Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread (724 Views)

Reno And Asari Gone Mute As Army Kill Rape And Raze ijaw Villages / Breaking News!!! Nigerian Army Are Now Burning Ijaw Villages. ( Photos)!!! / Corona Virus Scourge: Ijaw Villages And Villagers Are At Risk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 1:15am On Jan 05
Let's educate you on the second largest Tribe in South West if not the Largest

Ijaws have 86 Clans with over 2,800 villages and settlements.
Below is the Arogbo Sub-tribe one of the different Ijaw groups in Ondo and of the larger Ijaw Group.

The Arogbo Izon People "are a Clan or Sub-ethnic group of the larger Izon Nation, the 3rd Largest Ethnic Nationatity in Nigeria.[1] Izon Nation is surely the largest Ethnic Group in the Niger Delta Natural Region. They are very valiant and courageous folks. They are domiciled in the Southeastern part of present-day Ondo State from about the 9th Century A.D.[citation needed] The Arogbo Izon Ibe covers over One Hundred And Twenty (120) Izon Towns and Villages with headquarters at AROGBO TOWN.[citation needed]

Historically, the Arogbo Izon, a very warlike people, have had trading contacts with neighboring Ijaw groups (Apoi, Egbema) and the Ijebu and Ilaje Yoruba[citation needed]. Most Arogbo are bilingual, speaking dialects of both the Yoruba and Ijaw languages. The Arogbo Izon acted as middle men in the slave trade, selling captives from the interior to Europeans[citation needed]. The Freedom Post was erected at Arogbo Town in 1885[citation needed]. The Arogbo Izon hosted Nana Olomu in protection against colonialists who declared the Itsekiri Chief wanted[citation needed]. They resisted the colonial authorities successfully. The Arogbo Izon have never been defeated in any war[citation needed]. They always rise above trials. Traditionally, the Arogbo Izon encourage intra-tribal marriages amongst themselves and other Izon subgroups to sustain their culture and heritage[citation needed]. The Arogbo migrated to their present location from the town of Gbaran in the central Niger Delta. Worship of the god Egbesu is particularly strong among the Arogbo Izon.[citation needed]

The founding ancestors of the Arogbo were part of the same migration from Ujo-Gbaraun town[citation needed]. After a brief stop at Oproza, led by EJI and his younger brother, Perebiyenmo and sister, Fiyepatei, they went on to Ukparomo (now occupied by the towns of Akpata, Opuba, Ajapa, and Ukpe)[citation needed]. They stayed here for some time, about the length of the reign of two Agadagbas (military priest-rulers of the shrine of Egbesu)[citation needed]. They then moved to the present site of Arogbo. From this place descendants spread out to found the Arogbo Ibe. It was from Arogbo that some ancestors migrated northwards up the old course of the Forcados river and settled near the site of Patani[citation needed]. Living nearby in the upland region were proto Edo or Efa people called Erowha. These ancestors later on intermarried with them and gave birth to the Uvwei and Effurun (Efferun or Efferu the ancestor of the Effurun or Ephron was a descendant of Gbaran) sections of Urhobo people . During the time of the expansion of the Benin kingdom (1550), the Benin invaded Ukoruama (Lagos)[citation needed]. The Arogbo Izon sent soldiers to defend the Ijo living in that region. Their army camp became known as Idumu-Arogbo later shortened to Idumagbo. The Arogbo Izon also successfully halted the advance of the Benin army into the western delta and subsequently the whole of the Izon Ibe. The foundation of the Arogbo Ebe is clearly pre-11th century AD. The ancestors of the Arogbo lived at Ujo-Gbaraun between 872 – 994 AD. Along with the ancestors of the Gbaramatu and Tuomo they moved to the Escravos region, while the Arogbo Izon ancestors moved further west. web|url=http://www.ijawland.com/arogbo-ibe.html%7Ctitle=IPA - Ijaw Peoples Association (2009).|access-date=2010-10-24|archive-url=https://web.archive.org/web/20120430162353/http://www.ijawland.com/arogbo-ibe.

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by aylagos(m): 1:21am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:
Let's educate you on the second largest Tribe in South West if not the Largest

Ijaws have 86 Clans with over 2,800 villages and settlements.
Below is the Arogbo Sub-tribe one of the different Ijaw groups in Ondo and of the larger Ijaw Group.

The Arogbo Izon People "are a Clan or Sub-ethnic group of the larger Izon Nation, the 3rd Largest Ethnic Nationatity in Nigeria.[1] Izon Nation is surely the largest Ethnic Group in the Niger Delta Natural Region. They are very valiant and courageous folks. They are domiciled in the Southeastern part of present-day Ondo State from about the 9th Century A.D.[citation needed] The Arogbo Izon Ibe covers over One Hundred And Twenty (120) Izon Towns and Villages with headquarters at AROGBO TOWN.[citation needed]

Historically, the Arogbo Izon, a very warlike people, have had trading contacts with neighboring Ijaw groups (Apoi, Egbema) and the Ijebu and Ilaje Yoruba[citation needed]. Most Arogbo are bilingual, speaking dialects of both the Yoruba and Ijaw languages. The Arogbo Izon acted as middle men in the slave trade, selling captives from the interior to Europeans[citation needed]. The Freedom Post was erected at Arogbo Town in 1885[citation needed]. The Arogbo Izon hosted Nana Olomu in protection against colonialists who declared the Itsekiri Chief wanted[citation needed]. They resisted the colonial authorities successfully. The Arogbo Izon have never been defeated in any war[citation needed]. They always rise above trials. Traditionally, the Arogbo Izon encourage intra-tribal marriages amongst themselves and other Izon subgroups to sustain their culture and heritage[citation needed]. The Arogbo migrated to their present location from the town of Gbaran in the central Niger Delta. Worship of the god Egbesu is particularly strong among the Arogbo Izon.[citation needed]

The founding ancestors of the Arogbo were part of the same migration from Ujo-Gbaraun town[citation needed]. After a brief stop at Oproza, led by EJI and his younger brother, Perebiyenmo and sister, Fiyepatei, they went on to Ukparomo (now occupied by the towns of Akpata, Opuba, Ajapa, and Ukpe)[citation needed]. They stayed here for some time, about the length of the reign of two Agadagbas (military priest-rulers of the shrine of Egbesu)[citation needed]. They then moved to the present site of Arogbo. From this place descendants spread out to found the Arogbo Ibe. It was from Arogbo that some ancestors migrated northwards up the old course of the Forcados river and settled near the site of Patani[citation needed]. Living nearby in the upland region were proto Edo or Efa people called Erowha. These ancestors later on intermarried with them and gave birth to the Uvwei and Effurun (Efferun or Efferu the ancestor of the Effurun or Ephron was a descendant of Gbaran) sections of Urhobo people . During the time of the expansion of the Benin kingdom (1550), the Benin invaded Ukoruama (Lagos)[citation needed]. The Arogbo Izon sent soldiers to defend the Ijo living in that region. Their army camp became known as Idumu-Arogbo later shortened to Idumagbo. The Arogbo Izon also successfully halted the advance of the Benin army into the western delta and subsequently the whole of the Izon Ibe. The foundation of the Arogbo Ebe is clearly pre-11th century AD. The ancestors of the Arogbo lived at Ujo-Gbaraun between 872 – 994 AD. Along with the ancestors of the Gbaramatu and Tuomo they moved to the Escravos region, while the Arogbo Izon ancestors moved further west. web|url=http://www.ijawland.com/arogbo-ibe.html%7Ctitle=IPA - Ijaw Peoples Association (2009).|access-date=2010-10-24|archive-url=https://web.archive.org/web/20120430162353/http://www.ijawland.com/arogbo-ibe.
nah true ooooo.......you know they are the leaders of other slave working for south west their master
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by aylagos(m): 1:22am On Jan 05
why this slave they run up and down nah......stay in one place pls
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by SpatialKing(m): 2:19am On Jan 05
Ijaws are just craving for Yorubas attention

1 Like

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Ebi2233: 6:28am On Jan 05
Igbos created this thread to cause problems between Yorubas and Ijaws as we Don dey give them wotowoto.
I know my Ijaws when I see them

@General Ditari.

3 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Jogs1900: 7:31am On Jan 05
Ebi2233:
Igbos created this thread to cause problems between Yorubas and Ijaws as we Don dey give them wotowoto.

@General Ditari.
That's why they are the only tribes hated in Nigeria..
Everybody is using them to catch cruise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by BrodaBenad: 7:34am On Jan 05
Jogs1900:

That's why they are the only tribes hated in Nigeria..
Everybody is using them to catch cruise

You create thread they quote yourself

3 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Raskimonojendor: 7:47am On Jan 05
Omo Ibo
Well done. Registered yesterday and already created 3 anti-Yoruba threads.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Tunde835(m): 8:08am On Jan 05
Raskimonojendor:
Omo Ibo
Seun won't take any measures against this o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by aljharem(m): 8:12am On Jan 05
Another igbo impersonator

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Zulu11zulu: 8:21am On Jan 05
Ebi2233:

@General Ditari.
coward

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by BrodaBenad: 9:06am On Jan 05
Raskimonojendor:
Omo Ibo

What is yari!ba?

Who gave you that name?

You have no !dentity

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:06am On Jan 05
Ebi2233:

@General Ditari.

You're not Ijaw.

This was exactly your words and you created them

Unless you're a Yoruba impersonator claiming Ijaw

https://www.nairaland.com/7794630/names-300-none-yoruba-villages

No Ijaw son behaves like you

Come to Twitter I'm willing to engage you in a Live session

You're never Ijaw!

6 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Antivirus92(m): 9:07am On Jan 05
We know already, south west is half Yoruba, half Ijaw land. The Ijaw people have more population than the Yorubas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Raskimonojendor: 9:19am On Jan 05
BrodaBenad:

What is yari!ba?

Who gave you that name?

You have no !dentity
Just like the igala have you your name πŸ‘‡

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Raskimonojendor: 9:23am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

You're not Ijaw.

You're never Ijaw!

But Asari is Ijaw πŸ˜‚

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by masseratti: 9:27am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

You're not Ijaw.

You're never Ijaw!

lolzzz I swear the guy is neither Ijaw nor Yoruba read through his post.. He even registered this year.. This year that is less than 5 days he woke up this morning because he is jobless, can you imagine a full grown man writing things like this at 9am in the morning? Just a jobless man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:27am On Jan 05
Raskimonojendor:

But Asari is Ijaw πŸ˜‚

We can never deny our son

Asari is Ijaw by blood and dedication

Receipts
https://www.thecable.ng/nobody-can-stop-us-asari-dokubo-announces-formation-of-biafra-government/amp

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Ebi2233: 9:29am On Jan 05
Ebi2233:

@General Ditari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Ebi2233: 9:29am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

Receipts
https://www.thecable.ng/nobody-can-stop-us-asari-dokubo-announces-formation-of-biafra-government/amp

You are Igbo

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by opamoses1: 9:29am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

Receipts
The guy posted 2023 article and you replied with 2021 article 🀣🀣🀣

Igbos and inferiority complex. πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:30am On Jan 05
masseratti:
lolzzz I swear the guy is neither Ijaw nor Yoruba read through his post.. He even registered this year.. This year that is less than 5 days he woke up this morning because he is jobless, can you imagine a full grown man writing things like this at 9am in the morning? Just a jobless man.

There's a saying in Ijaw land that goes

If an Ijaw man had your back he has your back for life... it's a blood covenant that nothing can break

We will unmask all non Ijaws on Nairaland no matter how long it takes
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:30am On Jan 05
Ebi2233:

You are Igbo

You're Yoruba

I dare you to post your National ID, your PASSPORT or your Voters card

I'll do same... Even BVN

Choose a trusted member let's see the true Ijaws here who supports the Ijaw value

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by masseratti: 9:31am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

There's a saying in Ijaw land that goes

If an Ijaw man had your back he has your back for life... it's a blood covenant that nothing can break

We will unmask all non Ijaws on Nairaland no matter how long it takes
oh well good for you.. Happy unmasking.. Am not Ijaw tho.
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:33am On Jan 05
opamoses1:

The guy posted 2023 article and you replied with 2021 article 🀣🀣🀣

Igbos and inferiority complex. πŸ˜‚

This is 2024

If 2021 news is old

So is 2023
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by opamoses1: 9:35am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

This is 2024

If 2021 news is old

So is 2023 which is more recent
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Dude you are igbo. Dey deceive yourself.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by IjawUnited: 9:47am On Jan 05
opamoses1:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Dude you are igbo. Dey deceive yourself.

Recency invalidates what was said in the past?

Isn't that why we have internet receipts?

I don't understand why my threads triggers you so much

Where are you from?

Unmask yourself

2 Likes

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by dettolgel: 9:48am On Jan 05
Raskimonojendor:

I really do not think you clearly understood the text posted. grin grin

When your comprehension skills improve(if you work towards improving it) you will clearly understand why some people during an exam "go write full exam script come still collect extra answer sheet" and still end up failing. grin

1 Like

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by technicallyrich(m): 10:04am On Jan 05
[quote author=Ebi2233 post=127787813][/quote]
You are not ijaw but a Yoruba πŸ–,if you are ijaw do a live video of yourself and community I will give you 5 k,atleast to eat ewedu so you don't join other Yoruba people shouting e pa wa ooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by technicallyrich(m): 10:06am On Jan 05
IjawUnited:

You're Yoruba

I dare you to post your National ID, your PASSPORT or your Voters card

I'll do same... Even BVN

Choose a trusted member let's see the true Ijaws here who supports the Ijaw value
God bless you,don't mind the Yoruba πŸ– and coword.
Fear don catch am, accept the challenge ebi,and for once, differentiate yourself from other cowordsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by BrodaBenad: 10:38am On Jan 05
Raskimonojendor:

You're playing too much

"Igbo" is ancient and it literally means " gbo " which means "ancient"

We have communities ancient ones that bear igbo

Igboα»₯kwα»₯ Anambra

Akwukwu Igbo- Delta State

Igbouzor - Delta State

Obigbo- rivers

Igbo α»₯kwα»₯ bronze works and many other artefacts found in the town are ancient than even igala civilization

So the name igbo has always been there grin and ancient our ancient names have Igbo in it
Igbokwe
Igboanugo

Yoruba and all our neighbours share same words with us like
Fever: A fever is called "iba" in both yoruba and igbo, but with different accents.
Goat: Ewu means goat in Igbo, while Ewure means goat in Yoruba.
God/Deity: Orisa is the name of a deity/god in Yoruba but Olisa is a name for God in Igbo
The nose is interpreted as "imi" in Igbo and "imu" in Yoruba.
Yorubas say kini Igbos say gα»‹nα»‹ which means same thing
The list goes on

Ever heard of convergent of language? Where words accidentally means other things in another language? grin

Alot of Yoruba words and name means something completely different in Igbo.
Does that give them igbo origin? grin

Example I saw on nairaland.
These are what your names mean when an igbo hear them

Yetunde - Give some people.
Yemisi - give me head.
Bose- cut pepper.
Olakinde- fu-k without cease.
Makinde - hold him or her.
Taiye- open kpekus wide.
Waheedi- slide preek in.
Olaitan- fu-k 3 some.
Olaotu- fu-k one.
Akin- kanel.
Oladimeji - nacking 2 siblings.
Sanjo -too ugly or to much sins.
Banjo - enter sin.
Osibanjo- cooking ugly, or cooking sin.
Obasanjo - ugly bam.
Adebanjo- when writing sins.
Olubanjo - when he drop sin.
Onabanjo - when whaling sin.
Sunkomi - litter them

This 100% words in igbo and a classical example of convergent of language

"Igbo" in Yoruba means bush does that make it Yoruba?

Onigbo Or whatever it means in igala has no historic significance or meaning when they're towns bearing same name over 1000BC dated artefacts to show

It's okay to console yourself grasping on straws yarr!!bΓ‘ was given to OYO people by fulanis not long ago and that's what you're bearing till today

You've lost your !dentity

1 Like

Re: They're Over 300 Ijaw Villages In South West: A Thread by Goodvibes007: 10:41am On Jan 05
BrodaBenad:

You're playing too much

No one is disputing that just as no one is disputing how the igala named SE people slaves and outcasts.

Ijaw, Benin, Itsekiri e.t.c all sold SE people as slaves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are We Still Teaching Peter Obi A Bitter Lesson? / Has Pandora Ended His Religious War With Islam ? / Yar’aduaβ€˜s Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.