Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. (219 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Whalis: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
I am a churchgoer and partake in church activities I think I can. I am not an ultra-religious person.
To be frank I am a Christian because I was born in southern Nigeria. I think I might have been a Muslim as well if I were born in the northern part of Nigeria.
I am not fanatical about religion. I question practice and creeds.
I believe people practice whatsoever religion closest to them for this reason I don't see any religion as unapproved.
And for this reason I go to church and worship God only.
Now my Church wants me to go beyond this by appointing me a Deacon. How can you appoint someone with my description above a Deacon?
I have told them I do not have the charisma of what they want from me. Others are interested in said position why force on an unwilling fellow?
Please I need an advice.
Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by siofragspot: 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
undecided kiss
Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by ANormalHuman: 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:
I am a churchgoer and partake in church activities I think I can. I am not an ultra-religious person.
To be frank I am a Christian because I was born in southern Nigeria. I think I might have been a Muslim as well if I were born in the northern part of Nigeria.
I believe people practice whatsoever religion closest to them for this reason I don't see any religion as unapproved.
Now my Church wants me to go beyond this by appointing me a Deacon. How can you appoint someone with my description above a Deacon?
I have told them I do not have the charisma of what they want from me. Others are interested in said position why force on an unwilling fellow?
Please I need an advice.

Simple answer, no.

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Whalis: 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
ANormalHuman:

Simple answer, no.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by LordReed(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:
Please I need an advice.

You are probably seen as highly responsible and consistent. Don't take it if you aren't ready to shoulder the burden.

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Whalis: 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
LordReed:

You are probably seen as highly responsible and consistent. Don't take it if you aren't ready to shoulder the burden.
You got it. Some persons take some of us who are moralists as good Christians but this is not always true. We know what is good and what is to be avoided. Some persons just assume in that case I would make a good deacon. Presently I have a lot that I can't combine it with a serious task like being a Deacon of a church.

2 Likes

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:

You got it. Some persons take some of us who are moralists as good Christians but this is not always true. We know what is good and what is to be avoided. Some persons just assume in that case I would make a good deacon. Presently I have a lot that I can't combine it with a serious task like being a Deacon of a church.

Don't take it. That is the place of death!

It is good that you might be a good example which means that you have done your job under Christ which is to "Shine your light"!

2 Likes

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:
To be frank I am a Christian because I was born in southern Nigeria. I think I might have been a Muslim as well if I were born in the northern part of Nigeria. I am not fanatical about religion. I question practice and creeds. I believe people practice whatsoever religion closest to them for this reason I don't see any religion as unapproved. And for this reason I go to church and worship God only.
Now my Church wants me to go beyond this by appointing me a Deacon. How can you appoint someone with my description above a Deacon? I have told them I do not have the charisma of what they want from me. Others are interested in said position why force on an unwilling fellow? Please I need an advice
Advice on what exactly? By the way, you go there to worship your gods of men and your gods of men want to appoint you a deacon, why are we to advise you again? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by BigDawsNet: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:
Please I need an advice.

I once took a responsibility similar to this some years ago... tho the post was temporary.. but even tho at first.. I don't want it because its will definitely restrict me from my own personal daily lifestyle outside church... after some pressure from the pastors and Co... I took it and follow the rules till I completed the mission.. wasn't easy one.. but only reason I did it was because its temporarily and also.. I needed to get close to God at that point. so I took it as an opportunity...

If you think you can do it... go ahead..
If you think.. it won't be easy... approach your pastor and tell them your mind... everyone has right to make decisions that concerns his or her life...

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Dtruthspeaker: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
BigDawsNet:

.. everyone has right to make decisions that concerns his or her life...

Goodluck

This is the important part of yout post and the bible had already warned us all, "FEAR GOD"! Even Moses did not willingly enter it even when it was God Who called him, is it now when it is man who calls?

3 Likes

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by achorladey: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
Whalis:
Please I need an advice.

Peter feed my sheep is different from Peter you are the shepherd of my sheep.

No go collect title wey go chain you to things that you will not readily like or have to do things your conscience go consume you for future grin grin grin

Keep doing the work of a shepherd. Don't try to become one in the name of religious titles. Your freedom is on the line grin grin grin

As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves

No go become an emasculated man on top church position

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by paxonel(m): 1:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Whalis:
Please I need an advice.
were you contributing financially to the church such that, you were noticed as a high income earner?

1 Like

Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Whalis: 1:43am On Oct 02, 2023
paxonel:
were you contributing financially to the church such that, you were noticed as a high income earner?
I contribute to the best of my ability and that is conscientiously.
Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by paxonel(m): 2:01am On Oct 02, 2023
Whalis:

I contribute to the best of my ability and that is conscientiously.
Now, that your conscientiously contributions, though you did them in good fate, but they have gradually transferred it from their responsibility to your responsibility,it's a thing of the mind though. And now, they want you to start taking absolute control, whether you are ready or not.
Re: My Church Wants Me To Be A Clergy. by Whalis: 2:19am On Oct 02, 2023
paxonel:
Now, that your conscientiously contributions, though you did them in good fate, but they have gradually transferred it from their responsibility to your responsibility,it's a thing of the mind though. And now, they want you to start taking absolute control, whether you are ready or not.
Just imagine.

(1) (Reply)

1 Hour Non Stop Intense Worship Session With Apostle Joshua Selman / Fulfilment: The Heaven Of Finding Your Purpose In Life / It's Time To Rebuild Our Personal Altars!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.