Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,410 members, 7,830,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah (18901 Views)

Brace Up For Protest, Strike Action – NLC, TUC Charge Rivers Workers / Oluwole Owolabi: You Chased Me Out Of Nigeria Since 1986 Nothing Has Changed / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by kcdendelo: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2023
YeyeGbami:
See him head like awon atilawi.

Dialogue with FG instead of fruitless strike action.
Dialogue kill u dia

3 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Brushstrokes20: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bring it on! grin. Nig must be rescued from the diabolic claws of self serving THIEVES masquerading as leaders! undecided

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by crossfm: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

That's the same worry I have, they should not even bother to start at all.

When the populace are ready, they will come out without all this plenty talks and date fixing
but for now"May the Strongest Survive "

We are now use to their style, after all said, nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Treasure17(m): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
I support them with my full chest.
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by okorogodwin4(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

If you think NLC is fighting for you, you are a joker.

They are fighting for their pockets.

That ipobic NLC president is just fighting for his pocket as Obi don lose abi no be Ipob again?

An average Ipob can sell his father because of money .

FG should just give them 200m, the ipobic NLC president will pocket 100m then the remaining 100m will be shared among the national excos each will get like 20m and those regional excos without any power will get nothing and will have to still succumb to their superiors.

Lobatan, strike is over
you will cry blood we shall look Nigeria
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by blowjohn(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
I just don't understand why we can't repair our refineeries!!!

But they are eager to dole our palliatives worth hundreds of billions

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by RighChannel: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Oponu, shey u no see where he said "we have been talking for months with no action from the Federal government"

2 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by YeyeGbami: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
RighChannel:

Oponu, shey u no see where he said "we have been talking for months with no action from the Federal government"

Wa ke ku ni.
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Hamachi(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2023
NLC is currently divided, watch as things play out. The man are the helms of affairs at NLC are not liked by some other NLC members because his not doing their bidding from politicians

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by soccerlite: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2023
Obaofaba:
Go ahead please.

Personally, I want the strike to hold, I equally want the government to call their bluffs.

When hunger set in, they will be the one pleading to resume work.

The good news is that not all of them have been paid their salaries.

Please don't say Nigeria will lose a lot of billions, when government had all the billions with them, of what importance is it to the common man?

My point is, NLC and TUC are too greedy just like our politicians.

Of what use is the increment of their salaries to the majority who are neither a staff of the government nor their members?

The masses will only suffer from inflation as a result of the increment of their salaries.

Funny

Laughable comment

As if there's no inflation already

As if workers will not spend the money to the general public

As if govt is not supposed to be increasing salary every 5yrs, when was the last time it was reviewed

Where in the world will there be such present kind of inflation that has crippled purchasing power that there won't be increase in wages

But common sense isn't common

5 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Petacephas: 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2023
Anybody responsible for this nonsense in this country will never find peace both now and after death. All past leaders in Nigeria are demons. God will punish them all. This problem started long ago due to greed. All of them have their families abroad. They all have dual citizenship. If the Government allows this strike to hold then those in government will be so so wicked and insensitive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by naijaboy756: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
NLC under joe ajaero is another political wing of labour party
Labour Party is the reason dollar is over 1k

Grand olodo

On Tuesday we will replicate the Ojota strike of 2012

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by frankson1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Let the battle begin. My only problem is that NLC is not to be trusted.

Last minute,they will call it off grin.

I don't know why you guys are so happy for the strike to be held or you think the President, his children and even the labour president himself will go hungry undecided

The only thing I see in this is, whenever they call off the strike if it holds, hardship would have doubled, any gains that was made in growing the economy would have been drawn back and will only take longer to reset it.

In the end, na the majority of the citizens go still continue the suffering and nothing would have changed.

2 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by frankson1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
asobo1:
To bad for FG

How bad....too bad for some of them who may likely travel out of the country to stay with their kids or will they go hungry undecided
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by yarimo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
naijaboy756:
Labour Party is the reason dollar is over 1k

Grand olodo

On Tuesday we will replicate the Ojota strike of 2012
How far with mohbad case?

2 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Donjuan77: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
If u guys Wants to strike pls do, dont be disturbing us with strike matters all the time and nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by smileyoo: 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
NLC can go on strike for all i care, but strikes don't solve problems, but instead will put more pressure on the already distraught citizens and at the end of the strikes, things will still remain the same , or even degenerates because NLC people always fail to do the right thing at the right time.
during elections , when a change in leadership can be positively effected, they will exhibit uncommon docility instead of joining to mobilize the suffering masses to put a government with human face, after elections when these insensitive leaders, start churning out their draconian policies, with the seriousness of a taskmaster, the same non-challant NLC will start disturbing us with their so-called strikes.
NLC must close down the government establishments, like local and international airports, state governments headquarters, aso-rock the federal seat of government, or else they are striking against the poor masses and not the taskmasters, and it's unnecessary.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by raskymonojendor: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
Obakoolex:

undecided I liked some of your post because we share similar idelogy especially about Tinubu governance but some of you people comment at times makes me wonder if you are actually a paid agent or maybe you benefit from the government so anything they dished out must be defendable
I thank God and if you're living comfortably what about the masses that are going through serious pains lately bcoz nothing ever since is working in their favour. ARE WE GOING TO TURN BLIND EYES AND NOT BE PATRIOTIC AND CALL OUT THE GOVERNMENT WHEN THEY ARE WRONG!!!
And you do not think this strike would make life more unbearable and multiply the pain?

Read the post below 👇 to understand where I am coming from.

frankson1:

And after the FG would have loss billions, you think labour demands would be immediately met...

And after the FG would have loss billions, you think they won't still get their normal pay and live their normal life style...

And after the FG would have loss billions, who do you think will bear the brunt the most...

The billions the FG gave to the governors, is anyone asking the governors what they used the billions for...

You guys should keep rejoicing and thinking the loss of billions will stop Senators from receiving their sitting, recess and all allowances in full or stop the President from travelling with the presidential jet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Bluntemperor: 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
eclatante:
ASUU. embarassed

The Labour Leaders has always wanted to have Strike but is yet to tell Nigerians there own side of the Story, e g with 25K added to Salaries today- which of Course is not sufficient for households in Nigeria because of Inflation and Low Productivities of Workers- majority of our Youths- are under Unemployment ,but why don't you parley with the Govt now and hear , what they have to say,and •Demand what next 6- Months will be,afterall, what is the Productions of any Workers/Labours, staying at home?
1-Would the PMS Prices rise by the Shylock Marketers,who are always telling us- Price Increases, without demonstrating corresponding Patrotic elements to Nigerians that it is our Crude Oil'they are Carrying, without Stress!
2.That is why govt must not leave everything to Free Market -System- no Nation, leaves key Sector to Free Market, without Control!
3- Is Labour Leaders ( NLC) bent on this Strike for Workers -liberation or because Payments of Dues by Members ,are being threatened? e g Oil and Gas Workers Union, Banks and allied Workers can't claim they are not better off,than the rest of Other -Workers,so why should they Strike- when Non- of the Refineries is Functional and Working?
Many Banks are not given out Loans- because the Public cannot afford the High Interest Rates,e g 15-to- 27% Interest Rates- for 200+Million Nigerians!
4• Labour should first get a Clarification from the Finance Minister ,in Writing -as to who qualifies for ' Low Grade' additional Salary of 25k- before you go
on Strike!
5• the NLC//TUC leaders should present their Own Portion of a Minimum Wage,to govt and the Public-taking into Account that - Nigeria Crude Oil, Revenue is not coming in volumes like before during OBJ or GEJ hence,Govt borrowings and Loans are increasing -since Buhari days!
6• The NLC, should go to Govt called Meetings,-not to claims they know everything,for once you start a Strike, can you really sustained the long -Strike,with Commitments,as long as it lasts,in today's Nigeria?
7- What is the Private Sectors responses to ' Low Grade ' Workers and is these 25k not going to be additional Costs to Industrial Sectors?
What is the Meetings with NECA and it's affiliates in Payments of a New 25,000 and New Allowancs as well?
• Everything should be based on Costs Benefits Analysis( CBA), for Labour to Succeed in this fight!
*But govt should also come- Clean on the Followings:
1- what is the State of 4-Refineries in Nigeria today? When are they going to be Functional?
2- in 6- Months, what would be a Minimum Wage in Nigeria,as there would not be any place to hide if this is not settled,for all of us by then!
3- How Much have been Saved by this Govt,since removal of Subsidies and
4• What happens to the Retirees- same paltry payments every Months from the Corrupt ridden PENCOM-Orgsnisation- that have failed to Obey the Courts that said- 50% of Retirees Money should be paid to them,only for Madam in PENCOM to be disobedience to the Court- saying they would Appeal - on whose behalf?
This is also Corruption in Nigeria!
5• What happens to the - Peasants-,the tailors,the mechanics,the Market Women,the bricklayers,etc?
How do they Survive - with what?
6• When would you establish the Students -Loan -Bank-, that govt Promised-and are the Rules for this Loan Favourable to Students? e g. say- I present my Students ID Cards ,my Admission Letter, my Department Guarranteed-that I'm Still in the School today-; will I be able to get the Loan- Facilities easily, to reduced the Tension in the Higher Educational Institutions in Nigeria- due to many Universities that have adjusted the School Fees Upwards?
7- When Would Govt Established the Entrepreneur Bank - as suggested by Dr Adedeji of AfDB-who has volunteered to help in this regards?
8- What is the preparedness of State Govts for Salaries Increase, because most of our States are just waiting for quarterly Windfalls! They should think outside the Box- to bring dynanysim of govt to the grassroots,so that the Nigerian Masses can enjoy the Dividends of Democracy!
• Labour Leaders have so many ways to win the Govt,if they too are sincere in all they do,
For Labour Leaders should not dabbled into politics again,- let the Nigerian Workers Vote their Conscience,for ' he that Comes to Equity Must Come With Clean Hands'

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by frankson1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
UKEMY:

Do you know the Billions FG loses whenever there is strike?
imagine if our Airspace is closed for just a day all Airlines will be grounded ,Seaport Operation will be halted.
Tinubu should provide buses to Cushion the Effects of Subsidy Removal and stop giving Governors Billions and he should ensure our Refinery starts operating as at the due time .
People are suffering ooo

And after the FG would have loss billions, you think labour demands would be immediately met...

And after the FG would have loss billions, you think they won't still get their normal pay and live their normal life style...

And after the FG would have loss billions, who do you think will bear the brunt the most...

The billions the FG gave to the governors, is anyone asking the governors what they used the billions for...

You guys should keep rejoicing and thinking the loss of billions will stop Senators from receiving their sitting, recess and all allowances in full or stop the President from travelling with the presidential jet.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by theamazonguru(m): 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Last minute,they will call it off grin.

By the time Ghana must go, SUV and houses in choice location is offered to them. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by occfx: 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
chokekachy:
Benson Upah, Head of Information and Public Affairs, NLC

SOURCE: AriseTV

We wait till 23:59....if Ghana must go bag no go change hands

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by crossfm: 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2023
theamazonguru:

By the time Ghana must go, SUV and houses in choice location is offered to them. Hahaha

You really know them grin.

1 Like

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by aremubabs: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2023
Tinubu needs to reverse the fuel subsidy removal, and put things in place before ever attempting to remove it.

2 Likes

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Ten06(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
[quote author=crossfm post=126130017]Hehehe.

Last minute,they will call it off grin.[/quote

Strike is only a means to an end. It is not an end itself
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by BabaAduras: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
Taylor92:
The worst human being you don’t wanna be right now is Tinubu

Every angle of his life is falling apart

I know where ever he is right now he’s peeing on his pants because of his long protected Chicago records that will be released tomorrow 12noon

NLC make una pity am Abeg this shame is too much

This is why it’s always good to keep your dealings and doings transparent and following due process

Tinubu would have just left politics after 1999 and enjoy his loots in peace knowing he’s not an upright person

See shame

If they like let the IPOB/LP affiliated NLC go on strike forever. BAT will NOT shift on subsidy removal.

When salary is stopped, hunger will wire common sense into their political clouded brains.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by jrusky(m): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Go ahead with your strike, your choice your life.
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by oranget(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
YeyeGbami:

Dialogue yẹ̀yẹ́ wo?
The same FG that has been playing them since. If the FG was really serious, there would have been positive response after the 48 hours warning strike.
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by naijaboy756: 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
yarimo:
How far with mohbad case?
leave mohbad

Diesel is 1.1k

Mumu
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by frankson1(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
raskymonojendor:

And you do not think this strike would make life more unbearable and multiply the pain?

Read the post below 👇 to understand where I am coming from.

This is common reasoning but they think everything is all about politics and if you have a different opinion from there's, then you most be paid by the government.

It's not rocket science to know that the strike will not make things any better but make things even more difficult.

The fellow I quoted was would have really been so excited when telling how the FG will loss billions.

I don't know if hardship is affecting the frontal lobe that most people can no longer reason.
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Chetas81(m): 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2023
YeyeGbami:

YOU MEAN FG, THE FAILED GOVERNMENT
Re: NLC: Nothing Has Changed, We Are Ready For Our Strike Action - Benson Upah by Spinno: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hmmm...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Photos From Olusegun Mimiko's 62nd Birthday Party / Natives And Fulani Herdsmen Clash In Kaduna, 37 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.