Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke (15683 Views)

Yoruba Nation: Osun Won’t Tolerate Unlawful Gatherings - Amotekun Warns / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister / Presidential Campaign Promise: You Won’t Regret Voting APC In 2019 – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by 9jahotblog: 7:43am On Jul 23, 2022
I’m prepared, Osun won’t regret electing me – Adeleke

The Governor-elect of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adekele, has promised the people of the state that he is prepared to serve.

He said he was aware of the several challenges facing the state but that he would tackle them head-on.

Adeleke, who was the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, defeated the incumbent governor and candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Adegboyega Oyetola, to emerge as the winner of the July 16 election.

According to the Independent National Electoral Commission, Adeleke scored 403,371 votes and won in 17 local government areas to defeat Oyetola, who scored 375,027 votes and won in 13 LGAs. No fewer than 15 political parties participated in the election.

In an interview with Saturday PUNCH, Adeleke, who received his Certificate of Return from the INEC on Wednesday, said, “My election by the good people of Osun State is divine. I am prepared to govern. I am also not unaware of the many challenges facing the people of our state. I want to assure you and the people of our dear state that I won’t disappoint them.

“I have the capacity to lead the state and I will do it with the fear of God. I shall provide the needed leadership. I have learnt a lot within the last four years when our first mandate was stolen.

“I promise not to disappoint the people. We shall prioritise our needs and I can assure you that the needs of the people shall be our priority. Osun people have suffered enough, they need to smile and laugh like their counterparts in other states that are working. We shall make that possible.”

APC’s defeat temporary setback – Oyetola

But the Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, on Friday said the defeat suffered by his party, the All Progressives Congress, in the July 16 governorship election was a temporary setback.

Oyetola, who spoke at a meeting held at the Osun Government House, Oke Fia, Osogbo, and attended by political appointees and party leaders, also said the loss was a test from God.

He said, “Rumours have been spreading around that I have run away after the election result was announced. We also heard the PDP saying I am trying to convert government assets to mine. Don’t worry about them; they are simply playing to the gallery. I summoned all of you here to assure you that the present situation is just a temporary setback. It is a test of our resolve by God and we will continue to stand by him. Ours is God’s project and we shall not despair.

“Go back to your various units and wards across the state and continue with regular party activities; hold your meetings regularly. We have a bigger project ahead and we must not allow this temporary setback to distract us.”

Meanwhile, the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji, while speaking at his palace when he received the governor-elect and his supporters, revealed that he was threatened with eviction by some undisclosed people.

It would be recalled that during Adeleke’s visit to Ataoja before the governorship poll, the monarch, while reacting to the alleged attack on some PDP members coming to receive their party’s candidate, had placed curses on people behind politically motivated attacks in the town.

The outburst of the royal father did not however go down well with some people within the community, who accused him of partisanship.

But Ataoja, while speaking in a short video clip recorded during the governor-elect visit to him, described himself as lucky with Adeleke’s victory, as he could have been chased out of the palace with a broom.

The monarch who spoke in Yoruba in the video said, “My sermon to my son, who is now my boss, is simple: may you be successful in office. I am saying this openly so that people can hear. Let them know that my joy has come. Imagine them saying they will sweep me away with their brooms, with a cane from this palace? It was God that saved me. It is not only Ademola (Adeleke) that has been lucky; Ataoja is also lucky.

https://punchng.com/im-prepared-osun-wont-regret-electing-me-adeleke/

7 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by bigeagleeye(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2022
Dear Gov. Elect Adeleke,
- settle down fast with a strong resolve to make lot of sacrifices, if you really want to have legacies; Bill Gate said recently that he wants to be poorer, let that sink.
- sit wise men with genuine concerns for the people down and get a clear lead on how to prioritize your wishes and desires; without proper documents to guide, hmm!
- Osun State is poor, same as many others..people will join you in sacrificing for a better State when they see you leading from the front; be as transparent as possible.
- More importantly, develop the habit of talking to the people and not to the media..they have capacity to be deliberately mischievous.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 23, 2022
we hope so sir,dont be another small version of Buhari to the poor masses that voted for you. we wish you the very best

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by GudHardDick: 7:46am On Jul 23, 2022
Nigerians have decided that it is Peter Obi they want. Man is the best candidate for the job! He
is extremely more than prepared. We need Obi to recused this country from those old criminal ancestors.

Go and get your PVCs if you haven't done that. The PVC registration expires on the 31st of July. Get your PVC and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by 9jahotblog: 7:49am On Jul 23, 2022
Yes soo. We pray you succeed in your government in Jesus Name. Olorun Alaye Ogo ni fun oruko ree. Victories galore for Governor elect, Senator Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by 9jahotblog: 7:50am On Jul 23, 2022
Cc mynd44 cc OAM4j cc Seun cc lalasticlala cc fynestboi
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Jostoman: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2022
May God help you sir

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by ifedubris: 7:52am On Jul 23, 2022
Imole
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by haiti007(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Please do sir, nay sayers have been planning to laugh all those that have voted for you when the time comes

2 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by parkervero(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Job for youth ooo

3 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Peacecore: 7:54am On Jul 23, 2022
Fingers cross...
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2022
Okay
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by MITCHELL96: 7:59am On Jul 23, 2022
Nigerian politicians and their ugly physique sef ehn undecided

Mr, go hit the gym man, you're not physically fit

Senate should pass a bill that all politicians ready to contest for any seat must be physically fit, I'm tired of seeing all these cargo bags they carry as belly.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by 9jahotblog: 8:36am On Jul 23, 2022
GudHardDick:
Nigerians have decided that it is Peter Obi they want. Man is the best candidate for the job! He
is extremely more than prepared. We need Obi to recused this country from those old criminal ancestors.

Go and get your PVCs if you haven't done that. The PVC registration expires on the 31st of July. Get your PVC and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!!
Atiku/Okowa has come to win.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by tamdun: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2022
Wetin go remain after fd govt remove debt from ur monthly allocation? No money for Osun state, e go shock u

5 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Moh247: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
cool

Ikpeazu sef talk pass this one

Na swegbe Oyetola cause all this nonsense, for dancing Senator to lead Osun State Center of civilisation and knowledge

6 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Wintertime: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Normal
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by wittywriter: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Talk is cheap....
bigeagleeye:
Dear Gov. Elect Adeleke,
- settle down fast with a strong resolve to make lot of sacrifices, if you really want to have legacies; Bill Gate said recently that he wants to be poorer, let that sink.
- sit wise men with genuine concerns for the people down and get a clear lead on how to prioritize your wishes and desires; without proper documents to guide, hmm!
- Osun State is poor, same as many others..people will join you in sacrificing for a better State when they see you leading from the front; be as transparent as possible.
- More importantly, develop the habit of talking to the people and not to the media..they have capacity to be deliberately mischievous.
Exactly....grassroot discussions not media reviews.

Wittyness
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by ImoleNaija: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
We hope so
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by sukkot: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
ok. well you guys did build that university so you are doing ok
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by dahnimoh(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
K
You can do it.
If certificateless people can do it, why won't you that has certificate.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by vincentjk(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
I like the man though, I hope he delivers just as expected.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by kiiingemmy(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
cheesy people of. God

Do You download Movies from Netnaija and you are tired of the ads/pop ups?

Just visit https://thenetnaija.me to download your movies/tvseries without the pop up ads

It takes you to straight download.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Horeb147(m): 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ok
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by OgaDeyVex: 12:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Money Is Really Good
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by tollyboy5(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
wink. He will do better for sure.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Realists(m): 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Nigerian politicians and their ugly physique sef ehn undecided

Mr, go hit the gym man, you're not physically fit

Senate should pass a bill that all politicians ready to contest for any seat must be physically fit, I'm tired of seeing all these cargo bags.

The big tummy is for looting of common resources. If not tell me the most common physical similarity between a Nigerian politician and a police man, if not the big tummy.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Flukey: 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Definitely.
Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by Onogiede(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Enough sir instead let ur action and ur body language speaks for you,...meanwhile Niger Delta all for Obidient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by mrkings84(m): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Work and bring Obi to power.
It's only by that u can have a good leadership at the state level.

1 Like

Re: I’m Prepared, Osun Won’t Regret Electing Me – Senator Ademola Adeleke by sofiscatedmoron: 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
grin
Let's us see,
Fingers crossed �

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Hits N685/litre In North / BREAKING: We Won’t Call Any Witness In Defence Of Petition By PDP, Atiku – INEC / Doyin Okupe: Peter Obi Will Get Above 40% In Lagos And Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.