Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment (19927 Views)

FG Jerks Up Provisional Wage Increment To ₦‎35,000 / FG Says N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment Applicable To All Workers / Minimum Wage: Labour Rejects FG's Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Georgejeez: 12:26am On Oct 02, 2023
But is it a fixed requirement that the Labour leaders must never dress well grin grin grin.

Oshiomole time - steady khaki .

Joe Alero - Ice-cream seller outfits
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:39am On Oct 02, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
they should tell the government to fight inflation instead of demanding more money. That will only lead to more inflation and creating more poor people.

Shey the 30k minimum wage they took from buhari didn't teach them anything?

Oga they know government won't fight inflation. Na today
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by enemyofprogress: 12:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Make NLC no gree o. Strike is the answer. I wan rest from work abeg
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by enemyofprogress: 12:43am On Oct 02, 2023
Georgejeez:
But is it a fixed requirement that the Labour leaders must never dress well grin grin grin.

Oshiomole time - steady khaki .

Joe Alero - Ice-cream seller outfits
the tire me o
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by NinjaMetahuman: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2023
Dreamhighnow:

Oga they know government won't fight inflation. Na today
Government will have to fight it. Just like government will have to reach compromise on minimum wage if they go on strike.

The major problem facing workers and everybody currently is food inflation. It is also the easiest to fight with quickest result possible.

If workers don't have to spend a huge chunk of their salaries on food, they can worry about other things later.

If They go on strike and forcing the government to invest heavily on agriculture and security to bring the price of food down it will favor everyone, not just the workers on the long run.

All the palliatives and money saved from subsidy, Invest everything into agriculture and security and by January, we already start seeing the result.

But no. Workers will rather be chasing shadows and hoping for money that will get wiped out by inflation within the next 6-10 months.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Dreamhighnow(m): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
Government will have to fight it. Just like government will have to reach compromise on minimum wage if they go on strike.

The major problem facing workers and everybody currently is food inflation. It is also the easiest to fight with quickest result possible.

If workers don't have to spend a huge chunk of their salaries on food, they can worry about other things later.

If They go on strike and forcing the government to invest heavily on agriculture and security to bring the price of food down it will favor everyone, not just the workers on the long run.

All the palliatives and money saved from subsidy, Invest everything into agriculture and security and by January, we already start seeing the result.

But no. Workers will rather be chasing shadows and hoping for money that will get wiped out by inflation within the next 6-10 months.

And who told you those in power doesn't know all these things. Abi wetin min of finance dey do. CBN, FIRS and many others
. Most of them are just looking for more money and not ready to fix the nation
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by jersey4: 1:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Lucky you if you either work for LG, State, or Fed.

The rest can go 😌 wherever!!!
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by NinjaMetahuman: 1:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Dreamhighnow:

And who told you those in power doesn't know all these things. Abi wetin min of finance dey do. CBN, FIRS and many others
. Most of them are just looking for more money and not ready to fix the nation
read again.

I didn't say they don't know all these things. I said they need to be pushed to do the right thing.

That's why labour strike should be about fighting food inflation, not increasing wages that will get wiped by the same inflation.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:43am On Oct 02, 2023
Dittodat:
Lunatics
100 percent will just increase inflation exponentially.
ABI ooo forgetting not everyone works for govt... Nawa oooo...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:47am On Oct 02, 2023
Flame333:

The is no political war.. Tinubu cannot project someone who destroyed us and after eight years of his party misrule, he is coming to claim the Messiah but we must suffer to live in our country..

You cannot be to leading and have nothing to show for it due to bad policies and poor management of the economy..

If he had gone for debate and promise us this hardship, we would have known who to select.. You cannot manipulate your way and be manipulating people's future under the cover of it will get better..

it was always between tinubu or Atiku to win... Others were Neva going to win.. obi spoiled Atiku chances... Debate has nothing to do with winning president polls even in America...
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by israelmao(m): 1:52am On Oct 02, 2023
This government is built on lie,the news was all over the place that 25% increment is for the low grade workers now they are saying it is across broad,I really doubt the sincerity of this government.Subsidy ghost is haunting Tinubu and he may give up the ghost under its torment.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by MartinsD12(m): 2:42am On Oct 02, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-labour-rejects-tinubus-n25000-provisional-wage-increment/amp
Whatever you people are doing and not talking about the people unemployed is counter productive, inflation no dey affect only government workers,it affects everyone including a new born baby whose feeding baby foods has increased 100%, they should talk of something to benefit everybody for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Spray(m): 3:17am On Oct 02, 2023
Dittodat:
Lunatics

So, aren't we experiencing inflation now?
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by tit(f): 4:01am On Oct 02, 2023
Long live jagaban Tinybu
Make minimum wage 100,000 naira
1 meal a day
As you promise
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Kobojunkie: 4:43am On Oct 02, 2023
tit:
Long live jagaban Tinybu
Make minimum wage 100,000 naira
1 meal a day
As you promise
You actually believed that to be possible? Do you know the ramifications of doing that? It would mean that about than the businesses out there that are unable to make enough to pay their employees that much will shutter. Others will have to lay off workers and increase work load of those they in fact pay in order to break even. Do you realize how much more damage that would end up doing to Nigeria which right now has almost 70% of its population (many of them also business owners ) living in poverty? undecided

It is not OK to vote blindly for whatever porkbarrel idea that a politician throws out there. undecided
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chochovini: 5:36am On Oct 02, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
angry angry grin OBIDIENTS dey disguised as labour grin
. Hey, where you? Oya come pack this shit wey you drop here called comment.
Before the Obidents movement ever came to be was there no Labour Union? Ewu.
Comr. Adams Oshimole was president of Nigeria Labour congress from 1999 to 2007. Was there any dream like the Obident Movement then?
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chibuzoripob: 5:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Chochovini:
. Hey, where you? Oya come pack this shit wey you drop here called comment.
Before the Obidents movement ever came to be was there no Labour Union? Ewu.
Comr. Adams Oshimole was president of Nigeria Labour congress from 1999 to 2007. Was there any dream like the Obident Movement then?
If u call Ur father Ewu,no problem
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by JUHABACH: 5:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Dittodat:
Lunatics

When in the history of Nigeria has workers wages been a significant factor in the rate of inflation?
How much is the combined wage budget of workers compared to the trillions of naira printed illegally by the CBN and subsequently embezzelled?
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Broveens42(m): 5:53am On Oct 02, 2023
exynos:
25k increment is not feasible

Yes, and that's because the amalgamated area is a private company and not a Nation
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 5:54am On Oct 02, 2023
This Labour just dey press Tinubu mumu button anyhow
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chochovini: 5:57am On Oct 02, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
If u call Ur father Ewu,no problem
. You are not my father. So it was you that I called.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chibuzoripob: 5:58am On Oct 02, 2023
Chochovini:
. You are not my father. So it was you that I called.
I'm old enuf to be your father lik biy
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chochovini: 6:08am On Oct 02, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
I'm old enuf to be your father lik biy
. Yet you talk like a kid? How could you say, Obidents disguising as labour? Where is the sense in that trashy comment? Do you even know when the Labour Union was formed?
How do you even know you are old enough to be my father?
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chibuzoripob: 6:16am On Oct 02, 2023
Chochovini:
. Yet you talk like a kid? How could you say, Obidents disguising as labour? Where is the sense in that trashy comment? Do you even know when the Labour Union was formed?
How do you even know you are old enough to be my father?
then your father too is a kid
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chochovini: 6:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
then your father too is a kid
. My father doesn‘t reason or goof the way you do. He is matured and acts like one.

Again why diverting to talk about my father when you should be talking about your own father? That‘s if you‘ve got one at all.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Iamanoited: 6:31am On Oct 02, 2023
"breaking-labour-rejects-tinubus-n25000-provisional-wage-increment".

N25000. SHOULD BE ADDED TO ALL SALARIES, WAGES AND PENSIONS THAT ARE BELLOW LEVELS 1 - 6 OF GOVERNMENT SALARY STRUCTURES.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Chibuzoripob: 6:36am On Oct 02, 2023
Chochovini:
. My father doesn‘t reason or goof the way you do. He is matured and acts like one.

Again why diverting to talk about my father when you should be talking about your own father? That‘s if you‘ve got one at all.
Me and Ur father reason the same
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by HenryWilliams(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Make NLC no gree o. Strike is the answer. I wan rest from work abeg

Were y'all expecting the strike to commence?
Don't y'all know NLC uses strike to cashout?
Haven't y'all goten the program?
NLC complains
FG ignores
NLC threatens strike
FG ignores
NLC mobilizes.
FG calls meeting
NLC ignores till last minute
FG negotiates half hearted.
Ghana must go bags exchanged
NLC reconsiders FG"s offer and calls of strike .

Rinse and Repeat.
It's a tried and tested formula that works brilliantly in Nigeria.

Do you know why ENDSARS was effective.
The people rose as one, no politicans, no NLC
It was powerful and loud. The government felt it. They quickly pushed NLC to join them and the movement died.

The only way to make this Govt listen is to reenact that ENDSARS spirit.. nothing less.. no NLC no TUC no trade union can do it. They're all political tools for the govt.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Dedeity: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Dittodat:
Lunatics
Amadioha kill you there werey
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Wisereborn: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2023
Obakoolex:

Chai you spoke well concerning the governors not been accountable and I believe that's the biggest problem of civil workers in Nigeria
But must Tinubu always find condemnation from your mouth in everything
If he is doing good things, my mouth will also say it. Many Nigerians will even sing his praises.

You don't expect us to praise mediocres, do you

You guys love traveling to Dubai and other places, right Is this how their citizens are treated

If he doesn't want to be criticized, he should resign!!! That is a public office, anyone sitting there and cannot know his left from his right will be criticized

They borrow billions of dollars that they cannot account for and Nigerians are the one paying and you think we don't have the right to scrutinize them

Dey play
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by Dittodat: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2023
Dedeity:
Amadioha kill you there werey
Amadioha kill you, your father and your unborn generations. Omo ale omo monkey.
Re: Labour Rejects Tinubu's N25,000 Provisional Wage Increment by lagosrd: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
I don't get something, how on earth will you accept a salary increment not by percentage. Hummmm what a huge joke of the century . Scammers everywhere. Just think about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Presents 2017 Budget To The National Assembly / Oke-ogun People Protest the Deplorable State Of Oyo-iseyin Road (pics) / FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.