Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action (36287 Views)

Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos) / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Thonyboy: 6:19am On Oct 02, 2023
The Organised Labour has agreed to suspend its planned nationwide indefinite strike.

According to AIT, the Labour bodies reached the agreement after a closed-door meeting with Federal Government officials at the Presidential Villa Abuja, on Sunday.

NLC President, Joe Ajaero, who was said to have addressed newsmen after the four-hour meeting, disclosed that the N25,000 announced by President Bola Tinubu in his Independence Day anniversary broadcast is now applicable across board and not only “low-grade workers”.

Leadership of the NLC and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, will meet with organs of workers’ unions across the country to announce a decision to suspend the planned nationwide indefinite strike.

The indefinite industrial action was scheduled to begin from midnight of Tuesday, October 3.

Meanwhile, the meeting between FG officials, led by the President’s Chief of Staff, Femi Gbajabiamila, will continue on Monday to further streamline issues surrounding fuel subsidy removal interventions.

https://.ng/2023/10/02/indefinite-strike-nlc-set-to-announce-suspension-of-indefinite-action/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Raskimonojendor: 6:27am On Oct 02, 2023
I wanted some time off work. This NLC is very unstable. They should go and meet Oshiomhole to teach them the tricks of the trade.

209 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by hisexcellency34: 6:28am On Oct 02, 2023
Political NLC...who takes them seriously again?

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Kumieh: 6:45am On Oct 02, 2023
I knew it

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by PrinceOfLagos: 6:47am On Oct 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Creamypie(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2023
N.l.c is worse than APC. E don tay I dey talk am say nlc are toothless and totally useless

100 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Ikaeniyan0: 6:55am On Oct 02, 2023
Obi supporters will cry because of this. strike would have only make things more hard.

38 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by princepeter566: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2023
NLC is fighting for their pocket. Nothing different from what tinubu announced and what made them to suspend the strike.
Fuel still same
Diesel same
Value of naira same
Poverty same
Insecurity same
Looting same
Cluelessness same
Useless NLC useless APC useless president

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by HenryWilliams(m): 7:08am On Oct 02, 2023
Were y'all expecting the strike to commence?
Don't y'all know NLC uses strike to cashout?
Haven't y'all goten the program?
NLC complains
FG ignores
NLC threatens strike
FG ignores
NLC mobilizes.
FG calls meeting
NLC ignores till last minute
FG negotiates half hearted.
Ghana must go bags exchanged
NLC reconsiders FG"s offer and calls of strike .

Rinse and Repeat.
It's a tried and tested formula that works brilliantly in Nigeria.

Do you know why ENDSARS was effective.
The people rose as one, no politicans, no NLC
It was powerful and loud. The government felt it. They quickly pushed NLC to join them and the movement died.

The only way to make this Govt listen is to reenact that ENDSARS spirit.. nothing less.. no NLC no TUC no trade union can do it. They're all political tools for the govt.

191 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Truths9ja: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2023
😂 they have been bribed again. A kg of gas ⛽️ now is 1k

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Alchemy528: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2023
The strike must hold

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2023
KillMNKnow:
Yoruba are happy
Igbos are sad
Northeners are observing
Welcome to Nigeria
Why are you minions so daft like this?
This person is sad and this person is happy.
Is the hardship restricted to any group?
Is the looting also restricted to any group?
Most Igbos are doing business including
the so called civil servants. While they prepare to go to their shops, you are hallucinating strike up and down.

Igbos are watching your useless government and the ding dang it's dancing and you say they are sad. Maga. Hope you have money to refill your gas. Hope you have money to pay at omo Igbo shop when you want to refill it?

We have seen how you people ignorantly accuse Igbos of adding money to their products when hardship bites you harder. Lol

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Femich18(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2023
Exchange of bags has taken place

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Judolisco(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2023
As usual.... NLC are d real problem of Nigerians... We must stop seeing them as representatives of the people... For how long will they continue to play dis script off

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by benuejosh: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2023
I said they will labour in vain.

Jagaban the master strategist!

I fear who no fear Bola Tinubu.

16 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by MrsTwrite(f): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2023
They have been bribed with small cash. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by NaijaCover(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2023
Is Still Shocked

4 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by SensualMan: 7:23am On Oct 02, 2023
Good! Yoruba people should stop begging me money in my mailbox.
To eat is a problem in yoruba land yet they keep supporting mediocre government just cos its my tribes man.

Happy ending to all yoruba fathers that found a new abode in the lagoon, the lagoon remains wide enough to accommodate more yoruba fathers.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Umueme: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Good. I really need to head to Gtb tomorrow and yell a piece of my mind at them
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by adioolayi(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Well....with the momentum the strike notice has generated, it would have had devastating effects on our fragile economy if allowed to go on..

I must commend the NLC and TUC leadership for this struggle...it wouldn't have been easy...

They technically forced the FGN hand....the President announced NGN 25,000 support to wages of low cadre FGN workers....NLC and TUC were able to force the hands of FGN to raise this to NGN 35,000 and also included everyone under FGN payroll...this is huge achievement in my own opinion. We can argue the amount is still small considering the social economic realities of Nigeria today...but it is something achieved by these pressure groups.

They also achieved Tax waivers on Diesel..that's also huge.

For me..it's a win-win situation for FGN and Labour unions.

My headache now is the fate of State Government workers and many of us working at private establishment...this struggle, as usual doesn't cover us..

State workers will have to start their own fight with their state governor.

No one will fight for private organisation workers. Our hope lies only on positive results of economic policies...FGN need to sit-up..we need to start seeing his positive results

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by iCauseTrouble: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2023
grin
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by AntiChristian: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Those who want to start another Endsars 2.0 won't be happy with this news!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by CooldipoMPS: 7:24am On Oct 02, 2023
cheesy
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by zoeymikey(f): 7:25am On Oct 02, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Maravilla: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2023
Nobody takes NLC serious anymore

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by ruffhandu: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2023
Mumu NLC. Making noise everywhere, no action.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by johnjose68: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2023
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2023/10/02/indefinite-strike-nlc-set-to-announce-suspension-of-indefinite-action/

Hahahah. I.pobs must be disappointed 😔

I will be here to observe the painment of the i.pobian flati.nos. grin grin like the one above grin

Please take sni.pers out of the way angry

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Olarewaju89: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2023
People died last night who had plans for today…  If u are alive thank God 🙏🏽

Morning y'all 🙌

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by checky619: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2023
Dem don collect Corn cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by olumaxi(m): 7:26am On Oct 02, 2023
This useless union cannot be taken serious again with dis joe as dia president
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:26am On Oct 02, 2023
Okay

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Militants Back Pro-biafra Agitators, Give FG June 3 Ultimatum: PUNCH / Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / PDP G5 Governors: What We Discussed With President Tinubu - Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.