Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action (36299 Views)

Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos) / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by oluwaseyi0: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Suspend strike that is yet to begin

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by McOluOmo: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2023
grin
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by kayusely70(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obi supporters will cry because of this. strike would have only make things more harder.
You've spoken very well and reasonably too!!!!!!!
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Oakenshield: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
I wanted some time off work. This NLC is very unstable. They should go and meet Oshiomhole to teach them the tricks of the trade.
oshiomhole is a rogue and he is the one playing politics dats making u to suffer
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Ororocelemi(m): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2023
Na my last month salary I still dey wait for
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by seunmsg(m): 7:28am On Oct 02, 2023
Good. Way to go. We say no to any strike at this point in time.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Oluwademilade: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2023
Nothing was offered to workers in the private sector and NLC wants to call off the strike. Are we not going to the same market?

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by oyeb15: 7:28am On Oct 02, 2023
Useless NLC. Pls where is dat Ajaero from and that black guy.

When Hausa man was NLC president, it was better than this fools headed by Ajaero.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by maasoap(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2023
Good one. Country is already hard
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by wunmi590(m): 7:29am On Oct 02, 2023

Why must it be only government workers that always benefit from every temporary increment?

What happened to the private workers? Do they think we don't suffer too?

We suffer more, because you don't have any excuse not to go to work or enter office late..

The best the NLC can do is to go on strike and instruct the federal government to register all Nigerians in a bank, where they will be paying individual like 10-15k monthly, to cushion the effect until they finally find a lasting solution...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Miracle2020: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2023
Fake news
Fake news
Fake news.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Chelseaferd: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2023
Very unserious and unstable organization
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by forgiveness: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2023
Since fg compromised to NLC. There is no basis for strike.

NLC wanted fg to increase the money above 25,000 naira. FG agreed and increased to 35,000 naira.

NLC wanted the money for all workers and not only low ranks, FG succumbed.

Which strike are you expecting again?

They asked for 6 months to formulate new salary structure, that will not result to inflation, provide affordable transportation etc.

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by oyeb15: 7:31am On Oct 02, 2023
Ajaero won as NLC president through rigging.

Wat did u expect!

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Miracle2020: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2023
As far as the implementation didn't start the strike will continue.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2023
Tinubu have learnt the hard way.. he would have sacked these people when he was lagos state governor.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by wondaboi94(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2023
HenryWilliams:
Were y'all expecting the strike to commence?
Don't y'all know NLC uses strike to cashout?
Haven't y'all goten the program?
NLC complains
FG ignores
NLC threatens strike
FG ignores
NLC mobilizes.
FG calls meeting
NLC ignores till last minute
FG negotiates half hearted.
Ghana must go bags exchanged
NLC reconsiders FG"s offer and calls of strike .

Rinse and Repeat.
It's a tried and tested formula that works brilliantly in Nigeria.

Do you know why ENDSARS was effective.
The people rose as one, no politicans, no NLC
It was powerful and loud. The government felt it. They quickly pushed NLC to join them and the movement died.

The only way to make this Govt listen is to reenact that ENDSARS spirit.. nothing less.. no NLC no TUC no trade union can do it. They're all political tools for the govt.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by sukar886: 7:36am On Oct 02, 2023
Usless labour congress
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by tydi(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2023
johnjose68:

Hahahah. I.pobs must be disappointed 😔

I will be here to observe the painment of the i.pobian flati.nos. grin grin like the one above grin

Please take sni.pers out of the way angry

Wait CSU dey open Ebola yansh today.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by johnjose68: 7:38am On Oct 02, 2023
forgiveness:
Since fg compromised to NLC. There is no basis for strike.

NLC wanted fg to increase the money above 25,000 naira. FG agreed and increased to 35,000 naira.

NLC wanted the money for all workers nit only low ranks, FG succumbed.

Which strike are you expecting again?

They ask for 6 months to formulate new salary structure, that will not result to inflation, provide affordable transportation etc.

The nzogbu...nzogbu people think going on strike will affect President Tinubu or the country negatively grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by copipow: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2023
The actions of NLC show it manipulated politically
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by ayo2008: 7:39am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obi supporters will cry because of this. strike would have only make things more harder.

See reasoning

SMH
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Godsonkemz(m): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2023
The present NLC is a toothless bulldog.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Treasure17(m): 7:40am On Oct 02, 2023
The people are never for once serious. Rubbish.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by cjudy(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
But you people said NLC is own by OBI na or Obi is their sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by okorogodwin4(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Na only obi supporters they buy fuel ode!
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by johnjose68: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2023
tydi:

Wait CSU dey open Ebola yansh today.

Remember 4+4=8

Tinubu is your president for the next 8years cheesy

Labouring in vain no dey tire you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by johnjose68: 7:42am On Oct 02, 2023
cjudy:

But you people said NLC is own by OBI na or Obi is their sponsor.

but the president gave both of them uppercut grin cheesy
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by just4kelvin(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2023
adioolayi:
Well....with the momentum the strike notice has generated, it would have had devastating effects on our fragile economy if allowed to go on..

I must commend the NLC and TUC leadership for this struggle...it wouldn't have been easy...

They technically forced the FGN hand....the President announced NGN 25,000 support to wages of low cadre FGN workers....NLC and TUC were able to force the hands of FGN to raise this to NGN 35,000 and also included everyone under FGN payroll...this is huge achievement in my own opinion. We can argue the amount is still small considering the social economic realities of Nigeria today...but it is something achieved by these pressure groups.

They also achieved Tax waivers on Diesel..that's also huge.

For me..it's a win-win situation for FGN and Labour unions.

My headache now is the fate of State Government workers and many of us working at private establishment...this struggle, as usual doesn't cover us..

State workers will have to start their own fight with their state governor.

No one will fight for private organisation workers. Our hope lies only on positive results of economic policies...FGN need to sit-up..we need to start seeing his positive results

You have said it all.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by CedarHoldings: 7:43am On Oct 02, 2023
adioolayi:
Well....with the momentum the strike notice has generated, it would have had devastating effects on our fragile economy if allowed to go on..

I must commend the NLC and TUC leadership for this struggle...it wouldn't have been easy...

They technically forced the FGN hand....the President announced NGN 25,000 support to wages of low cadre FGN workers....NLC and TUC were able to force the hands of FGN to raise this to NGN 35,000 and also included everyone under FGN payroll...this is huge achievement in my own opinion. We can argue the amount is still small considering the social economic realities of Nigeria today...but it is something achieved by these pressure groups.

They also achieved Tax waivers on Diesel..that's also huge.

For me..it's a win-win situation for FGN and Labour unions.

My headache now is the fate of State Government workers and many of us working at private establishment...this struggle, as usual doesn't cover us..

State workers will have to start their own fight with their state governor.

No one will fight for private organisation workers. Our hope lies only on positive results of economic policies...FGN need to sit-up..we need to start seeing his positive results
can you imagine, is state workers don't belong to NLC, they leave them at the mercy of their governors,some have not paid Sept salary now.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Padipadi(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2023
SensualMan:
Good! Yoruba people should stop begging me money in my mailbox.
To eat is a problem in yoruba land yet they keep supporting mediocre government just cos its my tribes man.

Happy ending to all yoruba fathers that found a new abode in the lagoon, the lagoon remains wide enough to accommodate more yoruba fathers.
Everyone is aware of rats like you instigating violence against Yorubas. All your statements points out it's only Yorubas supporting Tinubu. And you all say trash as if Tinubu never did anything good. You can team up with Hausa/Fulanis, Burkina Faso and Russia. To die de hungry you all. DSS meat!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

39 Senators Fail To Sponsor Bill In Six Months (names) / Scores Of Kidnapped Children Rescued From Underground Of Church In Ondo / Saraki, Emefiele, Abdulfatah Visit Tshonga Farms (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.