Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,914 members, 7,824,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action (36322 Views)

Planned strike: NLC, TUC leaders arrive State House / ASUU Strike: NLC Protests Rock States In Nigeria (Photos) / FG Used Twitter To Announce Suspension Of Twitter Operations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by TheClassic1(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2023
Creamypie:
N.l.c is worse than APC. E don tay I dey talk am say nlc are toothless and totally useless
What is paining u now enemy of progress.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Holaomoakin(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2023
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by TheClassic1(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2023
princepeter566:
NLC is fighting for their pocket. Nothing different from what tinubu announced and what made them to suspend the strike.
Fuel still same
Diesel same
Value of naira same
Poverty same
Insecurity same
Looting same
Cluelessness same
Useless NLC useless APC useless president
Why did u not including urself or av u forgotten that u are also useless nhi
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by obrian888: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2023
princepeter566:
NLC is fighting for their pocket. Nothing different from what tinubu announced and what made them to suspend the strike.
Fuel still same
Diesel same
Value of naira same
Poverty same
Insecurity same
Looting same
Cluelessness same

ON POINT SIR.

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by ruffDiamond: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2023
adioolayi:
Well....with the momentum the strike notice has generated, it would have had devastating effects on our fragile economy if allowed to go on..

I must commend the NLC and TUC leadership for this struggle...it wouldn't have been easy...

They technically forced the FGN hand....the President announced NGN 25,000 support to wages of low cadre FGN workers....NLC and TUC were able to force the hands of FGN to raise this to NGN 35,000 and also included everyone under FGN payroll...this is huge achievement in my own opinion. We can argue the amount is still small considering the social economic realities of Nigeria today...but it is something achieved by these pressure groups.

They also achieved Tax waivers on Diesel..that's also huge.

For me..it's a win-win situation for FGN and Labour unions.

My headache now is the fate of State Government workers and many of us working at private establishment...this struggle, as usual doesn't cover us..

State workers will have to start their own fight with their state governor.

No one will fight for private organisation workers. Our hope lies only on positive results of economic policies...FGN need to sit-up..we need to start seeing his positive results
you are not talking about artisans, petty traders, people who are not on salary work, whether public or private!these are in their millions!not to talk of people without Job at all!how will this cover us?wo, serious war is looming in this hellhole! Nigeria CANNOT survive this!mark my words!
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Cool83(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2023
SensualMan:
Good! Yoruba people should stop begging me money in my mailbox.
To eat is a problem in yoruba land yet they keep supporting mediocre government just cos its my tribes man.

Happy ending to all yoruba fathers that found a new abode in the lagoon, the lagoon remains wide enough to accommodate more yoruba fathers.

To eat is a problem in yoruba land, the same land your kinsmen are rushing to, due to your barren land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by TheClassic1(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Alchemy528:
The strike must hold
Make sure u include ur generation ooooo so that the strike go sweet.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by aremubabs: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2023
NLC fighting for their pocket.

They forget NLC represents the entire labour force of the country, and not just Federal Government employees.

Moreover, the fight is not for a useless increment. An increment of salary by 20% is not going to help any worker in a country with a rapidly increasing cost of living. What will an additional 20,000 naira do for a man with a jobless wife and three children in a country where a bag of rice is nearing 50k and cooking gas is 1000 naira per kg?
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by tahir01(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2023
After six months what next? Another strike?
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by famology(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2023
What were you expecting? Lol
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by AareGaa: 8:30am On Oct 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Why are you minions so daft like this?
This person is sad and this person is happy.
Is the hardship restricted to any group?
Is the looting also restricted to any group?
Most Igbos are doing business including
the so called civil servants. While they prepare to go to their shops, you are hallucinating strike up and down.

Igbos are watching your useless government and the ding dang it's dancing and you say they are sad. Maga. Hope you have money to refill your gas. Hope you have money to pay at omo Igbo shop when you want to refill it?

We have seen how you people ignorantly accuse Igbos of adding money to their products when hardship bites you harder. Lol

Stop consoling yourselves.

Ibos are truly sad.
They will remain sad for 8 years of Jagaban reign.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by livenija: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obi supporters will cry because of this. strike would have only make things more harder.
if only we can rid ur illiterate type off this planet
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by johnjose68: 8:35am On Oct 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Why are you minions so daft like this?
This person is sad and this person is happy.
Is the hardship restricted to any group?
Is the looting also restricted to any group?
Most Igbos are doing business including
the so called civil servants. While they prepare to go to their shops, you are hallucinating strike up and down.

Igbos are watching your useless government and the ding dang it's dancing and you say they are sad. Maga. Hope you have money to refill your gas. Hope you have money to pay at omo Igbo shop when you want to refill it?

We have seen how you people ignorantly accuse Igbos of adding money to their products when hardship bites you harder. Lol

This line of thinking about I.gbos business this and that is stale.

One of the most impoverished region in Nigeria is the yeast. That's why your people flock to other peaceful regions to do your business, after you have destroyed your region with UGM and i.pob terrorists.

You can never exists nor survive without other region, especially the south west.

Even most of your businesses are fraudulent: drug business, baby factory, Galla selling, Terrorism, kidnapping, fake products.

It's very hard to see a flati.nos doing legitimate business and still they come online to chestbeat that they are doing business. Which business

Even other countries like US and UK know the tribe involved in shady, illegal and fraudulent business.

Every other regions are involved in legitimate business without shouting about it, also banking, IT, medicine, pharmaceutical, academics, engineering, trade and exchange, etc.

If you ask them what specific business they do, their response will be: we do business grin

I remember a flati.no guy who was my neighbor sometimes ago. Everyone thought he was selling electrical products and was doing well. Until he was caught one day stealing metres and cables to resell. That's the kind of business they do angry

Most railway tracks have been dismantled and stolen by them. That's their business.

Go to computer village, they can sell the same phone to 10 people without shame. That's the business they do

Fake products everywhere

So when you recycle the same story and lie of I.gbos business, always think twice before you spit the rubb.ish again grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Creamypie(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2023
TheClassic1:
What is paining u now enemy of progress.
you are the enemy of progress, and its not going to just affect u alone, but ur next 4 generations, because of a plate of porridge served to you that will be digested within 2 - 4 hours. With 400% increase in inflation since APC came on board, with no corresponding value increase in naira, u still open gutter mouth dey talk. Pls get of my mention
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Ambber(f): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2023
All bark, zero bite. Business as usual
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by MrSly(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2023
adioolayi:
Well....with the momentum the strike notice has generated, it would have had devastating effects on our fragile economy if allowed to go on..

I must commend the NLC and TUC leadership for this struggle...it wouldn't have been easy...

They technically forced the FGN hand....the President announced NGN 25,000 support to wages of low cadre FGN workers....NLC and TUC were able to force the hands of FGN to raise this to NGN 35,000 and also included everyone under FGN payroll...this is huge achievement in my own opinion. We can argue the amount is still small considering the social economic realities of Nigeria today...but it is something achieved by these pressure groups.

My headache now is the fate of State Government workers and many of us working at private establishment...this struggle, as usual doesn't cover us..

No one will fight for private organisation workers. Our hope lies only on positive results of economic policies...FGN need to sit-up..we need to start seeing his positive results

Struggle without result. Because FB will add 25k across board for labour unions other Nigerians should go to hell. Fruitless journey it is still.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Barcalee: 8:46am On Oct 02, 2023
This is not a surprise....horse in the book
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by orikoku: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2023
I talk am.
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Zacks43: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2023
favelli:

When you say everyone under the Federal government's payroll, does that includes the NYSC

Yes na. NYSC is under FG
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by osazsky(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2023
adioolayi:

oga it's 25000 not 35000
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by newnigerdelta00: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2023
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2023/10/02/indefinite-strike-nlc-set-to-announce-suspension-of-indefinite-action/

The only people that wants the strike to hold is PETER HOEBEE ,and his supporters but GOD pass them
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Ikaeniyan0: 9:08am On Oct 02, 2023
livenija:
if only we can rid ur illiterate type off this planet
Can you explain how striking will make inflation and cost of living fall?
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by KingLennon(m): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2023
princepeter566:
Fuel still same
Diesel same
Value of naira same
Poverty same
Insecurity same
Looting same
Cluelessness same
Bros, save your strength for important things. Our country with this government is a disaster sad
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Alanchewo: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2023
I hope they will add dat 35k to the delayed salary of September
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by NairaMaster1(m): 9:11am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obi supporters will cry because of this. strike would have only make things more harder.

There's nothing like more harder bro.

Meanwhile, it's not only Obi supporters that are suffering. The real suffering is being experienced by APC supporters. Especially in the North and Lagos
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by oonyeoma50: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Tinubu is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria, he is a god sent.
We the good people of Nigeria urge Tinubu to increase the volume of whatever he is doing to Nigerians, we love it, don't listen to anybody.

Tinubu is a master strategist.

God bless president Tinubu,
God bless federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by thomasjoe(m): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
But you said NLC is following Obi supporters to make things difficult in another thread ...try to be consistent...pls
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by zhirkovrado(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2023
Because of 25k increment??
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Ikaeniyan0: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2023
NairaMaster1:

There's nothing like more harder bro.

Meanwhile, it's not only Obi supporters that are suffering. The real suffering is being experienced by APC supporters. Especially in the North and Lagos
If people are suffering in Lagos, I don't want to imagine how the suffering will look like in states like Enugu and Ebonyi.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by soccerlite: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2023
This nlc have turn dis their frequent uncertainty to a epidemic

Shame
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Mamci: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2023
I said it
Hahaha
Re: Indefinite Strike: NLC Set To Announce Suspension Of Indefinite Action by Blazebond(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2023
HenryWilliams:
Were y'all expecting the strike to commence?
Don't y'all know NLC uses strike to cashout?
Haven't y'all goten the program?
NLC complains
FG ignores
NLC threatens strike
FG ignores
NLC mobilizes.
FG calls meeting
NLC ignores till last minute
FG negotiates half hearted.
Ghana must go bags exchanged
NLC reconsiders FG"s offer and calls of strike .

Rinse and Repeat.
It's a tried and tested formula that works brilliantly in Nigeria.

Do you know why ENDSARS was effective.
The people rose as one, no politicans, no NLC
It was powerful and loud. The government felt it. They quickly pushed NLC to join them and the movement died.

The only way to make this Govt listen is to reenact that ENDSARS spirit.. nothing less.. no NLC no TUC no trade union can do it. They're all political tools for the govt.

Are you a child? There is nothing political about the strike and it has never ever been political,stop letting instigators to deceive you,strikes are called by labour unions when government refuses to adhere to certain agreements them and as for this case, certain agreements where reached between labour and government about 3 months ago but the government have failed to conclude and confirm said agreements so that is why this strike is being called.
Some of you just type without thinking or reasoning what you are typing about,you say you want endsars type of rioting and looting,what for? Are you a thief? Or a murderer?you think the NLC are going to allow miscreants to take over their protests? Stop being angry at everything Nigeria because it will only give you migraine and that migraine will kill you,be positive and cool minded,strikes are for negotiation,not for rioting and looting,know this and know peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari's Convoy & Crowd In Kaduna (Photos) / Mama Peace Rice: Eat And Experience Peace In Your Life [pictures] / EFCC Seizes George Turnah's Houses And Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.