Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,389 members, 7,846,638 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru (9523 Views)

Stop This Adamawa Show Of Shame, PDP Govs Tell INEC / Jubilation In Ede After Senator Adeleke's Victory At The Tribunal (Photos) / We Can’t Afford To Pay N30,00 Minimum Wage, Govs Tell NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 10:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Wujio:

Compete against other igbo men na. Are other igbo men stopping Ebonyi men from comoeting for girls. Loser grin
I can comfortably compete with any man. The issue is the stereotype your people has put on Abakaliki people making your girls choose not to marry even the wealthy ones, and opt to remain single in 30s than do that. Joke is on your women, na them age dey catch up with.

How can you choose an average Anambra man than a rich Abakaliki man ? Stereotype ? People of my mama said I shouldn’t marry Abakaliki man even if he’s rich. Stereotype !

Abeg get lost. By time we are done paining back Anambra people for all they had done. We will go the Ikwerre way and move for Indiginization of Ebonyi state as a tribe in National Assembly since we are not called Igbo.

We must go the Ikwerre way.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by BoldBrainz(m): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
This insecure man is thanking a Cross Riverian that kills his people because of land. We all know the jist. You can continue deceiving yourself.

Communal clashes over fringe land boundaries are everywhere in Nigeria. And we've always found ways to settle ours with the Ebonyi people. Don't come here to gaslight others to reactions with stupid claims!

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Wujio: 10:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Anuofia. If you’re not concerned about Ebonyi state why wasting your time on this thread?

You must be related to Okadigbo to be this pained.

Ebony state Government will not rescind in its decision. Get used to it. I suggest you move on.

Take Phensic for your aching

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
This insecure man is thanking a Cross Riverian that kills his people because of land. We all know the jist. You can continue deceiving yourself.
Joke is on you. Chuba Okadigbo airport renaming paperworks is in finalisation phase.

After all you all insulted and rejected the airport claiming it shouldn’t be built.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Wujio: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

I can comfortably compete with any man. The issue is the stereotype your people has put on Abakaliki people making your girls choose not to marry even the wealthy ones, and opt to remain single in 30s than do that. Joke is on your women, na them age dey catch up with.

How can you choose an average Anambra man than a rich Abakaliki man ? Stereotype ? People of my mama said I shouldn’t marry Abakaliki man even if he’s rich. Stereotype !

Abeg get lost. By time we are done paining back Anambra people for all they had done. We will go the Ikwerre way and move for Indiginization of Ebonyi state as a tribe in National Assembly since we are not called Igbo.

Stale. Yawns

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Malroux: 10:43am On Oct 02, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Communal clashes over fringe land boundaries are everywhere in Nigeria. And we've always found ways to settle ours with the Ebonyi people. Don't come here to gaslight others to reactions with stupid claims!
Next time you fight with Ebonyi people try to cut off ebubu's flat head. It is of no use to him.

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Malroux: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
Joke is on you. Chuba Okadigbo airport renaming paperworks is in finalisation phase.

After all you all insulted and rejected the airport claiming it shouldn’t be built.
You can even change Ebonyi from the east to the far north. How does that give me food or will it stop Ebonyi people from being menial workers to other Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 10:47am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
You can even change Ebonyi from the east to the far north. How does that give me food or will it stop Ebonyi people from being menial workers to other Igbos.

Good. So get off this page and stop being here since it doesn’t concern you.

And for your information Ebonyi people will never be menial workers to other Igbos for a longtime. The next generation Ebonyi people will be teaching your own children at school as this generation are largely accepting school.

May God give you long life to see it, Malroux.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 10:50am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
Next time you fight with Ebonyi people try to cut off ebubu's flat head. It is of no use to him.
Joke is on you. We are more brothers with Cross River people than with Anambra people.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Malroux: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

I'm here to laugh at your foolishness of hating other Igbos in place of a Cross Riverian who beheads your people every year in land dispute. That guy you are thanking will cut off your flat head in next land dispute fight. Mark my word.

7 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by BoldBrainz(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:

Next time we fight with Ebonyi people, we'll settle over beer and Ebubu will certainly host me to that effect.

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Malroux: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Next time we fight with Ebonyi people, we'll settle over beer and Ebubu will certainly host me to that effect.
Yes he will host you with his head on the gallows. It won't be longer than next month.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Malroux: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
Joke is on you. We are more brothers with Cross River people than with Anambra people.
Who cares. You can even be brother with their ancestors but it won't change the profile of Ebonyi people in everything.

2 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
Who cares. You can even be brother with their ancestors but it won't change the profile of Ebonyi people in everything.
Fine, so get lost stranger.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2023
Malroux:
I'm here to laugh at your foolishness of hating other Igbos in place of a Cross Riverian who beheads your people every year in land dispute. That guy you are thanking will cut off your flat head in next land dispute fight. Mark my word.
So will you be a victim in Aguleri versus Umuleri war in same Anambra State.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Why will our brothers be insulting our newly built international airport? Did we steal their money to build it? Did we insult their Anambra airport or Enugu airport or imo airport when it was built?
I don't think Anambra care if the airport is name after Okadigbo, tomorrow Ebonyi government will still come and ask Anambra airline owners to use the airport, the should make the airport to function first

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
Yoruba man, I don't care how Ebonyi people feel about Anambra people, but the time you're wasting fooling yourself online should be dedicated to something useful

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ebubu: 11:13am On Oct 02, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Well, you can't blame them. Soludo took the cold war to a whole new dimension by classifying criminals caught in Anambra by their state of origin.

However, I don't think anybody renamed "Abakiliki Street" in Awka. E still dey very popular even now..
It was renamed officially. The Abakaliki name just stuck because transport men are more used to it.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Can you mention one Yoruba man, northerner or other region that own single investment in Ebonyi state The two biggest stores in Ebonyi state today Everyday supermarket and Roban Stores are own by Anambra people

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
It was renamed officially. The Abakaliki name just stuck because transport men are more used to it.
And you think Anambra care about renaming non functioning airport

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:16am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
Please who name the airport after Chuba Okadigbo

2 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Bestmanfornow: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2023
Only an idiot will engage in a war with someone far stronger than you in all ramifications, when you humble you benefit, those you're licking their a..SS are not ready to invest in your state, they're even looking for Anambra people to invest in their states, Anambra control the highest numbers of indigenous investors in Nigeria and you think you can flex muscle with them

5 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

And for your information Ebonyi people will never be menial workers to other Igbos for a longtime. The next generation Ebonyi people will be teaching your own children at school as this generation are largely accepting school.

May God give you long life to see it, Malroux.

Ebonyi people are illiterates and miscreants. Ebonyi will continue to be almajiris in igboland

5 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Ebonyi amusement park airport is named after Okadigbo because Buhari knew that ebonyi people are slaves to Anambra people

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Jcoleworld911: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:
The first and second civilian Governors of Ebonyi State, Chief Martin Elechi and Senator Sam Egwu, have expressed dissatisfaction over the renaming of Ebonyi Airport from Muhammadu Buhari to Chuba Okadigbo Airport.

According to them, Okadigbo never contributed to solving the problems of the Ebonyi people.

Chief Elechi stated this during the epoch-making occasion of the celebration of Nigeria’s 63rd Independence Anniversary and the 27th Anniversary of the Creation of the State.

According to Elechi, who spoke on behalf of the founding fathers, Buhari assisted them during the problems and provided security during the struggle for the creation of the state.

He, however, called on the federal government to rename the airport after the late Senator Offia Nwali, an Ebonyian and the first black man to obtain a PhD in Computer and Analytical Studies from the United States of America.

“Ebonyi people are not happy to hear our new airport being called Chuba Okadigbo Airport. Chuba Okadigbo is a great Nigerian, but he is not known in Ebonyi State, and neither will Ebonyi people say this is what he did for them.”

“When I was Secretary of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN), Okadigbo was vying for the Senate. We were friendly. All I remember is that he used to visit me at 5 Igboeze Street, Enugu, and we would sit over a bottle of brandy until the bottle was empty.”

“We didn’t talk about Ebonyi people, their problems, or their solutions. Understandably, General Muhammadu Buhari knew our problems.”

“When he was the Brigade Major in Abakaliki, he gave us the pass that enabled us to go to Ogoja to plead our case. He assisted us to an extent with security personnel over what we were doing to create Ebonyi State.”

“We love him, and it was proper to name the airport after him. But since he didn’t accept it, we think the airport should be named after someone else.

“That airport is less than 10 km to the primary school where Offia Nwali made his marks as a student; that airport is less than 10 km to the road and the house of Dr Offia Nwali.”

“We think it will be more appropriate to name the airport after him, and that is the request I am making on behalf of the founding fathers and the people of the Ebonyi central zone,” he said.”

On his part, Dr Sam Egwu, who condemned the renaming of Abakaliki Street in Anambra State, urged Governor Nwifuru to rename Awka Street in Abakaliki.

Meanwhile, Hon. Chinedu Ogah, the Member Representing Ikwo/Ezza South Federal Constituency at the National Assembly, assured the Ex-Governors and founding fathers of sponsoring a bill with the support of the National Assembly to ensure that the airport is named after the late Senator Offia Nwali.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/name-airport-after-offia-wali-ex-govs-tell-nwifuru/

Is it the same airport?🫤

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Lol

How can an almajiris pay his master ?

Ebonyi people are slaves to Anambra people. You people will continue to be slaves. No wonder most ebonyi people are living in Anambra.

Bunch of illiterates and miscreants

Ebubu:

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2023
Imo state is the problem of igboland. Imo state is cursed and you people are the problem of igbos. Anambra is the most developed and most important state that produced the best human capitals and also harboured millions of imo indigenes that migrated to Anambra for greener pasture. Your envy and bitterness towards Anambra will continue to fail you. Anambra is the first born of igboland. Cry more

Abagworo:

Anambra people are the problem of Igboland. Ebonyi has no problem with Imo and Abia till date and nobody knows of any difference till date. In fact when Afikpo division was under Imo and Abia nobody noticed any difference and they produced the first Abia Governor. Anambra State needs to revisit their wrong perception of other Igbos based on artificial boundary created first by Colonial masters and further divided by Nigerian Governments. Every part of Igboland is gifted in one thing or the other.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2023
Solsix:

Nobody is oppressing any Ebonyi, rather they feel oppress or can you give me instance where other Igbo states have oppressed ebonyians?

Ebonyi people chose to illiterates and almajiris and slaves in igboland. So who do they want to blame

1 Like

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
Only an idiot will engage in a war with someone far stronger than you in all ramifications, when you humble you benefit, those you're licking their a..SS are not ready to invest in your state, they're even looking for Anambra people to invest in their states, Anambra control the highest numbers of indigenous investors in Nigeria and you think you can flex muscle with them

Ebonyi people are illiterates and miscreants, how do you expect them to know this

3 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by Ewedegubbler: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Why will our brothers be insulting our newly built international airport? Did we steal their money to build it? Did we insult their Anambra airport or Enugu airport or imo airport when it was built?

una forget say na Anambra money wey dem take make Umahi governor. ndi mgbu.
Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by FOXDOSSIER: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebonyi amusement park airport is just useless and hasn’t worked since it was commissioned because it is non viable . They are waiting for Anambra man to bring his aeroplane to land there. Useless people. Bunch of slaves

2 Likes

Re: Name Ebonyi Airport after Senator Offia Wali, Ebonyi ex-Govs tell Nwifuru by DrAkpamudehe: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2023
Ebubu:

Calling a people Fulani of the South East and calling them primitive is not marginalization ?

Calling them backward and calling them Osu or slave is not marginalization ?

Not building roads and schools and hospitals in Abakaliki province during its stay under East Central Government is not marginalization ?

Abakaliki province was called dust of the nation until the state was created and named salt of the nation.

Dust of the nation was because dust were everywhere due to absolutely non-tarred road.

Guinea worm and cholera plaqued people of that region when they were under Anambra and Enugu states because of your inability to provide them basic infrastructure and you don’t call that marginalization ?

If it was Nigeria doing same to you, you’d scream Biafra or death ! But you do it to Abakaliki people ?

Renaming of Abakaliki street in Awka because it was booming, to another name is not marginalization ?

Igbo dominated markets in Lagos giving turns to Igbo people of other states minus Ebonyi, to rule as President of the market premises, is not marginalization ?

Lolz

Thank Goodness Nigeria is doing to SE people what they constantly keep doing to us.

Our God is not dead. Our oppressors are oppressed and it is a delight.

This afikpo boy is in serious pains. Ebonyi people would always be referred to as the dregs of the igbo tribe. If you like wail from now till Jesus comes grin grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Fresh Move To Create Grazing Routes / Nigerian Man Reunites With Family After 3 Years Of Separation Due Lake Chad Cri / Igbos In Taraba Petition Ohanaeze Over Attack By Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.