Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! (17006 Views)

Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by moHot(f): 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
While people are celebrating the demise of Col.
Moammar Ghadafi, I choose to be sober
because another African country has just
fallen into the hands of the imperialist! He
, might hv gone. But he fought imperialism
even to his last second on earth. The
imperialist have seen free oil to exploit. They
could hide under the clog of democracy to
extend capitalism reign of loot to where it
was vehemently resisted. I weep for Africa!

3 Likes

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nayah(f): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
Seconded!! we always know what we lose, but we don't know what we gain! this country will probably be a mess right after
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
Please go get for yourselves lives. The people he ruled over for 42 years are not complaining . . . na you go come matter?? Abeg shove it and look for the day you can become master of your own domain there for naija first. grin grin grin
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nayah(f): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2011
^^^this is not just about just KHADDAFI but the symbol of his death, just try to think deeper then you'll understand

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2011
@Poster  grin  grin like Nigeria is regretting what she did to Abacha  grin now we have at least 300 Abachas for each of the 35 states in Nigeria - how ironic
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by moHot(f): 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please go get for yourselves lives. The people he ruled over for 42 years are not complaining . . . na you go come matter?? Abeg shove it and look for the day you can become master of your own domain there for naija first. grin grin grin

thanks for your comment , but i appreciate people who contribute intelligently to a post without been insultive, so sad its so hard to find on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Everfrank(m): 11:37pm On Oct 20, 2011
Gaddafi remains my hero even in death. Gaddafi personifies African and Arab nationalism. Rest in peace, my hero.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by moHot(f): 7:11am On Oct 21, 2011
until we africans stay united, i repeat ;white will always be golden
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by emofine(f): 7:29am On Oct 21, 2011
I do not really have high hopes for Libya because I question if "new found democracy" is birthed by the barrel of a gun and I feel they will become slightly dependent on the West as they received some backing/support by them. Their next leader will be someone that the West is likely to favour.

I think ultimately the West is the winner in this circumstance not the Libyan people.

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by segebaba2(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2011
i totally support dat ghadaffi was not dat bad.come to think of it,the GDP and percapita incme of libyans was up in his
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by yoji: 8:30am On Oct 21, 2011
guys sorry to burst ur bubble bur gaddafi had it coming. firstly he toppled a government so stop givin d impression dat his pple put him there. now he ruled for 42yrs, probably hopin to die there and then allowing saif his son to take over and rule till death too!! haba
for most of u dat admire his anti western stance, sorry to say but 2 overstayd his welcome. if he was wise, he wud have eased himself out of d scene and installed a sham democracy. dat way he wud hav preservd his legacy and remained relevant.
and about this propadanda of d west coming for thia oil, is it free of charge or dont they pay for iit anymore?
its so convinient to blame d west for all our problems
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by texazzpete(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2011
Nayah:

^^^this is not just about just KHADDAFI but the symbol of his death, just try to think deeper then you'll understand
Nayah:

Seconded!! we always know what we lose, but we don't know what we gain! this country will probably be a mess right after

Libyans have just gained freedom.

If it was just CNN and BBC showing videos of tens of thousands of ordinary Libyans jubilating, you dolts would have had an excuse. Even Al Jazeera and other Arab TV channels show the same footage. Libyans are genuinely happy to see this tyrant and despot gone. Why do you louts think you know more than the people of Libya?

sege baba:

i totally support dat ghadaffi was not dat bad.come to think of it,the GDP and percapita incme of libyans was up in his

How won't these indices be up when the nation was exporting a crapload of oil daily and had only 6 million mouths to feed? Even YOU would have been hard pressed to run Libya without the people seeing some of the oil proceeds. This is in stark contrast to Nigeria where we have 150+ million mouths to feed.

Libyans will not miss the era when stormtroopers could kick down the door, yank away their daddies and bury them in shallow graves with impunity. They will be pleased to have the power to select their own leaders. And they will continue to enjoy all these benefits of the oil because - as i'm tired of explaining to you simpletons - their country sells 1.5 m barrels of oil daily and has a population of only 6 million!

I only wish you cowards had the sense and the balls to be as passionate about rapes in Congo, suffering in Zimbabwe and genocide in Darfur. You people don't care about Africa, stop pretending. You're just a bunch of teenagers who scoff down anything they read on conspiracy theorist websites.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by hakanai(m): 8:58am On Oct 21, 2011
As we all can see even the vultures are on que to leach on to the oil money with US claiming she spent 2billion dollars to fund NATo in the quest to remove Ghaddafi.Na wa for this world.I thought they did it out real love for democracy and the libyan people.LAst i was hearing to,they asked if it will not be a problem that Islamic extremist would hijack the country?The same west is saying that is not suppose to matter.
Out rightly Europe,USA and China/Russia are already discussing there interest in the country and not the true recouncillation of the libyan people.Now that Ghaddafi is out,sooner than later it would be another person ,likely the west that most go.That i am sure.So the west would have started ensuring here dominance to allow her stay until monies which were not billed to libyans are paid.How do we really acertain what the US case,If 2Billion was truly spent on libya.Record has shown that Katrina, Iraq and Afghanistan had being serious areas of corruption for the american elites in the name of wars and relief. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
The west ,especial Europe has found another domain to loot in the name of democracy and justice to the people.Europe in particular because we all know the story e no better for them this few days and China is waxing hard. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by emofine(f): 9:02am On Oct 21, 2011
yoji:

guys sorry to burst your bubble bur gaddafi had it coming. firstly he toppled a government so stop givin d impression dat his pple put him there. now he ruled for 42yrs, probably hopin to die there and then allowing saif his son to take over and rule till death too!! haba
for most of u dat admire his anti western stance, sorry to say but 2  overstayd his welcome. if he was wise, he wud have eased himself out of d scene and installed a sham democracy. dat way he wud hav preservd his legacy and remained relevant.
and about this propadanda of d west coming for thia oil, is it free of charge or dont they pay for iit anymore?

I agreed with everything you wrote save your last couple of lines.

Do you think they are paying for Iraq's oil that they are milking?

I am not one of those who harbours a grudge or irrational hate against the West. When the West's usual patterns is outlined by someone - it is not necessarily born out of hate. I am being cynical to tell you the truth. The West are not a sincere or neutral spectator in all of this and their hypocrisy stinks. When the same group of people gallivant around reiterating "democracy" "transparency" "freedom" and other political vocabulary of course they will pass under rigorous inspection.
They were pallying with this " deluded dictator" not so long ago and when they fell out with Ghadaffi he automatically became a hindrance to democracy. Did they forget whilst they were shaking this "Mad man's" hands in those boardroom meetings and greasing their elbows that he was the "the World's longest serving dictator"
I know Ghadaffi was no angel but why the sudden change in goal posts. . . oh let me guess na oil. Look at how Ghadaffi shut them out or manipulated them with what they were salivating over. I do not blame the West for our problems but like professional predators they certainly take advantage of them.
They scurrying to congratulate Libya on their "new found democracy" could simply be translated as "sweet crude here we come". . . they don't pull the wool over my eyes I'm afraid.

I am no Ghadaffi apologist but no one should be riding on their high horse here. This man's reign would have been longer if he had complied with the West. . . .*hint* *hint* Omar bongo *cough*

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by hakanai(m): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2011
^^^^^couldn't have said it any better.Do you know that the countries that fought are already talking refunds,as if anybody asked them or signed for the monies and accounted for same.We see the corruption in this countries and the fact that its about oil.The west seriously maintains a double standard and would do anything for energy and money. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by TBrownAuto(m): 9:13am On Oct 21, 2011
R . I . P Gaddfi I Will Miss You Forever More A.K.A King of Kings

His killing is the end of those five great men you work so hard to form an United Africa which will boost african Economy and currency, making us Prince and Princess making the West Economic Slave rather we were brainwash making us to understand that all man as a price and Demon Stration Of Crazy his the way of life

Will PAN AFRICAN plan fade away or will be our Mandate African Union dont let african down they can't be our master for life neither will we be there slave ever.

To those critics I know you have your reson to dislike Gaddaf but take time to make your finding on what happen to those president who want to form PAN AFRICA and their motive, I believe in greatness we shall overcome
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2011
Libya is now getting better than what Gaddafi left. freedom, democrazy, economic stabiliy and more. Libya is better than the UK. NTC una weldone

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 21, 2011
I agree with OP.

People rejoicing over the murder of a legitimate ruler of an independent country. Where will this end.

And the media have expertly hidden the massacres that occurred in Sirte  , where women and children met their premature and violent end. What about the torture and massacre of African blacks .

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2011
Libya is now getting better than what Gaddafi left. freedom, democrazy, economic stabiliy and more. Libya is better than the UK. NTC una weldone

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by rgp922: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2011
Lets be real guys. Ghadafi is arab and they hate black people. Libya will suffer now. Good thing for us Black Africans.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Abiboy09: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2011
Muammar Gaddafi: The Unforgotten Hero. Read About him here,
http://www.informativeonline/2011/10/muammar-gaddafi-unforgotten-hero.html
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 21, 2011
moHot:

thanks for your comment , but i appreciate people who contribute intelligently to a post without been insultive, so sad its so hard to find on nairaland.

How was he insultive He spoke the truth, and gave the best response and you are Barking, Well am been insultive now, cuz i want you to know wot an insult is, You babes need to learn d meaning of insults. Nonsense!!!

There is actually no english word as insultive, Its insulting or been rude!!! Thanks
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by lucabrasi(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2011
yoji:

guys sorry to burst your bubble bur gaddafi had it coming. firstly he toppled a government so stop givin d impression dat his pple put him there. now he ruled for 42yrs, probably hopin to die there and then allowing saif his son to take over and rule till death too!! haba
for most of u dat admire his anti western stance, sorry to say but 2  overstayd his welcome. if he was wise, he wud have eased himself out of d scene and installed a sham democracy. dat way he wud hav preservd his legacy and remained relevant.
totally agree with this comment,after the whole euphoria has died down i honestly and earnestly believe it will dawn on the libyans that in a quest to wrest power from one dictator they have unknowingly foisted not one but a group of imperialists on their country.people paint the man as a corrupt dictator but from what i have heard from people who have been to the country he made sure he fed,clothed every single libyan apart from this the average libyan could choose not to work and be given welfare benefits by the government.
the man was truly passionate about african unity and tried his best in order to counter western erosion.

the western media highlight the kind of life his children were living but let us ask them how come tony blair's children acquired a luxury flat in a posh part of london at the age of less than 25 yrs while his parents were in government,same for all the other hypocrites.

under the man,the country at least felt the impact of their oil,and they were masters of their own destiny,now the same scenario like that of iraq will begin to happen

1.america,uk and the others first priority is the oil so once this is secured they back up from building the country under the guise of giving them autonomy then different factional leaders will start to emerge we will begin to witness suicide bombings and al qaeda will use this opportunity to penetrate and radicalise an esthwhile moderate country. the most annoying is that the contract for the re building of the country will not be given to libyans who are qualified but american first and then british and other eu contractors they will just give them a cash advance against their oil and that will be that.

out of the money given,they will use western financial advisers who will take a chunk of the money as consultancy fees,their own banks where the money will be in escrow prior to disbursement will take a chunk
in y opinion rather than rejoicing like the african media are doing,this should be a moment for sober reflection

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by lucabrasi(m): 9:30am On Oct 21, 2011
rgp922:

Lets be real guys. Ghadafi is arab and they hate black people. Libya will suffer now. Good thing for us Black Africans.
really?they hate black people yet he gave jobs to your own graduates and sanctuary to the thousands of nigerians who flock to his country.pls name one country that won't react the way libyans have reacted to their country being over run by migrants
is south africa not black like us,yet they were murdering their fellow black people
are the hausas not part of nigeria?
what of the situation in jos with people from same areas murdering each other, kaduna e.t.c pls be objective
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by VUVUZELA10: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2011
@ moHot and haka nai
Thanks for your intelligent contribution. Libyans will regret 20102011. That is day the vultures finally settled in Libya. Yesterday, they are celebrated the fall of Gaddafi but ten to twenty years to come they will regret their actions. They just murdered peace and economic prosperity.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by Ayowumie(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2011
aze:

I bet to disagree with you. The future of Libya is bleak. Even though Libya has gained freedom from "one man rule", the nation has entered into bondage. The oil which it so much cherish will become its undoing. Foreign oil companies that were hitherto not welcomed in Libya will now enter, all in the name of free trade and capitalism. I weep for Libya. Even though they have democracy, they can never have economic stability. Chevron, Shell, BP will flood Libya in no time. Before you know it. all nationalised oil companies will go into private hands then the beginning of suffering starts for the masses.

All the same, I congratulate them for their freedom. Its actually not easy to have been ruled by one man for four decades. I only blame Gaddafi for one thing "sit-tight rule" of his.

HE FOUGHT IMPERIALISM IN HIS COUNTRY TO A STAND STILL. LIBYA WAS SAFER AND RELATIVELY PROSPEROUS UNDER GADDAFI.

haka_nai:

^^^^^.We see the corruption in this countries and the fact that its about oil.The west seriously maintains a double standard and would do anything for energy and money. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is the reason I say the future is bleak for Libya.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by hbrednic: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2011
sad for lybia and africa in general,
a true pan african is gone.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by femmy2010(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2011
Libya is not his own personal property now.
42 years is a long time.
He should have stepped honorable and probably just go on exile on a country not Libya friendly.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by 9ja4eva: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2011
Ayowumie:

I bet to disagree with you. The future of Libya is bleak. Even though Libya has gained freedom from "one man rule", the nation has entered into bondage. The oil which it so much cherish will become its undoing. Foreign oil companies that were hitherto not welcomed in Libya will now enter, all in the name of free trade and capitalism. I weep for Libya. Even though they have democracy, they can never have economic stability. Chevron, Shell, BP will flood Libya in no time. Before you know it. all nationalised oil companies will go into private hands then the beginning of suffering starts for the masses.

All the same, I congratulate them for their freedom. Its actually not easy to have been ruled by one man for four decades. I only blame Gaddafi for one thing "sit-tight rule" of his.

HE FOUGHT IMPERIALISM IN HIS COUNTRY TO A STAND STILL. LIBYA WAS SAFER AND RELATIVELY PROSPEROUS UNDER GADDAFI.
This is the reason I say the future is bleak for Libya.

Seconded.It is so sad and i weep for them.
Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by harakiri(m): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2011
emofine:

I agreed with everything you wrote save your last couple of lines.

Do you think they are paying for Iraq's oil that they are milking?

I am not one of those who harbour's a grudge or irrational hate against the West. When the West's usual patterns is outlined by someone - it is not necessarily born out of hate. I am being cynical to tell you the truth. The West are not a sincere or neutral spectator in all of this and their hypocrisy stinks. When the same group of people gallivant around reiterating "democracy" "transparency" "freedom" and other political vocabulary of course they will pass under rigorous inspection.
They were pallying with this " deluded dictator" not so long ago and when they fell out with Ghadaffi he automatically became a hindrance to democracy. Did they forget whilst they were shaking this "Mad man's" hands in those boardroom meetings and greasing their elbows that he was the "the World's longest serving dictator"
I know Ghadaffi was no angel but why the sudden change in goal posts. . . oh let me guess na oil. Look at how Ghadaffi shut them out or manipulated them with what they were salivating over. I do not blame the West for our problems but like professional predators they certainly take advantage of them.
They scurrying to congratulate Libya on their "new found democracy" could simply be translated as "sweet crude here we come". . . they don't pull the wool over my eyes I'm afraid.

I am no Ghadaffi apologist but no one should be riding on their high horse here. This man's reign would have been longer if he had complied with the West. . . .*hint* *hint* Omar bongo *cough*

I never intended commenting on any of the "Ghaddafi is dead" celebration threads until i read the bolded above. The last time i talked about this man, i was labelled all sorts of thing (some even called me a Ghaddafi apologist). There are several African rulers who have ruled for as long as Ghaddafi (even longer) and the west isn't saying anything about them. Ghaddafi might be labelled as a tyrant and dictator but he is the best leader Africa has ever produced. He did more for his people than an other African leader has ever done. His people lived a quality of life that was higher than the US and only comparable with some European countries and Saudi Arabia. Even the Nigerians working there were reluctant to come back home in spite of the fact that their lives were at stake.

This whole shebang is all about oil. . .nothing more. If Libya had little or no resources like Rwanda, there would be no NTC there. He was called all sorts of things as a means to discredit him to a naive media that believes everything they see on TV and read in the papers. Look at Iraq. Iraq was attacked based on accusations that they possessed weapons of mass destruction (WMD's). Till today, not even a single nuke has been found BUT the west has "secured" and taken control of all the crude oil sites and opium poppy fields. A lot of the soldiers deployed to the middle east have spent their "Iraqi tour" guarding the countries resources rather than engaging "terrorists" in combat.

W'll be watching Libya and see how it "progresses" in the next few years. Already, they are already neck deep in debt to western nations. Is it a coincidence that the so called "freedom fighters" were being funded by western nations? Is it a coincidence that a lot of the "fighters" were hired mercenaries from other countries (many of them with links to Al Qaeda)? Is it a coincidence that what sparked of Ghaddafi's "barbarism" on "his people" was when "citizens" raided a military barracks and carted away weapons? What kind of "innocent citizens" break into a barracks to steal weapons?

All people know is what the media wants them to know.

1 Like

Re: Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! by kaz4sure: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2011
Dear All,
In my own view, i think libyan will definitely regret what they did to Gadafi, the following are my reasons
1. Over 60percent of libyans dont work yet the man feed and cloth them with the oil money.
2. Gadafi try all his best to protect the libyan and libyan people from foreign attack, that is why libya is one of the most powerful country in Africa.
3. NATO and other western invasion into Libyan are doing all they are doing for their own interest i.e at the detriment of the libyan. They will destroy and rebuilt the country so that they can have control over their oil money.
If America and NATO are truely fighting for africa and not their personal interest why cant they intervene in civil war in Syria, Tunisia(recently concluded) and egypt(recentrly councluded), They are more particular about libyan because of the oil money and they have succedded in killing the only man who can stop them from achieving their aims.

The only area i fault gadhafi is that he outght to have surrendered honourably rather than  ending his life in a misrable manner like this.

RIP Gadhafi A true Comrade,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkey Agrees To Support Finland And Sweden's NATO Membership / West African Countries Shower President Ramaphosa With Honours & Titles On Tour / New York: State Of Emergency Declared As Life-Threatening Storm Causes Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.