Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Something You Dislike As You Grow Older - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Something You Dislike As You Grow Older (15257 Views)

Name One Social Media Slang You Dislike / What Is The Thing You Dislike About Nairaland / Some Things You Will Realize As You Grow Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by VICTOR4LYF(m): 9:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
I hate it when people exaggerate

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by folake4u(f): 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2023
Adulthood.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Wotowotoman: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
biyams:
unhealthy foods...nobody forced me and not like I have any ailments or so, all of a sudden I stopped taking carbonated drinks I became a fruity like so much, I just adopted healthy measures automatically, the shocking one is my replacement of fish for meat..I'm now so interested and prefers fish over meat, i suddenly prefer swallow, vegetables and my love for spices are so intense, my going out to the market mostly means I'm coming back home with either fresh rosemary or white rosemary or coriander or parsley or celery to cook with....I wasn't a noodles fan since but these spices are making me love noodles now. but some years ago all these things were around me but I see them as nothing...

You stopped eating unhealthy but you still eat noodles? After now you go dey wonder how Yamayama disease take fall on that your bald head angry
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Caleycash(m): 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Too many friends.......

I realized too many friends will definitely slow a man down...........

When I look at my circle now and compare it to how it was as at 5 years ago,I realized making so many friends,with all the memories we once had wasn't worth it all.
Kai bro, you're deep and this is called self realisation, keep it up, you'll get there! 💯

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Wotowotoman: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
seanwilliam:
I don’t show off anymore, I dress simple; mostly shirt and jean, native dress.
I do things at my convenient time..
I dont womanize anymore
 I find it so disgusting having multiple sex partners or paying for sex..
Used to hate my dad back then( he sabi beat me like criminal, make I no lie, I stubborn back then) now we’re best friends grin

Used to love hip pop back then, now I listen to dem Barrister , Anigilaje, obey commander etc.
Used to love watching movie back then , now I only subscribe to cables cos of news.. lol.

What about soapy? You don stop am? 😏
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Boldideas: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Too many friends.......

I realized too many friends will definitely slow a man down...........

When I look at my circle now and compare it to how it was as at 5 years ago,I realized making so many friends,with all the memories we once had wasn't worth it all.

It can even lead to your untimely death, unless you're not successful.

2 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Exceed15: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
Gossips
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Aduke96: 12:50am On Oct 04, 2023
AZControversial:
undecided

Intentional disrespect......

You try it.......I blacklist you!!!

Like I'll see you dying and look the other way...... no jokes!!!

currenting in similar situation, since i distance myself from her she has been picking on me.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by seanwilliam(m): 1:21am On Oct 04, 2023
Wotowotoman:

What about soapy? You don stop am? 😏
I can’t 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Yashita: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2023
1. Watching movies but now I can’t just sit down and watch any movies for 5 minutes

2. Sugar/tea. I don’t like them anymore.

3. People. I use to like being around many people, but not anymore.

4. Religion (sitting down and listening to what I’ve been listening to since when I was a kid?). Na not anymore. I prefer to use my head and my conscience now.

5. Hairdos. Now I just prefer carrying natural hair about.

6. Family problems: I used to carry family problems on my head thinking why do these family members make their life decisions which doesn’t favour them. Now I want to life my best life void of too much thinking about others’ problems.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Basiljoe: 4:59am On Oct 04, 2023
creativehubb:

You can't just generalize, some families don't care about each other, but I have seen families where they love each other. It's not about age, it's relative...you can say your mom and sisters don't love you, I won't contest it, but don't generalize...plus love is relative.
How old are you?
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 6:04am On Oct 04, 2023
Basiljoe:

How old are you?
Wiser than your old dumb dad. Mumu idiot. Another thing I hate is idiot, who look at the world from their small myopic view. Blockhead everyone is not like your useless hate filled family. Bastard fool, what has age has to do with common sense. A fool at 40...first go learn how to read and comprehend not just argue like a fool, I told you in my family my sisters and mom love me, and I see lots of families where they genuinely love each other, you are arguing, are you me?
Monkey bastard.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Basiljoe: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2023
creativehubb:

Wiser than your old dumb dad. Mumu idiot. Another thing I hate is idiot, who look at the world from their small myopic view. Blockhead everyone is not like your useless hate filled family. Bastard fool, what has age has to do with common sense. A fool at 40...first go learn how to read and comprehend not just argue like a fool, I told you in my family my sisters and mom love me, and I see lots of families where they genuinely love each other, you are arguing, are you me?
Monkey bastard.
E pain am grin grin grin grin

“What’s apparent to the unplugged seems like blaspheme to the plugged in.” - Rational Male
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by AZControversial(m): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2023
Aduke96:

currenting in similar situation, since i distance myself from her she has been picking on me.

Silent treatment is enough for her.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by waxxydude: 8:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Casham:
Honestly, I’ve got two, at least. The first one is religion. Sorry I am not trying to be rude, but I was so much into religion and all. I believed everything Bible back then. In fact, by the age of nine, I’ve read the Bible back to back twice in two different languages. I really wanted to be a Pastor.But now I see it as all lies. The second thing I now hate is gender wars. Even as a child, I always saw it as healthy competition. But now, it has become something else. We now seem to be promoting hate against the other gender. The thing is even putting me off social media.
The best. Especially the first one we are very similar.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by emmyN(m): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2023
DND069:
Humans who Talk too much;
Bragging/showing off;
Trying to bring your fellow human down just to feel good;

You liked these things when you were younger? shocked
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by biyams(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You stopped eating unhealthy but you still eat noodles? After now you go dey wonder how Yamayama disease take fall on that your bald head angry
what will u tell me about diseases? if u know the dangers of noodles you should know that it's most likely to originate diseases like colon cancer ♋... it's so sad you don't know that adding fibres to your regular diet will clear away anything not meant to reside in your colon.. pls go and seek more knowledge about how to counter ailments/diseases....it's part of what I do for a living infact. if you can't utter something positive to people stop attacking their posts....you may never know what type of humans you're dealing with. be very careful pls.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Xtristopher: 9:56am On Oct 04, 2023
Having plenty kids untill I discovered that kids tend to love their mothers more
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by ACCACENCONSULTS: 10:05am On Oct 04, 2023
My brother, you are really confused.......Chai.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by MIRACULOUS123(m): 11:12am On Oct 04, 2023
[s]Honestly, I’ve got two, at least. The first one is religion. Sorry I am not trying to be rude, but I was so much into religion and all. I believed everything Bible back then. In fact, by the age of nine, I’ve read the Bible back to back twice in two different languages. I really wanted to be a Pastor.But now I see it as all lies[/s].
The second thing I now hate is gender wars. Even as a child, I always saw it as healthy competition. But now, it has become something else. We now seem to be promoting hate against the other gender. The thing is even putting me off social media.[/quote]

I don't agree with the first one, though I'm not really deep into religion
The bible is the word of God and God doesn't lie.

I agree with the second one cool
Twitter is really making me hate females nowadays because of the people I follow there always talk about the hard truth about em!

[s][/s]
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by creativehubb: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2023
Basiljoe:

E pain am grin grin grin grin

“What’s apparent to the unplugged seems like blaspheme to the plugged in.” - Rational Male
Mumu from useless family. My family we have love, we are not miserable like you small minded hungry idiot. Am sure you are from those region where they can kill their family for money. You are very stupid if you think every family is like your miserable family. We are not same, never assume the world based off how useless and miserable your family is. How can you say your mom don't love you, your mama na witch grin
Mugu no go hustle, dey find who go spoon feed you.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Dexy4yah(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2023
Samantha124:
American R&B, hip hop and rap.

Back in my teens I used to love these genres so much, they were the only genres of music that I listened to.

But now I'm no longer interested in them.

I wonder the type of songs you listen to now sha....
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2023
SA has lots of music genres to choose from.
Dexy4yah:

I wonder the type of songs you listen to now sha....

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Dexy4yah(m): 11:28am On Oct 04, 2023
Samantha124:
SA has lots of music genres to choose from.

Yeah, i actually love SA songs too.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Lovelydaisies: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2023
Doing 'oversabi' or I-too-know. Nowadays, I try to speak less, unless nobody knows the answer and I know it. Let my work speak, not my mouth. I don't know it all after all. Thank God I've reduced it. Back then, na me dey answer and ask questions as if dem go give me award. But I was/am a curious student. I love to know.

Acting in anger. Not that I used to do that but I do it less now I'm married. I try to make excuses for the person to avoid overacting. Once I know the reason, my anger can then come gently.

Having too much stuff. Traveling and moving from place to place has made me gradually dislike having much load. I like to have simple, nice and few items, not having a full wardrobe of clothes, shoes, bags, accessories you might never use completely.

1 Like

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Casham: 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2023
Chidolalar:

Pls can u state d reasons why u said u see d bible as all lies.
Hey! I still read the Bible every day. It is an Historical and Literary goldmine. I think God cannot be discovered from any book. He is within us. He is our all in all; as Paul says: in Him we live, move and have our being.
When I say ‘I now see it as all lies’, I mean that I do not accept all those stories on angels, demons, devils, ‘prophets’, heavens, hells, and miracles as Truth. I see them the same way I see the stories of Shiva, Zeus, Superman, Tom&Jerry or King Arthur. They are simply historical facts that were embellished by a particular culture just so they can enforce and promote some form of morality and order using GOD as an anchor.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Casham: 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
Greenfaces:

Islam is the true religion. The media don't portray the truth
Greenfaces, I respect and envy the fact that Islam gives you peace and assurance. But I have read through two [English] versions of the Qur’an and, if I am being candid, (I have never said this to anyone; not even to the second half of my family who are Muslims), I think Islam is a joke. I do not mean to troll. Islam is way too petty to be from any true God. If the Qur’an is to be scrutinized half as much as the Bible was, it will not last a single more minute in any enlightened person’s library. Even the various Hadiths are more significant because they can, at least, have some historical as well as literary value.
But I LOOOOVE Islamic culture. The calligraphy, the poetic recitations, the ‘Umma’ thing and the hajj. Islamic doctrine, Though is still the most petty religious doctrines I know.
Mohammed actually did a great job uniting the Scattered and warring Arab clans into one Nation. He is a cultural hero, and I respect that about the man, but nothing more. I understand why he felt the need to use the GOD factor to bring them together, and I expect people in this 21st century to understand that too. ‘GOD’ was only a uniting factor and Mohammed rode on that knowledge to unite his people and give the Arabs their most Valuable and lucrative international export.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Greenfaces: 3:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
Casham:
Greenfaces, I respect and envy the fact that Islam gives you peace and assurance. But I have read through two [English] versions of the Qur’an and, if I am being candid, (I have never said this to anyone; not even to the second half of my family who are Muslims), I think Islam is a joke. I do not mean to troll. Islam is way too petty to be from any true God. If the Qur’an is to be scrutinized half as much as the Bible was, it will not last a single more minute in any enlightened person’s library. Even the various Hadiths are more significant because they can, at least, have some historical as well as literary value.
But I LOOOOVE Islamic culture. The calligraphy, the poetic recitations, the ‘Umma’ thing and the hajj. Islamic doctrine, Though is still the most petty religious doctrines I know.
Mohammed actually did a great job uniting the Scattered and warring Arab clans into one Nation. He is a cultural hero, and I respect that about the man, but nothing more. I understand why he felt the need to use the GOD factor to bring them together, and I expect people in this 21st century to understand that too. ‘GOD’ was only a uniting factor and Mohammed rode on that knowledge to unite his people and give the Arabs their most Valuable and lucrative international export.

It is only a way to be safe from the torment of what comes after this life. Ask questions about it instead of calling it a joke
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Casham: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2023
Greenfaces:

It is only a way to be safe from the torment of what comes after this life. Ask questions about it instead of calling it a joke
Honestly I would not want to be the person to destroy another man’s faith, because that is one thing that give people the hope for the future. I am also not a man who will live my life in fear of some kind of retribution from some vengeful god.
But if there is a hell; then I have seen it here already. I see people going through all kinds hell here on earth right now.
And if there is a heaven; I am living some form of it now already. There is no heaven better than taking charge of your life, loving someone and having someone love you and also making someone’s life a little bit better.
I do not fear the future or the afterlife, if there is any. And when I get there, I will want to be proud of the fact that I lived my life here and now in honest truth to my conscience according to my own dictates.
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by Ginomel(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
purples25:
He he...let me see any of those guys or girls who never considered me to be in their class when they were younger. Could never mix with me, were too pretty or too popular, too big, really. I will never believe their 'changed' characters. You're older now, you're now humble, abi? You're older now, you can now talk to me? Now you're older, you're not that highly sought college beauty, now it's cool to hang out with me abi? Now that we are all old? I won't accept to be anyone's fall back friend. How you were up in the sky before, stay there. They form holy, they form what not, I smile in my mind. Only if you can give me a very sincere apology, like, sorry for how we sidelined you. If not, claim humble wherever and whenever, I will never believe it. They're only mellow because the world has mellowed down for them. If God were to turn them young again, they would never hang with me.

Only the wise will understand what you just wrote.

You can even add those friends that saw you as unexposed because you refused to live their lifestyle.

Now they are getting old, they have started understanding why you were not interested in that lifestyle then. They just realised now that it doesn't worth it. Something you discovered even when you were far younger.

2 Likes

Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by okerekingsley90: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
Highplains:
😂..memories!i was in my teenage years then too..i stay glued to MTV base I had to know the current songs so I can go back to school and not be left out of the hottest songs and knowing the lyrics made you look even cooler..The good old days now na bills man dey write down and memorize..😂😂

Make I rub download am grin
Re: Something You Dislike As You Grow Older by purples25(f): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ginomel:

Only the wise will understand what you just wrote.

You can even add those friends that saw you as unexposed because you refused to live their lifestyle.

Now they are getting old, they have started understanding why you were not interested in that lifestyle then. They just realised now that it doesn't worth it. Something you discovered even when you were far younger.

I tire o. They are JUST realizing that you can be happy without sleeping around. That a person whom isn't the finest or most popular still has value. I want to talk about this in depth, real depth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yoruba Culture And Respect / Wealth Management Services - Do You Really Need Them / Grammatical Blunders Made By Mrs. Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.