Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? (15785 Views)

Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo, Daniel Amokachi, Others To Turn Up For CAF Awards / Etim Esin Acquires 2015 Range Rover(photos) / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by Akolawole(m): 3:59am On Mar 24, 2006
With due respect to both former Nigerian players.

Oron born Etim Esin is Nigeria's most popular player in 1987 through to 1990. He was then called Nigeria Maradona. Very skillful. A player, Late Chris Udemuze will never want to remember because of his indiscipline. A member of that promising Flying who represented Nigeria in Chile alongside thompson Oliha, Nosa Osadolor, John ene Okon but to mention a few.
He took his playing career to Belgium , where he shined like a million star. He was probably the first Nigerian player to do a billboard advert in Europe( I hope i am correct). he was Rich. Tragedy struck , he was accused of Rape, then court proceeding, then he ran to Nigeria.
By all standard, he should be comfortable for life BUT,
Its a pity.

Dan "the bull" Amokachi is another Super eagle. A very discipline player until Abacha regime, when he became a very good friend of Chief Jim Nwobodo(the-then Sports Minister). He was in Belgium, England and Turkey. He was flambouyant, he married a model. Despite not being the richest Nigeria footballers, he went to buy a private jet for private use. After a couple of years, landing fees alone had eaten deep into his pocket, he was compelled to sell his Jet.What a Waste !
He now lives in Nigeria and work with NFA. Is it as a face saven job? I don't know.

Who is most wasteful among the two?

Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by rikkyjen(m): 4:50am On Mar 24, 2006
Akolawole, Do u know i heard Amokachi bought a private jet,but i thoughtit was all rumors but i know stuffs from you are kinda true, How rich was amokachi to have bought a jet?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by Akolawole(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2006
Abi!
He even went to a driving school. Imagine!

If Etoo, Kanu, Okocha, Finito, George Weah didnt have a Jet, who is Dan?
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by Akolawole(m): 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2006
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by Akolawole(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2006
More comments please!
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by ababoy1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2006
Not sure who was more wasteful, but I know which one didn’t fulfil his promise - Etim ‘Maradona’ Esin. Was there a better player during his time? I don’t think so.
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by Akolawole(m): 9:06pm On Jun 08, 2006
@ Ababoy1

No player like him at that time.

Remember the first Nigerian player to get TV advert in Europe.

The first Naija player that comes to U-21 trainning with cars load of women.

I remember his new 505 Saloon car then.

Thanks Ababoy[ Only you fit remember those days sha]
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by tosinadeda: 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2008
abeg na etim, as in the guy was a bad guy big time
all what this balllers dey do now , oag etim don do am te te men grin
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by akinalabi(m): 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2008
@ tosinadeda

Where did you dig the thread from?

Akolawole:

A member of that promising Flying who represented Nigeria in Chile alongside thompson Oliha, Nosa Osadolor, John ene Okon but to mention a few.

Now don't bring back the memories. That squad is
the most talented assembly of Nigerian football
talents I've ever known even though they flopped
in Chile.
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by randa(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2008
hey poster some of ur facts are kinda distorted about dan amokachi, i have it on good authority from down here in jos, he didnt buy a jet, it was on lease, though he did have to pay for parking at a private lotty, he is not as rich as he was cos lots of stuff happened to him including beign duped when i was in kd about five years ago, his house at the g.r.a here is so imposing and he still comes around, infact his contacts with silas agara, the former commisioner of sports in nasarawa state and government circles has helped him stay up, he might not be the flamboyant da bull we do know but i can assure u he is nowhere near where u painted him, do u know what he drives now, if i tell u , u will be shocked. saw him two weeks ago. i do respect him these days cos life has though him to be humble, guess what, his sons are kinda cute and one of them did 89 jugs infront of fans, i think the twins might be good footballers too.
Re: Etim Esin & Daniel Amokachi: Who Is More Wasteful? by tck2000(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Video Of GEJ's Phone Chat With The Falconets / Chelsea Extend Their Lead At Top Of Premier League Table With 3 - 0 Win / Tunisia Replaces Suspended Cape Verde In World Cup Qualifiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.