Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,551 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters (175 Views)

'Tell Us What Happened In Abuja' - Protesters Besiege Rivers Govt House / Abuja: Protesters force open National Assembly Gate (Video, Photos) / Wike Slams Atiku, Vows To Remain In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters by Esther125: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, has asked those crying and protesting over sacking of 21 directors and heads of government owned companies to continue as such action would amount to total waste of time and energy.

The Minister said no sentiments or emotion would be considered in his efforts to do the right thing in the nation’s capital .

.ng reports that staff of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Company AUMTCO, were seen in a viral video protesting and crying over the sack of the company’s managing director.

The MD and Chief Executive Officer of the company, Najeeb Abdulsalam, was among the 21 heads of parastatals, agencies, and companies of the FCT Administration that were sacked by the minister a few days ago.

“That is why when I watch people on video, crying that somebody has been removed and that he has been doing well, the question is if you have been doing well, where are the buses?” Wike told reports in Abuja.

“No sentiment, no emotions will be considered when we are doing what is right. We will do the right thing in the interest of the people.

“If you like, carry 20 people, put a video, and cry as much as you want to cry, it will not bother us. What bothered us is the reality on the ground.

“You are not a civil servant where you will say nobody is supposed to retire me because I am not up to the age of retirement.

“Even as a minister, I can be relieved of my position now. You don’t need to cry; some other people will come and all we pray for is, let us get the best.”

https://.ng/2023/10/02/fct-continue-crying-wasting-time-energy-wike-slams-abuja-protesters/

Re: FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters by TemplarLandry: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
grin Wailing galore!
Re: FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters by Ashez: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2023
No be soon you go comot??
Re: FCT: Continue Crying, Wasting Time, Energy – Wike Slams Abuja Protesters by yarimo(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
Well said Comrade WIKE

(1) (Reply)

FG And NLC Reach Resolutions Following Fuel Subsidy Dispute / Top 10 Highest Paid African Presidents And Leaders �������� / Army General Jailed For 7 Years, To Refund Stolen 3 Billion Naira || Timipriye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.