Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

What If We Never Restructure Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If We Never Restructure Nigeria (2082 Views)

I Will Never Restructure Nigeria, You’re Naive, Ignorant Of War – Buhari / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani / Atiku: Promising To Restructure Nigeria In 6 Months Is A 'big Lie' - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by paxx: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
What do you guys think?

2 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Tracka: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nothing like split oo, politicians think the same, they steal the same. If we don't restructure our minds, no amount of splitting will solve issues in Nigeria. Everyone must go back and work on himself....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Tunde835(m): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Regardless of what they divide the regions into what matters is progress. The north is really big doesn't make them the most advanced.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by coolitempa(f): 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Split into five then. The SE and the SS are not the same. No be by force.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
They already divided it into 36 regions I don’t know what you guys want, states can collaborate on joint interest

9 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:
What do you guys think?
Dey play. You mean this again?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by paxx: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
coolitempa:
Split into five then. The SE and the SS are not the same. No be by force.

I didn't make the regions based off similarity. 4 is a good number.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Ojutiti: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Whatever happened to the six geo political zones we currently have

11 Likes 2 Shares

AlexBells:
They already divided it into 36 regions I don’t know what you guys want, states can collaborate on joint interest

HAHHAA
Ojutiti:

I like that, but I just gave a different idea for this 1
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by modernWays: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Six geo- polical zone is better.

Though restructuring may not stop corruption but will definitely aid competition and growth among regions.

7 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by CreedElliot: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
South South will not go with South East even if you kill all of them. Them no go gre.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by coolitempa(f): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:

It is not about the numbers but synergy. SE and SS can never be together.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by paxx: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
coolitempa:

It is not about the numbers but synergy. SE and SS can never be together.

How else can I split it into 4? What do you think
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by GeneralPula: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
Op do you mean regionalism? It’s so cool. Let us change from federalism..

That’s the only thing Nigeria can do now to help the situation..
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Tracka: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2023
How will splitting help the situation??
GeneralPula:
I agree with you Op..

That’s the only thing Nigeria can do now to help the situation..

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by paxx: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2023
?
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Ikaeniyan0: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:

The 6 geopolitical region is better than this mess you uploaded. minorities in the north and south will not agree to merge with Yoruba, Hausa and igbo.

3 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by GeneralPula: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tracka:
How will splitting help the situation??
We’re not splitting..

We’ll only change from federalism to regionalism..

1 Like

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Armaggedon: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The 6 geopolitical region is better than this mess you uploaded. minorities in the north and south will not agree to merge with Yoruba, Hausa and igbo.
6 geopolitical zones can never legitimately form the basis of any serious restructuring because they were not constitutionally created.

Any restructuring in Nigeria (for those who want it) must be approved by a referendum. Not by mere shouting.

whenever issues of restructuring comes up, Yorubas become noticeable scared because they know they have no friends like one poster noted.

1 Like

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:
What do you guys think?
This will never work in Nigeria.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Ojutiti:
The 6 geopolitical zones are good enough.

1 Like

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:
What do you guys think?
Won't work

North East needs minimum two region
Middle belts minimum 2 ... South East can be alone

South South needs 2 regions minimum for me actually 3 ... The igbos join South East

You have akwa cross, ijaws and beinin regions
South West can be by themselves with there brothers in middle belt joining them

North West
Two from North East
2 from middle belt that's 5
South West
South East
Edo nation
Ijaw nations
Akwa cross

That's 10.

Some smaller unique tribes can form agreement with any region they want and join have agreement in place for regional autonomy

1 Like

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by citizenY(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
paxx:
What do you guys think?

Please, the aspiring governor of that blue part in the map from Yenagoa should contact me. I want to join his campaign team.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tracka:
Nothing like split oo, politicians think the same, they steal the same. If we don't restructure our minds, no amount of splitting will solve issues in Nigeria. Everyone must go back and work on himself....
Answer me this

Which is easier

For Yoruba youths to come together and hold a Yoruba leader who controls their security and resources without federal government to blame accountable

And

For Nigerian youths to do the same which is easier?

Would tinubu win election in South West?
90% of the politicians we have now can't win election if we have regional autonomy
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2023
AlexBells:
States are not drawn alone ethnic lines they are too artificial
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by AlexBells(m): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2023
mrvitalis:

States are not drawn alone ethnic lines they are too artificial
Neither was regions, if states are drawn along ethnic lines, then there should be electoral collage and a lot of other factors which could get complicated, it can only be informally addressed not constitutional problem but a traditional problem, we are working out something for AlaIgbo, wonder what you waiting for before joining us.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2023
Una too like to talk without action. The template for restructuring was created in 2014 where all works of life in Nigeria were represented, yet APC the anarchist party threw it inside the dustbin. And here you slowpokes are arguing the basis or should I say formula for restructuring. It only shows deception and insincerity. Spit!!! Evil people.
Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 4:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
AlexBells:

Neither was regions, if states are drawn along ethnic lines, then there should be electoral collage and a lot of other factors which could get complicated, it can only be informally addressed not constitutional problem but a traditional problem, we are working out something for AlaIgbo, wonder what you waiting for before joining us.
What do you mean by complicated?
Britain that ruled us recommended we have 10 regions along ethnic lines

Having ethnic lines is the only way to have peace that's it you can't avoid it absolutely no way

Look at Europe they fought for 1000 years plus till they divided along ethnic lines... Look at Asia it's alone ethnic lines
Look at India each ethnic group are semi independent , china, Japan

You only have our system in Americas which are settler countries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by OutOfTheAshes(m): 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
Even if God comes down from heaven and give you people a template for restructuring, Una go still reject am, because you Nigerians are evil. Always beating around the bush whenever the solutions are obviously evident. Ndi ojor. SPIT!!!!

3 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by Ikaeniyan0: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
6 geopolitical zones can never legitimately form the basis of any serious restructuring because they were not constitutionally created.

Any restructuring in Nigeria (for those who want it) must be approved by a referendum. Not by mere shouting.

whenever issues of restructuring comes up, Yorubas become noticeable scared because they know they have no friends like one poster noted.
I won't be shock if you're high on mkpurummiri this hot afternoon.

Where in my post am I against restructuring? Read my post up to 10 times maybe you will understand what you read

2 Likes

Re: What If We Never Restructure Nigeria by PHAYOL81: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nothing is impossible but honestly, I don't see the possibility of it too.
THE likely possibility is that restructuring would break the country into six regions but the middlebelt would reduce in size due to tribal alignment and/or affiliation. THE KWARANS and OKUNS has over ninety percent possibility of going along with the SW without any chance of rejection.
BUT SS, SE going together would hardly come up. Even the individual states in SS would likely prefer to run independent economy under the NIGER DELTAN umbrella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Governorship Election: Collated Local Government Results / Gaddafi Slams Nigeria For Handing Over Taylor / Confirmed! Yar'adua Still Under Life Support.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.