Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State (27255 Views)

I Remain Governor Until Supreme Court Says Otherwise - Gov Sule / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor / "I Remain Governor Of Osun State" - Gboyega Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by politicoNG: 3:29pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ebonyi State Governor David Umahi has reacted to the judgement of the Federal High Court Abuja which removed him and his Deputy, Kelechi Igwe, from office on Tuesday.

Governor Umahi, who described the judgement as embarrassing, alleged that the presiding Judge was influenced to deliver the judgement against.

He noted that there is no provision in the Nigeria Constitution whereby a serving Governor or his Deputy could be removed on account of defection to another political party.

He explained it is only through death, resignation or Impeachment by the state House of Assembly that a serving Governor and his Deputy could be removed from office.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/i-remain-governor-of-ebonyi-umahi/

BREAKING: I’m still Governor of Ebonyi — Umahi

…We have petitioned Judge to NJC

….My supporters should laugh over it

…It’s a jungle justice that was purchased

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, Tuesday stressed that he remains the Governor of the State not minding the ruling by the Federal High Court, Abuja

The Court had sacked him (Umahi) and his Deputy, Dr. Kelechi Igwe from office and directed that the duo should not to parade themselves in like manner.

Briefing Newsmen in his office at the new Government House, Abakaliki, Governor Umahi who described the ruling as “jungle justice that was purchased” noted that the ruling was not a good development for the Judiciary.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/breaking-im-still-governor-of-ebonyi-umahi/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by seunmsg(m): 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2022
No shaking. PDP is not smelling Ebonyin state house anytime soon.

153 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2022
Indeed

7 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by alsudan: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
You remain Governor for how long Arrogant man?

The Supreme Court will give you the final boot and be sure it’s gonna happen this year.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by seunmsg(m): 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2022
alsudan:
You remain Governor for how long Arrogant man?

The Supreme Court will give you the final boot and be sure it’s gonna happen this year.

He will remain the governor till the end of his tenure. The appeal court will upturn the useless judgement.

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by damirosky60: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2022
The judgement will not stand.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Maxymilliano(m): 3:45pm On Mar 08, 2022
Umahi can only keep grasping at straws but he's a goner.

The position of the is that it is illegal for an elected officer to defect from a party if there are no internal issues or crisis in the party that warrants defection. It's on this grounds that the judge based his judgment.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by FreeStuffsNG: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2022
If this report is true, then this is not a dignified response,it is too emotional and can embarrass his lawyers when presented in court.
Sincerely,I sympathize with him.

My consolation remains that all these sudden developments will still end in praise to God for the Asiwaju Tinubu victory at the Presidential poll.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand. Please support and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.
#Iyanumashele
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Confirmedzombie: 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
As a senior lawyer I think the judge misfired

It is best to petition the NJC while Appeal is filled

There is no provision in the constitution of Nigeria that says any governor who defects to other party loses his position.

As at the time Umahi defected, PDP were in crisis over its former National chairman Uche Sevondus.

Im very sure the Judge will be sanctioned.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Racoon(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2022
Typical of the arrogant Nigerian politician because they always believe they are the law themselves.

10 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by EILTD(m): 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2022
Able Governor. Carry Go

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by EILTD(m): 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2022
Confirmedzombie:
As a senior lawyer I think the judge misfired

It is best to petition the NJC while Appeal is filled

There is no provision in the constitution of Nigeria that says any governor who defects to other party loses his position.

As at the time Umahi defected, PDP were in crisis over its former National chairman Uche Sevondus.

Im very sure the Judge will be sanctioned.

The Judge just lost his position and might get disgraced. Umahi defected when PDP were in crisis. I bet the Judge and those who paid him forgot this fact.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by christistruth01: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2022
The Judgement has also disqualified Gov Obaseki of Edo State and his deputy

That means he was not a valid PDP Candidate

127 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Kennyprince: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2022
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by FreeStuffsNG: 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2022
christistruth01:
The Judgement has also disqualified Gov Obaseki of Edo State and his deputy

That means he was not a valid PDP Candidate
HE Obaseki and his Deputy actually contested as PDP candidates so their mandate was from votes validly counted for PDP sir.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by victons(m): 4:05pm On Mar 08, 2022
Bad time for Umahi

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Almaigaa: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
The only performing Governor in the East. Nigerians are solidly behind you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Alright
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ATEAMS: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Nasso
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Saskay44: 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by AntiChristian: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Waste of time, money and energy!

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ChinaNwachukwu(m): 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ovie8200: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Cross River state is NEXT!

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ButterBurger: 4:07pm On Mar 08, 2022
Of course.
Nobody in the government obey court order anymore.
Nobody even respect and honor their judgements as well.
A whole judicial.
See how Nigerian politicians useless the court.

Very lawless a nation

9 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ovie8200: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
You lied, see yourself. You lose everything including no APC presidency in the southeast. loser loser loser!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Winters23: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ofcourse
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by IgweOfNnewi: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by manuelkel(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
Let's keep watching the movie....... grin

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Samanza89: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
You better relocate to the boy's quarter immediately Sir.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Mossadd: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2022
This matter go reach Supreme Court I hope Supreme Court can stamp and seal it

5 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by Foolishbuhari: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2022
EILTD:
The Judge just lost his position and might get disgraced. Umahi defected when PDP were in crisis. I bet the Judge and those who paid him forgot this fact.

Lol was there a faction in the PDP?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi: I Remain Governor Of Ebonyi State by ovie8200: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

HE Obaseki and his Deputy actually contested as PDP candidates so their mandate was from votes validly counted for PDP sir.

Don't mind that fool!

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Voting Ends At Ruling APC Presidential Primary / Tinubu May Move To Aso Villa Residence Next Week / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.