Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

"Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV (19195 Views)

Obi’s Names On NYSC, UNN Certificates Are Different - Arabambi (Apapa Faction) / President Buhari's Interview On Arise TV (Updates) / Masked Ben Bruce: This Is How We Are Living In US, I Can't Wait To Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2023
Nigerian Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives; You Don’t Need All Degrees To Be Great Leader, Just Be Honourable About Your Past, Says Peter Obi Amid Controversy Over Tinubu’s Academic Records

The former Governor of Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria, who is challenging the election of President Tinubu in the February 25 election, said this on Monday while speaking on Arise TV’s 'The Morning Show' programme.

Peter Obi, the candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 presidential election, has said that Nigeria is facing a lot of leadership challenges because Nigerian leaders who have been caught in the web certificate and age forgery cannot do the right things in office.

The former Governor of Anambra State, Southeast Nigeria, who is challenging the election of President Tinubu in the February 25 election, said this on Monday while speaking on Arise TV’s 'The Morning Show' programme.

Obi, who insisted that he and his political party would continue to challenge the electoral process through which Tinubu, a former Lagos governor, was declared winner of the presidential election said that the process through which people come into office, assume or achieve anything is far more fundamental than what they do there thereafter.

On whether Tinubu was qualified to contest for the election or not, Obi said the issue of qualification is the issue of leaders making statements and doing things that are honest and truthful.

He added that it is an issue of honour and integrity, which according to him, is the foundation on which a society is built.

He said, "We are at the point where we are challenging the process. These are parts of what makes a nation. The process through which people come into office, assume or achieve anything is far more fundamental than what they do there thereafter.

"It is important that people come through the right door and not just jumping in through the window and say we should move on and clean things up.

"We are challenging the process and that has to come to a logical end before any other thing. It has to be something that people will seemingly…, that is why I said we have to begin by doing the right thing.

"The issue of qualification is the issue of leaders making statements, doing things that are honest and truthful. This is an issue of honour and integrity. It is the foundation on which you build society.

"Looking at what is happening in Nigeria today, there are so many issues of certificate, age, all sorts of one falsification or the other all over within the leaders.

"There is no way people can be doing this and be able to do the right thing because they are living a falsified life, and that is not good morally and the sign it should be given to the society.

"You don't really have to have all the degrees in the world to be great, but you need to be honourable about your past so we can know who exactly you are."

SaharaReporters had reported that Atiku Abubakar, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2023 presidential election, brought a case before a court in the United States in an effort to establish that President Bola Tinubu was not eligible to be Nigerian president despite his election in February 2023 and that he tendered a forged certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

INEC had declared Tinubu as the winner of the election, saying Atiku of the Peoples Democratic Party came second and Peter Obi of the Labour Party came third.

Tinubu recently lost his emergency appeal to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago to stop Chicago State University from releasing his academic records to Atiku.

In her ruling on Tinubu's emergency application in case No. 23 CV 05099, Judge Nancy L. Maldonado overruled "President Tinubu's objections to Magistrate Judge Gilbert's recommended ruling, and therefore adopts the ruling in full."

SaharaReporters reported on September 23 that Tinubu appealed against the ruling of Judge Jeffrey T. Gilbert, sitting at the United States' District Court of Northern Illinois which ordered the Chicago State University (CSU) to release all relevant records pertaining to him to Nigeria's former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar.

SaharaReporters had reported how the federal court in Chicago, while ruling on the civil case filed by Atiku Abubakar granted the applicant's request to the court, stating that the former Vice President had been able to sufficiently satisfy the purpose for seeking the records.

Tinubu subsequently pleaded with Judge Nancy Maldonado to block all other details, especially the gender and admission records, among others of the owner of the certificate. However, his appeal failed.

Source

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by AdamuKD: 7:03am On Oct 03, 2023
Ebola Tinubu is a drug pusher and a bastard

Don't quote me because you go explain tire grin

156 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Bliss62: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2023
No wonder he submitted only SSCE

119 Likes 22 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by ecolime(m): 7:05am On Oct 03, 2023
Bliss62:

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:06am On Oct 03, 2023
Bliss62:
Really better than forgery if you ask me.
If I may ask dude, are you okay to have leaders forging their certificates?

199 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Bliss62: 7:07am On Oct 03, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Not like I asked you

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by WebSurfer(m): 7:10am On Oct 03, 2023
Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2023
Bliss62:

Not like I asked you
So I am asking you, are you okay with leaders forging their certificates?

178 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Nice2023(m): 7:14am On Oct 03, 2023
Tinubu is a thief.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Bliss62: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

So I am asking you, are you okay with leaders forging their certificates?

Did any leader forge a certificate

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Racoon(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2023
Of course! A wrong foundation is a criminal foundation.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:18am On Oct 03, 2023
Bliss62:

Did any leader forge a certificate
So no leader has forged certificate? Ok I ask you again, did Nigerian leaders use your brain for sacrifice? grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

188 Likes 19 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Bliss62: 7:20am On Oct 03, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

So no leader has forged certificate? Ok I ask you again, did Nigerian leaders use your brain for sacrifice? grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

As much as I find your question offensive and utterly rude.. the answer is No

No leader of Nigeria currently has a forged certificate

If you have a contrary opinion, kindly state it

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 03, 2023
The say leaders lead by example, that saying is not for Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Kukutente23: 7:35am On Oct 03, 2023
True talk

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by BOSSkesh(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2023
You guys are still in deep pain
Cry more

141 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Alchemy528: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2023
Transparency and accountability should be core principles of leadership, and forgery goes against these principles

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by pandoragirigory: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2023
Peter girigory Obi is bereaved

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Majesty7: 8:13am On Oct 03, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Which of your leader forged his certificate?

Did you even know that, WAEC is for students who completed their secondary school, while GCE is for people who want the same WAEC certificate "O" levels even without attending secondary school?

Obi didn't even submitted his WAEC. He only submitted GCE. Obi is not even proud of his secondary school but you guys are too daft to think. Take care

60 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by MasterJayJay: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2023
Those who forge certificates are criminals.
They can forge a new identity

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Hyperchi(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2023
Since yesterday APC 30k gang salaries increase by 10k. So them go defend tire

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by slivertongue: 9:36am On Oct 03, 2023
Majesty7:

Which of your leader forged his certificate?

Did you even know that, WAEC is for students who completed their secondary school, while GCE is for people who want the same WAEC certificate "O" levels even without attending secondary school?

Obi didn't even submitted his WAEC. He only submitted GCE. Obi is not even proud of his secondary school but you guys are too daft to think. Take care

GCE stopped in 1980s and SSCE took off in 1990. Both have external exams. WAEC is not an exam but the organising body of the exam. Did Tinubu attend govt college Lagos and did he sit for the GCE he claimed?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Majesty7: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2023
slivertongue:

GCE stopped in 1980s and SSCE took off in 1990. Both have external exams. WAEC is not an exam but the organising body of the exam. Did Tinubu attend govt college Lagos and did he sit for the GCE he claimed?

Why do you guys lie so shamelessly? Where did you get this above report from? WAEC that started 1952? And who told you GCE was stopped in 1980? Are you talking British GCE or what? Did Obi has his secondary school in the UK? Why are you people like this?

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by slivertongue: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2023
Majesty7:

Why do you guys lie so shamelessly? Where did you get this above report from? WAEC that started 1952? And who told you GCE was stopped in 1980? Are you talking British GCE or what? Did Obi has his secondary school in the UK? Why are you people like this?

WAEC is the organising body not the exams. WAEC organized GCE and now SSCE and both has internal and external exams. In Obi's days WAEC conducted GCE both internal and external exams.

21 Likes

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Majesty7: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2023
slivertongue:

WAEC is the organising body not the exams. WAEC organized GCE and now SSCE and both has internal and external exams. In Obi's days WAEC conducted GCE both internal and external exams.

What changed? Did you understand yourself? WAEC conducted GCE both internal and external exams. You are really confused. How old are you?

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by saintkel(m): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2023
Obi is a wise man

7 Likes

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by slivertongue: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2023
Majesty7:

What changed? Did you understand yourself? WAEC conducted GCE both internal and external exams. You are really confused. How old are you?

I corrected you on this "WAEC is for students who completed their secondary school, while GCE is for people who want the same WAEC certificate "O" levels even without attending secondary school".

You must be a teenager to think WAEC is an exam, and GCE was another. GCE and SSCE May/June is for school candidates and GCE and SSCE OCT/NOV is for non school candidates. West African Examination Council organized both.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Majesty7: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2023
slivertongue:

I corrected you on this "WAEC is for students who completed their secondary school, while GCE is for people who want the same WAEC certificate "O" levels even without attending secondary school".

You must be a teenager to think WAEC is an exam, and GCE was another. GCE and SSCE May/June is for school candidates and GCE and SSCE OCT/NOV is for non school candidates. West African Examination Council organized both.

You are an idiot. Was it not you that was talking rubbish and I corrected? Look at this fool.

Check our conversation. Who are you trying to turn over?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by Raskimonojendor: 10:51am On Oct 03, 2023
grin Atiku lule

106 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by wahalawahala: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2023
Last kick of a dying horse😂

6 Likes

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by slivertongue: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2023
Majesty7:

You are an idiot. Was it not you that was talking rubbish and I corrected? Look at this fool.

Check our conversation. Who are you trying to turn over?

you are kid who doesn't know the difference between WAEC and GCE and has refused to take correction.

23 Likes

Re: "Leaders Forging Certificates Are Living False Lives" - Peter Obi On Arise TV by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
agbadorians, afa?
cool

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC Conference In Abuja Turns Rowdy Over Restructuring / Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari / PHOTOS: Saraki At Senator Gemade’s 70th Birthday Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.