Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife (766 Views)

How Do I Deal With A Manipulative Stepmother / This Shows That Women Are Manipulative / How I Saved My Friend From His Manipulative And Violent wife : Twitter User. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2023
tears or threats to blackmail emotionally, shouting, screaming, raging and destroying property, and even using sarcasm to make the partner give in to their demands.

If you have ended up with a manipulative woman, chances are you don’t even realise it. The signs of manipulation are subtle and disguised as love, you will probably feel all of it is for your own good and you have wanted it.

Manipulators are expert influencers and work on your subconscious, they essentially tile the balance of power in their favour leaving you with the illusion that you are calling the shots. Read the signs below to know whether you are being manipulated by your wife in more ways than one and what you can do about it.

The moment of truth can come as a huge shock but once you know the reality you can take steps to correct it. Focusing on past mistakes, some secret you told your wife about you, or a weakness you have that she knows about, are all used against you to manipulate you.

A healthy marriage is an institution built upon mutual feelings of love, care, trust, and respect. Some women, however, manipulate their husbands to have things their way. Having a manipulative wife is a deal-breaker because you are going to spend your life with a devious woman with prolonged suffering.

Life coach Melody Fletcher says that “People who are manipulative and people who get manipulated are basically two sides of the same coin. The manipulator uses her techniques to feel good while the person who is manipulated wants to do service to others, to please others to get the scraps of love and affirmation. We cannot really stop everyone from manipulating us but we have to own our power and that can be done by anticipating the different ways people try to manipulate us and react to it accordingly.”

https://www.sunrisecouplestherapy.com/post/working-on-the-marriage-8-signs-of-a-manipulative-wife

cc Seun

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:16am On Oct 04, 2023
A manipulative wife has the potential to change all your important relationships in the way she deems fit leaving you isolated and you may feel even more dependent on her as you think she is the only one who cares about you enough. Having a manipulative wife (you must assess what kind of damage she is causing) can be a deal-breaker. It constitutes emotional abuse and like we said many do not even realise what has happened to them. Here are 8 signs that can tell you if your wife is manipulative.

1. She has a didactic personality
A didactic person is the one who thinks that everyone should be taught what they think is right and that they are doing things for their good. This is an absolute warning sign of a manipulative woman. They feel that they are super smart and intellectual and the responsibility to mould other people is on their shoulders.

Not just this, they keep finding faults with your method of doing things and indirectly tell you that they are superior to you. This is their way of making you feel ‘less than them’ so that you defer your intellect to them and ask them for advice.

Voila, they have gained control over you. If your wife is the kind of person who makes you feel inadequate and you constantly run to her for her opinion especially when you didn’t do so before, she might be manipulating you and you need to think through your marriage. She is a controlling woman, who wants everything to go her way.

Also, remember you can’t be wrong 100% of the time right? Ask yourself: Ultimately, do I feel good about myself in this relationship? If not, make a list of all the reasons why not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2023
2. She turns every argument into your fault
One of the signs of a manipulative spouse is that they turn everything into your fault and get away as the innocent one. That time when she was emotionally unavailable, it was because you were busy for the past two days.

She screamed at your mother because you do not care she is handling so much. If she flirts with a guy and you object, it is because you do not ever compliment her or give her attention. If you complain about something which leads to a huge argument, she will turn the tables on you by pointing out past instances when you behaved in the same manner and how she did not raise hell then.

You then come out as the petty one. If you get mad or upset, it’s your fault for having unreasonable expectations; if they get mad, it’s your fault for upsetting them. She has the power to blame you for every wrong thing that has happened in your marriage – from a small argument to a major disappointment. Nothing will ever be her mistake. This is called gaslighting, and it’s a great manipulation technique.

Confront the bully and tell her that you understand what is happening here. Remember if you remain passive and compliant, you make yourself a target.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:18am On Oct 04, 2023
3. She uses emotional blackmail as a weapon
Emotional manipulation is something your wife is good at. Emotionally blackmailing a person may seem very subtle and harmless at times, but in reality, it is very damaging. It is a form of emotional abuse where you make the other person feel guilty about not doing what you want them to do.

Everything for her is difficult because she loves you a lot and she will die if you leave her alone. She will make you believe that she is the victim here. A man wrote to us about how his wife made him abandon his mother and he couldn’t do anything about it.
Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:19am On Oct 04, 2023
4. She uses your weaknesses against you
How do you know she has a manipulative personality? She uses your weakness against you. She knows you love your daughter a lot. Does she tell you often that she would leave home with her if you do not comply to her demands?

This may seem very cruel and you might not have realized that this was happening to you but manipulative women are extremely selfish. They take advantage of your weaknesses to get their work done. She, being your wife, would know a lot of things about you and during a fight, which she would bring up to hurt you where you are most vulnerable.

She would make a spectacle of your failures, compare you to other men in her family and make you seem all and incompetent. Every time you ask her for something, she will make you feel that you have not lived up to her expectations hence you have no right to ask things from her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:20am On Oct 04, 2023
6. She victimises herself every time
This is a very obvious sign because you can easily spot this happening. She acts scared of your reaction and makes you the controlling villain of her life. She will show the family and friends how she is often accountable for all decisions and what stress it is o her.

She will exaggerate her illnesses, or makeup lies about how she is being ostracized, maybe how XYZ is constantly picking on her. They will show reality and pretend to feel powerless, maybe even show how they’re the martyrs.

Manipulative women are great at playing the victim card. They often speak of how selfless they are and how cruel everyone around them is. Maybe even hint how ungrateful you have been. They keep a record of every single sacrifice made and display it as their prized possession.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2023
7. She keeps on blaming you for everything
She keeps on blaming you for everything

Every time she is in a tough spot in her life, she makes it your fault. It is because she married you, she had to change her area of residence which is quite far from her office. She throws you under the bus every time she takes the wrong decision. This is an absolute devious woman you are dealing with.

Manipulative people are adept at twisting words and making up things out of nowhere. She will pretend as if her decisions were taken keeping your convenience in mind and she has to deal with the repercussions of it, and that ‘you are not helping’.

She will make you seem responsible for her sadness, and her personal failures. Because you do not help out with the kids, she has been injured physical causing a loss of purpose, fired from her job or any other stress or trauma-inducing experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 8:21am On Oct 04, 2023
8. She’ll never apologize
Even if you finally prove it to her that it is her fault, a manipulative wife will never say the word, ‘Sorry’. It is just too much for her ego. She is never apologetic. Instead, she would justify her actions or go silent as a way of telling you that she is hurt.

By deliberately not responding to your calls and text messages she will make you doubt your own point of view over the matter. You will start thinking, ‘What if she was right, she wouldn’t be so upset otherwise’. Maybe you will conclude you were not right to blame her.

People who are manipulative want things their way and proving them wrong about something just fires up their emotions. Such people find it very hard to admit their mistakes or apologize for them. Also when caught in an unfavourable situation, they “play dumb” and start playing the victim card.

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by Dogalmighty17: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2023
Everything you've said above is 100% true. I live with one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by Nazgul: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2023
Marriage de fear me sometimes. There's nothing more frustrating than a nagging woman who evaporates your peace.

Your life would end sooner than you expect.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Everything you've said above is 100% true. I live with one.
Me too...that's why I started this thread
Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by dkidd: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2023
100%. She turns every argument to my fault.

Uses my weakness for my child to blackmail me into what I never intended to do in the first place and when I don't bend she cries foul

I'm always the villain... While she's the victim.

"They often speak of how selfless they are and how cruel everyone around them is. Maybe even hint how ungrateful you have been. They keep a record of every single sacrifice made and display it as their prized possession"

I swear the above is on point but if only they know the untold sacrifices a man has made just for things to be smooth 😀

"Such people find it very hard to admit their mistakes or apologize for them. Also when caught in an unfavourable situation, they “play dumb” and start playing the victim card"

I remember when her cheating was exposed at the beginning of everything and up till date she never agreed to it labelling it a fling that happened before we met... She even had the nerve to inform her mother to call me. I still dumped her. I wish she'd stayed that way but no...

Well, thank God it's all over now.. This should have made front page 📃

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by ceejay80s(m): 5:59am On Nov 15, 2023
dkidd:
100%. She turns every argument to my fault.

Uses my weakness for my child to blackmail me into what I never intended to do in the first place and when I don't bend she cries foul

I'm always the villain... While she's the victim.

"They often speak of how selfless they are and how cruel everyone around them is. Maybe even hint how ungrateful you have been. They keep a record of every single sacrifice made and display it as their prized possession"

I swear the above is on point but if only they know the untold sacrifices a man has made just for things to be smooth 😀

"Such people find it very hard to admit their mistakes or apologize for them. Also when caught in an unfavourable situation, they “play dumb” and start playing the victim card"

I remember when her cheating was exposed at the beginning of everything and up till date she never agreed to it labelling it a fling that happened before we met... She even had the nerve to inform her mother to call me. I still dumped her. I wish she'd stayed that way but no...

Well, thank God it's all over now.. This should have made front page 📃

Mods will not push to front page because women are the accused, if it were the men it would have made front page since 1983
Re: 8 Signs Of A Manipulative Wife by Blackmoran(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2023
In summary to the article.... To handle a manipulative woman or man... Learn how to say NO! Without caring about emotions....

(1) (Reply)

Merry Xmas To Ya'll! / London Wedding / School And Family Grapple With Death Of 7-year-old Who Was Struck By A Fire Truc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.