Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? (29482 Views)

What Did You Study In School And What Are You Doing Presently? Let's Discuss. / Access Bank On Another Sacking Spree. Over 300 Staffs Laid Off. / Mother And Son Called To Bar Same Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by omoredia: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
E be like sey u dont know the damage Tinubu and APC has done to the average business owner in this country

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Lordsonn: 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
You cause it by telling it to the ears of wicked people. That's what I saw in the spirit realm concerning this

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by obi58: 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
N'a wa o for Nigeria....

3 sets of interview for 25k job...

Wahalurrr
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Rilwayne001: 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
When I finished my OND, I was looking for where to do my IT.

Then a friend of my brother told me he found a job for me, where they sell paints. The pay according to him was 15k and that he would take me there the following day.

I was really happy and I put all my soul into expecting to start the work.

The following day came, but he didn’t show up. Called and called but no response.

For two weeks I kept called this guy, but e no show up.

I was already getting depressed. Lol

When he eventually did show up, baba didn’t say the job wasn’t available again, baba said we would be going the following day. The following day came, but still didn’t show up. Omo!!!

I almost entered depression. Lmao

Remembering those dark days, I just have to thank God for where I am today.

I’m not there yet, but broooooooooo, we’ve move reality up the ladder. Alhamdulillah

3 Likes

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by CloudTrees(f): 6:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
Don't worry
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by BoldBrainz(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Often amazes me how Nigeria is so messed up to the point youths can actually be working for 25K per month.

That's approximately 25 dollars with today's exchange rate.

You're basically meant to survive on less than a dollar daily. Darn!!

5 Likes

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by sedIoyol(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Sorry to hear about this
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Giftexx: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
Hmmm....
Did you make any unhealthy gossip at your new place..?
What about your general hygienic state?

I once fired someone who always went to the toilet and left his untidiness visible to everyone despite having a good and efficient lavatory in place.
It's well.. wen he said he'll liaise with some people to learn graphics, I need wahala was around d corner
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by jubrilELsudan: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
AS E BE SO YOU GO GO DO THANKSGIVING OOOO CAUSE NA SACRIFICE DEM BEEN WAN USE YOU DO OOOO

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Dshocker(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Intellectuals and the good people of nairaland. I just experienced one of the biggest shocks of my life.

As a student of the federal university, I saw a publication for the post of a front desk at a big cyber cafe close to the north wing of our school gate. I applied and followed the recruitment exercise which took 3 weeks of test and interview.

Out of 15 of us that applied for the job of 25k per month, I was picked. I loved it because it only start from 4pm till 9pm. Normally our lectures is from 7am till 1pm. I was happy because it will help me save for my school fees and I hoped to liaison with the students there to learn graphic designing. A skill I love but finance is a burden to enrol and to get a PC.

I was told to resume on Monday. I went there in the evening and the owner came and say my services are no longer needed. I was shocked. I asked him what I did? He didn't answer me. It was the other staff, the manager that told me he will communicate it to me. From Monday till now, I didn't hear from them.

Please, what should I do? I am confused. For those who had similar experience what was your cause. I am so so sad with this. My hope is dashed.

Congratulations OP..... You just won yourself Guinness book of world record, for the fastest employment and sack
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
This is the reason Labour union NLC exists
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by STEWpid(f): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:
Intellectuals and the good people of nairaland. I just experienced one of the biggest shocks of my life.

As a student of the federal university, I saw a publication for the post of a front desk at a big cyber cafe close to the north wing of our school gate. I applied and followed the recruitment exercise which took 3 weeks of test and interview.

Out of 15 of us that applied for the job of 25k per month, I was picked. I loved it because it only start from 4pm till 9pm. Normally our lectures is from 7am till 1pm. I was happy because it will help me save for my school fees and I hoped to liaison with the students there to learn graphic designing. A skill I love but finance is a burden to enrol and to get a PC.

I was told to resume on Monday. I went there in the evening and the owner came and say my services are no longer needed. I was shocked. I asked him what I did? He didn't answer me. It was the other staff, the manager that told me he will communicate it to me. From Monday till now, I didn't hear from them.

Please, what should I do? I am confused. For those who had similar experience what was your cause. I am so so sad with this. My hope is dashed.

Which of the Federal Universities??

Anyway, it's not a big deal.

Plans are based on budget, and if the budget couldn't meet up, there will be change of plans.

Shikena.

Chai..
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by quickly: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Nothing u can do

It has happened to me before

I was given a job offer and I accepted

I agreed start date. I negotiated with them when I would start. I had a family burial on that day and I told them I will start a few days after. It was a fresh graduate job.

I got an email the Monday before start date that the offer was rescinded.

I moved on , it’s one of those experiences that you will laugh about in the future.

Keep going don’t stop

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
BigBashiru:

Maybe he changed his mind and decided to do the job himself....has nothing to do with you....
Either way, he deserved an explanation and apology at least. The owner owed him that much

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by erai30(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
Short time okpo
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Way4orward: 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2023
Add the experience to your CV

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by concho(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
Did you mention that you are a student from onset ?

2 Likes

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by thatcardude: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
Eyaah
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by SalamRushdie: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
Anybody that will make you come to interview for 3 weeks because of 25k work will not be a good boss

8 Likes

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by VinnyBaba: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
He probably Had a Rethink and Felt 25K is too BIG to pay you. 😕😒
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by potland: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
God has something bigger in store for you..

That 25k you wait for Full 30 days to collect

Oloshos make that on a weekend night

So God no go want make you dey suffer

Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise
you dey collect fone number from roadside olosho?
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Ashirioluwa: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
@alexxx2000

Stop overthinking about what happened; you did nothing wrong.

I know situations like this are painful, but there’s nothing you can do other than move on.

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by VinnyBaba: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Often amazes me how Nigeria is so messed up to the point youths can actually be working for 25K per month.

That's approximately 25 dollars with today's exchange rate.

You're basically meant to survive on less than a dollar daily. Darn!!

Ogbeni, some Pple (Graduates) still do 17K Jobs!😒

Many Polytechnic Graduates in my Hood are IDLE!. 😔

Either They Do it or Go into YAHOO or Bet9Ja Hustle!. 😕🤨

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
Hope you didn't go near your girlfriend in the night
You need to prepare ahead with prayers if you believe in Prayers anyway ....

Life happens spiritually, we only do the remaining physically.....
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by brainhgeek(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
Did you sign any contract before taking the job or was it a verbal offer?

1 Like

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Coolgent(m): 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

It is blessing in disguise!
I was once in your exact shoe, but now the table has turned.
Today I am grateful to God that i wasn't offered that job
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Judolisco(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

jst move on and concentrate on ur studies... U r 2 young to be saying ur hope is dashed
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by Roger3D(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2023
Alexxx2000:

Shiit happens. Welcome to the adult world kiddo
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by inkon: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2023

Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by ZiktotheWorld: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
Try to make enquiry, on your Soon-to-be Boss!
Probably,Some of his other Colleagues don't see you as one who's capable of doing the job, and suggested he layed you off...

Ask that man well..
Re: What Did I Do Wrong, That I Was Hired And Laid-off Same Day? by obaidan: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
na u be the MVP, World Best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Make Per Month / Civil Servants, Military To Experience Delay In May Salaries / Nigerian Man Without Legs Works As Driver (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.