Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month (16930 Views)

Jubril Gawat: Lagos Blue Line Rail Will Be Electric / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Blue Line Rail Project Is Currently At 90% Completion / Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by RevDesm0ndJuju: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
marticeus:
And that wouldn't have been possible if not because of the oil revenue coming from the East and Mid west. When you are rejoicing and shouting, good if you will know the source and how it came to be. Your ancestors will not tell you the bitter truth.

Which Yeast?

SS is not yeast

You idiots have been forcing this nonesense these days and are assuming your dead weight yeast as an oil producing region.

Stop this nonesense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by johnjose68: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
Lanrelagboi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GXxaDbQjbY?si=zng6ijszDZykW86f

The Commercial Operations for the Lagos #BlueLineRail commenced exactly 1 month ago.

So far, Over 350 trips have been made.

Zero incident(s)

Over 75,000 passengers

Over 3.8Million Cowry cards collected

Plans to increase the frequency soon.

Plans to add more trains soon.

#GreaterLagosRising

Posted By Jubril Gawat On Twitter (X)

I.pob...oya news is available for your wailing grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Germi9: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
You mean Lagos blue locomotive rail line?
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by famology(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2023
Some people who are programmed for bitterness will still find a way to cry on this thread. Dem truly swear for una. How do you attract anything good in your life with that kind of negative energy? Tueeeeh.....

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by RevDesm0ndJuju: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2023
07kjb:
That's good

That's the real investment

Now imagine if the federal government had connected a rail line from Lagos to EAST or ABUJA TO EAST

Nobody is wasting a dime anymore on your useless yeast.

Keep waiting for Abuja to fix your welfare case region.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Incredible128: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2023
Although I applaud the initiative, the main thing should how to maximise it's revenue so it would be able to pay for repairs, other costs, while generate profit/revenue for the government. I pray doesn't end up like the Abuja-kaduna railine thing
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Sannisege: 10:49am On Oct 05, 2023
Adjovi:
It's not the using it that is the problem but it's maintenance. We know how bad we are with maintenance in this country.
werey, if people no use am, where them wan get money maintain am. Alo ri eyin IPOB ti buru.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by OsunOriginal: 10:49am On Oct 05, 2023
marticeus:
And that wouldn't have been possible if not because of the oil revenue coming from the East and Mid west. When you are rejoicing and shouting, good if you will know the source and how it came to be. Your ancestors will not tell you the bitter truth.

See foolishness at its zenith.
I didn't know Lagos is the only state receiving oil money. Those hyenas (jungle scavengers) receiving 13% derivation every month, what have they done with it?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by tubolancer(m): 10:51am On Oct 05, 2023
Brendaniel:
In Nigeria, I don't know why some people don't ask questions when things are done especially by the government.

For me I don't really see this project as a sustainable one except modifications are made even at that the project was highly inflated, that alone might make the entire project fail in the long run.

It is not enough to just claim and brag about having something but keeping and making it self sustainable is more important.
Lagos will maintain it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Larryndelaw: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2023
christejames:
Has the electric engine been incorporated into the transit? undecided

Because the billions of dollars spent is for electric trains, we won't take this diesel engine trains they claim they want to start with angry

Give us our electric trains🚉 🚉! We should start being accountable for whatever we propose.
Have you finished?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Desusi: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2023
Lagos the pace setters.she leads others follow.We expect more, as its said,to whom much is given, much is expected of him.Bravo. EKO KO NI BAJE OO.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Cantonese: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Nah only brewery ?

There are mgbekes servicing stations across Lagos.

Visit one and you may find your future wife there.

So that is where you got your present wife from? What a very nice move.

Now you can see that brewery business is very good business. Please continue enjoying your mgbeke wife. Remember to always give her some shepe and paraga for better performance.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by sulaak(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2023
christejames:

Because the billions of dollars spent is for electric trains, we won't take this diesel engine trains they claim they want to start with angry

Give us our electric trains🚉 🚉! We should start being accountable for whatever we propose.

Diesel or Electric, what is the difference? As long as it works, who cares? Diesel is more reliable in Nigeria, but if electric will be the main. Power, then, has to be reliable and efficient.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by AbujaLagos: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2023
How I wish Lagos is entire Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by RevDesm0ndJuju: 10:59am On Oct 05, 2023
Germi9:
You mean Lagos blue locomotive rail line?

Which one you get ?
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by danielistics(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2023
christejames:

It's ready, just doing some test running.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by danielistics(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2023
christejames:

It's ready, just doing some test running

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Allisgud: 11:01am On Oct 05, 2023
If they had one more train danfo no get passenger again to mile axis,there will be competition and this will force them to drop their tfare
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by beyondPen(m): 11:02am On Oct 05, 2023
Brendaniel:
In Nigeria, I don't know why some people don't ask questions when things are done especially by the government.

For me I don't really see this project as a sustainable one except modifications are made even at that the project was highly inflated, that alone might make the entire project fail in the long run.

It is not enough to just claim and brag about having something but keeping and making it self sustainable is more important.

Only people from south East will talk like this.

Quick to criticize other region but want to glorify their so-called region.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by anonymous1759(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Everyone wish lagos well if lagos succeed its a good thing. Ur responsibility is to bring everyone together and stop ur useless tribal war it make u look stupid

As a human you face challenges I believe you still have secrets despite everything that happens to you . But some are happier to hear negative news than positive. If you think patriotism don’t play In national building then don’t quote me everything is not tribal war . People that posted that picture should repost this recent one and apologize for slandering Lagos state government if not then they’re hypocrites.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Allisgud: 11:05am On Oct 05, 2023
Sonwoolu u collected money for electric train u go buy diesel train where is the balance
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by beyondPen(m): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2023
Lanretoye:
Some fools that will still benefit more from it will still come and tell you the rail has been there since when lagos was the federal capital.

They dont know it is these sorts of infrastructure that is making the Southwest favorable for living.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by delpee(f): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2023
Good progress! Hope the Red line will come on board soon.

The darkness at night is too much. Are there no lights on the Marina flyover?
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by seanfer(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2023
marticeus:

I guess the places where the oil is coming from are not getting Monthly allocation, 13% derivation funds? How come they can use that money to do something good for their people.,.....
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Ashirioluwa: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2023
Good one, but I still believe that is an extremely low number, especially considering the money involved in setting up this project and the population of Lagos State.

350 trips and 75,000 passengers in a month. That's an average of about 12 trips and 2486 passengers per day.

To end the monopoly of commercial vehicles in Lagos, more trips must be added.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by BreconHills(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

Please explain why the project is unsustainable?
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Hotfreezing: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2023
Cantonese:

And products from the brewery are sold in garages / parks all over Lagos to agberos and touts, thereby helping the IGR of their state. Do you now see that breweries are good businesses? By the way have you seen how mad men prowl around Lagos daily after too much shekpe and paraga from breweries too? Do you now see how wise that Messiah is?

By the way are breweries not better than cocaine and forgery? That’s what your own messiah is accused of, bringing international disgrace to the entire country. Which now is better?

See an Igbo man defending a brewery over rail infrastructure.

I pity your generations. That are already disadvantaged before being born.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by ppogba: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

What makes it un- sustainable?

Whatt modifications are you expecting?

Will a mass exodus out of Lagos you see in your dreams make it die suddenly?

Is there any mass transit plan that will render it useless?

Have you seen the perennial Lagos traffic disappear in your dreams to make is unattractive to passengers again?

Do you even know the perculiarity of the route it covers in terms of human and vehicular traffic?

It seems the bragging about the BL that is your headache. Try and get a paracetamol for that first.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by tabaralph: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2023
Adjovi:

APC supporters as usual nothing in their head. So to you Nigeria has a good maintenance culture? What level of stupidity can you guys actually get to?
Ewu he goat, what have your state governments both past and present done in your region, obi used state government fund to build brewery when he was governor so that your father would get drunk and not be able to reason like a human being while Tinubu was busy planning for the railway you and your useless and headless Luuupeee are enjoying today…. Ogun kiiiil you there, quote me again and thunder will strike your generation dead

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Adjovi: 11:20am On Oct 05, 2023
tabaralph:

Ewu he goat, what have your state governments both past and present done in your region, obi used state government fund to build brewery when he was governor so that your father would get drunk and not be able to reason like a human being while Tinubu was busy planning for the railway you and your useless and headless Luuupeee are enjoying today…. Ogun kiiiil you there, quote me again and thunder will strike your generation dead

Omo ode I'm a Yoruba boy born in Lagos. You APC supporters are truly brainless o. Ori yin ti daru baje
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by tabaralph: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2023
ppogba:

What makes it un- sustainable?

Whatt modifications are you expecting?

Will a mass exodus out of Lagos you see in your dreams make it die suddenly?

Is there any mass transit plan that will render it useless?

Have you seen the perennial Lagos traffic disappear in your dreams to make is unattractive to passengers again?

Do you even know the perculiarity of the route it covers in terms of human and vehicular traffic?

It seems the bragging about the BL that is your headache. Try and get a paracetamol for that first.
Don’t mind the idiots, when Tinubu was laying foundation for the railway Peter obi was using the state funds to build brewery to get them drunk, let them leave Lagos and go back to Anambra to drink their hope beer they refused

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking: Bagudu Wins APC Guber Ticket 24 Hours After Leaving PDP / Sheriff Gains Control Of Party’s National secretariat / Ikoyi Billions: We Will Speak Soon - EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.