Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month (16952 Views)

Jubril Gawat: Lagos Blue Line Rail Will Be Electric / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos Blue Line Rail Project Is Currently At 90% Completion / Amaechi: Lagos-ibadan Trains Carried 42,000 Passengers In June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Raf4: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
Brendaniel:
In Nigeria, I don't know why some people don't ask questions when things are done especially by the government.

For me I don't really see this project as a sustainable one except modifications are made even at that the project was highly inflated, that alone might make the entire project fail in the long run.

It is not enough to just claim and brag about having something but keeping and making it self sustainable is more important.

No one needs your advice in Lagos. Take your advice to your state governor and let them apply to whatever they can call project over there.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by RevDesm0ndJuju: 6:23pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dshocker:

Building it is not the issue, but maintaining it.

What about your own state government, why haven't they built in your state?

Can you mention another state that operates this, apart from Lagos?

My brother, you no get talk for mouth.

Ohu rest
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Dshocker(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Ohu rest

Ekwensu
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Brendaniel: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Which country are you currently?

Nigeria
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by RevDesm0ndJuju: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
Dshocker:

Ekwensu

Ohu rest
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Yinksy09(m): 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
This is good news.

Once I board the blue rail line train, I will just listen to music using my freepods 4 till I get to my destination.

Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Brendaniel: 9:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
ppogba:

What makes it un- sustainable?

Whatt modifications are you expecting?

Will a mass exodus out of Lagos you see in your dreams make it die suddenly?

Is there any mass transit plan that will render it useless?

Have you seen the perennial Lagos traffic disappear in your dreams to make is unattractive to passengers again?

Do you even know the perculiarity of the route it covers in terms of human and vehicular traffic?

It seems the bragging about the BL that is your headache. Try and get a paracetamol for that first.

There is a lot I would have loved to explain to you but because of time right now, I also spoke about the Lagos taxi project when they launched it in 2021, after reading the terms and conditions involved I said it was likely going to fail except they modify it and 2 years later the project is nothing to write about.

Though I like all the questions you asked I would have really loved to answer them one by one but I'm quite busy right now
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Brendaniel: 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
BreconHills:

Please explain why the project is unsustainable?

I would have loved to give you a full explanation but I'm quite busy right now, but there are 3 things that I have identified in the project that might make it unsustainable in the long run

1. The cost of the project

2. The daily running cost( mainly Power and management)

3. The targeted amount of passengers( which will be determined by the cost of the fare )

I would have loved to break it down properly but like I said I am quite busy, I am not against the project, it is a good one but I look at sustainability because at the end if the project fails it is money loss for the government and the people....
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Dsimmer: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
Beremx:
Nice one.
I'm planning to take a trip with my son soon. The young man wants a train ride badly. He has seen train tracks but haven't seen a train before. Lagos State will make it happen for him. grin grin

No one should attack me please. I have malaria biko

That's Tinubu's legacy!
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by AbuAeesha: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2023
christejames:
Has the electric engine been incorporated into the transit? undecided

Because the billions of dollars spent is for electric trains, we won't take this diesel engine trains they claim they want to start with angry

Oga,you and who won't take diesel engine trains?
Whose opinion was considered at the beginning?

Give us our electric trains🚉 🚉! We should start being accountable for whatever we propose.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by vislabraye(m): 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
misreal:
Lagos na better place walai
This rail that was started by Jakande but Truncated by PMB is now the talk if town. Just imagine how far we would have gone by now. Smh
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Dcaliphate(m): 10:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Jealousy kill you wherever you are.
Stupidity kill you wherever u are
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by BreconHills(m): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Brendaniel:

I would have loved to give you a full explanation but I'm quite busy right now, but there are 3 things that I have identified in the project that might make it unsustainable in the long run

1. The cost of the project

2. The daily running cost( mainly Power and management)

3. The targeted amount of passengers( which will be determined by the cost of the fare )

I would have loved to break it down properly but like I said I am quite busy, I am not against the project, it is a good one but I look at sustainability because at the end if the project fails it is money loss for the government and the people....

There are 25m people in Lagos and obviously the pricing has been pitched right because the trains are full and the government is moving to increase the running times

Concept proven.

Meanwhile government is moving to clear the routes of traders on the lines so that it can move to the available full electric, remove the two heavy diesel engines and with the reduction on weight, increase the number of coaches.

There are no payments for cash so no room for leakages at the point of sale.

Finally the value of a train route improves with the expansion of the network. The Red line will up ery shortly.

Some of the people working on this project have advanced mass transit degrees. They honestly know what they are doing. This is patently obvious from the project design and implementation so far.

Does it mean the project cannot fail? No. But it is too early to blow that trumpet as its been a good start. Improvements are possible and this is where I think our attention should be focused.
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Brendaniel: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2023
BreconHills:

There are 25m people in Lagos and obviously the pricing has been pitched right because the trains are full and the government is moving to increase the running times

Concept proven.

Meanwhile government is moving to clear the routes of traders on the lines so that it can move to the available full electric, remove the two heavy diesel engines and with the reduction on weight, increase the number of coaches.

There are no payments for cash so no room for leakages at the point of sale.

Finally the value of a train route improves with the expansion of the network. The Red line will up ery shortly.

Some of the people working on this project have advanced mass transit degrees. They honestly know what they are doing. This is patently obvious from the project design and implementation so far.

Does it mean the project cannot fail? No. But it is too early to blow that trumpet as its been a good start. Improvements are possible and this is where I think our attention should be focused.

You made very good points but I still feel the project isn't on the right footing as at now but things can change....
Re: Lagos Blue Line Rail, Makes 350 Trips With Over 75,000 Passengers In One Month by Horus(m): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4NCngFuYTU?si=sfeNWMvhXU2oMbhO

Lagos Blue line Trains finally running on electricity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Restores Funding For 13 Health Regulators / Bianca's Tribute To Ikemba (so Touching) / Anambra: INEC Reschedules Voting In 65 Wards To Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.