Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Christ At Creation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ At Creation (3265 Views)

Reno Omokri Interviews Lincoln Brewster: I Gave My Life To Christ At 19 / ISIS Causes Iraqis To Turn To Christ At A "Stunning Pace" / Conquering Sickness & Disease By Jesus Christ At Frac On Sat.sun Nov 20/21, 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25am On Nov 13, 2013
Christ at Creation
November 12, 2013

"When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep" (Proverbs 8:27-28)

This chapter contains a beautiful description of some of God’s works during the creation week when God, in Christ, was creating and making all things. Christ Himself, personified as the divine wisdom, the word of God, is speaking.

Verse 27 speaks of His pre-existence before the creation of the space/time universe itself. At first the “earth” matter was “without form,” with only a great “deep” of water. Then God “set a compass” on the face of the deep, activating the gravitational forces which brought it into spherical form. The Hebrew word for “compass” means “sphere.” It is the same word used in Isaiah 40:22, where it is said that God “sitteth upon the circle [i.e., ‘sphere’] of the earth.”

Then God “established the clouds above.” The word for “clouds” means “thin mists,” undoubtedly referring to the great water canopy “above the firmament” (Genesis 1:7). Finally, He strengthened the fountains of the deep, locking them under the “foundations of the earth” (Proverbs 8:29). The same strong fountains of the deep would later be broken up at the time of the great Flood. When the earth was finished, He “rejoiced in the habitable part of his earth” (i.e., Proverbs 8:31).

In all these and the other mighty works of creating and making all things, the Lord Jesus Christ assures us “I was there!” That further assures us, of course, that through all the ages to come, He will be there.

This remarkable eighth chapter of Proverbs concludes with the following exhortation, more relevant today than ever: “For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all that hate me love death” (Proverbs 8:35-36). HMM

For more . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 13, 2013
It is interesting to know that Our Lord has always bn dier n will continue to be, the prophets of the old testament have always written about Him(Jesus) n it all happens lyk dat. May His holy name be praised ..... Amen

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by nedostic: 1:33am On Nov 13, 2013
@Olaadegbu,

This post of yours remains for now the best post I have ever read from you.

Even though sometimes I do not wholly buy your interpretation of the Bible your zeal for Gods word cum 'online' evangelism is quite up there!
Remain blessed sir!!
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 13, 2013
Utter nonsense and charlatanry at it's very worst.

You know absolutely nothing about your religion in general or the Book of Proverbs in particular. If you did, you could not make such a brazenly false assertion. There is not even the merest of a hint of the pre-existence of Jesus in the Book of Proverbs. The central theme of the book is the dramatic personification of wisdom and folly, it is a collection of "Biblical wisdom tradition" and a codex for order. In addition huge swathes of the Book is a re-heating of the Egyptian administrative pamphlet The Instructions of Amenemopet. The verse you have manipulated does not establish the pre-existence of Jesus, it is a narrative of Wisdom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christ At Creation by Ndipe(m): 2:27am On Nov 13, 2013
I love Jesus Christ. Today I was just reflecting on the Love He has for us that He left His Glorious Throne to die for us. Praise Him in the Highest, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 13, 2013
Sarassin: Utter nonsense and charlatanry at it's very worst.

You know absolutely nothing about your religion in general or the Book of Proverbs in particular. If you did, you could not make such a brazenly false assertion. There is not even the merest of a hint of the pre-existence of Jesus in the Book of Proverbs. The central theme of the book is the dramatic personification of wisdom and folly, it is a collection of "Biblical wisdom tradition" and a codex for order. In addition huge swathes of the Book is a re-heating of the Egyptian administrative pamphlet The Instructions of Amenemopet. The verse you have manipulated does not establish the pre-existence of Jesus, it is a narrative of Wisdom.

awesome...tell them!!
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dap07:
awesome...tell them!!

Thank you.
Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
"When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep"

Thats Orunmila- God of wisdom and knowledge talking
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
macof:

Thats Orunmila- God of wisdom and knowledge talking

grin
Re: Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pathfinder1:

It is interesting to know that Our Lord has always bn dier n will continue to be, the prophets of the old testament have always written about Him(Jesus) n it all happens lyk dat. May His holy name be praised ..... Amen

Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever and mighty to save. cheesy
Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus, the same yesterday, today and forever and mighty to save. cheesy

Yes he remains dead like he was yesterday, and remains like that today. I don't know about forever, because he could reincarnate anytime
Re: Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
macof:

Yes he remains dead like he was yesterday, and remains like that today. I don't know about forever, because he could reincarnate anytime

He is alive foremore! cheesy

Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 12:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Then let him show himself
Re: Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

Then let him show himself

Are you still waiting for a sign?

2 Likes

Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
I Know God exist. However God is not Jesus, and it's Jesus am talking about.

If he is still alive let him show up.

I can say my grand father is alive but let him show up and people would belief
Re: Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
macof:

I Know God exist. However God is not Jesus, and it's Jesus am talking about.

His tomb is empty. He's not there, He's risen. Hallelujah!

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

His tomb is empty. He's not there, He's risen. Hallelujah!

My grandfather's grave is empty, he's not there, he's risen. Ope fun OLUWA!
Re: Christ At Creation by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
nedostic:

@Olaadegbu,

This post of yours remains for now the best post I have ever read from you.

Even though sometimes I do not wholly buy your interpretation of the Bible your zeal for Gods word cum 'online' evangelism is quite up there!
Remain blessed sir!!

God bless you for your encouragement. We may not agree on every subject but this attitude of yours is what we need in the body of Christ.
Re: Christ At Creation by Emusan(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2013
macof: I Know God exist. However God is not Jesus, and it's Jesus am talking about.

I can see you truly have problem not with Jesus but with yourself........you know what I mean?

They way Atheist are saying God should show up......does it make God shows up? No.....so if you want Jesus to show up believe in Him and He will surely do so......He promised whosoever believe in Him He and His Father will manifest themself unto him/her.

I can't stop laughing....please begin to tell people that your grandpa is alive and he can save you from your sin.....that's a good move
Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Emusan:

I can see you truly have problem not with Jesus but with yourself........you know what I mean?

They way Atheist are saying God should show up......does it make God shows up? No.....so if you want Jesus to show up believe in Him and He will surely do so......He promised whosoever believe in Him He and His Father will manifest themself unto him/her.

I can't stop laughing....please begin to tell people that your grandpa is alive and he can save you from your sin.....that's a good move

I don't know wat u mean
I believed in Jesus, since I knew how to speak, however he never showed himself, not even once.

However I have believed Orunmila for less than two years and he has shown himself despite me not being initiated

I can't start preaching that my alive grandpa can save because I am not deluded like u Christians
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
macof:

I don't know wat u mean
I believed in Jesus, since I knew how to speak, however he never showed himself, not even once.

However I have believed Orunmila for less than two years and he has shown himself despite me not being initiated

I can't start preaching that my alive grandpa can save because I am not deluded like u Christians
Can you tell us how your idol showed himself

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by Gombs(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bidam: Can you tell us how your idol showed himself

grin grin
nice question, which I'd carefully and eagerly wait for an answer

his idol or his god must be an interesting talk for the evening

3 Likes

Re: Christ At Creation by Gombs(m): 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Are you still waiting for a sign?

you answered him as Jesus would! grin

2 Likes

Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Nothing like idol.
Do you just expect me to believe in Jesus.who is he?where does he comes from?my grandfather told me that he is Jesus Christ,so i can't worship my grandfather.

If u guys weren't born as xtians am sure u wouldn't have been a xtian.most of you are xtains cos ur fathers and mothers are xtians.

.you said mcof is worshipping idols,that fine,whenever he calls on them they answer him.whenever i call on Jesus he doesn't answer.

The people performing signs and wonders got dia powers from those things u call IDOLS.
the thing u called bible,are written by people like you,they add and remove whatever you like.

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
What makes me angry most is when xtians quote verses from the bible for me.
Re: Christ At Creation by Gombs(m): 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Arcsniper: Nothing like idol.
Do you just expect me to believe in Jesus.who is he?where does he comes from?my grandfather told me that he is Jesus Christ,so i can't worship my grandfather.

If u guys weren't born as xtians am sure u wouldn't have been a xtian.most of you are xtains cos ur fathers and mothers are xtians.

.you said mcof is worshipping idols,that fine,whenever he calls on them they answer him.whenever i call on Jesus he doesn't answer.

The people performing signs and wonders got dia powers from those things u call IDOLS.
the thing u called bible,are written by people like you,they add and remove whatever you like.

that is why i always say, thank God i Knew Christ...if not, i would have been somewhere typing what you just typed.
you can never understand Christianity with the senses, nor with your thoughts, that is why Christianity is not a religion. you dont see that macof dont see his god when he calls, yet believe him for protection and all, abi his god physically shows up in times of need?, yet u question why i believe Jesus?

And BTW, below is pastor Chris at 9 grin

1 Like

Re: Christ At Creation by macof(m): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bidam: Can you tell us how your idol showed himself

Are u intelligent(not foolish)? Do u strive to acquire wisdom? Do u know ur destiny? have u made a wrong discussion that affected ur life negatively?
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs:

that is why i always say, thank God i Knew Christ...if not, i would have been somewhere typing what you just typed.
you can never understand Christianity with the senses, nor with your thoughts, that is why Christianity is not a religion. you dont see that macof dont see his god when he calls, yet believe him for protection and all, abi his god physically shows up in times of need?, yet u question why i believe Jesus?

And BTW, below is pastor Chris at 9 grin

thank God u know Christ.
thank God i don't know Christ.
U are going to heaven,am going to hell fire.

Pastor Chris. Pastor Chris life doesn't portrait the life of a Good xtian to me.so why showing me his pix.

I have never been to babalawo house for protection,why would i when am not a pastor/imam.i don't need powers to heal people.

The people claiming to know Jesus are the ones causing troubles,fornicating,theirs life is confusing.

Dead pastors preaching dead messages to dead souls in dead churches.

Hahahahahahahh.
Av heard a pastors committing suicide..watin do dem??

I don't think any xtian will make heaven.cos most of them don't what to obey
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2013
macof:

Are u intelligent(not foolish)? Do u strive to acquire wisdom? Do u know ur destiny? have u made a wrong discussion that affected ur life negatively?
could you pls answer my question before i attend to urs? Thanks.
Re: Christ At Creation by Emusan(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
macof:

I don't know wat u mean

OK since you don't know let me tell you, I ssimply mean the sleepless night you have put yourself into.

The questions are;
Do you really believe in Jesus as you claimed or just a church goer?
Is your life in accordance with that path of Him?

I believe Orunmila didn't show up just like that, you need to follow some step(s) so do Jesus. But why Orunmila didn't reveal himself to the world except only you?

Why not you can;
Thank God that I'm deluded but remember the way Orunmila revealled Himself to you Jesus Christ has also revealed Himself to me....so if I'm deluded so be you....
Re: Christ At Creation by Gombs(m): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
Bidam: could you pls answer my question before i attend to urs? Thanks.

I tire o!
Re: Christ At Creation by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
I need someone to quote sumtin about my previous comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Basic Frame Of The Bible. / Can A Person Be A Christian And Not Born Again? / God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.