Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,093 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe (15926 Views)

Why We Fined, Flogged Ladies For Indecent Dressing – Warri Youth Leader / Mugabekazi Lilliane Sentenced To 2 Years In Jail For Indecent Dressing In Rwanda / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by FireUpNow(m): 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2023
Let your wife and daughters keep dressing this way
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by TruthsFM: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2023
Roger3D:
Well they dress and act like whores
yes
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by NaijaCover(m): 4:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by DissTroy(m): 4:42pm On Oct 05, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Indecent Dressing borders on Morality & not Legality. No part of Nigeria Constitution condemns it.

The Nigerian Criminal Code has a law on public indecent exposure and indecent acts.

Do read it. Not a justification for harassment but it's enforceable.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by toxtimmy: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2023
Haha... this guy na mumu.

If 10 or 20 people call am at the same time how does he want to handle the 10 calls at the same time?

So basically what he is saying is there is no discipline amongst his officers as they don't listen or follow rules and policies of the police.

Which officer have dey disciplined for this ever this comments he made?

Honestly, I feel this is madness, he will investigate not try and take a cut of the settlement from arresting officer.

In my life time various IGPs have given orders as to no roadblocks but all I see everyday is illegal road blocks... if dey don't obey IGP na who dem go obey?... the Nigerian police fish is rotten from top to bottom

TruthsFM:
Indecent dressing is not an offense. No police officer has the right to harass you over it — Delta PPRO, Bright Edafe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs65QFc3J8Q

Source: DSP Bright Edafe PPRO DELTA STATE (Twitter)
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by toxtimmy: 4:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
Okay
..sharia against police officeslrs that wear slippers, open shirt, drinking with uniform n, taking bribes while pointing gun at you...etc etc...

Okay I agree and let's go sharia on police officers...thank you

Splitmind:
This is why we need sharia in southern Nigeria.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Fearlez: 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
We don't need the police to tell us this if Nigeria is not a daft country
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by GanagiBitrus: 5:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
DissTroy:

The Nigerian Criminal Code has a law on public indecent exposure and indecent acts.

Do read it. Not a justification for harassment but it's enforceable.
Kindly post this section of the Law. We all learn everyday.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by whitejs: 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Lagos girls walking nàked in the coming weeks, I see sex starved guys handling their breasts, I see the police picking up these girls under the guise of safe keeping to go and press their breasts and nyash in their stations.

I see the price of condoms skyrocketing, I see youths protesting about the increment of condoms, I see Tinubu sharing free condoms as palliatives, I see the youths promising to vote for him for 2nd term.

This I have seen.

grin
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by DissTroy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Kindly post this section of the Law. We all learn everyday.

The section of the law is stated therein.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/women-fashion-and-law-of-indecent-exposure/

https://thenigerialawyer.com/prohibition-of-indecent-exposure/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2702686336

Even cross dressing is criminal (Bobrisky was arrested for it in 2011) but since Buhari's era, we have been lax on it.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Pharaohny: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2023
who take this OPONU seriously
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by begge: 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2023
E be like say dis officer don first patronise okpo before or maybe he get okpo lady
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Felaincarnated: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
Uniform Armed robbers.
WhisperedNoise:
The police should stop making statements like these. They cannot defend it.
Everyday in this country, young people driving good cars are being harassed for being financially free. The police should first educate its officers.
Many policemen are hoodlums and thugs in uniform.

Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Indecent doesn't mean illegal.
Please tell him.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by GanagiBitrus: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
DissTroy:

The section of the law is stated therein.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/women-fashion-and-law-of-indecent-exposure/

https://thenigerialawyer.com/prohibition-of-indecent-exposure/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2702686336

Even cross dressing is criminal (Bobrisky was arrested for it in 2011) but since Buhari's era, we have been lax on it.

Thanks for the post. It confirms there is a law against Indecent Exposure, which has to do with exposing genitals (private parts)

However, From the post...
The question thus will be, can the woman’s breast be considered a private part and what parts of the body can be considered private to prove indecent dressing?
This is where the problem is - How do you prove Indecent Dressing? Someone putting on so called "Indecent Dressing" may not necessarily be exposing genitals.
So except for cases where the genitals are exposed, it is impossible to prove "Indecent Dressing"
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by drololaaof: 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
TruthsFM:
This police officer don talk his own, I hope other police officers will abide by his words
That's true talk ,when their superiors IG talk dem no dey obey .
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by TruthsFM: 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2023
drololaaof:

That's true talk ,when their superiors IG talk dem no dey obey .
yes
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by thatigboman: 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
CelestineNelson:
Let his wife walk naked to his office to say hi to his colleagues first...Strange men trying to teach sanity that does not exist
that's public nudity not inappropriate dressing
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by tafat: 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2023
Make police catch you first, then you'll know if it's an offence or not. 😂
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by olayinka63: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2023
ovie8200:

Fuc.k you! Let useless people control your life in the north. We are Christians and live our lives freely. Nobody shouldn't be dictating or letting you how you should live your life. What have you useless people gained from Sharia under than bring terrorists, educationless people, and poverty?

Please which region has the highest baby factory and widow molestation?
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Calitoscassius(m): 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2023
What tbe hell is indecent dressing? Who decides what dressing is indecent? The ignorant Naigerian police?

Young women wear pants and bra and walking around over here and no problems, if you don't like it look away! Simple!
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Goddyrichie(m): 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2023
Splitmind:
ogun kill ur f*** sharia carry ur mumu sharia go north
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Adakintroy: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2023
ribbit:
Police will see armed robber, they will remove their police uniform and run.
they will see girl dress on yoga pant begin flex muscle.

Very weird country full of stupid hypocrites.

So. the safety you safe na because you buy gun keep. No be police presence all around de keep you safe. Woman dress wrong na bad thing end.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by babashiko(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2023
Indecent dressing is an offence under the Nigeria VAPP ACT UNDER SECTION 26. THE GUY NEED TO READY THE VAPP ACT
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Dididrumz(m): 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Splitmind:

Try it, and we'll kill and burn all of You.

Keep Your religious beliefs in your North.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by purples25(f): 2:37am On Oct 06, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Lagos girls walking nàked in the coming weeks, I see sex starved guys handling their breasts, I see the police picking up these girls under the guise of safe keeping to go and press their breasts and nyash in their stations.

I see the price of condoms skyrocketing, I see youths protesting about the increment of condoms, I see Tinubu sharing free condoms as palliatives, I see the youths promising to vote for him for 2nd term.

This I have seen.

So, because guys are sex starved, it is okay for ladies to be harassed and used? You really thought about this in an unfair way.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Pedrii22: 4:45am On Oct 06, 2023
purples25:

So, because guys are sex starved, it is okay for ladies to be harassed and used? You really thought about this in an unfair way.

Hi, good morning.

How do I get in touch with you with regards to your sketches.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Owologbo(m): 5:14am On Oct 06, 2023
Splitmind:

This is why you should leave the south and go to the north where Sharia is practice to stay.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Owologbo(m): 5:16am On Oct 06, 2023
CelestineNelson:
Let his wife walk naked to his office to say hi to his colleagues first...Strange men trying to teach sanity that does not exist

I don't know why some of you reason like this.

So if they say begging is not a crime, you will turn beggar o.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by purples25(f): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2023
Pedrii22:

Hi, good morning.

How do I get in touch with you with regards to your sketches.

You can send a PM.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Mutigadara1: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2023
He said: State Government which is Delta state. If you dress anyhow for Kano this video will not save you.
OGwales:
Go and educate your sister agent Hisbah in Kano and other northern states.
Re: Indecent Dressing Isn’t An Offense, No Police Should Harass You- Edafe by Pedrii22: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2023
purples25:

You can send a PM.

Done..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are GHD Straighteners So Expensive?! / A Close Up At Miss Nigeria / (PICZ) Black Woman With Smallest Waist In The World, Releases Bikini Picz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.