Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty (31166 Views)

Buhari Confers National Award On Osimhen, Davido, Uzodinma, 336 Others / Peter Obi Hails Osimhen's Serie A Triumph With Napoli / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by streetsoldier1(m): 7:25am On Oct 06, 2023
jaeyking:
Well at a point
This might seem like the best idea but then
If he responds to every bashing with a backdown he won't achieve much success

Also so many GOATs recieved alot of bashing
And
If this was how Messi and Ronaldo behaved they wouldn't have been the GOATS
With the regular bashing they received on Social media

I hope he gets his motivation back

Hey get your facts right, Messi or Ronaldo were never at any point mocked by the clubs they played for

4 Likes

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by iamtardey: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2023
Good Kip it professional till you dump them ass

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Beverlyjean(f): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I didn't know "pettiness" has been made the exclusive reserve of women.

Humility, tantrums, yen yen yen! You Nigerians and your judgemental syndrome. What's even your business how someone decides to react to circumstances that directly affect him? Is it you and your village people who are contributing to pay his wages in Napoli?

Una must sha get opinions, even if they make no sense.

When someone does wrong ubcall them out...not because he is Nigerian, u end up defending bad attitude... go watch that game on YouTube, he had no right to insult his coach... and then started acting up towards his fellow players ... there a video where his team mates tried to shake hands with him , he just walked past them like they dun exist

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by LegallyBlunt: 7:26am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:
I watched thier last game against real Madrid in the champions league
He didn't take the penalty

But is this not too emotional for him

A man is not supposed to be involving emotions in his doings

Napoli bleeped up by posting such on Tiktok but that is passed now

Osimhen should act like a man and step forward to always take the penalty instead of holding on to that grudge like an emotional woman on her period
He's pained. It's not easy facing such insults from your own team. They're supposed to protect him from outsiders, but the insults came from inside. That makes it worse.

It's not necessarily about being a man. If this is his best way of healing and dealing with the situation, I support him 💯%

4 Likes

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2023
Bruisecruise:
Yes, as it should be.

Now, the most honourable thing for him to do is to work his exit out of that racist sh!thole ShiTaly.

He should go to another league and get some UCL shine then after a season or two, go to Saudi to get his final retirement money. Passion gonna leave you broke broke if you don’t make the best when you’re still hot.
So he should go to Lalig, and after they show him there what they showed Vinicius junior, he should start crying again and leave? My take is that he should just go to Saudi now. Those whites will never ever appreciate the hard work of black man

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Cmanforall: 7:28am On Oct 06, 2023
saintbillion:

https://punchng.com/tiktok-row-osimhen-rejects-napoli-penalty-duty/?amp
Hope he thought over this decision
It'll be his loss in terms of goals
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by jaeyking(m): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2023
streetsoldier1:

Hey get your facts right, Messi or Ronaldo were never at any point mocked by the clubs they played for

Regular bashing they recieved from social media
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Jservice(f): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2023
Them dey reject PK😳
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Finestgurlie(f): 7:29am On Oct 06, 2023
jaeyking:
Well at a point
This might seem like the best idea but then
If he responds to every bashing with a backdown he won't achieve much success

Also so many GOATs recieved alot of bashing
And
If this was how Messi and Ronaldo behaved they wouldn't have been the GOATS
With the regular bashing they received on Social media

I hope he gets his motivation back
Messi and Ronaldo clubs never bashed him openly.
that's the difference.
fans criticism is part of the game but such coming from your own club ?
no way

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Dpen11(f): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by BoldBrainz(m): 7:30am On Oct 06, 2023
Beverlyjean:

When someone does wrong ubcall them out...not because he is Nigerian, u end up defending bad attitude... go watch that game on YouTube, he had no right to insult his coach... and then started acting up towards his fellow players ... there a video where his team mates tried to shake hands with him , he just walked past them like they dun exist

Everyone has a bad day at work. Players are not exempted. Whatever on-field skirmishes he had with teammates and staff shouldn't warrant what media treatment he got. Both parties have however come out to address the misunderstanding. But he still has a right to decide what decisions to make differently going forward, including refusing to take penalties. That should not in any way be misconstrued for pettiness or pride.

Osimhen is one of the most "down to earth" athletes in the world today.

3 Likes

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by jaeyking(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2023
SavageResponse:

It's OK to receive bashing from outsiders but your own club using official channels to mock you in public is unacceptable!

Then he should leave
Was Messi not mocked by psg for not giving him the world cup celebration he deserved

The two black french players that missed the penalty were threatened and received racist comments
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by BoldBrainz(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2023
jaeyking:

Regular bashing they recieved from social media

Social media, yes. But not the official media handles of their own clubs.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by jaeyking(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Social media, yes. But not the official media handles of their own clubs.

How did the club respond to it??
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by SavageResponse(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2023
jaeyking:

Then he should leave
Was Messi not mocked by psg for not giving him the world cup celebration he deserved

The two black french players that missed the penalty were threatened and received racist comments

I'm sure he would leave, he's probably waiting for the next transfer window
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Alchemy528: 7:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by akinmusi(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2023
To forgive is divine.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by BoldBrainz(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2023
jaeyking:

How did the club respond to it??

As expected. Public statement of apology and the departure of one of the club's media executives.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by winterfell007(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

Osimhen should act like a man and step forward to always take the penalty instead of holding on to that grudge like an emotional woman on her period

Disregard the news, there's no indication where VO9 insisted he won't be taking penalties. This is basically Rudi Garcia's decision to take it off him for now pending when all the whole incidence dies down. He could resume his penalty duties in no time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by SyrusdeHansome(m): 7:45am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

Some of u only act macho on nairaland but very week boys in reality. Fake pple
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by teepain: 7:47am On Oct 06, 2023
Tunde835:
Tinubu needs to start using an iron fist with your kind.

Honestly, I don't think Tinubu needs to use iron-fist against them. Tinubu just needs to leave them to help him campaign for his second term. I have seen a few people who didn't vote for Tinubu but now supports him having heard from the school that he attended and graduated brilliantly.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Hpesoj: 7:48am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

Some of you just open your mouth waaah and talk as if you will accept a quarter of what was done to him.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Ladech(m): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2023
This has got nothing to do with acting like a man. There are lines that are not meant to be crossed. Would you ask his club to man up if it was the other way around and he disrespected them? These are matters of principles. He must and should leave the club for his image and sanity.
Hemeenworth:

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by phemmyfour: 7:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

It will affect his confidence from the spot kick going forward.

If matches go into shoot out and drags beyond the first five kicks, he will have no choice than to take if he's on the pitch
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Isokoboy(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

I am surprised at your statement.....C.ronaldo...,messi don miss penalties.....at crucial moment.....club nor post rubbish....if he don't set a record straigh....they will feel he is a work over....i am expecting him to leave in January....Even T... Henry talk am ... not one post...Two post...haba...
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Never4getU: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

For what he natural does out of free will he would need to do it hence out of pressure with fear of loosing or fear being mock worse, so trauma is one of the thing here. U can't blame him for refusing what demonize him

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by djon78(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

Act like a man indeed

That's how many Men entered into problem
Because they wanted to act like Men

You don't know what racist attack is
If you have experienced it first hand
You will understand Victor

By the way
Victor is likely to leave Napoli this January window

Lots of clubs with cash want him
He is tested and tried
His should move on from Napoli
He don try for them
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by MindOnMatters00(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Y is this guy too arrogant and petty.... beginning of last season , he missed a penalty and there was no fuzz about it , he acted like a normal.player will... he later on had a successful season blasting goals and he was honoured by the fans ... he now started feeling like a god ... the same thing happened this season, instead of him to even overlook the miss like he did last season, he started throwing tantrums and then insulted his coach... cos he now feels without him Napoli is nothing....typical arrogant fool...and that's what lead to the tiktok video ... that's the problem with some people, humility should always be maintained, no matter what u have achieved...

What the hell is this one saying? If you can't say anything reasonable or you don't understand football, Just keep shut.

2 Likes

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Billyddude: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

He did the right thing....as he don comot hand for penalty... make no fan put am under unnecessary pressure...this one no be man up matter.
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Bosch10(m): 8:08am On Oct 06, 2023
Menclothing:
Racism hurt I feel for him
are you based in Ibadan, I'll like to patronize you
Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by asiga(m): 8:13am On Oct 06, 2023
Hemeenworth:

So you want them to continue to mock him in case he misses? Do you think they can post similar video against a white Napoli legend? Is he the first to miss penalty? How many have they posted similar video for?

1 Like

Re: Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty by Billyddude: 8:13am On Oct 06, 2023
Tunde835:
Tinubu needs to start using an iron fist with your kind.

Nope he should start getting things done...things are getting outta hand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akinwumi Adesina Meets With President Buhari In Japan / Senator Dino Melaye Returns To School Also Shows Off His Plaques In New Photos / FG Declares May 25 & 26 Public Holidays To Mark Eidul-Fitr Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.