Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return (15686 Views)

Budget, Agriculture Ministers Fault Subsidy Removal, Floating Of Naira / Petrol Price Jumps To ₦‎350/ltr As Queues Return / Fuel Queues Return To Abuja, Others As Supply Dips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nigeria has not grown before at all
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by paskal16: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
Petrol Marketers have being saying different kind of shit since subsidy was remove

Subsidy is gone for good.

Do you still leave at ur parents house?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Larryndelaw: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2023
The marketers are armed robbers. They were part of the people that agreed to cancelation of subsidy during buhari regime. Were they blind then, just bucos they make profit from it, that's why they are against it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by emorse(m): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Nigeria's biggest problem is not the political class. Our major problem is the citizenry that allows themselves to be bamboozled with tribal and religious theatrics.

For a nation with a high level of educated youths, we're too stupid and docile to be under a democratic rule. Once a section of the country produces a leader, people of that region mobilise themselves to sing "hallelujah" songs of defence for that leader, irrespective of his despicable performances.

When that happens, other voices of objective criticism are punctured and classified as "haters and wailers", yet the deteriorating state of the economy keeps crashing on the collective shoulders of everyone, tribe and religion notwithstanding.

I detest stupid and deceitful people. I may have my flaws, but I will never support a kinsman in the face of glaring incompetence or evil. And as long as we continue on this path, we'll lack, suffer and gnash our teeth in pain while we birth children who'll continue with the sorry state of affairs of our country.

I'll never for the rest of my life lend a hand of assistance to any Nigerian for free, anymore. Never!
Someone here called me daft, slowpoke, etc just a couple of hours ago for pointing out that we're getting worse off. They took off subsidy and maintained school feeding and conditional cash transfer. That's the kind of superior thinking that they posses.

Mind you, they told us that we were borrowing to pay subsidies. Yet we saved N1Tr in two months of subsidy removal. Do we now borrow to save? Or do just borrow for other reasons now?

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by bigfather(m): 3:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??

It's honestly demoralizing.....I jst tire !
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Do you still leave at ur parents house?
Why are you asking me this kind of senseless question? The NNPCL have been importing petrol into Nigeria and they are not complaining. I wander why the marketers should be complaining on their behalf.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by BrickDevo: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Nigeria's biggest problem is not the political class. Our major problem is the citizenry that allows themselves to be bamboozled with tribal and religious theatrics.

For a nation with a high level of educated youths, we're too stupid and docile to be under a democratic rule. Once a section of the country produces a leader, people of that region mobilise themselves to sing "hallelujah" songs of defence for that leader, irrespective of his despicable performances.

When that happens, other voices of objective criticism are punctured and classified as "haters and wailers", yet the deteriorating state of the economy keeps crashing on the collective shoulders of everyone, tribe and religion notwithstanding.

I detest stupid and deceitful people. I may have my flaws, but I will never support a kinsman in the face of glaring incompetence or evil. And as long as we continue on this path, we'll lack, suffer and gnash our teeth in pain while we birth children who'll continue with the sorry state of affairs of our country.

I'll never for the rest of my life lend a hand of assistance to any Nigerian for free, anymore. Never!
Sane people cut across all regions and tribes didn't vote for the calamity we have up there, don't use what you see on Nairaland's front page to judge, they're not the majority, just that they're loud.... Sane people are not for spontaneous voilence either. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by clinician2x: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

The black man is mentally inferior in decision making and subservient in the face of danger.

QED.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by condralbedez: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
cool

Am nver against removing the fuel subsidy!!

But this should have come first"nation’s refineries ought to have been operational and issues around foreign exchange resolved before the petrol subsidy was removed"
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Olaneyo007(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Our local refinery wil sort it
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Justbehave(m): 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
When the youths are ready to salvage this country, then we all will forget about tribes and fight our common enemy which are the politicians. For now lets be fighting ourselves here and be suffering.
Mumu youths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Menclothing: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nigerians and hoarding
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by zikter(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
Why are you asking me this kind of senseless question? The NNPCL have been importing petrol into Nigeria and they are not complaining. I wander why the marketers should be complaining on their behalf.
Why are talking like this? Ask yourself this question, do the marketers have access to dollars like NNPCL you are comparing them to? Who is even agreeing to borrow them money for business. Again, with the rising price of crude oil and free falling naira, even the NNPCL is been subsidized, otherwise there is no way petrol will go for the current prices. So assuming you try hard to import and land the product at 720, will you go and sell at 617? Meanwhile your competitor is whose product is subsidized is selling at cheaper rate. Who now will buy your own? Let us say the truth, subsidy removal is good but the process was poorly managed. I agree with this article 100%

3 Likes

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Exceed15: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Tinubu brainwashed supporters how far? Una never see anything. LOL
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Nyanabo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
The corrupt fools will always have excuses to give. What's there ? Now we say buy at the market price and let the market force determine the cost you sell per litre. What does subsidy removal have to do with it's scarcity ?
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
zikter:
Why are talking like this? Ask yourself this question, do the marketers have access to dollars like NNPCL you are comparing them to? Who is even agreeing to borrow them money for business. Again, with the rising price of crude oil and free falling naira, even the NNPCL is been subsidized, otherwise there is no way petrol will go for the current prices. So assuming you try hard to import and land the product at 720, will you go and sell at 617? Meanwhile your competitor is whose product is subsidized is selling at cheaper rate. Who now will buy your own? Let us say the truth, subsidy removal is good but the process was poorly managed. I agree with this article 100%
The only time a marketer was allowed to import petrol is in June. NNPCL have been the one importing since then. Marketers can buy from NNPCL. The likes of Mobil, Northwest, BOVAS are not importing oil but they are still selling and competing with NNPCL.

So far you have your money, you will buy fuel at the same price the NNPCL is getting their own.

A lot of independent marketers have been run out of business since fuel subsidy was remove. This are the set of people that have been fleecing Nigeria.

There will be no fuel scarcity of que in Nigeria, NNPCL is on top of the situation. Some wise filling station owners have lease out there filling stations to NNPCL
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:

The reason they are complaining is because the federal government is forcing them to maintain the price of fuel after the have calculated there landing cost. The price of crude oil per barrel just increased of recent so they can't match up the request from fg. The president should have repaired of the refineries before taking off the subsidy and also take off the parallel market.

Besides that was what tinubu said earlier on cos I could remember when he mentioned the unification of dollar to boost fx
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Paraman: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

The reason they are complaining is because the federal government is forcing them to maintain the price of fuel after the have calculated there landing cost. The price of crude oil per barrel just increased of recent so they can't match up the request from fg. The president should have repaired of the refineries before taking off the subsidy
The NNPCL have been the one importing fuel into Nigeria since July.

The marketers should go and get from depots in Nigeria the likes of BOVAS, Northwest, Mobil etc are getting their fuel from.

There will be no scarcity of petrol neither will there be ques for petrol because the NNPCL is on top of the situation.

There was no budget for subsidy from June 2023 and the PIB scrapped subsidy.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Femidfo: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
They are NOT tired!

Octopusssy:
I am just tired of this kind of news coming from Nigeria. What are we doing to ourselves, for God's sakes? Are Nigerians not tired of suffering??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ade4real2016: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
The dogmatic principle which says"He who fails to plan,plans to fail"is playing out severely....We must buckle up as soon as possible to condemn d evil economic policies of this administration...A country with no functional refineries Must import... Subsidy Must be paid...
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Khyrvxjzy: 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:

no ibo man will become president
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Bluntemperor: 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
Petrol Marketers have being saying different kind of shit since subsidy was remove
Subsidy is gone for good.

Don't mind the Rogues!
If the Whiteman is the one ruling,they will exposed the Greed in Nigeria- System!
Oil Marketers in Nigeria are the same old talk- they are not doing anything than to ask for more!
They are very Unpatriotic,as they will prefer Nigerians to suffer than Sacrificed for Nigeria-to be better.The only thing they want is to be diverting the Crude Oil and PMS to neighborhood but now that the New Sheriff will not allowed that, they will be singing another Language!
Nigeria will not tolerate the Nonsense!
For years,these Oil Marketers have been conniving with others to raise the Price of Fuel,for doing nothing!

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Beniyke1: 4:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
I always intentionally come to this kinda topic to observe how some useless mofos and godforsaken retards avoid it. When you call their certificate forger now they will come fighting dirty, twerking and shamelessly masturbating on falsehood but will turn a blind eye on the sufferings he created
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:26pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
The NNPCL have been the one importing fuel into Nigeria since July.

The marketers should go and get from depots in Nigeria the likes of BOVAS, Northwest, Mobil etc are getting their fuel from.

There will be no scarcity of petrol neither will there be ques for petrol because the NNPCL is on top of the situation.

There was no budget for subsidy from June 2023 and the PIB scrapped subsidy.

Bro be honest to urself.. will the federal government give some of these petrol importers license to build a small refinery in nigeria
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by delpee(f): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
Paraman:
The only time a marketer was allowed to import petrol is in June. NNPCL have been the one importing since then. Marketers can buy from NNPCL. The likes of Mobil, Northwest, BOVAS are not importing oil but they are still selling and competing with NNPCL.

So far you have your money, you will buy fuel at the same price the NNPCL is getting their own.

A lot of independent marketers have been run out of business since fuel subsidy was remove. This are the set of people that have been fleecing Nigeria.

There will be no fuel scarcity of que in Nigeria, NNPCL is on top of the situation. Some wise filling station owners have lease out there filling stations to NNPCL

A clearer explanation. I hope all NNPC, Mobil and Bovas stations will have fuel. Maybe others will buy from NNPC for now to solve the problem. We really shouldn't go back to the subsidy to independent marketers era. It's too fraud prone.
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by Obyino: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
All man de hear am now…nobody is exempted!!
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by warlordd(m): 4:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
Now, Nigeria, the so-called giant of Africa has finally gone to the dogs. So sad!
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ufotunang: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
See what APC and Tinubu has caused
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ufotunang: 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
Nigeria matter don tire me 🙄
Re: Petrol: Marketers Fault Subsidy Removal Process As Queues Return by ufotunang: 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
Octopusssy:
..that is the renewed hope nigerians voted for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Will Never Surrender The Soul Of Rivers On Bended Knees - Fubara / Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / Children Hired To Campaign For Umahi’s Second Term In Ebonyi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.