Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,511 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? (418 Views)

Uju Anya Gets Engaged To Her Lesbian Partner / Let Be Sincere, How Long Should The First Round Of Sex Last? / Ehi Ogbebor Gets Engaged, 10 Years After A Divorce & Two Kids (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Dexy4yah(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2023
Some said 5 months, some said one year, some said as long as it takes...so that the man can fully be ready for the marriage..

What's your take on this?
Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by ojun50(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2023
My was 6month, on the 6month we wedded
Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2023
Arrrrrrrh

My parents married after six months. Sometimes when I hear them iterate this story I smile and ask my self "Can six months be enough to know the current kind of girls we see around?" Hell no! I would personally take 1-2 years to know you better before taking you to the alter. But within the main time, I would prefer a celibate courtship. Sometimes won't be enough, but I will risk it with the set time.
Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by VinnyBaba: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2023
3WEEKS! sad

because Whether it's 3Weeks or 3Years, when some Girls start to behave like WINCH after Marriage,
U will be SHOCKED! shocked undecided
Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2023
All mallam with their kettle.
Just do your thing....

Mine was 4-5 months.
Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Ahmed0336(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2023
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

My parents married after six months. Sometimes when I hear them iterate this story I smile and ask my self "Can six months be enough to know the current kind of girls we see around?" Hell no! I would personally take 1-2 years to know you better before taking you to the alter. But within the main time, I would prefer a celibate courtship. Sometimes won't be enough, but I will risk it with the set time.

Bro, on this particular matter, there's no manual in getting it right.
Marriage wey go last go last and marriage wey no go last if you like use 20 years to study her wetin go happen go happen.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by PussyGalore(f): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
It is only broke men that date for more than 1 year.

Why would you be dating a girl for 3 years and running down her biological clock? I can't deal abeg angry

1 Like

Re: How Long Should A Couple Be Engaged Before Marriage? by TheDarkporeShow: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dexy4yah:
Some said 5 months, some said one year, some said as long as it takes...so that the man can fully be ready for the marriage..

What's your take on this?

Op, you shouldn't date any girl longer than 6months before you decide if you're getting married or not. Any thing else and you'll end up with the kind of situationship the women seeking advice in this video are in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjM-rCykfXw

6 months tops. Decide what you want and move forward. Otherwise, anything else odikwa risky romance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

.. / Relationship Advise For Ladies / 30 Things Ladies Should Know Before Getting Married.....�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.