Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Dressing Modestly Pays - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dressing Modestly Pays (35919 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Porksupplyib: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Actually it isn't! Jesus Christ never instructed His followers that they had to dress modestly! undecided

As a matter of fact, when Jesus Christ was naked on the cross, He did not request he be covered up for modesty's sake. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by phemmyfour: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2023
FarmTech:

U can't judge and condemn people u don't know. The fact that u know some that does that doesn't mean that 1000s of others do same.
Same way you can't judge people that didn't dress the way you thought they should. Being decent is relative, some believe the use of earrings is indecent
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by world123: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2023
UncleKoboko:

If you think the way you dress does not matter nor influence others, then you lack wisdom, common sense and morals.

Did you read my post properly. Did you see that I wrote wisdom.

Now what does the word wisdom mean there. I won't help you with that, check your dictionary and try again.

God bless you
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
Porksupplyib:
■ 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Of course, laugh now.. after you have been caught in yet another Churchian lie... undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Porksupplyib: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course, laugh now.. after you have been caught in yet another Churchian lie... undecided
Exactly. 😆
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
phemmyfour:
Same way you can't judge people that didn't dress the way you thought they should. Being decent is relative, some believe the use of earrings is indecent
We are talking about dressing here. Like mini skirt, body hug etc
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by WriterX(m): 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
FarmTech:

So in a nutshell you're saying that we shud not judge immodest dresses? Aren't u aware that their conscious have been polluted by Satan? So why shudnt they be corrected?

Iron sharpens iron. No one knows it all that's why u shud be open to constructive criticism.

We are not asked to judge people in general rather to teach with love and wisdom, pray and seek the mercy and compassion of God upon them and us as well.

Matthew 7:2
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
WriterX:
■ We are not asked to judge people in general rather to teach with love and wisdom, pray and seek the mercy and compassion of God upon them and us as well. Matthew 7:2
Jesus Christ asked His followers to teach ONLY the Gospel and His Gospel alone. His Gospel includes no mention of modest dressing or anything of the sort. So why do you associate what your pastors and mogs instruct you to do with that which Jesus Christ said? undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by WriterX(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ asked His followers to teach ONLY the Gospel and His Gospel alone. His Gospel includes no mention of modest dressing or anything of the sort. So why do you associate what your pastors and mogs instruct you to do with that which Jesus Christ said? undecided

I have no quarrel with you nor seek to jusitfy my opinions for your acceptance, goodnight and stay blessed.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
WriterX:
■ I have no quarrel with you nor seek to jusitfy my opinions for your acceptance, goodnight and stay blessed.
I am glad you stress they are mere opinions and nothing more. undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by FarmTech(m): 9:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
WriterX:

We are not asked to judge people in general rather to teach with love and wisdom, pray and seek the mercy and compassion of God upon them and us as well.

Matthew 7:2

Really?

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2023
progressb4andno:

Bros, small matter look where u carry d levels go heh

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun / Pastor Dead As Dunamis Church Collapses In Benue / Mentally Unstable Woman Healed At Kumuyi's Crusade In Bauchi.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.