Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Dressing Modestly Pays - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dressing Modestly Pays (35918 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by kereman1: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2023
FarmTech:

A modestly dressed lady can cause some men to think about Christ and eventually repent. Not all, but some.

Bro don't deceive yourself, men will intentionally play to her script just to get a taste of her cookie,

3 Likes

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ombudsman1: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Yes, the entirety of a woman's existence revolves around men and what men think. That is the religious resolution as far as the female gender and this all revolves around sexual energy. You see this same resolution embraced in Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. These religious nutjobs indeed believe the sole purpose of a woman is to elicit a response in men and it has to be of the kind defined by their religion and nothing else. These people and sex on the mind are like Siamese twins joined at the head.... impossible to separate. undecided

JUST DEY PLAY. ITS A REALITY YOU WERE BORN INTO AND WILL CERTAINLY DIE AND LEAVE AS IS.

JUNKY
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Bahamas95(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2023
The way people dress nowadays most especially ladies is so annoying, at times I wonder if they got brains in their skull.

How would someone feel comfortable walking around nakēd? You can tell the design of the panties some women put on by just taking a quick glance, dat one na for those wey bother to wear sef. Most of them walk around pantless these days.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by frugal(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Christians/Churchians and controlling of the way OTHERS live their lives are like 5&6. That desire to wield power and control over the freedoms of expression of others is a high they can't seem to resist. undecided

We can only advise and encourage you. No one is putting a gun to your head or forcely trying to convince you.

Very hyprocritical of you tho. On one hand you're accusing them of trying to control your freedom of expression. On the other hand you're also trying to control theirs by suggesting what they should or shouldn't say/do.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2023
world123:
I respect modesty in dressing. However, telling me that the way I dress will influence people's decision is a fat lie.

Getting the right skills, wisdom, and God does the trick.

Be able to think broadly. I dressed up for an interview with a suit, tie, nice pants and my glasses. I was the only person given the job. I was told that I was the best dressed amongst all the applicants for a job that didn’t even require that kind of dressing. And they said that was what made them give me the job. There are times when dressing can influence decisions and there are times when it won’t. You just have to be able to reason extensively instead of saying dressing can never affect decisions.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by WriterX(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2023
In all of this dressing thing, I see this, the intent of the dresser matters for me in my views.

There is something the apostle Paul talked about. In Romans 14:12-15

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.
As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food [2] is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died.
Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.

I consider this too in clothing, for me it is simple, the intent of the person who is wearing the clothes matter, why are you wearing it? Are you trying to get the attention of someone(s) cause this is where it becomes dangerous? Is a show of sexual appeal seduction? Again the society has really stretched the line on this. The bible says it is not what goes inside of us but what comes out.... so when you wear what you wear, what are your thought, is it a oh this dress is nice on me and everyone is going to love it or oh Jim must fall for this..all the guys must hear am! Lol

How we as Christians view things matter , verse 15 adds more , would what you are wearing discomfort a fellow believer, would it make you feel odd in a fellowship of other believers, would you be comfortable been with your Christ like brothers and sisters.

16. Reiterates your belief , we can only defend what is good and right when we know and do what is good and right.

In the end, i don't judge people base on their dressing, rather than judge people's dressing base on religious doctrine , lets do better .

1 Like

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2023
And these too....

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by DrAda(f): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2023
Very understated statement but so true
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Chasito(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2023
The way some ladies dress this days dey tire me, a girl will wear short skirt and come outside, still dey drag am down. undecided
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Angelfrost(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2023
Surface2AirToto:
Keep decieving yourselves. If you like cover yourself from head to toe like all those Muslim women, if you like remain a virgin till 40, person wey go still marry better husband go marry.

Everything doesn't evolve around Marriage, Oga.

Decency and Modesty in dressing is just common sense.

I don't even get why we make such basic topics about lifestyle into a religious debate.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by world123: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2023
DominusPrime:

Be able to think broadly. I dressed up for an interview with a suit, tie, nice pants and my glasses. I was the only person given the job. I was told that I was the best dressed amongst all the applicants for a job that didn’t even require that kind of dressing. And they said that was what made them give me the job. There are times when dressing can influence decisions and there are times when it won’t. You just have to be able to reason extensively instead of saying dressing can never affect decisions.

I leave you to your maker.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by world123: 10:09am On Oct 08, 2023
Lukepeter:

Or very naive. Him think life start and end for him area.

He/she will understand better as he/she grows.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by davirossi(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2023
Don’t forget to dress like the Wife of a President, A Senator, A bank Manager, a International Business Woman etc is not only covering your unclothedness but please do well to fit into the society don’t like a fool in the name of covering this or that. Follow the dress sense of women in authority not your pastor wife
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Porksupplyib: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Of course these churchians have more than learned this but with the stick up their arse, they can't help themselves but continue to insist, against commonsense, that how you dress influences how people treat you or how Life goes for you. The high they get from telling others to live according to their own doctrines and traditions is too much for them to overcome. undecided

2. Leave God out of it since God is strict about obedience to His teachings and commandments, and He is not so particularly about whether you should do it clothed or naked. His one and only obligation is obedience to HIs actual teachings and commandments and nothing else. lipsrsealed

🤣🤣
Here comes the religious confusionist with her confusion again.

Can't you just rest?
God is not concerned whether they do it clothed or naked, they should. Just obey his teachings? 😆
Dressing morally is not part of his teachings and commandments?🤣
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by triangulation: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2023
frugal:

We can only advise and encourage you. No one is putting a gun to your head or forcely trying to convince you.

Very hyprocritical of you tho. On one hand you're accusing them of trying to control your freedom of expression. On the other hand you're also trying to control theirs by suggesting what they should or shouldn't say/do.
You are highly manipulative! So, if you are controlling me and I tell you to stop, it means I'm also trying to control you by telling you what you should not do, abi?? grin grin
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Trustedpronet: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
Some will tell you worship is in the heart and not in what you put on. Modesty is what I appreciate in women i hate public display of both man and woman body. It remind me of one guy i challenged in my former compound that usually walk around with boxers for married women to see his gbola... annoying.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Walehelt(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2023
davirossi:
Don’t forget to dress like the Wife of a President, A Senator, A bank Manager, a International Business Woman etc is not only covering your unclothedness but please do well to fit into the society don’t like a fool in the name of covering this or that. Follow the dress sense of women in authority not your pastor wife

Very SIMPle man
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by ruzell86: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2023
What about for the guys... for me, a Jean and Tees / Polos does it for me any day. Just to look smart. cool
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by wittywriter: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2023
Every kettle to its own mallam.

Wittyness.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2023
world123:

I leave you to your maker.
Which one be maker for this one again? If you can’t refute a position then just keep quiet. This one na weak emotional abi na religious blackmail I go call am now
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2023
Dressing how you want to be addressed is a saying that never gets old.

In addition to dressing modestly, you must also learn to dress appropriately.

Iro & Buba is modest however inappropriate for a job interview.

Senator/Atiku is modest however inappropriate as a surgeon.

Everyone must also learn to dress in a manner that fits them.

You can dress 'modestly' and be addressed shabbily because your attire doesn't fit you.

A dress/attire/wear can be modest for A because of their size/statue and immodest for B for same reason.

1 Like

Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by bukatyne(f): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2023
PeachtreeReside:
And these too....

The top of the first dress is showing the lady's boobs: she either wears a bra not too push up or leave the gown for someone with smaller boobs.

The last skirt needs to be a tad longer. We can see her laps.

The other gowns are beautiful, classy, decent and positions the wearer for premium treatment.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Jman06(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2023
I have a different opinion
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by ufotunang: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2023
world123:
I respect modesty in dressing. However, telling me that the way I dress will influence people's decision is a fat lie.

Getting the right skills, wisdom, and God does the trick.
..very hard to see girls dress like that shown in picture above
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by progressb4andno: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2023
The girl on the picture give me her number
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by ufotunang: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2023
Very hard nowadays to see girls dress like that... girls of nowadays want to be dressing half naked... nawaoooo
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by ufotunang: 10:47am On Oct 08, 2023
It's only deeper life church members that dress like that
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 10:49am On Oct 08, 2023
People wey dey dress like this Sabi knack aswear! I am talking from experience. Because of my experience, l get kinda lust for them easily. But they don't joke with prayers regardless. The two that spent the night at my place still did morning devotion in the morning before they left.
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Father4all: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2023
But when Muslim Women/Ladies dress modestly, they abuse, insult, laugh and stereotype them. Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by iamtardey: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Big girl Big God abi 👀
Re: Dressing Modestly Pays by Ashawokobokobo: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2023
progressb4andno:
The girl on the picture give me her number
Gbam!
If that girl handle you for bed, you go forget your current girlfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celestial Church Of Christ Reacts To Chained Boy In Ogun / Pastor Dead As Dunamis Church Collapses In Benue / Mentally Unstable Woman Healed At Kumuyi's Crusade In Bauchi.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.