Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,578 members, 7,823,511 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group (4157 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Has Set A New Precedence In The Judiciary / Osoba, Daniel Set To Join APC / Afenifere Renewal Group Denies Endorsing Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Ovularia: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
‘Afenifere’s visit to Daniel set bad precedence’

Written by  Sesan Olufowobi

The Afenifere Renewal Group on Thursday, flayed Afenifere leaders’ visit to former Ogun State Governor Gbenga Danel, saying they had set a bad precedence.

The Afenifere leaders led by Chief Reuben Fasoranti, offered Daniel solidarity when they visited his Sagamu home on Wednesday.

Daniel is currently facing a 16-count of corruption against him by the Economic and the Financial Crimes Commission.

But the ARG said the leaders should have waited until Daniel was cleared by the court before reacting and showing solidarity.

The spokesman for ARG, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone, said the visit was inappropriate.

He said, "There is also the question of morality and value. Elders are supposed to be custodian of truth. Elders should not intervene when a case is still in court. If there should be any visit, it should be from Daniel to explain what is going on and not from the elders.

"I am not saying that Daniel is guilty; the elders should allow the judiciary to run its course. If he is pronounced innocent, the elders can then speak. What they are doing now sets bad precedence and sends wrong message to the young ones that when they grow up and anything goes wrong, they could expect elders to show solidarity."

The ARG Chairman, Mr. Wale Oshun, however, declined comment.

He said, "We decided to renew because we felt that things could be done in a more efficient manner."

The Ogun State deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the April election, Mr. Tunde Oladunjoye, said the Yoruba elders that visited Daniel were not representing their people but themselves.

"These people are contractors. They have benefitted directly and personally from Daniel and their visit was not a surprise in any form. But they should have waited for the court of law to make its judgement before jumping the gun," said the former Ijebu East Local Government chairman, who spoke to THE PUNCH on the telephone.

"They should also know that their pronouncements were contrary to the conditions on which Daniel was granted bail."

However, a leader of the PDP in Ogun State, Chief Bode Mustapha, said Daniel was the architect of his own misfortune.

Mustapha, a former member of the House of Representatives, also dismissed the allegation by Daniel’s camp that former President Olusegun Obasanjo was behind the former governor’s travail.

http://news.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1969:%E2%80%98afenifere%E2%80%99s-visit-to-daniel-set-bad-precedence%E2%80%99&Itemid=542
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by asha80(m): 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2011
how is it bad precedence?
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Ufeolorun(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2011
Theres no more Afenifere ( these old people have failed us) what we have now is Afenifere renewal group,they r trying to recreate the Afenifere of old.Those guys who paid [b]Ifa[/b]gbenga a visit are RElics( though i respect dr. Falae ).

The biggest opposition,threat to ACN would probably come from these young guys in Afenifere [b]renewal [/b]group if ACN fails to meet expectations, but it  all depend on Odumakin,PS.Tunde Bakare,Omoyele (SR),Ogundamisi etc wink

I would love a situation like this at least no more pdp to blame grin grin grin ( i hate pdp though)
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by arsenefc: 1:55am On Oct 22, 2011
asha 80:

how is it bad precedence?

Stop propagating bad English

Precedent, not precedence.

SMH!
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by arsenefc: 1:58am On Oct 22, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Theres no more Afenifere ( these old people have failed us) what we have now is Afenifere renewal group,they r trying to recreate the Afenifere of old.Those guys who paid Ifa[/b]gbenga a visit are RElics( though i respect dr. Falae ).

The biggest opposition,threat to ACN would probably come from these young guys in Afenifere [b]renewal [/b]group if ACN fails to meet expectations, but it  all depend on Odumakin,PS.Tunde Bakare,[b]Omoyele (SR),Ogundamisi
etc wink

I would love a situation like this at least no more pdp to blame grin grin grin ( i hate pdp though)

Sowore would never be accepted by mainstream Yoruba. He is neck deep in corruption as well.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by asha80(m): 1:59am On Oct 22, 2011
arsenefc:

Stop propagating bad English

Precedent, not precedence.

SMH!

see you english speaker.

i said 'how is it bad precedence' not 'how is it a bad precedence'.

afoanu
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Beaf: 2:07am On Oct 22, 2011
It is simply the behaviour of the average Nigerian on display.
A man is being tried for embezzling 58billion and the very people he is alleged to have defrauded go and pay him a solidarity visit. Something similar happened in Delta state, when after the elders had worked so hard to send Ibori where he belongs, some misguided youth decided to pick up arms in his support.
That is Nigeria for you.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by arsenefc: 2:10am On Oct 22, 2011
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by aloyemeka1: 2:12am On Oct 22, 2011

Sir, why do you have so much power over men?
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by aloyemeka1: 2:13am On Oct 22, 2011
Beaf:

It is simply the behaviour of the average Nigerian on display.
A man is being tried for embezzling 58billion and the very people he is alleged to have defrauded go and pay him a solidarity visit. Something similar happened in Delta state, when after the elders had worked so hard to send Ibori where he belongs, some misguided youth decided to pick up arms in his support.
That is Nigeria for you.

The Afenifere leaders are clearly broke and needs some egunje from Daniel so they can push GEJ to block the case from the executive arm. It can be done n Nigeria for sure and all it will cost him is a few millions. I do not necessarily care about those shameless old men but I must say that I am very surprised that Olu Falae will be in that bunch. Never put your trust in humans because they can disappoint you anytime.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by asha80(m): 2:14am On Oct 22, 2011
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 22, 2011
I'm glad they spoke against it.

No more hush hush in Yorubaland. I think it's better they dispose of these so called leaders too.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by arsenefc: 2:22am On Oct 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No more hush hush in Yorubaland. I think it's better they dispose of these so called leaders too.

Ileke why is your stomach so big in your profile pic?

Are you pregnant? or is it too much pounded yam plus  burger plus no exercise?

Hey Ileke, you need to heed to the writings on that shirt, do some track for gods sake.

I like your full chest though. Enough 'mammillary' for the boys , BTW, how is your back holding up? Hauling those heavy stuff around must be doing your back in somehow, No?
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by aloyemeka1: 2:28am On Oct 22, 2011
arsenefc:

Ileke why is your stomach so big in your profile pic?

Are you pregnant? or is it too much pounded yam plus  burger plus no exercise?

Hey Ileke, you need to heed to the writings on that shirt, do some track for gods sake.

I like your full chest though. Enough 'mammillary' for the boys , BTW, how is your back holding up? Hauling those heavy stuff around must be doing your back in somehow, No?

Are you expecting a baby that you implanted in her womb?. What is your business with the contents of her stomach?. I thought it is only Ezeuche who has been riding that bus o after the demise of Bawomolo.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by OAM4J: 2:30am On Oct 22, 2011
aloy/emeka:

The Afenifere leaders are clearly broke and needs some egunje from Daniel so they can push GEJ to block the case from the executive arm. It can be done n Nigeria for sure and all it will cost him is a few millions. I do not necessarily care about those shameless old men but I must say that I am very surprised that Olu Falae will be in that bunch. Never put your trust in humans because they can disappoint you anytime.

He surprised me too, but then . . . undecided
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by aloyemeka1: 11:55am On Oct 22, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Theres no more Afenifere ( these old people have failed us) what we have now is Afenifere renewal group,they r trying to recreate the Afenifere of old.Those guys who paid Ifa[/b]gbenga a visit are RElics( though i respect dr. Falae ).

The biggest opposition,threat to ACN would probably come from these young guys in Afenifere [b]renewal [/b]group if ACN fails to meet expectations, but it  all depend on Odumakin,PS.Tunde Bakare,Omoyele (SR),Ogundamisi etc wink

OR Afenifere [b]RELOADED
[AR]. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2011
OAM4J:

He surprised me too, but then . . . undecided

That's what I repeat time and again. People come and go, they constantly change and that's why institutions are better. That's what we should be building. They endure better.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by juman(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2011
Not good
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by bestview: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2011
Yorubas leaders are really bunch of criminals. Probably they have took bribe from gbenga
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by seanet02: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2011
bestview:

Yorubas leaders are really bunch of criminals. Probably they have took bribe from gbenga
Sir were
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by umechuma: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
That was how Yoruba leaders sold June 12 to the highest bidder not surprised at all.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by TenKobo1: 2:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
That must be Falae's twin brother, the real Falae would not do that, But humans, May be that was what Darwin meant in his theory of evolution.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by noLongTinn: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I agree, what makes me happy is the fact that Yoruba people are cleaning up and not afraid to condemn or prosecute bad leaders who indulge in illegal activities - Accountability. We are showing the rest of the country the way forward. I find Daniel, Akala and Dimeji very disappointing - I hope we can make an example out of them to prevent this in the future.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by ashman007: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2011
so it was with mko's betrayal saga,that when el mustapha spoke de same leaders and their blind followers all came out not only to take side but to deman 4 de head of mustapha 4 trying paint their leaders black.today the man has been vindicated
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Ufeolorun(m): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2011
arsenefc:

Sowore would never be accepted by mainstream Yoruba. He is neck deep in corruption as well.

I think if these ARG guys really take the fight to these old cargoes they will need Sowore,if not for anything atleast his media network.We dont really have mainstream at the moment what we have are splintered groups,look at those who attended the last meeting at the Awos and you would see that we still have a very strong political block outside the Acn platform who may decide to jettison pdp cos of its reputation to float another party.

aloy/emeka:

OR Afenifere RELOADED[AR].  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Any name would do man, i loved it growing up seeing barely educated old people talk politics with so much passion. Grew up hearing alot about Afenifere and i admired the reverence which people talk about them then.They were ethnically conscious,powerful,relativelyhonest and political.

[/quote][quote author=umechuma link=topic=786896.msg9394987#msg9394987 date=1319283939]
That was how Yoruba leaders sold June 12 to the highest bidder not surprised at all.

Shikodi!!!! grin grin grin grin grin any  'ungoogled'  evidence
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by globalaid(m): 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2011
all of them are bird of the same feather. It is revolution that can save this country. We need to waste some people for the nation to move forward. Enough of this dancing round in circle
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by ibedun: 5:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
wow!!! we are still respecting "elders" in Nigeria? where there are none?!!!!!!

They have left nothing in their path but destruction and monumentally bad legacies of corruption, laziness, immorality and irresponsibility.

Left to me I will stone all over 55s in Nigeria to death.

Those who have not participated in governance are also culpable by their cowardice silence.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by HighChief4(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2011
umechuma:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by aieromon(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2011
Old dudes want a piece of the pie so they decided to pay him a visit after leaving H.I.D's house.

Falae,you disappointed me. . . . . big time
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 22, 2011
noLongTinn:

I agree, what makes me happy is the fact that Yoruba people are cleaning up and not afraid to condemn or prosecute bad leaders who indulge in illegal activities - Accountability. We are showing the rest of the country the way forward. I find Daniel, Akala and Dimeji very disappointing - I hope we can make an example out of them to prevent this in the future.

Add Oni to that list abeg.

I think a public "liberation" will do. As much as I dislike what was done to Ghadaffi, do to them what was done to Ghadaffi.
Re: Afenifere’s Visit To Daniel Set Bad Precedence - Afenifere Renewal Group by HighChief4(m): 10:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Add Oni to that list abeg.

The list is so long dearie and if you want Ghadaffi treatment for them, that means you are asking for ethnic cleansin

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Peaceful Protest Kala Bus Stop Ikwerre Rd PH / BREAKING NEWS! Over 200 Feared Dead In Fresh Plane Crash / Enugu Airport: Sahara Reporters' Publication False And Malicious - Stella Oduah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.