Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? (21097 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by LUAN(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2023
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Zonefree(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2023
Offload everything in your stomach before travelling. If there's need to urinate while on transit, inform the driver.

Don't be shy to ask the driver to stop.

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Cerebellum: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Extremely hard Akpu with sliding.
ogbono and stepped down with
very chilled Monster drink

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Illegal1(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2023
omoh.........i dey normaly drink codein so dat i fit sleep.

i no lyk noise

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat or drink anything... I go on fasting until I reach my destination.

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Sacrosanct12(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2023
I don't normally eat or drink while traveling, just stay empty and enjoy your journey. I also don't fancy easing myself where I don't feel comfortable, reason why I only take a piss in the morning at home until night again immediately I get back home then multiple times before I go to bed.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by stuffs2002: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
I don't normally eat or drink while traveling, just stay empty and enjoy your journey. I also don't fancy easing myself where I don't feel comfortable, reason why I only take a piss in the morning at home until night again immediately I get back home then multiple times before I go to bed.

Kidney stones dey knock your door

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Sacrosanct12(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2023
stuffs2002:

Kidney stones dey knock your door
the amount of water I take a day fit reach you 2days. Unless I'm extremely pressed. After each meal I dey drink 3 sachet water. Nah bro my kidney are in perfect shape.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by 7buckz(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2023
Codeine so I sleep all through the journey 🤐😴

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Exceed15: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2023
Bread nothing but bread especially for long distance.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
This becomes a problem when someone is involved in an accident, rendered unconscious, and then rushed to a hospital where a nurse administers treatment thinking the person has eaten cry cry cry cry cry

49 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2023
I've never heard a situation whereby someone could not be assisted by the hospital simply because he or she didn't eat anything... And in some hospitals, patients are given treatment as early as 6am before their breakfast.

I've drank pills in an empty stomach before and nothing happened... For example, yesterday I was feeling very sick and I didn't have an appetite... I didn't eat anything for the whole day, but I took my treatment and nothing happened.
Tallesty1:
This becomes a problem when someone is involved in an accident, rendered unconscious, and then rushed to a hospital where a nurse administers treatment thinking the person has eaten cry cry cry cry cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonexisting1: 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:

But if ever there's a need for you to use the restroom while on the road and you're not the one driving, you can ask the driver to stop by the nearest petrol station or those fast food restaurants along the road and you'll use the restroom there.
You people will live in Sagamu but think you live in Singapore. So you must wait until they reach petrol station before you piss? Mtchew, piss never hold you.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lol... I don't know about others, but I've never relieved myself on the roadside before and I don't see it ever happening.

I can hold my urine for a few hours, even though it's not healthy to hold the urine inside.
Nonexisting1:
You people will live in Sagamu but think you live in Singapore. So you must wait until they reach petrol station before you piss? Mtchew, piss never hold you.

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonexisting1: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Lol... I don't know about others, but I've never relieved myself on the roadside before and I don't see it ever happening.

I can hold my urine for a few hours, even though it's not healthy to hold the urine inside.
I can now understand why many simps here including married ones have crush on you. You are mature, cool headed and respectful even when intentionally provoked. You have good attitude, keep it up.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2023
Lol.. I wasn't even aware that I was being provoked... grin grin grin
Nonexisting1:
I can now understand why many simps here including married ones have crush on you. You are mature, cool headed and respectful even when intentionally provoked. You have good attitude, keep it up.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Ayojideonline(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2023
No food or light food like Rice or Bread in reasonable quantity is okay
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nonexisting1: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Lol.. I wasn't even aware that I was being provoked... grin grin grin
Oh yes you were and I do that all the time. If that was marriage test, you passed one hundred percent. I hope men who are sourcing wives and girlfriends here are seeing this whether you are available or not. If it was when I believed in love, I would have sent you PM by now but my case is beyond repair. Me and love now are running parallel government and are like water and oil, can't mix anymore. Good luck and no more trolling you here because you have proven to be of different breed.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't even remember seeing your moniker before and when did you troll me?
Nonexisting1:
Oh yes you were and I do that all the time. If that was marriage test, you passed one hundred percent. I hope men who are sourcing wives and girlfriends here are seeing this whether you are available or not. If it was when I believed in love, I would have sent you PM by now but my case is beyond repair. Me and love now are running parallel government and are like water and oil, can't mix anymore. Good luck and no more trolling you here because you have proven to be of different breed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by jmoore(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat until I get to my destination.

But when I travelled from Aba to Abuja in 2019 to collect my certificate at headquarters of National Open University of Nigeria, Chisco Transport offered me a free meal which I ate few minutes before the journey started.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Soylife(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat or drink anything. My last three experience has taught me that. The last time I travelledfrom Lagos to owerri, I ate boiled groundnuts in the park, then bought bread to eat on the way. By the time we got to delta, I started feeling discomfort in my stomach, I knew what was coming, I started praying for us to get to owerri asap. Thank God we got to the park in owerri on time if not I for disgrace myself for bus.

I just published my book(Futo na War) on okadabooks. It is a story about my experience in school.Please buy, read and leave a review.
Price is #500
Link on my signature... Delete the space.
Do you know that..
Reading is like cardio to your brains..buy and read a book today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ikechukz(m): 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Whenever I'm travelling, I don't eat or drink water before leaving. I'll only buy water when I'm like an hour to my destination.
Na who xxxx never happen to before dey chop belleful before travelling 🤔🤔

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Offpoint1: 1:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Journey or no journey, my morning daily meal is Tea, it carries me throughout the day until 5-7pm.

I mostly don't eat when traveling, my stomach react terribly to fuel smells.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by bobbiiee: 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
I can advise on what not to eat from experience. If you have a sensitive tummy like mine. Don't think of eating beans. I ate it in 1995 before traveling to Lagos. By the time I got to Oshodi I could barely walk. When I got to Awoyokun my boxer was soiled. You know the story. Sadly, I was meant to return to school 2 days later. I couldn't because I traveled with one trouser.
Since then I don't eat or drink when traveling.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by phr0nesis(m): 1:04pm On Sep 24, 2023
In all my long journeys, including the night ones, the driver always has a spot where we stop for a while before proceeding

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nazgul: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Avoid eating the night before your trip. Your last meal should be a light breakfast a day before.

This would help you stay for hours during your trip without feeling the urge to use the restroom.

8 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by PussyGalore(f): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
I only travel by air so I don't bother myself too much about what I eat or drink cos the maximum time for any flight within Nigeria is just 90 minutes smiley

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Impregnable101: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
Do what works for you and stop creating irrelevant thread
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ChristianMuslim: 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
I eat jollof rice 200# 2meat 200#.. with bottle water

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Simpubozz(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Dice enough watermelon/Apple in a portable food flask

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by eedimo(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Empty
Just my alvomite

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy / UK Deports 83 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.