Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. (26790 Views)

DSP Bright Edafe, Deletes His Tweet (x-post) Condemning Forgery - haha too funny / Our Officer Didn't Shoot Any Medical Doctor - Delta PPRO, DSP Edafe / Meet Michael Nwokolo, A Police DSP With Unbelievable Stack Of Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by guass(m): 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
MR BRIGHT EDAFE, I STAND WITH YOU ON THIS EVEN IF A COMMON NIGERIAN HAS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NO ONE CAN INTIMIDATE YOU FOR EXERCISING FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
REMAIN BLESSED.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Rhassidy360: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
jumper524:
Now I understand why burna Boy say he hates twitter people.
The same people criticising him and making big of his honest football speculation are following the likes of mayor of ekiti and the rest OK the same twitter.
Yet they are forming holier than thou..
If today the National assembly pass a bill against sport betting, these Sane set of hypocrites would charge up and start comparing us with the UK.
They'll start bringing post of how betting have helped them.
Today they are slandering an innocent police man on his take on sport betting.

If it has destroyed many youth, the people you should slander are the law maker and the tax collectors which are the FG instead not your regular policeman operating withing what is legal within the law.
Bunch of twitter hypocrite.
Wetin wrong with wetin the man post 9ja and abosi I tire

2 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by tollyboy5(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
englishmart:
You're manifesting dumbness in an extremely disappointing manner.
You're the major dumb sadist and you don't just know. Life is not deeper life bible church.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nigerians need Brighter grammar grin
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by AlphaWolf27: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
There's absolutely nothing wrong with what he said nor posted. The odds thing was to elaborate on the excellent performance of Arsenal's manager.

3 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Aybiochem: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
In this life do whatever you want critism is part and parcel of human nature if you are good they will judge if you are bad they will judge as if betting is illegal

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by okoroemeka(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
michlins:
Many Nigeria people are sadists in real life because there's no way you can explain all these venom from them.

The police man only used pictorial representation to buttress his point but these people who are betting addicts and will never see anything good in someone else wants to make it look evil
seriously I don't see anything wrong with a police officer playing bet on sports ,he is a matured adult and there is no law prohibiting officers from betting, whatever he wants to do with his money is nobody s concern

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by omoadeleye(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

In this manner, yes it is.
Would same have been justified if you were seen posting a picture of a riffle.
Do you know how many that will try to check out the site just because he posted it?
If influencing isn't profitable, we won't have influencers.
We have ethics and we have law, that posting might not be legally wrong, but it is ethically.
If the President of the Nation posted same, would we have the same view?
As a police officer, should he be seen to be promoting gambling under any guise?
Alcohol consumption isn't illegal, but there is a reason uniform personnel are not allowed to consume it while on duty.
If the dude is an unknown police officer, that is, not a ranking officer or their image make, the action won't attract weight.
Despite cigarette and alcohol consumption not having legal implications on consumption, how many times have you seen senior cabinet members branding one to the full glare of everyone.
What he did isn't legally wrong, but it is in all sense ethically wrong

Okay, it's fine. All the best to everyone.

In my own opinion i don't think he is promoting it, because People against him are the gamblers and I'm very sure that it won't even sway non gamblers to start gambling.

Hence why i don't see it as a promotion

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Morphinne: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2023
I don’t see anything wrong in what the police officer said. He was only saying that Arsenal board and manager have done a really good job considering the odds they still got against a strong team like city. Besides, is betting now criminal in Nigeria? If betting is criminalized, I don’t see reason why forex and crypto trading aren’t declared illegal.
Frustrated people everywhere grin

3 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by OlujobaSamuel: 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
omoadeleye:

Okay, it's fine. All the best to everyone.

In my own opinion i don't think he is promoting it, because People against him are the gamblers and I'm very sure that it won't even sway non gamblers to start gambling.

Hence why i don't see it as a promotion
You are right. Only gamblers or those with lower degree of discipline will try to venture into it

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Blue3k(m): 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lol is gambling illegal?

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Clinghton: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
Am the only one that thinks there's nothing bad about his post.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by newnigerdelta00: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
englishmart:
Delta state Police PPRO, DSP Bright Edafe under fire after his Sportybet prediction of Arsenal beating City today.
People were particularly displeased that someone of his social standing would overtly or covertly endorse gambling.

Below is his tweet and the reactions it elicited.

https://twitter.com/Brightgoldenboy/status/1710918235510419776?t=Qi2b3kWvSnEkHJzqChbDVQ&s=19

Gambling is not a crime,if your money finish you rest.nigerians too local so police officer nor get right to use he money gamble or what...

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by ufuosman(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
I see nothing wrong in dat tweet

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Knew this guy will get himself in trouble sooner or later since I started seeing his tiktok videos
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Coronavirus1: 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
The police man did not use your money to gamble free him even Tinubu they bet9ja make una go ask am.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by livinbygrace: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
Make boys no do yahoo,make dem no do betting on top 30k naira salary and you dont want crime?Una don dey mad for this country.
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by slowice(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
That guy is too dull..... The dullest ppro ever
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Sleekfingers: 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
Is sport bet illegal in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by benqo01(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
How is he promoting gambling, some people on Twitter are very stupid...... So becos he his a police man or what?

This same people when govt ban sport betting will cry like mumu

MAKE dem free d man

3 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by spencekat(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
Before now, it would have been 5.01 odds(Arsenal) V. 1.6odds(Man City)

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Asabaproperty1: 5:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
michlins:
Many Nigeria people are sadists in real life because there's no way you can explain all these venom from them.

The police man only used pictorial representation to buttress his point but these people who are betting addicts and will never see anything good in someone else wants to make it look evil
Exactly… Na low brains.. There is nothing wrong for a police officer being aware of the happenings around him.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Allisgud: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
If this pro stake game come loose,he go just send him boys make them go recover the money for checkpoint
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by castro(m): 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2023
Actually, football betting is legal in Nigeria but prostitution is not. Bet9ja and co all fall under lottery and are taxed. The same tax used to fund the nation's budget.

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Chisave: 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
Omo, This police don cash out

2 Likes

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by aklion: 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
Play play sporty bet go overthrow bet9ja if they haven't already sef

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by Tozocalamity: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
All you need to become succesful in life is simply the right information. What did punters do with this information that was given them for free?

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by favour32(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2023
This policeman smart die.
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by victory36(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2023
Leave the man alone abeg. Nigerians react to everything that doesn't warrant reactions and ignore the matters that actually do. Aren't those betting companies paying taxes and registered under government? So what's the problem? It's not his fault some people don't have self control
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by emmylight4u: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
If some of you had listened to the man, put 1million naira for Arsenal to win, you would have won almost 3million naira

1 Like

Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by NewDea4: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
englishmart:
Delta state Police PPRO, DSP Bright Edafe under fire after his Sportybet prediction of Arsenal beating City today.
People were particularly displeased that someone of his social standing would overtly or covertly endorse gambling.

Below is his tweet and the reactions it elicited.

https://twitter.com/Brightgoldenboy/status/1710918235510419776?t=Qi2b3kWvSnEkHJzqChbDVQ&s=19

This is why I keep saying our people are too stupid. Sports gambling is not a crime in Nigeria, so why should he speak against it?
Re: DSP Bright Edafe Under Fire For His Pro-gambling Tweets. by erniok(m): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
michlins:
you're an example of the sadists I mentioned
Ignore him. As long as it's not a crime and not done within working hours, he has done no wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Organizes Send-off Ceremony For Adams Oshiomole (Photos) / Ahmed Rufai Abubakar Appointed The Director-general Of The NIA / How Presidency Held Adeosun’s Resignation Letter For One Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.