Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu (13986 Views)

Bose Ogulu: Burna Boy’s Mother Organised A 29th Birthday Surprise For Him / Fela Lying On Top Of Bose Ogulu, Burna Boy's Mother On Stage (Throwback Photo) / Bose Ogulu Wears Cleavage-Baring Dress, Steps Out With Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Davnews1: 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
The Nigerian megastar made history as the first African musician to headline a sold-out stadium show in the US, as well as the UK. Meanwhile, his latest album, I Told Them..., shot into the top 10 in charts across the world.

However, according to his mother, Burna Boy has not yet fulfilled his potential.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0esfqd5B8Y

"I admire the diligence, the hard work but he's still a work in progress," Bose Ogulu, who also manages the Afrobeats singer, told the BBC's Nyasha Michelle.

"There are many more milestones to attain. We need to not just step down and look at what we've done, but keep doing more."

Affectionately dubbed Mama Burna by fans, Ms Ogulu rivals Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner for the title of ultimate "momager".

Mama Burna learnt the trade from her own father, who managed late Nigerian icon Fela Kuti. Away from music, she's also an accomplished businesswoman and linguist.

"I ran a language school for 18 years. I quickly understood the power of languages and the power of culture," Ms Ogulu, who on Sunday joined the likes of Stormzy, Mohamed Salah and Mo Farah as a Best of Africa award-winner

In order to manage Burna, Ms Ogulu had to step away from the language school - a decision she says she was confident in making.

"I have known since he was probably 13 or 14 that he was going to be great at something. I had already seen him in the studio, I had already watched him form a high school band," she said.

"From when he was in JSS3, which I think would be Year 9, we started trading studio time for grades. I would say: 'OK, if you make a B or an A in this, I'll pay for studio time during your mid-term'."

However, she "wasn't prepared" for Burna Boy to drop out of university in order to pursue his burgeoning music career.

She said: "That was my problem, like 'OK you can do this, but you're almost there. How about you just finish this degree programme'.

"That's where the African in me came out. Together his father, my father and I sat down and told him the consequences of doing it his way and he was like: 'That's fine'."

Burna Boy has since won a Grammy and toured the world with his music, so the gamble has clearly paid off.

So where do the mother-son duo go from here?

"If we're doing four stadiums, let's do 10," Ms Ogulu said.

"There's always a higher level to get to - and that should be our focus."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67030073.amp

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by 1gbdata: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by datola: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wow. Great African Momager!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by MorataFC: 8:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Rahkman: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Burnazilla the original 001
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by zombieHUNTER: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
The arrogant fool will meet his Waterloo ..

He has no aiota of humility inside..
Burna's pomposity can makes koredo bello think he's Michael Jackson

8 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Creamypie(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Y Nigerian songs dey pain me for ear self?

7 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Atarakpa: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
Indirectly replying to amu pric...k. FIFA executive

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by 9jacelebrity: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
So Burna boy will be the next Jay Z

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by DebbieNotNice: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
Odogwu no be nickname.

11 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by stanliwise(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
The arrogant fool will meet his Waterloo ..

He has no aiota of humility inside
Stop smoking colos

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Tozocalamity: 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2023
Milf

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Freemood1: 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
Everyone wants to trend

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2023
😎
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by wunmi590(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2023

In as much as you are trying to motivate him to do more with this your choice of word...

Please burna is a very big musician, has has won alot of awards International, and he has been bringing joy to people's life with his songs...

Please hype him when it is necessary...

12 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Justinlean02(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
*Do I look like I give a F**k, I don't give a πŸ’‰ Obataosu*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Sonnobax15(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Tinubustar: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
πŸ€”πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ‘
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Houseofglam7(f): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
😊😊😊😊
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by hkidola00(m): 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
why are fathers been behind

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Quantum57(m): 8:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Great one burna one of Africa
Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wonderful Mumzy, protecting her Son.

She say her Son is still a work in progress, make people no chuck eyes on him.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by Wisereborn: 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
You are modest

You help to keep him in check πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Still 'A Work In Progress' - Mother, Bose Ogulu by zoeymikey(f): 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2023
Davnews1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-67030073.amp
Wahala for people that have parents. Mtchewwwww. Sha,good for them,bad for me who dnt have.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Leaked Video Of Davido Girlfriend Surfaces: The Beauty That Made Him Cheat / Ras Kimono Is Not A Rastaferian, He Broke The Rules - Majek Fashek / JUST IN: Nollywood Actor Clem Onyeka Shot Dead (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.