Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,661 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Ogun Palliatives: Why I Lied Against Dapo Abiodun's Government (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ogun Palliatives: Why I Lied Against Dapo Abiodun's Government (video) (225 Views)

Uche Maduagwu: I Lied About My Gay Status (Pics) / Cynthia Morgan Lied Against Her Record Label? (Contract) / Davido Poses With Governor Dapo Abiodun, The Father Of His Late Friend, DJ Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Palliatives: Why I Lied Against Dapo Abiodun's Government (video) by GlobalNews2020: 6:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ogun palliatives: Why I Lied against Dapo Abiodun's Government (Video)

The man in the videos is Mr. Timothy Agboola, a Community Development Association (CDA) chairman in Mower area of Obafemi-Owode LGA, Ogun State.

The community leader has been trending on social media following an earlier online video he released where he picked holes in the palliatives being doled out by the state government through the LGA to the people of the council.

In the first video, Agboola claimed that a 10kg bag of rice was given to his CDA by the LGA to be shared among all the people in the community.

His complaint attracted widespread condemnations on social media with many wondering how such diminutive palliative will go round the multitude of community residents.

However, it turned out that Agboola had raised a false alarm. His claims in the first video weren't true at all. For a fact, he had wrongly portrayed the laudable palliative efforts of the state government.

According to Agboola himself in a second and third videos he released after the first one, he discovered he goofed in the first video as the 10kg bag of rice he displayed as announced was s meant for his entire community, was actually given to a widow as her own share of the palliatives.

As you can hear in the second and third videos, the CDA chairman, while pleading with all those who shared the first video to please help him to share the others, said he was misinformed, leading to the misleading video he rushed to release on social media.

"I regret making the video. I didn't mean to tarnish the image of the governments in Ogun state. The bag of rice I displayed on the bonnet of the car and said it was meant for the whole community was actually given to a member of the CDA as her own. It was not meant for the whole CDA as I claimed in the first video.

"Further investigation by me after the first video generated controversies revealed that many bags of rice have been shared in my community while I was away on a journey. The Muslim community already collected some. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) collected, artisan groups, women groups, youth groups, even the Baale and numerous other groups and persons were all given palliatives. It is part of these that the widow got her own bag.

"I sincerely regret making the first video. I was moved to do it by concern based on the misinformation I earlier got. I apologize seriously for this mistake and I warn those who are twisting the matter into something else to desist. The palliative arrangement in Ogun state is the best I have seen ever," he recanted.

Definitely, it is always better to look, before leaping. Mr. Agboola must have learnt a valuable lesson from his ordeal as a trending social media subject in the past week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-J6wroRq-I?si=4PJE2A7urIwVapkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg37-IPCc2c?si=KpNodHFJHAaEaHqZ

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Media Deliberately Tarnished My Image Just Like My Dad – Seun Kuti / Kylie Jenner Is Releasing Another Brand / Pre- Shiloh Encounter Service 2023- Rescue Miracle Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.