Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel (44077 Views)

US Sends Ship To Build Temporary Seaport In Gaza(photos) / Deported Haitians Angry After US Sends Them Back To Port-au-prince / Russia Sinks Aircraft Carrier Near Hawai As US Navy Strike Group Heads To Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by regenerateman(m): 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
Behappy2:
Beloved, please don't just scroll pass, please can any kind hearted person please assist me with little money to get drugs. Am seriously down with malaria and typhoid, and I don't have a dime on me to eat or buy medicine am running temperature please.cant die in silence please help me in any little way. May you never lack anything in this life. Amen.
Please my name is Angelah
G.TBank

MOD should ban people soliciting for help on this platform. These people should use their hands and work and not to come here and beg.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by sangresan(m): 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
Jmarjr:
See ally na

Ready to always help.....

Forget, US as world power will not end soon ....

Una no know anything. Will the US enter into the theatre of conflict apart from sending weapons to Israel? Una go just dey make noise on Nairaland.

Sey US fit fight proper land war ni?
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Botragelad: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
Newton2024:
Are they dead or alive?
No info regarding that!
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Botragelad: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
Akpacha:
Are these people Ireali or hamas soldiers?
Hamas terrorist!

1 Like

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Greenfaces: 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
able20:

Oga Putin territory no be playing ground
Putin actually warned them not to try it. Now na Palestine. Them get power. If na China or North Korea, them go calm down again.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by smokinloud(m): 9:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
Spending123:
Corn247, Corinthians and other agbado urch*ns will not be happy with this news.

Why are most APC supporters on Nairaland always on the wrong side of defending and supporting nonsense?
Alaye check my profile. I be correct agbado and I stand with Israel!.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by DaTruths: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Fvck Israel!

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ

Only online, israel will fvck Hamas and her Gaza sympathisers in Palestine up, kill them in their thousands and no modafukker will cough.

USA is with them.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by DaTruths: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
Spending123:
Corn247, Corinthians and other agbado urch*ns will not be happy with this news.

Why are most APC supporters on Nairaland always on the wrong side of defending and supporting nonsense?

They are Yoruba muslims
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Eneye4me: 9:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
obedience4:
Good news .
The USA military must be ready to respond To any ineventualties
A shameful country fighting a country without a Navy, army and airforce.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by ReubenE(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
ehikwe22:

You're clearly biased. Israel's mode of operation has always been indiscriminate killing of civilians as much as possible. If you attack Israel today, the next minute they'll strike as much civilian infrastructure as possible including airports and hospitals
Well, we may go back and forth on the above. Perhaps you have access to some information I am not privy to.
However, from available evidence as regards what you just said, Israel always give advance warning for civilian evacuation before those targets are brought down inside Gaza. It is alleged that Hamas is using them as command centres or launch attacks against Israel from those locations. Whether Israel is telling lies in saying Hamas is using those locations for military operations, we certainly cannot tell from here since we are far away from the theatre. But trust me, Hamas has never denied using civilians or civilian infrastructure as body shield whenever there are confrontations like this.

I am not trying to support any party here because I understand that there are no angels in a war theater. But on this particular attack, Hamas is wrong on many fronts and innocent people will pay dearly
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Eneye4me: 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
almarthins:

America no send strike fleets because hamas, na because Iranian involvement in the game. The hunt is because of Iran, let alone America go just let Israel deal with matter.

War powers are vindictive in mentality.
U people said Israelis defeated arab, why are their begging for American help
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by soccerlite: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hamas has stepped on the lion's tail

Surely they shall be blown away
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Manna4Gurls: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
This Israel-Hamas conflict, i don't know how it came about and cause
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by eteebanky: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
LordCenturion:
Israel are evil supported by devil(nato). Israel should be wiped out, they enslaved palestine,killing and jailing innocent citizen of palestine,including women and children because they have the support of nato. The world,UN and NATO fold their arms and never caution israel... Death to israel

You must be very very stupid,I'm 100% sure, you're a Muslim

You guys will always cause trouble everywhere you go

Go to India and see your show of shame

You guys said Islam is a religion of peace, but reverse is the case oo

2 Likes

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Babangidapikin: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2023
ReubenE:

Hamas is fully funded by Iran. It is not hidden. Iranians own up to it. But if cause, they receive support from other sources too especially with their ability to carry out an attack of this magnitude.

In the coming days, we may or may not fully understand how Israeli intelligence failed as they are renowned for their advancement in detecting threats.
My individual interest is in learning why and how Israeli was a bit lackadaisical in responding to the attack. Israeli response was not swift like previously. Hamas operated almost unchallenged for hours before there was counter response against the militants that were already on Israeli soil.
The more reason I believe there's a more advance player involved to compromise Israel's intelligence for people with 30,000 PhDs in Telecommunication alone ..I find it really strange.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Babangidapikin: 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
Newton2024:
You sounds like an Islamic terrorist.
I am not Sir, I don't like anything terror ..
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by StarGra: 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2023
Bleep Palestinia..

๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

AllenSpencer:
Fvck Israel!

1 Like

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Babangidapikin: 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
MT:

So where BBC states that - "Hamas is backed by Iran which funds it" in the report has not shown you enough proof that Iran is a sponsor.

I guess we are dealing with comprehension problem here.
Sorry it was written close to the black spot , I didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by smokinloud(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
israelmao:
Hamas are well known for surprise attacks Egypt and Syaria did same sometimes ago against Israel,Hamas are in for triple trouble considering the losses suffered by Israel.
The reason for this is Israel's leniency.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by smokinloud(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Fvck Israel!

Sad to you tho.

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by SuccessfulRichi: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
We Nigerians are in full support of Israel and the UNITED STATES IF AMERICA!!! DEATH โ˜ ๏ธ๐Ÿ’€โ˜ ๏ธ TO ALL TERRORISTS COUNTRIES!!! WE world deserve better. Please I want to ask which tribe do all these terrorists come from in the world Can they be wiped out completely on the surface of earth. I detest all of them!!
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Goodlady(f): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Fvck Israel!

Fรปck you. Ewu!

1 Like

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by almarthins(m): 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
Eneye4me:
U people said Israelis defeated arab, why are their begging for American help

The great Alexander begged for Spartan support during his war campaign against Persia.

Russian during Hitler's blizgriz move toward Moscow, Josef Stalin wrote to Britain for military support in like of arms, as most of the military industries was destroyed by germany

North Korean beg china for military support during Korean war.

So Israel is not of place to look for allies. Let's not forget Hitler got Italy and Japan on his side during the world war.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Eneye4me: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
uncleinans:

Did you hear about the six days war? Israel were observing the holy holiday and three arab countries attacked them, inflict serious pain and damage on them. The next day when they started their own, trust me within six days the war was over.

No be who first start war the sing song of victory.Tje USA and European terrorists supported Israel on the war against them

The scores will change soon. Believe that.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by ohil: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
Hamas has really opened the gate of hell.
This is an opportunity for Israel to advance further into Gaza and occupy further space.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by NOwazobia: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
BentizilL0:

Your position is flawed for mentioning Russia...

US has always act like this whenever she or it ally are against weak opponent...
Iran agreed but Russia? No..

There are more Russia Israeli than any western nation in Israel, Russia will not kill it citizen...
But the way US is going, the region will be set ablaze.. People won't condemn this move but react when Russia counter the move...

You're bringing warship and all your mighty weapons to face a ragtag and underarmed Palestine...

We'll see where this will lead, a great time to be alive...
The difference now is whether officially and unofficially.

Indirectly, Russian has made their position known.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by DaTruths: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
sirgalahad26:
I don't know why I'm excited about this surprise attack on Israel.

Because you are a Muslim
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Jughead29: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
Supporting Israel from Nigeria... and a lesson to any group, country, religion supporting terrorists..... you will be grounded because people who want Peace shall see peace by destroying people who want war
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by Swiftgrp: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
politicoNG:

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-american-carrier-strike-force-mediterranean-db05d535a9ebb931f684f758c9b6f628
The 3rd intifada... The biggest ever invasion on Israeli soil since 1948.
Israeli intel really got a heavy blow below the belt.
Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by ReubenE(m): 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
obedience4:

The aircraft carrier is just a big defenceless slow moving ship, it's faster than most cars and also it is constantly on the move

The key here is it's strike group, the destroyers that accompany it are especially made to protect it from threats like the drone you just said,

Carrier are more vulnerable to cruise missles than drone, any drone that comes near a carrier it's toast, before it even makes visible contact with it
Like you rightly said, it is the other components of the strike group that makes it an elite fighting force.

But the impression that a "carrier" is a big defenseless ship is not entirely correct. These are not carriers used in World War 1. Aircraft Carriers have their own defenses too like anti-air self-defense system so it is not entirely a sitting duck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by VEHINTOLAR: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
maasoap:

Israel knows better than to wage war against Iran. This is not about who will win but the cost of prosecuting war against Iran will be too much for Israel. Na today Israel herself start assassinating Iranian scientists on Iran soil and nothing happened.

You're wrong ! Israel has always wanted to go to war with Iran but it has always been stopped or discouraged from doing so by the US. And that's because the Americans know that any war between Israel and Iran will set the United States on a collision course with their allies in the region. Middle East is a volatile region such that a war between Israel and Iran or any of its neighbors can degenerate into a religious war which will certainly pitch United States against its allies - Egypt,Saudi Arabia,UAE,Jordan, Turkiye,etc in the region. This is what United States does not want to happen. It is not about the cost implications of such war,it is about maintaining stability in that region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Sends Carrier Strike Group To The Eastern Mediterranean In Support Of Israel by travismacoy: 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
[My prayers and love is with Isreal๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™quote author=AllenSpencer post=126281536]Fvck Israel!

๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ธ[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Clinton Hinote: We Are Out Of Time, China Has Caught Up / Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Jacob Zuma Caught Sleeping In Parliament (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.