Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Do You Speak Spanish? - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Speak Spanish? (8291 Views)

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? / How Many Languages Can You Speak Fluently? / Do You Speak Yoruba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by stamma(m): 3:47am On Aug 12, 2009
hola todos,
alegre puedo hablar lengua española aquí, porque necesito realmente mejorar en mi lengua española.

keyne:

dis is NAIRALAND for nigerians.dnt soil it wit spanish nonsense.

have you heard of the word bilingual?
i beat you hvn't.
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hola stamma, bien venido aquí. No usa tu tiempo contestar keyne. solo es una nina. Donde estas? como aprendiste español?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by stamma(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
@defman,
gracias mucho. Viví en España por un año que es cuando aprendí lengua española. ¿qué sobre usted?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 4:45pm On Aug 12, 2009
Muy Bien. Estoy en los estados unidos, pero tenia un compañero de casa y el es de México. También tengo muchos amigos de latino americano. Me gustaría visitar España, es un hermoso lugar si?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by romeo(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2009
que bien lo haceis chicos!!

stamma:

@defman,
gracias mucho. Viví en España por un año que es cuando aprendí lengua española. ¿qué sobre usted?

You googled that cheesy cheesy, pero aun me encanta el interes mostrado por vosotros en decie algo aqui al menos
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2009
romeo:

que bien lo haceis chicos!!

You googled that cheesy cheesy, pero aun me encanta el interes mostrado por vosotros en decie algo aqui al menos

Jajajaja lol! como supiste que el uso google? y tu, usas "vosotros". I know they use vosotros only in spain. Where did you learn?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by bgees(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2009
Pandejo!
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by romeo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2009
defman:

Jajajaja lol! como supiste que el uso google? y tu, usas "vosotros". I know they use vosotros only in spain. Where did you learn?

Bueno me di cuenta que el utilizaba goodle nada mas leer lo que escribio jajaja!! Si vivo en España desde hace un tiempo.
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2009
ahora donde estas? volviste a Nigeria?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by romeo(m): 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2009
defman:

ahora donde estas? volviste a Nigeria?

En España aun! Y tu donde estas?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2009
Estoy en los estados unidos, soy estudiante aqui. Me gustaria vistar Espana. Supe que hay muchas buenos lugares alla. si?
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by Markenny(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2009
amor a primera vista
Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by blackspade(m): 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2009
I'm taking a Spanish 101 course at a community college. This is the first time I've taken Spanish anywhere, and I'm still in high school (12th grade). I'm doing well, I haven't scored lower than a B (well I got a low C on a quiz, but that was only one time) on any test or quiz, but the class is difficult and requires a lot of study.

We're now learning how to conjugate verbs, and how to use the question words.

These are the verbs we're on now: ir (voy, vas, va, vamos, vais, van), and est (estoy, estas, esta, estamos, estais, estan).

For the Spanish experts out there, could anyone explain to me a few things to me?

I notice that when you translate something from English into Spanish, the literal translation puts the words in an order that would be illogical in English. Why don't the words in Spanish flow like they would in English?

Another question I have is with the conjugation of certain verbs. For example, when using "voy" in saying "Voy a los bibloteca para estudio", should I put "Yo" in front, or does the "voy" suggest the "yo" already?

Re: Do You Speak Spanish? by defman: 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2009
These are the verbs we're on now: ir (voy, vas, va, vamos, vais, van), and est (estoy, estas, esta, estamos, estais, estan).
First, let's get the spelling of the verb correctly. You said "est", I believe you meant "estar". All spanish verbs end in either "ar", "er" or "ir".
I notice that when you translate something from English into Spanish, the literal translation puts the words in an order that would be illogical in English. Why don't the words in Spanish flow like they would in English?
Understand that spanish is a language in itself as well as English. Your question can also be put like - Why don't the words in English flow like they would in spanish? All languages are unique and none is superior.
Another question I have is with the conjugation of certain verbs. For example, when using "voy" in saying "Voy a los bibloteca para estudio", should I put "Yo" in front, or does the "voy" suggest the "yo" already?
In spanish, when you conjugate the verb, the spelling is different depending on the subject of the verb. This is different in English.
Yo voy a mi casa - I go to my house
Tu vas a tu casa - You go to your house
El va a su casa - He goes to his house.
You can see the differences voy, vas and va in spanish whereas in english, the verb is pretty much the same go, go, goes. Thus you can eliminate the Yo and the Tu and just say voy a mi casa because you will still be understood. I guess somewhere along the line, the Yo disappeared. It's not used unless it's absolutely necessary - for eg when using a verb that does not distinguish I or you, or when emphasis is to be placed on the Yo.

Have fun in spanish class.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enu Ani (ndokwa ,ukwani Or Aniocha) Sons And Daugthers / The Great Benin Empire / Meet Ezelekhae's Benin Crown Prince And His Father, Oba Ewuare ii (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.