Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years (34193 Views)

‘kidnap Kingpin’ Wadume regains freedom, gets heroic Welcome In Taraba / Governor Obaseki Given A Heroic Welcome As He Arrives Benin After Osun Victory / Sunday Igboho's Wife, Aides Regain Freedom In Ekiti. Lady K, 6 Boys Still Held (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Morbeta11(m): 6:35am On Oct 09, 2023
Sunday Igboho regains freedom in Benin after two years

Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo, better known as Sunday Igboho, has regained his freedom from the Beninese authorities.

The embattled agitator said on Sunday he was now legally free to leave Cotonou, capital of the Benin Republic, to Nigeria and other countries.

“I am now free to return to Nigeria and visit any country in the world. I have fulfilled all the legal conditions attached to my bail a few years back and I am coming home to Nigeria, my country of origin, any moment from now.

“I can confirm to you that I am now free to come back to Nigeria. There is no legal encumbrance again. Even though I have been living in Cotonou for some time, I can confirm to you categorically that I have now secured the liberty to leave Cotonou for Nigeria,” Adeyemo told the Nigerian Tribune on Sunday.

He regained freedom after two years of trial by the Beninese government.

The PUNCH reports that Adeyemo stirred the hornet’s nest when he declared the Yoruba Nation’s sovereignty in March 2021.

He started a campaign to chase killer herdsmen and kidnappers out of the South-West states and went on to call on Yoruba in Hausa/Fulani or Igbo territories to return home.

He, however, fled Nigeria in July 2021 following a nocturnal invasion of his Ibadan residence by the operatives of the Department of State Services.

The attack led to at least one death, while some of his belongings were vandalised.

The DSS claimed that seven AK-47 rifles, pump-action guns, and 5,000 rounds of ammunition, charms and other weapons were recovered from his apartment during the invasion.

The judgment was later set aside by the Court of Appeal in August 2022.

He was later arrested at the Cardinal Bernardin International Airport in Cotonou, Benin Republic while attempting to flee to Germany.

Attempts by the former President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to repatriate him to Nigeria were unsuccessful.

https://punchng.com/sunday-igboho-regains-freedom-in-benin-after-two-years/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1696808818

340 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:37am On Oct 09, 2023
I have this feeling that this current administration facilitated his release.

I hope they look into Nnamdi's case too

115 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by inoki247: 6:37am On Oct 09, 2023
Lol two years...

So wetin Benin Republic hold him for....

Or dem jus feel like wasting two years of his life....

If u get issue with Nigeria you come run go Kenya you're on ur own....

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Ikpeyi: 6:37am On Oct 09, 2023
The greatest Yoruba man

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by sonnie10: 6:37am On Oct 09, 2023
Oduwa nation must be established

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Dedeity: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Tinubu is a first class criminal

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by gunuvi(m): 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
I almost injured myself while rushing to read comments.
Welcome back Ijaya fun gbogbo fulani. The real defender of his people.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by bobobenz: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
THIS GUY REALLY DEALT A BLOW TO FULANI IMPERIALISM IN THE SOUTH WEST... WISH WE HAD MORE OF HIS LIKES IN OTHER PARTS OF THE SOUTH

335 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by ONEjoblessGUY: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Lol........
Yeah........Yorubas might not actually be perfect but trust me.......they r very wise..........

Rather.......than release their very own to that Fulani man called buhari to feast on........while protecting his fellow miyetti allah terrorist.........

They have Benin republic lied to Nigeria.......that he's bin detained jux so he doesn't get deported and jailed by Nigeria govt...........

kudos to ooni and other traditional leader that stood up for him...........

I pity Nnamdi Kanu Sha............

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by sukkot: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
cheesy awon ajagun ti oduduwa niyen oooo

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Thinkfree(m): 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
inoki247:
Lol two years...

So wetin Benin Republic hold him for....

Or dem jus feel like wasting two years of his life....
nnamdi will be free soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by southsouthking(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
Face of a sheep, heart of a lion.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Klington: 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
shocked
Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by EmeeNaka: 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
Ok
Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

Nnamdi Kanu is different from this guy. MNK is a genuine freedom fighter unlike this political noise maker. If Nnamdi Kanu has jettison his idea of BIAFRA since, he would have regained freedom.

MNK would prefer to die in prison than abaddon BIAFRAN agitation. Nnamdi Kanu is the Mandela of our time. Fact

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by STEWpid(f): 6:39am On Oct 09, 2023
Chai..

He should quickly be served Amala ati Ewedu so that he can regain his senses.

E don tey..

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by saydfact(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2023
Waoh..

Nigeria happened to him.. He better go chill jejely somewhere...

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by haconjy(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2023
Good,
One day Biafra Leader Kanu, will also regain his freedom.

10 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by PlayerMeji: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Let's hear from the propaganda side of the eastern news

334 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by datola: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Warrior!

Jakumo!

Jagun jagun!

Ka a bo.

Se da da lo de?

327 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Atarakpa: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Baba go humble himself now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Goalnaldo(m): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Funny how almost everyone forgot about him. Shows how quickly humans are forgotten

21 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by accordadoga26(f): 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by thaoriginator: 6:41am On Oct 09, 2023
grin

Mugu! Wetin be your next move now?

Na to enter one bear parlor for Ibadan scatter gulder bottles for naaaa cheesy

Mission Accomplished 💪🏾 grin
Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by accordadoga26(f): 6:42am On Oct 09, 2023
Thinkfree:
nnamdi will be free soon

Emeskhalifa:

simfrost90210:
😒😒e remain MNK
Nigeria govt, make una dey play!

shocked The same Nnamdi Kanu that said Tinubu must go down during Endsars ordering his headless mobs to burn down his investment and kill him?

You want the same Nnamdi Kanu released by the same assaulted Tinubu or wetin una dey say abi I no dey hear well?

339 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Truthsave: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
Nice one. But Nnamdi Kanu must die in jail because he belongs to an irrelevant tribe in Nigeria. Bloody fourth class citizens. The most relevant trades in Nigeria are the Yorubas, Hausa/fulanis and the Ijaws. God bless other smaller tribes too except those irrelevant mofos from the South East.

I don't blame a lazy clown 🤡 like you !

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by Prince111111: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
Nice one. But Nnamdi Kanu must die in jail because he belongs to an irrelevant tribe in Nigeria. Bloody fourth class citizens. The most relevant trades in Nigeria are the Yorubas, Hausa/fulanis and the Ijaws. God bless other smaller tribes too except those irrelevant mofos from the South East.
this isn't needed

12 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho Regains Freedom In Benin After Two Years by simfrost90210: 6:42am On Oct 09, 2023
😒😒e remain MNK
Nigeria govt, make una dey play!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: Relocation Of Mile 12 Market Is "Unfair And Unacceptable" / Precious Chikwendu Speaks On Detention At Access Bank In Ekiti By EFCC Orders / Airforce Jets Bomb Gbise, Ayaka, Benue Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.