Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) (73430 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / Twitter War: Nigeria Vs Kenya (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Angelfrost(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
your country top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world with useless weak currency.

Only mad men on the road don't know that your country is nothing to write home about.

Your opinion still doesn't scratch or invalidate my point.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
creativehubb:

Shut up mumu, why all the people wey dey America never come buy all the properties here. You forget inflation, you forget that even though naira value is dropping if you hold N1million here now, it's next to nothing...that your minimum wage there will still keep you in the struggling bracket even in Nigeria...plus you spend dollars there, and we spend naira here. Olodo mumu.
Give those sermon to your useless government that has eaten the future of innocent Nigerians. Your government go dey enjoy na una go dey suffer.

Black man with their poor brain
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
Angelfrost:

Your opinion still doesn't scratch or invalidate my point.
your point is useless and inconsequential to an average Nigerians
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

Its all hyped. I live in Greater Toronto Area and there is a neighborhood called Jane & Finch popular among many low income earners of African descent. The roads are bad there. Infrastructure is poor with high rates of crime. A high income earner will definitely not live in Jane & Finch thus to me avoiding poverty is more important than being in country A or country B. A poor man abroad will equally suffer hardship
Really. now dash me your visa and come back to naija since it's overated. i know you wont reply.. bloody fool. grin
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by vickydevoka(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
MegaBozz:
Checkout this four friends when they were hustling in Nigeria and when they were chilling aboard.

In this life, never give up.
Believe you in me, they are happier but not better in Nigeria. Abroad hard
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Interesting

But i need to let you know that the country Nigeria is nothing to write home today. The rate of unemployment in the country is unbearable. Parents now discourage their children from pursuing a degree after high school. Even children themselves are also unbothered having seen their neighbours, uncles, aunties, nephews, nieces et al that has been unemployed for years after school. You'd imagine why can't they consider business right? But sadly only those from rhch or comfortable home whose parents, families could raise some funds would consider business.

I suggest you come back home probably for a month to see for yourself. Most Nigeria graduate are either into cyber fraud or unskilled labour like motorcycle riders, bus conductors and the likes. Those that are working earn meagre income compare to the level of inflation in the country. In Nigeria today, who you know is superior and much better than a first-class. We have first-class in Nigeria jobless or being underemployed. I have seen a family with 4 graduates and they still struggle to feed in Nigeria.

Nigeria in your father's time doesn't exist anymore. Our politicians had reduced the masses to nothing with hardship and unfriendly policy. I believe we all know relocating abroad for greener pastures is not always easy and living in your home country is actually the best. However, this only applies to those who had something reasonable doing not for those unemployed or underemployed graduates. Migration is not a crime. It is part of human endeavour. I see no crime in people migrating. People migrate for several reasons. Some economic, education, health, security et al. People migrate temporary or permanent

One thing you should also know that Nigeria doesn't come close when it comes to countries that are relocating. We do not come top 20. Countries that are doing better than us, their citizens still relocate massively for whatever reason best known to them. Nigeria only love making noise. How many people can even afford relocating in Nigeria today. Less than 5% can afford it. The remaining 95% are stuck. They obviously aren't happy but they had no choice. Reason why the rate of crime had gone up in the country. Once the level of poverty and hardship in a country keep increasing on a daily basis, obviously it'd lead to increase in crime.

What would be your sincere advice for a graduate who has been unemployed for years or earning #30,000 monthly as salary? What would be your advice if such a person got the opportunity to relocate for greener pastures? You'd tell that person to remain in Nigeria?
In your father's time first-class graduates are given automatic employment but that doesn't exist anymore. Unemployment and poverty level in Nigeria during your father's time was little compare to what we have today. Nigeria's population during your father's time was lower compare to what we have today.

Corruption, nepotism, pOVERTY, unemployment, insecurity et al

I don't want to write anything about Nigeria government because i believe you know they're the architect of all these menace we're going through in the country
leave that fool to be yearning dust, he thinks he's making sense.. grin they are chilling abroad and discouraging people from coming... you're even going too far...Nigeria of 2023 isn't even the Nigeria of 2013... grin
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by cassette(m): 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Nigerians would hustle up to 3 million Naira working comfortable jobs and Japa to work for Oyinbo and snap pics .. horrible jobs

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

Both guy served their masters as apprentice and started a business valued at 3 million, monthly profit of #300,000

Chinedu Japa to Malaysia thinking he would get a job without certificate after selling off his shop

Unfuntunately no Job except selling drugs.. which he sold and got caught

Chuckwudi continue with his business and opened many other shops , married and started a life,

Mugu
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 8:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
Angelfrost:
That's still the success story of some guys who didn't Japa...!

This attempt to bash your nation is unnecessary and failed woefully.
okay i challange you to mention just one success story totally based in nigeria.. in 2023, that doesnt involve cyber fraud, politics.. or tech funding from abroad... Bloody fool grin
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Angelfrost(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
headboyprince:
okay i challange you to mention just one success story totally based in nigeria.. in 2023, that doesnt involve cyber fraud, politics.. or tech funding from abroad... Bloody fool grin

Adebisi (Engineer based in Lagos)

Yunusa (trader based in Kaduna)

Fegor (Electronics dealer in Abuja)

Chiazor (Owns three top retail outfits in Anambra and Abia)

...If you need more names, let me know.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Fearyourcreator: 9:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
POOR OLD MAN LIVING IN AGEGE eulogising Emilokan the old frail man, drug lord, cocaine sniffer, money laundering and certificate forgery with no heritage

Your parents are better as BARREN than having a useless son like you
Mumu graduate ... na your mate down there dey do 3xploit before she graduate so... female for that matter .. you dey nairaland dey shout government up and down... werey don see money borrow buy data...
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
headboyprince:
leave that fool to be yearning dust, he thinks he's making sense.. grin they are chilling abroad and discouraging people from coming... you're even going too far...Nigeria of 2023 isn't even the Nigeria of 2013... grin
Some of them are just naturally evil. I don't understand what they gain seeing people suffering while they live their dream life
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Mumu graduate ... na your mate down there dey do 3xploit before she graduate so... female for that matter .. you dey nairaland dey shout government up and down... werey don see money borrow buy data...
POOR OLD MAN. AT your age you dey drag with small small pickin for nairaland on top government wey no know you exist using seun platform someone you're older than. You're a SHAMBLES OLD CARGO WITH YOUR OLUWOLE ENGLISH😂

BLOODY SLAVE

Like slave, like master

POOR OLD AGEGE SLAVE 😂
WITH DRUG LORD, COCAINE SNIFFER, MONEY LAUNDRY AND CERTIFICATE FORGERY MASTER
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Fearyourcreator: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
POOR OLD MAN. AT your age you dey drag with small small pickin for nairaland on top government wey no know you exist using seun platform someone you're older than. You're a SHAMBLES OLD CARGO WITH YOUR OLUWOLE ENGLISH😂

BLOODY SLAVE

Like slave, like master

POOR OLD AGEGE SLAVE 😂
WITH DRUG LORD, COCAINE SNIFFER, MONEY LAUNDRY AND CERTIFICATE FORGERY MASTER
It's a slave that brags with another mans language...
Alaiye baje...
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

It's a slave that brags with another mans language...
Alaiye baje...
POOR OLD AGEGE SLAVE. NA THE LANGUAGE YOUR COUNTRY DEY USE

IT'S THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE FOR COMMUNICATION

POOR OLODO MAN WITH HIS OLUWOLE ENGLISH 😂
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by SonofGod231: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Where exactly?!
Coz Osu area for GH and Kigali Kenya na abroad ohh.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by bizhop01: 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fake photo along with fake post
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Fearyourcreator: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
POOR OLD AGEGE SLAVE. NA THE LANGUAGE YOUR COUNTRY DEY USE

IT'S THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE FOR COMMUNICATION

POOR OLODO MAN WITH HIS OLUWOLE ENGLISH 😂
Same English wey you no Sabi speak yourself... you wrote nonsense English wey no exist ... you still making mouth .. official language no dey feed many people... na official language dey feed you... sorry na hunger go kee you cus na everytime you dey cry here ...
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by tshtsh: 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Interesting

But i need to let you know that the country Nigeria is nothing to write home today. The rate of unemployment in the country is unbearable. Parents now discourage their children from pursuing a degree after high school. Even children themselves are also unbothered having seen their neighbours, uncles, aunties, nephews, nieces et al that has been unemployed for years after school. You'd imagine why can't they consider business right? But sadly only those from rhch or comfortable home whose parents, families could raise some funds would consider business.

I suggest you come back home probably for a month to see for yourself. Most Nigeria graduate are either into cyber fraud or unskilled labour like motorcycle riders, bus conductors and the likes. Those that are working earn meagre income compare to the level of inflation in the country. In Nigeria today, who you know is superior and much better than a first-class. We have first-class in Nigeria jobless or being underemployed. I have seen a family with 4 graduates and they still struggle to feed in Nigeria.

Nigeria in your father's time doesn't exist anymore. Our politicians had reduced the masses to nothing with hardship and unfriendly policy. I believe we all know relocating abroad for greener pastures is not always easy and living in your home country is actually the best. However, this only applies to those who had something reasonable doing not for those unemployed or underemployed graduates. Migration is not a crime. It is part of human endeavour. I see no crime in people migrating. People migrate for several reasons. Some economic, education, health, security et al. People migrate temporary or permanent

One thing you should also know that Nigeria doesn't come close when it comes to countries that are relocating. We do not come top 20. Countries that are doing better than us, their citizens still relocate massively for whatever reason best known to them. Nigeria only love making noise. How many people can even afford relocating in Nigeria today. Less than 5% can afford it. The remaining 95% are stuck. They obviously aren't happy but they had no choice. Reason why the rate of crime had gone up in the country. Once the level of poverty and hardship in a country keep increasing on a daily basis, obviously it'd lead to increase in crime.

What would be your sincere advice for a graduate who has been unemployed for years or earning #30,000 monthly as salary? What would be your advice if such a person got the opportunity to relocate for greener pastures? You'd tell that person to remain in Nigeria?
In your father's time first-class graduates are given automatic employment but that doesn't exist anymore. Unemployment and poverty level in Nigeria during your father's time was little compare to what we have today. Nigeria's population during your father's time was lower compare to what we have today.

Corruption, nepotism, pOVERTY, unemployment, insecurity et al

I don't want to write anything about Nigeria government because i believe you know they're the architect of all these menace we're going through in the country
It’s hard no doubt and I don’t doubt any point you’ve raised. I visit Nigeria every six months and my last visit was in June this year. However I’ve realised that merely being in country A doesn’t always solve the problem on an individual level. For instance in Canada immigrants without a work permit are not able to work legitimately or even apply to work till they get the required permit. Thus an underemployed nurse moving to Canada as an illegal immigrant will also struggle. On a country to country level the developed countries offer more opportunities than Nigeria on many fronts but on an individual level the differences become more pronounced.
This year alone I have met Nigerians living under stress/duress in Canada after they sold their home to finance their studies at Indian run private colleges in Canada. Due to the exchange rate variation they’ve had to lose so much to come here. Their immigration status is shaky & they are under so much stress sometimes expressing regrets. In the same instance I’ve met Nigerians who moved to Canada with a permanent residence status and started working almost immediately after with things working out for them. Hence I see this more from the perspective of an individual. Some are thriving in Nigeria and some are thriving in USA or Italy or elsewhere.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by tshtsh: 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
GlobeTrotter2:
the Nigeria you left and yearn to go back to is not the same Nigeria today. I will not advise anyone to stay in Nigeria if you have thee means to travel through the right route
All things being equal nothing beats the feeling of being in your home country. If I am able to get certain opportunities in Nigeria I’ll move home. As a human being my desires are unlimited lol
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by tshtsh: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
Monaboo:

I read your story and it's making me feel like crying. So touching. I'm happy for you and the sacrifices your dad made for you.

Maybe it's becos my mum is a Public School Teacher.
All good. We thank God.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by obstead200(m): 10:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:

Na cause say you never work for Oyinbo before... dey go work you for every pounds
as long as I get the pounds, I am fine. I am not afraid of hardwork as long as the pay is right.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by YoshihideSuga: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

It’s hard no doubt and I don’t doubt any point you’ve raised. I visit Nigeria every six months and my last visit was in June this year. However I’ve realised that merely being in country A doesn’t always solve the problem on an individual level. For instance in Canada immigrants without a work permit are not able to work legitimately or even apply to work till they get the required permit. Thus an underemployed nurse moving to Canada as an illegal immigrant will also struggle. On a country to country level the developed countries offer more opportunities than Nigeria on many fronts but on an individual level the differences become more pronounced.
This year alone I have met Nigerians living under stress/duress in Canada after they sold their home to finance their studies at Indian run private colleges in Canada. Due to the exchange rate variation they’ve had to lose so much to come here. Their immigration status is shaky & they are under so much stress sometimes expressing regrets. In the same instance I’ve met Nigerians who moved to Canada with a permanent residence status and started working almost immediately after with things working out for them. Hence I see this more from the perspective of an individual. Some are thriving in Nigeria and some are thriving in USA or Italy or elsewhere.

Fair deal at the bottom bold. But at the first bold, don't our people conduct research ni? How person go sell house to fund student visa at a degree mill college?!
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by tshtsh: 12:49am On Oct 10, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Fair deal at the bottom bold. But at the first bold, don't our people conduct research ni? How person go sell house to fund student visa at a degree mill college?!
It’s becoming more and more common among people who even ought to know better. When you tell them it may be interpreted as trying to discourage them. Their visas are literally tied to those colleges hence they have to meet up their fee schedule to continue to have legal status. After graduating the battle for work permit / jobs begins and some are in their late 30s or 40s with families. The system ends up taking so much from them. Doing a bit of maths: There are currently about 2 million temporary residents living in Canada as students or temporary workers with a chunk of them trying to be permanent residents. The government currently has an annual permanent residence quota of just about 10% of that number hence the struggle to be among the 10% adds to the stress.
Thus a lot depends on individual circumstances
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Fhowe: 1:25am On Oct 10, 2023
Kellie069:
If you have opportunity, please JAPA.. no let anybody whine you o…..
only if you know the way people are toiling day and night to acquire that property you are selling away to go join them you will sit your ass in one place
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Bridget95(f): 1:43am On Oct 10, 2023
creativehubb:

Lot of wealthy people here, they didn't need to go do shitty jobs, at an old age...no glory in that, If you have something good here, and live in a good location, you will enjoy your life. I get it, some just like to live abroad, that's fine and good, some people like staying in Nigeria too...but no pride in doing shitty jobs abroad, I respect Nigerians doing good respectable jobs abroad or business. Fuel dey naija guy, electricity dey, I understand, a lot of you travelled from villages and real severe areas, but the whole of Nigeria is not as pathetic as where you left from. Even in that abroad, six people share small condo, some live in ghettos or the streets. pray make you get money, you no like good thing reach Dangote, Otedola etc, live in Ikoyi and Victoria Island with good cash flow, na business and shopping you go dey go abroad for, na poverty make you think say abroad na heaven grin

Working your ass out like donkey for white man wey no send you, won't you like to have your business, be a boss in your lifetime, running up and down no dey tire you?
My guy, 10,million naira is less than 10,000 dollars. Making that money in naija is not possible for an average man. Remember purchasing power is dwindling and no one knows what will become of the economy as things are going. In yanky opportunities yapa. Making cash In few years is very easy.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Bridget95(f): 1:44am On Oct 10, 2023
Sillymoderators:

Simple question you cannot answer!
Where are you working?
why u dey ask me that question, abi u be dss or efcc ni ?
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Backpedal: 6:02am On Oct 10, 2023
Angelfrost:
That's still the success story of some guys who didn't Japa...!

This attempt to bash your nation is unnecessary and failed woefully.

Doesn't change the fact that majority are living on hellish conditions
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2023
Bridget95:
My guy, 10,million naira is less than 10,000 dollars. Making that money in naija is not possible for an average man. Remember purchasing power is dwindling and no one knows what will become of the economy as things are going. In yanky opportunities yapa. Making cash In few years is very easy.
My point is will you live like a beggar abroad, won't you spend money...my point is minimum wage being paid in UK or America is not enough to live comfortably there, unless you live an austerity life, you will be in debt can't even save 1dollar. I respect Nigerians who do white collar and maybe blue collar jobs abroad, not minimum wage, minimum wage will only give you a poor man life abroad. Why do you think most people abroad are always on credit. Some people make your 1000 dollars, one million naira in Nigeria a day, without having to do shitty jobs. Stop thinking everyone is at your minimum wage level. Those at minimum wage level find it hard to get credit from financial institution because of low credit score.

Remember inflation keeps going up, so those figures you are calling might excite you, but not people that have seen money.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 7:34am On Oct 10, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Same English wey you no Sabi speak yourself... you wrote nonsense English wey no exist ... you still making mouth .. official language no dey feed many people... na official language dey feed you... sorry na hunger go kee you cus na everytime you dey cry here ...
As a poor Agege old man. I come down to ya level for you to comprehend.

Arugbo😂
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 7:44am On Oct 10, 2023
tshtsh:

just hear yourself. you visit nigeria once in 6 months and you're based in canada.. you're not living as a common man presently in nigeria that's why you're yearning dust..
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2023
creativehubb:

My point is will you live like a beggar abroad, won't you spend money...my point is minimum wage being paid in UK or America is not enough to live comfortably there, unless you live an austerity life, you will be in debt can't even save 1dollar. I respect Nigerians who do white collar and maybe blue collar jobs abroad, not minimum wage, minimum wage will only give you a poor man life abroad. Why do you think most people abroad are always on credit. Some people make your 1000 dollars, one million naira in Nigeria a day, without having to do shitty jobs. Stop thinking everyone is at your minimum wage level. Those at minimum wage level find it hard to get credit from financial institution because of low credit score.

Remember inflation keeps going up, so those figures you are calling might excite you, but not people that have seen money.
My friend no one is talking about minimum wage here but about opportunities.. you're not even getting his point

it's far easier to make $10k in the UK than to make 1 million naira in Nigeria.. and $10k is 10 million naira

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by headboyprince(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Adebisi (Engineer based in Lagos)

Yunusa (trader based in Kaduna)

Fegor (Electronics dealer in Abuja)

Chiazor (Owns three top retail outfits in Anambra and Abia)

...If you need more names, let me know.
lol... these look like the kind of people who will sell everything and japa out of the country.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Ojodu-Berger Bus Stop Toilet The Most Sophisticated Public Toilet In Nigeria? / Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.