Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me (1077 Views)

My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good day Niairalandeds, I create this new profile to keep my identity anonymous pls.

I'm a young guy in my 30's, my dad gave me some funds after I graduated and I invested on several businesses and each money I made I save to buy lands in undeveloped areas which after some years those areas where I've the lands becomes hotcake for builders, I eventually sold some plots in double amount of its initial purchased and I was able to build couple houses, own a car and get married with kids.

I've been doing well ever after by running various businesses but earlier this year something come up on me which is gambling, I've been introduced to this very long time ago by a friend but I'm the type who doesn't believe in quick money so I ignore that not until this year January. I registered on sportybet and then I start playing the game names "Aviator", if I should give rough estimation I would have lost over 6 million naira into this from January till this October, I'm now getting deep into it with the hope of recovering my lose and that has been affecting my life and focus on my other businesses due to my huge loss and I'm dying internally. I keep rolling from debts to debts ever since I started this, once I clear off a debts I go into another debt that I hardly have anything in my account.

This has been affecting my family and even my wife seems not to trust me anymore due to the fact that I sometimes lied to her to get lovey claiming to add up to a business which is lie and I've never being like this before, I tried to opened up to my wife and family about this promising I won't go into it again but after few weeks once I'm with some money this thought will come into me again telling me "it might be my lucky day if I could try again" boom I will lost all again and then started crying in regrets.

I don't know if I should call this a spiritual problem or a sudden covetousness by me.

Pls I need advice from someone who has get over this, spiritual people also and anyone because I don't want this to cross to another year with me. I also don't want this to destroy my home because I've started seeing myself as a failed dad and husband ever since I started this, even though I always make sure my kids got their school stuffs sorted and home need sorted but still can't afford to give the treatment I've been giving them before, I'm not a happy man ever since I got involved in this, I'm a type who help people but ever since I start this I keep asking people for financial help which I'm really ashamed of.

Pls I need your advice on how to stop this and prayer. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Dathrone(f): 4:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
Good day Niairalandeds, I create this new profile to keep my identity anonymous pls.

I'm a young guy in my 30's, my dad gave me some funds after I graduated and I invested on several businesses and each money I made I save to buy lands in undeveloped areas which after some years those areas where I've the lands becomes hotcake for builders, I eventually sold some plots in double amount of its initial purchased and I was able to build couple houses, own a car and get married with kids.

I've been doing well ever after by running various businesses but earlier this year something come up on me which is gambling, I've been introduced to this very long time ago by a friend but I'm the type who doesn't believe in quick money so I ignore that not until this year January. I registered on sportybet and then I start playing the game names "Aviator", if I should give rough estimation I would have lost over 6 million naira into this from January till this October, I'm now getting deep into it with the hope of recovering my lose and that has been affecting my life and focus on my other businesses due to my huge loss and I'm dying internally. I keep rolling from debts to debts ever since I started this, once I clear off a debts I go into another debt that I hardly have anything in my account.

This has been affecting my family and even my wife seems not to trust me anymore due to the fact that I sometimes lied to her to get lovey claiming to add up to a business which is lie and I've never being like this before, I tried to opened up to my wife and family about this promising I won't go into it again but after few weeks once I'm with some money this thought will come into me again telling me "it might be my lucky day if I could try again" boom I will lost all again and then started crying in regrets.

I don't know if I should call this a spiritual problem or a sudden covetousness by me.

Pls I need advice from someone who has get over this, spiritual people also and anyone because I don't want this to cross to another year with me. I also don't want this to destroy my home because I've started seeing myself as a failed dad and husband ever since I started this, even though I always make sure my kids got their school stuffs sorted and home need sorted but still can't afford to give the treatment I've been giving them before, I'm not a happy man ever since I got involved in this, I'm a type who help people but ever since I start this I keep asking people for financial help which I'm really ashamed of.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
Dathrone:

You need 6million lies to stop. Else when ever you feel like betting let me drop an account you pay into
I'm sorry but I don't really understand your message
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
Pls I need advice from someone who has get over this, spiritual people also and anyone because I don't want this to cross to another year with me. I also don't want this to destroy my home because I've started seeing myself as a failed dad and husband ever since I started this, even though I always make sure my kids got their school stuffs sorted and home need sorted but still can't afford to give the treatment I've been giving them before, I'm not a happy man ever since I got involved in this, I'm a type who help people but ever since I start this I keep asking people for financial help which I'm really ashamed of. Pls I need your advice on how to stop this and prayer. Thanks
Newsflash! There is absolutely nothing spiritual about your situation. The simple answer here is that you lack common self-discipline and self-control where gambling and money are concerned. The only way you can overcome this is to work hard on yourself to develop the necessary discipline and control it takes over your mind and its lust for gambling. undecided

No amount of prayers or voodoo rituals masquerading as spiritual Churchian rituals can save you from your own bad habits. You need to grow the fk up and become more responsible, at least for the sake of your own self, and your family ofcourse. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by tolue42(m): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hmmm nothing like spiritual here, it's just an addition ( don't ever bring spiritual into this, it will make you weaker of coming out of the addiction because your mind will be deceiving you that it is not your fault).

What you need to do first in order to regain YOURSELF, just assume that all the money you've lost there is gone forever. Don't chase to collect it back.
***Just think am say na thief collect am from you hand**

Two, see those betting companies as thieves who are ready to collect your money, believe you can never win against them.They always collect money from thousands of people and give little part to just 10 people ( winners).

Just have this imagination in yourself that this people( betting company) are flying all over the world spending your hard earned money, just imagine that you're the one flying across the globe with your family.

BE STRONG!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Newsflash! There is absolutely nothing spiritual about your situation. The simple answer here is that you lack common self-discipline and self-control where gambling and money are concerned. The only way you can overcome this is to work hard on yourself to develop the necessary discipline and control it takes over your mind and its lust for gambling. undecided

No amount of prayers or voodoo rituals masquerading as spiritual Churchian rituals can save you from your own bad habits. You need to grow the fk up and become more responsible, at least for the sake of your own self, and your family ofcourse. undecided
I appreciate your reply, tho I'm the kind who doesn't by the idea of gambling, what I could remember is last year when I lost 3m and that was when this mindset of gambling started growing in me hoping I might recover that lost through it but I was actually losing more, like you say I will work on myself and try to stand on my feet to be determined of stopping
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by progressb4andno: 4:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
Keep betting, if i was your wife i would just leave you and run becos one day u fit go use me stake

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
tolue42:
Hmmm nothing like spiritual here, it's just an addition ( don't ever bring spiritual into this, it will make you weaker of coming out of the addiction because your mind will be deceiving you that it is not your fault).

What you need to do first in order to regain YOURSELF, just assume that all the money you've lost there is gone forever. Don't chase to collect it back.
***Just think am say na thief collect am from you hand**

Two, see those betting companies as thieves who are ready to collect your money, believe you can never win against them.They always collect money from thousands of people and give little part to just 10 people ( winners).

Just have this imagination in yourself that this people( betting company) are flying all over the world spending your hard earned money, just imagine that you're the one flying across the globe with your family.

BE STRONG!
I really appreciate your comment sir, indeed you're right and I'm really trying my hardest to let go of the lost even when it's really hard knowing I still have some debts from some online financial apps, I think the idea of thinking it's spiritual will only make me weaken more and think I can't get over it but I will try all my possibly best to stop and with prayer
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by tolue42(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
I really appreciate your comment sir, indeed you're right and I'm really trying my hardest to let go of the lost even when it's really hard knowing I still have some debts from some online financial apps, I think the idea of thinking it's spiritual will only make me weaken more and think I can't get over it but I will try all my possibly best to stop and with prayer

You're welcome bro. Just let go of the money.

You'll be fine!
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Stevenbright(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:

Hand over the management of your finances to your wife. Let all your financial inflows go into a particular bank account of yours which she will be in charge of withdrawal and transfer from it.

She should also handle purchases and major financial outflows in your businesses.

All you should directly handle should be little money for your personal and business logistics.

Also delete the app of all the betting platforms in your phones.

Just know that you have lost that 6 million naira. Forget about it completely and you will bounce back soon but if you don't, your situation will keep getting worse!

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2023
progressb4andno:
Keep betting, if i was your wife i would just leave you and run becos one day u fit go use me stake
my wife know I'm not thayg type, even with this I still manage to support her business and cater for the house but just that not as much as I normally do that's what I'm saying, she knew I really want to get over this but I'm finding it so difficult.. Well I appreciate your comment because you feel disgusted with my action which is normak, I just want to get over this
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
■ I appreciate your reply, tho I'm the kind who doesn't by the idea of gambling, what I could remember is last year when I lost 3m and that was when this mindset of gambling started growing in me hoping I might recover that lost through it but I was actually losing more, like you say I will work on myself and try to stand on my feet to be determined of stopping
Again, what you are dealing with is simple! You lack basic self-control and self-discipline where gambling is concerned — nothing more. You need to work on yourself, not try to rationalize the habit that you, from your OP, know is bad for you. If you need to stay completely away from gambling in order to achieve this, then it is what is necessary, and no reason to explain it to anyone but yourself. undecided
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Stevenbright:

Hand over the management of your finances to your wife. Let all your financial inflows go into a particular bank account of yours which she will be in charge of withdrawal and transfer from it.

She should also handle purchases and major financial outflows in your businesses.

All you should directly handle should be little money for your personal and business logistics.

Also delete the app of all the betting platforms in your phones.

Just know that you have lost that 6 million naira. Forget about it completely and you will bounce back soon but if you don't, your situation will keep getting worse!
okay sir. I will try to introduce that maybe when I don't have much cash on me then that will stop the addiction and really help me, tho I've once tried this sending her some amount which I still lied to her to collect half of the fund which I still lost into this, maybe I should just tell her each time I asked her for cash then she should monitor what I want to use that for
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 5:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
tolue42:

You're welcome bro. Just let go of the money.

You'll be fine!
I really want to stop this, I really wish I've never even tasted this earlier, millions of Nigerians youth are dying internally from this and I don't want mine to be like them. I know this has really affected this year for but I don't want it entering another year
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by progressb4andno: 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
my wife know I'm not thayg type, even with this I still manage to support her business and cater for the house but just that not as much as I normally do that's what I'm saying, she knew I really want to get over this but I'm finding it so difficult.. Well I appreciate your comment because you feel disgusted with my action which is normak, I just want to get over this

It's very simple just make your money inaccessible to you
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
progressb4andno:

It's very simple just make your money inaccessible to you
like sending every fund to my wife account?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by GboyegaD(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good you know what the problem is. You need to start rewarding yourself when you don't succumb and punish yourself heavily when you do. Most importantly, it is in the mind and you need learn to train your mind.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by FaithELEFAN(f): 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
It's too late to pull out
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
FaithELEFAN:
It's too late to pull out
thanks for your comment but you're just been negative, there are some people who have been into this for years but I'm just months counted which I'm working really hard on quiting, well you might have a point for your comment but I'm being positive and strongly believe I will pull out and share a good testimony when I'm finally out by God's grace
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by FaithELEFAN(f): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
thanks for your comment but you're just been negative, there are some people who have been into this for years but I'm just months counted which I'm working really hard on quiting, well you might have a point for your comment but I'm being positive and strongly believe I will pull out and share a good testimony when I'm finally out by God's grace

SO WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?

To send you money?
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Nice2023(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
As a family man,from ur narration here,u were doing very well until a friend introduced u to gambling...too bad.

Gambling is the worst thing that can happen to any man,especially a family man.

It will not only destroy u,it will ruin ur family terribly and render u useless.

U will not be trusted by anyone.
My only friendly advice now is:

Just stop now and never look back again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by monsuru56(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2023
omo betting no be way o

E go only complicate matter for u

I talk my own o

See my life story below 👇👇
Learn from my story pls 🙏🙏

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
FaithELEFAN:

SO WHAT DO YOU WANT US TO DO?

To send you money?
I don't know what to reply you with because i don't see where I asked anyone for money in my post, I was only seeking advice from people on how I can quit and possibly if we have anyone who has been through same how they get over it.. Your comment seems other way so I don't know if you actually read my post before commenting of just read the headline and jump to comment
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nice2023:
As a family man,from ur narration here,u were doing very well until a friend introduced u to gambling...too bad.

Gambling is the worst thing that can happen to any man,especially a family man.

It will not only destroy u,it will ruin ur family terribly and render u useless.

U will not be trusted by anyone.
My only friendly advice now is:

Just stop now and never look back again
I realize this has been the greatest mistake I have ever made and you're right because it's affecting my family already and I'm just trying to be strong to still put them in order.. I'm really trying my hardest to quit before things get out of hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
monsuru56:
omo betting no be way o

E go only complicate matter for u

I talk my own o

See my life story below 👇👇
Learn from my story pls 🙏🙏
wow! From 2013 - # 2022, this is why I'm really working real hard to quit because I don't even want this to move with me into another year, this has really brought me so much pain and agony that I can't even share with people because I even feel ashamed of myself, all things I've not been doing before I've started doing just because I got myself into this stuff, I lied to get money even when I will refund it back later, I even beg people who look up to me before for money just to sustain and survive before I get some money.. This is really a war I've to fight and overcome immediately with the help of God
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Nice2023(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
I realize this has been the greatest mistake I have ever made and you're right because it's attesting my family already and I'm just trying to be strong to still put them in order.. I'm really trying my hardest to quit before things get out of hand

Forget everything u have lost...forget how it has impacted ur family and forget that ur friend,in fact,run away from him always.

Then,restart ur live and never u look back. If u lose ur family respect,no one will ever trust u again in this world again.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by monsuru56(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
wow! From 2013 - # 2022, this is why I'm really working real hard to quit because I don't even want this to move with me into another year, this has really brought me so much pain and agony that I can't even share with people because I even feel ashamed of myself, all things I've not been doing before I've started doing just because I got myself into this stuff, I lied to get money even when I will refund it back later, I even beg people who look up to me before for money just to sustain and survive before I get some money.. This is really a war I've to fight and overcome immediately with the help of God
wish u the best in fighting this addiction Alhamdulilah 🙏

I am 400 days gamble free today 🙏

Aviator is like the worst form of virtual game ever

Doesn't worth it
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 8:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nice2023:

Forget everything u have lost...forget how it has impacted ur family and forget that ur friend,in fact,run away from him always.

Then,restart ur live and never u look back. If u lose ur family respect,no one will ever trust u again in this world again.

appreciate your reply bro, that's my greatest fear losing my family respect and also seeing my action affecting my family, I can boldly say I'm not like this before, my wife trust me and she even say she's glad she got the best husband and dad for the kids and I don't want this think to ruin that trust and the courage she has in me, tho I've confess to her once that I was into this which she tried to advice me but I still go future beneath. I really regret my action because she must not know I went back into this for it will make her feel mad totally and will be hard for me to get her trust back

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Freedomseeker: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
monsuru56:
wish u the best in fighting this addiction Alhamdulilah 🙏

I am 400 days gamble free today 🙏

Aviator is like the worst form of virtual game ever

Doesn't worth it

trust me bro it doesn't worth it, the thing is killing millions of youth secretly which won't tell and I'm even a victim, this thing makes me feel totally depressed most time but I'm the kind who would overlook things after sometimes believing I can't let anything to lead me to chronic depression so I don't develop illness for myself but deep down inside me I'm really dying of regrets from this
Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by monsuru56(m): 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
alhamdulilah alhamdulilah alhamdulilah

400 days clean of this addiction is not easy....

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by monsuru56(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Freedomseeker:
trust me bro it doesn't worth it, the thing is killing millions of youth secretly which won't tell and I'm even a victim, this thing makes me feel totally depressed most time but I'm the kind who would overlook things after sometimes believing I can't let anything to lead me to chronic depression so I don't develop illness for myself but deep down inside me I'm really dying of regrets from this
I finally took back the control of my life

After reading this PDF from A-Z....

Took me 6 month to finish reading and assimilating the PDF

Re: Pls I Need Your Advice.. Gambling Is Destroying Gradually! Me by Foodqueen(f): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Forget your loss and start all over again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In-house Dressing / 2010 , What Are U Most Grateful For? / people complain am too meek and simple, what should i do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.