Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Old Money Or New Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old Money Or New Money? (352 Views)

Matured Advice Needed Please ! Should I Give Her The Money Or Not / OLD Money / Money Or Fame Which Is Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Money Or New Money? by Cooolme: 9:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
There was this topic discussed on Twitter weeks ago about old money and new money.
It got me really interested for real, there's this flex that comes with new money normally been the one who made it out of nothing but I believe coming from old money is totally better.
Basically I think what they meant by new money is maybe someone who comes from a poor background but broke out and is now rich and as for old money, I think it just refers to a family that has been on generational wealth and riches.
Myself, I don't come from a very poor background, just really average but I'm doing well for myself right now and I wish for family for my generation to become old money some day.
So which do you prefer old money or New money?
And also share any encounter you've had from the both.

1 Like

Re: Old Money Or New Money? by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Oct 09, 2023
Cooolme:
There was this topic discussed on Twitter weeks ago about old money and new money.
It got me really interested for real, there's this flex that comes with new money normally been the one who made it out of nothing but I believe coming from old money is totally better.

Basically I think what they meant by new money is maybe someone who comes from a poor background but broke out and is now rich and as for old money, I think it just refers to a family that has been on generational wealth and riches.
Myself, I don't come from a very poor background, just really average but I'm doing well for myself right now and I wish for family for my generation to become old money some day. So which do you prefer old money or New money? And also share any encounter you've had from the both
I don't get the essence of this question at all. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Money Or New Money? by Ishilove: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Don't give a flying fück either ways
Re: Old Money Or New Money? by mariahAngel(f): 10:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
To Nigerians, that old money, new money sh!t does not matter.
Any (legit) money is good money.
Once you're made, you're respected.
It does not matter if you come from a poor background.

1 Like

Re: Old Money Or New Money? by Mindlog: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
Every "old money" was once "new money", so I don't know where having a preference is coming from.
Re: Old Money Or New Money? by Sirchiboy: 10:17am On Jan 18
Cooolme:
Myself, I don't come from a very poor background, just really average but I'm doing well for myself right now and I wish for family for my generation to become old money some day.
So which do you prefer old money or New money?
And also share any encounter you've had from the both.
God bless you richly.
UBA.

(1) (Reply)

Why Family Men/women jealous singles, Always Give Excuses Why They Are Poor. / MEBER Fumigation Promo / Do You Love Your Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.