Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Court Wedding Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Wedding Lagos (323 Views)

I Have Access To Half Of His Property - Nigerian Woman Brags After Court Wedding / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / Cost Of Court Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 11:26am On Oct 10, 2023
A friend of mine abroad is wondering if he can start processing their registry wedding while outside the country.

So they come in when they need to sign.

Any ideas?
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Bioboy1213(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
A friend of mine abroad is wondering if he can start processing their registry wedding while outside the country.

Any ideas?
an event planner will handle this better, I can link you up with one.
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2023
Pls do.

Bioboy1213:
an event planner will handle this better, I can link you up with one.
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Kobojunkie: 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
Any ideas?
Process what exactly? You mean you can't simply make an appointment then show up and sign the document and done? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2023
For them, showing up means buying flight tickets and seeking holiday.

What i ubderstand is that there is a process: newspaper publishing, then after the wait period, the people go and sign.

Kobojunkie:
Process what exactly? You mean you can't simply make an appointment then show up and sign the document and done? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
For them, showing up means buying flight tickets and seeking holiday.
What i ubderstand is that there is a process: newspaper publishing, then after the wait period, the people go and sign.
I don't understand at all. They just wish to obtain a marriage certificate, so what is all the additional ceremony for? You sure say you actually check with the registry office for details? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
So can they just get a marriage certificare from the registry with no ceremony if already traditionally married?

For my process, we had to do the publication, wair 21 days, then go sign/pick up the registry certificate. I did mine in PH though.

Kobojunkie:
I don't understand at all. They just wish to obtain a marriage certificate, so what is all the additional ceremony for? You sure say you actually check with the registry office for details? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
■ So can they just get a marriage certificare from the registry with no ceremony if already traditionally married?
2. For my process, we had to do the publication, wair 21 days, then go sign/pick up the registry certificate. I did mine in PH though.
1. You don't need to do traditional marriage if all you need is the certificate which is what really proves in the eye of the law that you are married. undecided

2. What was the publication for? And why did you need to wait? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2023
This couple is already traditionally married.

Now that the husband is in Canada, they need a legal marriage certificate for their processing.

For me, i dont know why, but the registry said 21 days wait period was part of the waiting period, but my friend told me that with some money, they could cut it down to 2 days.

Kobojunkie:
1. You don't need to do traditional marriage if all you need is the certificate which is what really proves in the eye of the law that you are married. undecided

2. What was the publication for? And why did you need to wait? undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
This couple is already traditionally married. Now that the husband is in Canada, they need a legal marriage certificate for their processing.

For me, i dont know why, but the registry said 21 days wait period was part of the waiting period, but my friend told me that with some money, they could cut it down to 2 days.
Na wa ooo.. I no understand Nigerian things at all. We are in 2023 and so many unnecessary things remain. undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by cooooooks(m): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2023
You don see am.

I think some jurisdictions in Canada/USA require some kind of cooling period as well, usually 7 days.

Kobojunkie:
Na wa ooo.. I no understand Nigerian things at all. We are in 2023 and so many unnecessary things remain. undecided
Re: Court Wedding Lagos by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2023
cooooooks:
You don see am.I think some jurisdictions in Canada/USA require some kind of cooling period as well, usually 7 days.
Depends on what the "cooling period" is for. If it is to set your appointment or to send you the official document after signing, that is usual business. But newspaper publication and then additional 21 days before even signing, person suppose get explanation as to why. undecided

(1) (Reply)

How To Produce Sweet At The Comfort Of Your Home / Private Home Tutor. / Mematine Needed In Lagos, Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.