Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence (29821 Views)

Fayemi Preaches Peace, Unity And Resilience On Nigeria’s 63rd Independence / Google Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence Day / Ella Ada Celebrates Nigeria At 60 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Aminat508(f): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence with Commemorative Stone Unveiling

The Nigeria Community in Tasmania, Australia, has unveiled Nigeria's commemorative stone at the International Wall of Friendship (IWF) in Tasmania to commemorate the Nigeria's 63rd Independence Anniversary, AMILOADED reports.

The marble stone unveiled by Hobart's Lord Mayor, Cr Anna Reynolds, according to the community, symbolizes friendship and goodwill.

Speaking at the event, Dr David Onu said, "This day has been a long-cherished dream, one that I've tirelessly worked towards for the past three years. I'm thrilled that it's finally here."
The event also featured cultural performances, a delightful spread of traditional Nigerian cuisine, and a strong camaraderie that illuminated the warmth and unity within the community.
Others at the event were Anderson Madubike, the Nigerian Ambassador to Australia, Tasmanian Senator Catryna Bilyk, and Dr Remi Yusuf, Chairperson of the Council of Nigeria Associations Presidents in Australia (CONAPA), among others.

The community added, “From modest beginnings in 2004, when a small group of Nigerian families in Hobart came together during the Christmas season, to their incorporation in 2018, the community has come a long way. This event is a testament to their growth and unity as a community.

“The Nigeria Community in Tasmania, comprising 374 individuals and 124 families, actively contributes to the local economy across various sectors. Many members hold bachelor’s and postgraduate degrees, contributing substantially to the region. What sets them apart is their commitment to being good neighbours, ethical citizens, and law-abiding residents, maintaining zero imprisonment rates anywhere in Australia for at least the last ten years.
“The Nigeria Community in Tasmania continues its mission to promote multiculturalism and make a positive impact on the state's social, cultural, and economic fabric, all while working diligently to protect, improve, and uphold the good name of Nigeria.”

Source: https://amiloadednews.com/2023/10/australias-tasmania-state-celebrates-nigerias-63rd-independence-with-commemorative-stone-unveiling.html

6 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Aminat508(f): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by TemplarLandry: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Ayomitide77(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
This is beautiful

7 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Smithkafors(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nice…
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by eliyke(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
E dey always sweet to celebrate dis country 4rm outside.if you truly love Nigeria come back

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by atobs4real(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Love those cultural outfits not the celebration

2 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Airforce1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by borantis612: 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Na stone we go chop ni? angry
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Naturalobserver(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nice
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Patriotism for Nigeria grows when you leave Nigeria 🤣

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by englishmart(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
My uncle based in Australia asked me yesterday to choose between Australia or 20 million naira. I didn't think twice before choosing 20 million. He promised to skrill it to me in two weeks' time.
The next two weeks will be for cooking sure 5 odds. I will convert the money to 100 million, transfer his sick 20 million back to him, cook another 2 odds and stake it with 80 million. That will amount to over 160 million. Now, from that 160 million, I will travel to Australia, buy an apartment of 80k dollars, invite my uncle to stop squatting and start paying affordable rents at my place.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by supermz7: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2023
The stone is supposed to symbolize what exactly? sad
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Olaolex: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Kemadealadire(f): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
Lol, they celebrated more than Nigerians living in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by DebbieNotNice: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
They should rest
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by theophorus(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2023
Now, look at those pictures, look at those colorful attires etc...

That's how we look when we are united and work towards the Greatness of our community and society.

But, if we pursue personal Greed and spread hatred, we may have the kind of situation currently ongoing between Israel and Hamas or Russia and Ukraine.

Let Peace and Love Guide your Heart (mind) and actions.

God Bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by NwaliE01: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
We dey rep well. If you see how we dey hype our country here, you wouldn't believe it. There's no Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo here. If you belittle yourself as some people do back home, oyibo go finish you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by sofeo(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nice one.

One Love
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Maxxim: 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2023
ednut1:
Patriotism for Nigeria grows when you leave Nigeria 🤣
Same thoughts while going through the thread, assuming they could be here celebrating instead 😁

1 Like

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
Beautiful people everywhere.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA 🇳🇬 🙏

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Chetas81(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
BUT WHAT DOES NIGERIA LOOK LIKE,IF I ASK YOU
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
May all enemies of Nigeria 🇳🇬 that curse and wish her bad on a daily basis never know peace everyday of their lives.
Miseries and pains will never leave their abode.

For the good , honest and hardworking Nigerians 🇳🇬 that pray for her good on a daily basis,
Y'all shall eat the good of the land.
The land will favor you.

So shall it be in Jesus name.
Insha Allah.

Nigeria 🇳🇬 will be great in our lifetime whether the evil ones like it or not.

We Rise.

(If you are pained by this post, quote it and signify,
Make we give you lamba,
Dem MANNA lamba) cool

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by ipobcannibals: 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2023
Ipob/esn terrorists won’t like this.

Blessed are those who bless Nigeria
Cursed are those (ipob) who curse Nigeria

God bless the federal republic of Nigeria

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by thatsleepboy1: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2023
Nth special.
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by AfonjaConehead: 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2023
They should just keep those poisonous coneheaded structures at bay
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
To celebrate Nigeria today in Nigeria could be hard. You wake up to hear gas has increased, naira value has gone worse, foodstuff prices has skyrocketed, inflation rate is galloping, Labour union planning to go on strike same week.
And yet the big news of that today is independence day.

Only politicians and government officials and contractors celebrate Nigeria independence.
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Oritna94(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hmm, Nigerians law abiding with zero jail rate in Tasmania. But in naija the opposite is the case, not law abiding and tribalistic. So what is it that makes us that way? Just asking
Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Nahunger(m): 2:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
undecided

They no follow us dey here that's why!
Tbe thing dey favour Dem..
Who bear bear dey on fire no fit join beard gang for stage.

This world is not my home.

3 Likes

Re: Australia's Tasmania State Celebrates Nigeria's 63rd Independence by Orire01(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2023
Ok, something wey we no celebrate here sef.

I still sell affordable laptops and phones

Details on my signature

(1) (2) (Reply)

If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi / Peter Obi And Ahmed Datti Paid Condolence To The Family Of Chief Raymond Dokpesi / President Jonathan With Richard Quest On CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.