Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? (16264 Views)

How Are You Surviving? / How Are You Surviving Being Jobless ? / Is This The True Reality Of Nigeria's Unemployed Youth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by SapaProMax: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2023
People on steady salary are hardly keeping body and soul. For those who are unemployed and without wages, be honest, how are you surviving?

33 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Jashub: 10:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
As for me , na online hustles o...most especially in the IT and Forex trading sectors.

As for Nigeria, the country is doomed to destruction ...and if anyone is thinking things will get better is just being outright stupid

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by UnfairLife7(m): 12:00am On Oct 11, 2023
[quote author=Jashub post=126326485]As for me , na online hustles o...most especially in the IT or Forex trading sectors.

As for Nigeria, the country is doomed to destruction ...[b]and if anyone is thinks things will get better is just being outright stupid[/[/b]quote] are you for real?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by DyingFetus: 4:30am On Oct 11, 2023
By stealing from corps and mega churches .

Day time : cultivate on farm some grapes and mushrooms

Night time : code and code till my eyes bleed

I stopped spending unnecessarily, sold tv set, bought a radio, did more of night plan and social bundles, stayed inside and no going outside besides what're you going outside to do if not to receive billing

I harvest from farm and cook, write code and do small LSD or MDMA then I doze off

The goal is to live a simple and easy life even you have money

Take a look at billionaires like El Mencho very low-key guys l

63 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by SocialJustice: 7:09am On Oct 11, 2023
Jashub:
As for me , na online hustles o...most especially in the IT or Forex trading sectors.

As for Nigeria, the country is doomed to destruction ...and if anyone is thinks things will get better is just being outright stupid
This is your reality alone. The Nigeria I live in is not doomed.

97 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Oyindamolah: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2023
it's not being easy. A graduate with strong 2.1 still unemployed. He barely eat once daily

As for data subscription, some friends do help him with #200 airtime once in a while just to search online and apply for any opening

He said, "I am always on free mode on nairaland through opera mini, Life has not been fair with me that I know. to cap it all, I'm just stuck in the house. No money to move around (Transportation) in search of job"

He wishes God could change his story for good. He told me his getting depressed.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by LegallyBlunt: 8:12am On Oct 11, 2023
I know for a fact that it's not easy. Gaskiya, men dey try o. Especially those newly married guys that lost their earnings.

cry

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Hamachi(f): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2023
Sarah a 27-year-old young lady, is seen walking the streets around neighbourhood, hands in her pockets, she is wearing a black hoodie, with a dour look on her face.

I approach her and she seems closed off, but we eventually get talking.

Sarah is a graduate of Civil Engineering from one of the country’s finer universities. She has been living with his parents since graduating in 2014. She has never been employed.

Since 2014, I have been unemployed and living with my parents at my age, I get by with the pittance I make through phone and laptop repairs, which I learnt while in school”, she laments.

What I make is not enough to contribute to home bills like electricity and rent. I only have enough to get hair plaited and buy myself some fairly used clothes, aka bend down select.”

According to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), Nigeria’s youth unemployment/underemployment rate stands at 65.4 per cent as at third quarter of 2023

To the rising levels of youth unemployment and underemployment rate in the country, Sarah says she is aware of the trend not because of official numbers but due to the rising crime rate in Abuja, the capital city as well as around other states as well.

“These days, there are kidnappers, robbers, and ritualists all over Nigeria, all of them looking out for victims, so they can make a quick buck, and it is mostly because of the lack of jobs. The country’s wealth is just circling around a select few”, she says, shrugging her broad shoulders. She has contemplated moving to the red light district.
SapaProMax:
People on steady salary are hardly keeping body and soul. For those who are unemployed and without wages, be honest, how are you surviving?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by CloudTrees(f): 8:20am On Oct 11, 2023
Hunger and depression want to finish me.
Cost of living is expensive and no jobs.
I now know how tough it is to survive as an adult.
I have walked alot of distance applying for jobs. My canvas heel has succumbed to wear and tear. The shoe don really try for me.

No jobs anywhere, the best thing is to solicit for funds and open a shop. Now the problem is raising money,

Just leave your house and integrate with the society, that's when you understand how bad the society is although many are still lucky. May we not run out of luck in our lives

*modified*
Please I see people saying they earn by doing jobs online. Please I am willing to learn. I have been added to many WhatsApp groups but nothing is happening over there.
Please teach me... This is my WhatsApp09067 329 755

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by OkCornel(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2023
Wrong mindset, lack of foresight and selfish decisions by leaders and followers from independence till date has got the nation to this point.

As Nigeria lays her bed, so she will lie on it.

You can’t plant oranges and expect to harvest cocoa. Basic law of nature. Cold reality.

Keep praying to God that things will get better, you go pray tire.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Manna4Gurls: 10:11am On Oct 11, 2023
Na betting dey help boiz over here ahswr
Na life saver

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by finallybusy: 11:21am On Oct 11, 2023
Where are the people making so-called billions off Nairaland?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by ecolime(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
Jflex07:
I don enter into tech UIUx since four months now but nothing yet. I dey currently learn front end development to add to my tech skill.. Omo sapa no be here as e no easy to dey buy data.. But the future is bright.
Keep at it bro. Learn as much as possible and don't give up. Your time go come

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Curdlebug(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
E get as e be honestly, had to leave my job, employer could not pay anymore, I left with two months of my salary unpaid... That job drove me into debts, still unable to pay off. Country hard, how man go survive this kind thing?... Right now, Landlord on my neck like this... Lmao, man I'm tired of everything.

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Jestin: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
Some mumu re still supporting Tinubu

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by BIZNess123(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
cool

Though things are difficult in Nigeria and all over the world..but Nigerians blames the government for everything.. meanwhile in the US the citizens creates most of the job..
Nigerians complains a lot ... always waiting for miracle instead of legitimately hustling like citizens of abroad....

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by sacajawea: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
Many are doing what they don't do before... Believe it or not.. é.g many men are
Getting Fvcked in the ass, sucking Dick, doing drugs etc...

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:26am On Oct 11, 2023
Ebola say na statistics we go chop? Na rice bandits and grass choppers we Don turn to be. Added to plantain banditry.

Finally na Yoruba Ronu we de chop

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by dust144(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2023
No surviving just living for the last days.
Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Mpcoll001: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2023
We dey push am...
This is what we do for a living..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Zxcvbnmghtr: 11:27am On Oct 11, 2023
SapaProMax:

There are brown collar jobs every where. The type most people go to do when they Japa. grin

I have pity for those who are not investing into aquiring one creative skill or the other but are waiting and looking forward to be wearing coat and tie to office. Hahahaha, sit down there dey wait cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Kobicove(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2023
I feel serious pity for people who are unemployed at this time.

People who are gainfully employed and those who are running their own businesses are really having it tough now so I can just imagine what unemployed people are presently going through sad

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Klass99(f): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2023
SocialJustice:
This is your reality alone. The Nigeria I live in is not doomed.

Mwaah kiss.......seven blessings to you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by stuffs2002: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2023
DyingFetus:
By stealing from corps and mega churches .

Day time : cultivate on farm some grapes and mushrooms

Night time : code and code till my eyes bleed

I stopped spending unnecessarily, sold tv set, bought a radio, did more of night plan and social bundles, stayed inside and no going outside besides what're you going outside to do if not to receive billing

I harvest from farm and cook, write code and do small LSD or MDMA then I doze off

The goal is to live a simple and easy life even you have money

Take a look at billionaires like El Mencho very low-key guys l

Shouldn't you visit the hospita? Your eyes in that picture looks bloody

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2023
We Dey Loookku..
And we dey Hussuul and Hustle..
Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Carcholce: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2023
finallybusy:
Where are the people making so-called billions off Nairaland?

I’m here. Who’s asking?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Jh0wsef(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2023
We thank God for skills, street hustle dey o. But graphic designs has made me grateful to God ..
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Johnchrix(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Things are very hard. The pressure is much, debt right and left. Only God will deliver us from this evil government.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by Funkyswagzz(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2023
We really need to learn how these agbado miscreants are surviving cos non of them are complaining. The dumbest thing they say now is go and learn forex as if the stuff has not been in existence till now. Most of them don't even know about affiliate marketing which is less stressful and more profitable once you identify the right niche. Bunch of empty skulls claiming woke.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by finallybusy: 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Carcholce:

I’m here. Who’s asking?
Have you employed Dangote as your houseboy yet?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria's Unemployed; How Are You Surviving? by saasala(m): 11:30am On Oct 11, 2023
I have a way of targeting Americans who are in need of web design, app, graphics services. $300 here, $200 there, $250 over there. I don't have any problems whatsoever and the economy isn't affecting me since I'm earning in $$

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / Nigerian Immigration Service / The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.