Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,425 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Converting Website Into Mobile App - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Converting Website Into Mobile App (412 Views)

How To Convert All Website Into Mobile App / Need To Turn My Website Into Booking/reservation Website / We Are Into Mobile & Desktop App, Website Development, Software Development... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 8:35am On Oct 11, 2023
Hello developers in the house, I wanted to convert my website into a mobile app using Android studio. I added WebView and other codes based on the little I know but it's not giving me the required results.

Please who will be kind enough to help me out.
NB: I really want to understand it and will appreciate any help or recommendation. Thanks in advance.
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2023
telleyway:
Hello developers in the house, I wanted to convert my website into a mobile app using Android studio. I added WebView and other codes based on the little I know but it's not giving me the required results.

NB: I really want to understand it and will appreciate any help or recommendation. Thanks in advance.

Please anyone with any idea?
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by Unbiased1: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2023
telleyway:

The best I know for converting your web app to a mobile app is to use Ionic and Capacitor frameworks. They will create a webview and also provide system APIs so you use some native features. They also produce both Android and iOS applications using the same source code. You can get tutorials on YouTube for guidance as both platforms have gotten popular recently.
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 10:08am On Oct 12, 2023
Unbiased1:

The best I know for converting your web app to a mobile app is to use Iconic and Capacitor frameworks. They will create a webview and also provide system APIs so you use some native features. They also produce both Android and iOS applications using the same source code. You can get tutorials on YouTube for guidance as both platforms have gotten popular recently.

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate.
Please is iconic free to use?
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by niel63(m): 2:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Learn flutter... it's the easiest way to go.
Then create your views and screens.

I no know flutter sha, but I hear its easy to pick up.
You'll gain more from the process.

Why webview?

1 Like

Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by Unbiased1: 12:32am On Oct 14, 2023
telleyway:

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate.
Please is iconic free to use?

Yes

1 Like

Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2023
niel63:
Learn flutter... it's the easiest way to go.
Then create your views and screens.

I no know flutter sha, but I hear its easy to pick up.
You'll gain more from the process.

Why webview?

Was looking for what's easiest for me
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
Unbiased1:

The best I know for converting your web app to a mobile app is to use Iconic and Capacitor frameworks. They will create a webview and also provide system APIs so you use some native features. They also produce both Android and iOS applications using the same source code. You can get tutorials on YouTube for guidance as both platforms have gotten popular recently.

Iconic is too costly
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by Unbiased1: 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
telleyway:

Iconic is too costly

Ionic framework not iconic, I think I made a mistake in my previous response. Ionic is free to use just like how you use react JS. It's only ionic pro that is paid to use since it's not for developers but, as long as you are a developer and you can write code, you don't need ionic pro, all you need is the standard ionic JS framework which you can install with npm similar to the way you install react and it is free to use with vanilla JS or typescript.
Re: Converting Website Into Mobile App by telleyway: 6:43am On Oct 17, 2023
Unbiased1:

Ionic framework not iconic, I think I made a mistake in my previous response. Ionic is free to use just like how you use react JS. It's only ionic pro that is paid to use since it's not for developers but, as long as you are a developer and you can write code, you don't need ionic pro, all you need is the standard ionic JS framework which you can install with npm similar to the way you install react and it is free to use with vanilla JS or typescript.

Got it now, thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tracking Technology For Small Equipment / Data Science Bootcamp (vi/ikoyi) / Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.