Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) (80221 Views)

Anambra Billionaire Set To Wed 26-year-old Miss Universe Nigeria (photo) / How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / Man Celebrates After Seeing New N100 Note For The 1st Time In Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SoNature(m): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nigeria is an import-dependent economy. That's why we are obsessed with the US dollars. If you practically import everything, you have to keep looking for USD every day! Else, your economy will crumble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by izubext007: 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2023
Nothing works brother
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
Zonefree:

We produce and export Corruption...is that not enough? undecided

grin

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by 6ixVille: 3:15pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wait u didn't know this?
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by uchennamani(m): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

See this man.

Wait till you learn that our tooth picks are imported too.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SeriouslySense(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin grin grin grin
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Luckysbab: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
Blitzking:
U see why dollars can never be enough.

This is the main takeout.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by NinjaMetahuman: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
If you take loan from bank to produce it, I don't think anyone will stop you.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SmartyPants(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

We love to ask funny questions. You Wisdom, what do you produce? Or it's someone else job?

2 Likes

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Okiton: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
I was even shocker when I knew that ordinary thing as common as pencil was imported into this country, until the ex-governor of Akwa ibom state built one
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Sleekfingers: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Nigeria import toothpicks, cotton buds

Even palm oil.....
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Akhee: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
India Matches comes with Two Swans while Indonesia matches comes with one Swan. India matches catches faster

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by juman(m): 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
I don't know of today o, but in 80s matches are produced in kwara state capital.

4 Likes

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by oyoofong(m): 3:29pm On Oct 11, 2023
Add too pick,pencil and bottle water
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Otolomo1(m): 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2023
Dey play ;Dcan you plant cassava?
legitnow1:

I USE TO THINK THE WHITE MAN WAS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA, THEN I DISCOVERED THAT THE OIL AND GAS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA.

TAKE AWAY THE OIL AND GAS AND WATCH NIGERIANS RETURN BACK TO FARMING AND INDUSTRY.

THOSE COUNTRIES YOU MENTION DO NOT HAVE OIL LIKE WE DO.

THE ONLY REASON TINUBU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT IS BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS, SAME BUHARI.

ALOT OF TRIBAL BIGGOT WILL SUPPORT A FAILING PRESIDENT BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM TO LOOT FOR THEIR TRIBE FROM NATIONAL TREASURY.

SO, OIL AND GAS IS THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Jbleenk: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Your kinsmen are the one importing what could ordinarily be produced here in Nigeria. Worst is: they import substandard products in order to maximize profit even when in most cases cost loss of lives and impacts negatively on the economy

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Angrigowt: 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2023
One stroke 3 pound road aba. Go thr
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Chetas81(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
Zonefree:

We produce and export Corruption...is that not enough? undecided
ACHIEVEMENT

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Angelfrost(m): 3:35pm On Oct 11, 2023
These ones dey complain of matches... When we already import toothpicks, every drug and vitamin, spices (Yeah, even spices), etc.

Just wait till we start importing Oloshos.

The day I saw supplements made purely from Bitter leaf extracts, imported from Europe, was when I knew this nation was truly gone. cry

As in... People come from Europe, carry our very own Bitter leaf take do supplement, then send back to us to purchase and drink for blood sugar control and whatnot. Shame! undecided

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by nairayouthcom(m): 3:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

My bother
The children of hate go still blame APC
Meanwhile the PDP they snatched power from no see anything do concerning production and exporting of product
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by onuman: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Nigeria produces the most fraudulent and primitive election rigging methods. As for export of the rigging methods, no country run by saner minds can import them.
No country run by saner minds would have its election umpire vow that no other method except electronic transmission of vote results from polling units to the umpire's public viewing portal would be used for its general elections, but after voters cast their votes and left, the umpire decides to use a discarded and non transparent manual transmission and collation methods to announce a candidate winner of the presidential election.
AND LEARNED JUDGES ACCEPT THAT SLAP ON THE FACES OF THE COUNTRY'S CITIZENS.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Invest4growth: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
The indian matches production factory is on Facebook. VeryNigeria has a very weak and disjointed industrial base
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by CAPITALBEE: 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

There are factories in Cross River and Akwa Ibom which specializes in the production of Toothpicks, Matchsticks, and Pencils. Blame those who would rather waste the country's FX to import goods like these (although banned) when there is local supply.

2 Likes

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by pafun(m): 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

You self no be human being? Start producing it nah. Abi which one is " What Actually Is Nigeria Producing..." Nigeria na single person?

2 Likes

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by EngGandalf: 3:44pm On Oct 11, 2023
legitnow1:

I USE TO THINK THE WHITE MAN WAS THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA, THEN I DISCOVERED THAT THE OIL AND GAS IS THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA.

TAKE AWAY THE OIL AND GAS AND WATCH NIGERIANS RETURN BACK TO FARMING AND INDUSTRY.
Typing your ignorance in capital letters made my day

THOSE COUNTRIES YOU MENTION DO NOT HAVE OIL LIKE WE DO.

THE ONLY REASON TINUBU WANT TO BE PRESIDENT IS BECAUSE OF OIL AND GAS, SAME BUHARI.

ALOT OF TRIBAL BIGGOT WILL SUPPORT A FAILING PRESIDENT BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM TO LOOT FOR THEIR TRIBE FROM NATIONAL TREASURY.

SO, OIL AND GAS IS THE NUMBER 1 PROBLEM OF NIGERIA.

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by onuman: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
CAPITALBEE:

There are factories in Cross River and Akwa Ibom which specializes in the production of Toothpicks, Matchsticks, and Pencils. Blame those who would rather waste the country's FX to import goods like these (although banned) when there is local supply.

Wow. Nobody buys imported goods when there are locally manufactured ones that are better and cheaper than the imported ones. Not even an Imelda Marcus will.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Teejay13(m): 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2023
Made in Indian ko, made in Indian ni. Although there are does made in india, while some are produced here and packaged to look exactly like that made I. Indian.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Lovelife433(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
U are in the zoo nation, and u are Shock? Nothing can shock me again about dis evil forest
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by DaddyJapan(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Even toothpick sef, we dey import.

We waste a lot of ideas in Nigeria, says Frederick Ohiaeri

...While waiting to go for the mandatory one year service to fatherland, an idea popped into his mind and he decided to run with it.

According to Ohiaeri, it dawned on him that Nigeria produces only two per cent of all the safety matches used in the country and imports the rest so when the idea came, he quit his job and went to do some research on the idea.

“Nigeria produces only about two per cent of the safety matches consumed in the country. Because of that, we are losing in terms of our Gross Domestic Product, because the 98 per cent being imported is imported with foreign currency, money we can save and use in creating jobs locally.

“Look at the manpower needed to produce safety matches. We are losing in terms of employment for our youths. We use safety matches everyday in all the homes in Nigeria so it is something that can generate real employment. But what are the setbacks?’ he queried.
Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/we-waste-a-lot-of-ideas-in-nigeria-says-frederick-ohiaeri/
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Mrfeel: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2023
1Sharon:

It's made in Indonesia. I've googled the company.
Aba imitate alot of these products labeling it with the same company names

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Judolisco(m): 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2023
If u r jst seeing dis it shows you've not been reading all dis while... U jst use things without reading... Pls change its not good.... Nigeria and d United States are d largest importers of matches... U can't produce everything
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Quintopia: 4:03pm On Oct 11, 2023
adebayo987:
Apart from the shit from their body that is produced in Nigeria, every other thing is imported.

IS IT NOT YOUR MATES IN INDIA AND CHINA THAT ARE PRODUCING THESE THINGS IN THEIR BACKYARDS?

WHAT STOPS YOU FROM DOING THE SAME?

IDIOT.

MAYBE YOU ARE WAITING FOR GOVT TO BUILD MATCHSTICK FACTORY FOR YOU.

LAZY DUNCE LOOKING FOR YOUR FATHER TO BLAME.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.