Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) (80227 Views)

Anambra Billionaire Set To Wed 26-year-old Miss Universe Nigeria (photo) / How To Ship Goods From 1688 To Nigeria,sell Online Without Physically Seeing It / Man Celebrates After Seeing New N100 Note For The 1st Time In Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by LockDown69(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
grin just dey play! You never see toothpick?
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by eepeepook: 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2023
Gold Circle condoms are manufactured here if I’m correct. Nasco cornflakes also. Coca Cola and Pepsi surely are not imported.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by adebayo987: 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2023
Quintopia:

IS IT NOT YOUR MATES IN INDIA AND CHINA THAT ARE PRODUCING THESE THINGS IN THEIR BACKYARDS?

WHAT STOPS YOU FROM DOING THE SAME?

IDIOT.

MAYBE YOU ARE WAITING FOR GOVT TO BUILD MATCHSTICK FACTORY FOR YOU.

LAZY DUNCE LOOKING FOR YOUR FATHER TO BLAME.
You see why you're totally unproductive with your ill colonized brain? I pity your generation of touts.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Basher8583: 10:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

Ask your brothers in the east this question. Na una dey import anything to the country.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Backlaw406(m): 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2023
accordadoga26:
Hehehehe
That's a marketing strategy
Dey know Nigerians would not want to buy MADE-IN-ABA
Yes, you're right.

1 Like

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by dangwarmai(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2023
We only export yahoo boys.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by sonety2k(m): 12:09am On Oct 12, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
"I Was Shocked After Seeing That Nigeria Actually Import Common Matches From India And Indonesia. I Asked Myself, What Actually Is Nigeria Producing And Exporting Outside The Country Apart From Oil" ?- Wisdom Nwedene

We manufacture Matches at Ibadan before even exporting to some west African countries
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Vision101(m): 1:30am On Oct 12, 2023
@Blitzking
U see why dollars can never be enough.

@me
My brother we all have been living subsidized life. Sell crude oil and import. People were hailing past governments. They believed that we were doing well.

Matches and some of these things were produced in this country before. Before now Nigerian drugs ranked next to European drugs. Today all manufacturers import poor quality Asian products. People get rich faster through this.

The result is fx scarcity because we are not selling enough crude oil and massive unemployment. When you import you create employment in the exporting country and creat unemployment in the importing country.

Meanwhile our population is growing uncontrollably. People don't know what is ahead of us if we don't reform. Let them be talking of certificates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SirLakes: 2:40am On Oct 12, 2023
Jbleenk:

Your kinsmen are the one importing what could ordinarily be produced here in Nigeria. Worst is: they import substandard products in order to maximize profit even when in most cases cost loss of lives and impacts negatively on the economy
What are your own importing.... uselessness, skull mining and agberoism

Op...We are not self sufficient in anything, we import maize, even chicken from neighbouring countries, some prefer to buy outside because it is cheaper grin
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by sulakishop(m): 4:24am On Oct 12, 2023
Do you know that we now import agbado too?

Wisdomkosi:

Agbado is very lucrative
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by toxtimmy: 5:17am On Oct 12, 2023
At this age you don't know difference between manufacturing and assembly.....

I guess Nigeria manufactured you and then assembled you... I feel sorry for the people that depend on you or listen to you for information.... at this stage I'm assuming you are lai mohamed... lol

There is a difference between steel and iron... then learn the word molding... until you do you are only trying to change the tire of a bus that's going at 100 km per hr

What is the difference between manufacturing and assembly? Manufacturing involves taking raw materials and using them to craft a part or component. A company may manufacture springs from hardened steel. Assembly is the process of taking parts, often made by manufacturing, and arranging them in a specified way.

Next time I explain things to you I will charge you school fees

You home work for today is to go see school uniform and prepare to wear am to my class tomorrow.

Quintopia:

PEA BRAIN TYPING RUBBISH.

Manufacturing is the EXACT SAME THING as what you call ‘assembly’.

It is only in NIGERIA that you Moro.ns have invented a ‘difference’,

In the US, car manufacturing plants are called car Assembly plants.

Nigeria has several STEEL plants in operation. I have no time to school your dumbass, so Google it yourself.

Finally you air head, vehicle manufacturers like INNOSON now use 75% or more locally built materials to build their vehicles.

Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Jbleenk: 5:59am On Oct 12, 2023
SirLakes:

What are your own importing.... uselessness, skull mining and agberoism

Op...We are not self sufficient in anything, we import maize, even chicken from neighbouring countries, some prefer to buy outside because it is cheaper grin

lol he pain am. Truth hurts. Your people are a cretin stopping us from economic progress and are everywhere like dog shit
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by 99thEnemy(m): 6:07am On Oct 12, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
You just realized?

Even toothpick is imported. (No joke)
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by MrDoGood(m): 6:44am On Oct 12, 2023
Quintopia:

If Aba “don’t make toothpick or pencil”, WHY DON’T YOU set up a small place in your yard and start producing them?

The people that make them in other countries, do they have two heads?

Savage not chilled enough. I didn't feel it.

You can try again.

By the way, I wasn't talking to you Mr spokesperson
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by veektoh(m): 6:52am On Oct 12, 2023
Nigeria imports basically everything, what we consume, cooking stove to furnitures, clothings, etc
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Truvelisback(m): 7:27am On Oct 12, 2023
Wisdomkosi:
Match Sticks is not even Shockable. grin Nigeria imports Tooth pick.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Psoul(m): 7:55am On Oct 12, 2023
TheFreshVanilla:
Those are Aba made

If Aba can make it, why won't the government support the producer and help in quality improvement of the product.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by legitnow1: 9:00am On Oct 12, 2023
Chibuezem:
I disagree with you... The problem is simply Nigerians... Alot of oil rich nations are doing well all because of their superb policies and proper management... Here everyone is after his own pocket thereby impoverishing the rest.

YEAH BUT TAKE AWAY THE OIL AND THEY WILL BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY.

WHERE WILL THEY SEE MONEY TO IMPORT MATCH?

THEY WILL USE THEIR BRAIN MORE.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by drlateef: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

They are being imported by Peter Obi the warehouse economist. He also imports tissue papers, toothpicks, pencils and erasers. And he wanted to lead Nigeria. He would have turn the whole country to Chinese sales outlets.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Bluntemperor: 11:43am On Oct 12, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Are you new to this Country's plight?
Are you a Stranger to know that since the discovery of Oil in the 60's,no Govt in Power have made any drastic- change towards Diversifications of Nigeria Economy,than what President Tinubu is doing, and if there is any- please tell us and how far such Govt was Successful?
( I don't belong to any Party- but Truth must be told- this govt is Work - In - Progress and is even too early,to know how far they can go but,a brazen action have been put on-we must do away with Oil)
Tell Nigerians-how And if any Govt have brazenly said - 'No Subsidies,let us Repairs Our Refineries' and the Nation has not felt the Impacts!
•What most of our Past Govts ( Fed,States-- their Executives and Legislatures) have been doing is Stealing Big' ) and paying lips -Services to the Plights of the Masses by depending on this Oil- Mono-Product for all of us!
•The earlier we get this Message,-that No Nation can develop on One -Product alone, especially,here where Corruption rules and the Masses are at the mercy of those that rules them!
- e g America have Oil, even alternative Oil- the Shale Oil,but continuously put them in Reserved,yet moving gallantly to develop other Areas of their Economy and even their Technology Prowess,Space Explorations, Research and Development- despite Challenges Posed by other Nations to Steal their Secrets ( as China is doing) they are always on the move, to be the Best in the World.
•We need to get so many things right and changed- the Lights/ Power Sector,the Infrastructure Facilities,the Agriculture Produce- eg why and how did Dr Adedeji of AfDB-who was a Minister of Agriculture under then became Successful - during his term and others have been struggling?
Nigeria is Not Producing anything but even the Oil - Natural Resources -given by God is being Stolen by the Elites,with their Footsoldiers, yet we want the $ Dollars and Naira to be at par! Are you kidding ni?
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SirLakes: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
Jbleenk:

lol he pain am. Truth hurts. Your people are a cretin stopping us from economic progress and are everywhere like dog shit

The only thing your people know how to do is to lazy around and sell their grandparents land to Igbos grin

Awon alainironu gbogbo grin
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Jbleenk: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2023
SirLakes:

The only thing your people know how to do is to lazy around and sell their grandparents land to Igbos grin

Awon alainironu gbogbo grin

And only thing you and your forefathers know is to do drugs, use your mothers for rituals and use the proceeds to acquire Yoruba lands with a sinister agenda to dominate the southwest region but you and your forefathers will fail like you’ve always failed since the 60’s.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by SirLakes: 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
Jbleenk:

And only thing you and your forefathers know is to do drugs, use your mothers for rituals and use the proceeds to acquire Yoruba lands with a sinister agenda to dominate the southwest region but you and your forefathers will fail like you’ve always failed since the 60’s.

Igbos buy the land of your forefathers, give you money, even at that, you will still mine your forefathers skulls for rituals... shameless lazy bunch grin

Ofonu aku-ise grin
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by DyingFetus: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2023
DatNiggaDaz:
Were you also shocked that Fuel Subsidy was said to have been removed & said to have been re-introduced through the back door

Try give credit to the person you thief that meme from

E be like I go begin water mark memes laikdis
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by DatNiggaDaz: 2:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
DyingFetus:

Try give credit to the person you thief that meme from

E be like I go begin water mark memes laikdis

Credit to you Sir
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by lagosrd: 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

Most of the factories producing these things have folded up while some have been turned to even centres, churches and hideouts for criminals. There used to be one in ilorin, kwara, Ibadan etc

Those were the foresight of our fore fathers , if you're suprised what of tooth pick stick, soup from china, etc . The wisdom to so these things are here but we need good ideas backed up by good leadership and a stable economy.
Re: Matches: I Am Shocked After Seeing This In Nigeria (photo) by Bluntemperor: 11:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
Wisdomkosi:

God bless you brother,for this deep questions!
This is what saner Nigerians should be asking, including Members of National Assembly ( Senators and House of Representatives),rather they still think they are in the 70s,80s and 90s,- only thinking myopically without knowing the other Worlds have since moved!
• the 83- items recently lifted as Importations,I think the CBN should not swallow everything hook ,line and Sinker because there are some items o that list that don't deserve visitation .eg Tooth Picks- for what? No!
But YES - for Rice,for Cements,!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Drops ATM Withdrawal Limit To N20k/Day / SKILLS ACQUISITION SEMINAR/TRAINING / Black Friday Madness In Shocking Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.