Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects (9213 Views)

Degree Mills: 40 Private Varsities Dodge Investigation Bullet / NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria / Future Of Higher Education Belongs To Private Varsities — NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Blackdisciple(m): 7:09am On Oct 12, 2023
What nonsense, do private universities cares certainly not their fees are on the high side this just someone in want his private university to benefits from project whereas they are not helping....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Masterito(m): 7:11am On Oct 12, 2023
Confused people
SoNature:
TETFund hasn't been able to save public schools but wants to include private schools in its projects.

Private universities charge a lot of tuition fees, so TETFund should focus on rescuing government schools.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Tareq1105: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2023
SUNNINO:

Mumu and dollardino, you are not forced to go private school,now FG should be financing private business,you means FG should be financing private hospitals as well. author=fatboyslym007 post=126350536]If you see the atrocities committed by this so called public institutions as regards TETFund you will wonder if we are really about academic excellence. You will see applications turned down on technicalities and frivolous reasons. Especially when it comes to staff training, beneficiaries are based on my-person syndrome...

Inasmuch as I don't support TETFund for infrastructural development in Private Universities. I believe they can benefit from TETFund Research grants.
TETFund's training and research funding should be taken off institutions and be more on a blind peer review process. Let the Nigerian lecturers and researchers apply directly to TETFund and their application sent out on a blinded peer-reviewed. And not go through the Dept then Faculty then school, once you get choke for any of this Omo forget...

Also TETFund may provide infrastructural development funds as loans to Private Universities.

God bless you.

Nobody is saying tetfund should build Lecture Theater for private Universities. Tetfund can sponsor some of their projects and research, training and retraining programs for the lecturers bcoz it would enhance the quality of the students they turned out into the market.

But some old and docile lecturers with outdated lecture handouts, lecturers who cannot stand up to lecture students for 30 minutes would be displaying selfishness and greed as if lecturers in private Universities are not Nigerians with full rights.

It's the attitude of people like ASUU president and their fake age declaration, and frustration of young lecturers that has made young lecturers attractive to private Universities where the facilities are available. They would adjust their age and they would be doing nonsense with female students.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by fatboyslym007: 7:37am On Oct 12, 2023
SUNNINO:

Mumu and dollardino, you are not forced to go private school,now FG should be financing private business,you means FG should be financing private hospitals as well. author=fatboyslym007 post=126350536]If you see the atrocities committed by this so called public institutions as regards TETFund you will wonder if we are really about academic excellence. You will see applications turned down on technicalities and frivolous reasons. Especially when it comes to staff training, beneficiaries are based on my-person syndrome...

Inasmuch as I don't support TETFund for infrastructural development in Private Universities. I believe they can benefit from TETFund Research grants.
TETFund's training and research funding should be taken off institutions and be more on a blind peer review process. Let the Nigerian lecturers and researchers apply directly to TETFund and their application sent out on a blinded peer-reviewed. And not go through the Dept then Faculty then school, once you get choke for any of this Omo forget...
Also TETFund may provide infrastructural development funds as loans to Private Universities.
Sunnino Your name rhymes with dollardino just noting.
You just plagiarized my submission and claimed it as your own. Then you went ahead to call yourself Mumu... Shameless...
Fellow Nairalanders: Kindly Please read my submission.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by seunayantokun(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2023
Why including private universities? There are lots of rogues in this country.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by iHart(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2023
They can include the private universities only in human capital development

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by gudugudumeje: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2023
Inclusion of private universities is insultive and highly ridiculous. For nearly all these universities founded with stolen money from the Nigeria's treasuries and proceeds of nefarious activities, what a double jeopardy and a salt put on the sores of mismanagement of public affairs Nigeria is into..
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by gudugudumeje: 8:26am On Oct 12, 2023
Inclusion of private universities is insultive and highly ridiculous. For nearly all these universities founded with stolen money from the Nigeria's treasuries and proceeds of nefarious activities, what a double jeopardy and a salt put on the sores of mismanagement of public affairs Nigeria is into..

Having not completed funding the public universities, is it reasonable, nor a show dedicatin and visionary to give the insufficient funds to others undeserving of it. What a complete betrayal of public confidence.....
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by COMPAQ(m): 8:26am On Oct 12, 2023
Zandena:
This is evil, callous, wicked and disastrous to the public universities!
Imagine an agency of government established to help public tertiary institutions in infrastructure and modern teaching facilities would now extend the gesture to privately owned businesses/ institutions whose primary objective is to cripple public institutions.
What is wrong with our government oh God!

"Whose primary objective is to cripple public institutions"! Really!!! This statement alone exposes the quality of your critical thinking and reasoning ability!
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by femagj(m): 8:57am On Oct 12, 2023
I agree with ASUU because these private universities charge high fees

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Kakamorufu(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2023
Something is worrying them at TETFUND. Is that what's next for them to do angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Gooding55(m): 9:20am On Oct 12, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Tetfund was created with an obj to cover all schools and not just public schools, public schools have been the sole beneficiary because private charged substantial fee that covers major infrastructural need.
Modified.
The fund is for just public schools, private is excluded. Thanks
You are incorrect, the fund is sourced from 2% then and now 3% industry tax which could have been shared by Federal, State and Local Government. The money belongs to the three tier of government, so who ever is feeding you with that information is lying to you. The idea of funding private university was initially a plea from the owner which will require amending the act.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Walexy16: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2023
Isn't that another calculated attempt to create a conduit pipe to siphon public funds?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by OlujobaSamuel: 9:43am On Oct 12, 2023
Gooding55:
You are incorrect, the fund is sourced from 2% then and now 3% industry tax which could have been shared by Federal, State and Local Government. The money belongs to the three tier of government, so who ever is feeding you with that information is lying to you. The idea of funding private university was initially a plea from the owner which will require amending the act.
I don't understand what you are talking about, tetfund isn't for any 3tiers of govt, so I don't know where you got local, state and fed govt.
Also, I already did a modification to my initial post which you can see, so I don't understand what you are driving at.
Finally, tetfund isn't for sch funding, but infrastructural funding in schools, they don't finance school operations.
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Aybiochem: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2023
What's private universities doing with their enormous charges if they solicit funds from govt jokers

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by PrettyIfy7: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2023
This country no get direction at all.
The same TETFUND that can no longer sponsor lecturers to do Msc and PhD abroad now wants to start infrastructural development in private schools.
Public institutions are in a mess and TETFUND has not done enough to help the situation.

I shake my head for this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Ayoade19(m): 11:15am On Oct 12, 2023
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by McLizbae: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
I believe ASUU as a stakeholder in university have always fought to save the public university and make it a better place for everyone, Lecturers (ASUU members), students, parents and even the government (economic growth through research and academic products).

Unfortunately, other stakeholders including some other university workers, students, parents, and the government are too selfish to help the university grow.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Gooding55(m): 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I don't understand what you are talking about, tetfund isn't for any 3tiers of govt, so I don't know where you got local, state and fed govt.
Also, I already did a modification to my initial post which you can see, so I don't understand what you are driving at.
Finally, tetfund isn't for sch funding, but infrastructural funding in schools, they don't finance school operations.

Obviously you didn't get what I was saying. The industry tax would have been fund shared by the three tiers of government, thus institution from these tiers are the beneficiaries. I didn't mention using TETFund to fund institutions' running cost, you clearly mixed things up. Correction again, the funds are not meant for infrastructure only. We have staff training and development (AST$D), book development, Research and development etc as well.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by frog12: 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
they should just cancel this TETFUND itself.
na one big FRAUD that has outlive its usefulness
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by Phred1717: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2023
But there are paying the mandatory 2% Education Tax... So ASUU why the quarrel
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by MamaletASO: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2023
Tetfund looking for bribe from private institutions..

The private institutions that can bride the most will get TETFUND intervention..

Simple

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:24am On Oct 13, 2023
The real truth is that if Nigerians don't get vigilant..... private institutions will be drafted into TETFUND and this will cause plenty issues...

One is that the idea to create TETFUND was initially proposed by ASUU....ASUU drew up the modalities of how Tetfund was supposed to run.....how funds will be gotten...ASUU came up with the education tax levy on Nigeria. Businesses and ASUU did that...in order to help the government improve the quality of tertiary education facilities in the country.....

Private institutions are not part of ASUU.... so the move to include them is completely antithetical

My fear is just that the current minister of education was drafted from a private university....I really pray that they don't succeed at this...
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:27am On Oct 13, 2023
Phred1717:
But there are paying the mandatory 2% Education Tax... So ASUU why the quarrel

They are paying It....as part of levies...that should have been shared by all tiers of government...will any FG...or state university have gone to be repairing the roads inside a private university....or the buildings.....when the public universities in that state are still far from well catered to yet?... I mean many public universities are not even a quarter of the quality of buildings in the private institutes When you consider the size/quality of facilities per number of students who use those facilities.... they (TETFUND) should focus
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:30am On Oct 13, 2023
Tareq1105:

God bless you.

Nobody is saying tetfund should build Lecture Theater for private Universities. Tetfund can sponsor some of their projects and research, training and retraining programs for the lecturers bcoz it would enhance the quality of the students they turned out into the market.

But some old and docile lecturers with outdated lecture handouts, lecturers who cannot stand up to lecture students for 30 minutes would be displaying selfishness and greed as if lecturers in private Universities are not Nigerians with full rights.

It's the attitude of people like ASUU president and their fake age declaration, and frustration of young lecturers that has made young lecturers attractive to private Universities where the facilities are available. They would adjust their age and they would be doing nonsense with female students.

Nah...this doesn't look good At all...if you don't have the money to provide Standard facilities ...then don't build A university for yourself ....or maybe even Charge Higher fees....
Covenant Uni and the likes don't need anybody's money ...it's always the mushroom vasitiEs that are not any Different from high school schools That make this types of Noise ....

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:31am On Oct 13, 2023
Tareq1105:

Private Universities students and lecturers are also Nigerians.

Their parents pay more Taxes than parents of those in public universities.

The Education Levy paid by companies / corporate organization are mostly from the parents of those in private Universities.

Private Universities as a business entity pay Corporate Tax while public universities don't.

They have the right to be included. All this argument of ASUU president is selfish and self destructive. Sodeke just feel threatened by the inclusion of private Universities lecturers.

Tetfund can sponsor project and research in private Universities. In fact, they're more serious and results oriented than public universities lecturers who are not updated.
Completely false
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:35am On Oct 13, 2023
fatboyslym007:
If you see the atrocities committed by this so called public institutions as regards TETFund you will wonder if we are really about academic excellence. You will see applications turned down on technicalities and frivolous reasons. Especially when it comes to staff training, beneficiaries are based on my-person syndrome...

You seem to have an axe to grind with Your alma Mater and I completely Understand ......But as someone who's very familiar with This System ...I can Tell you for a fact that TETFUND research proposals from all universities Follow blind Review ....they are Uploaded to A Portal that's manned by Tetfund Directly ...and are No Longer selected by The university university's CommitteeS at all.... thE universities research and Development units Just Help to monitor the use of The funds and ensure they are used in the Approved Manners ...although they also Provide Training on how to write winning proposals
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:37am On Oct 13, 2023
99thEnemy:
Selfish...

TETFUND is about improving the standard of the Nigerian educational system which include private universities.

Nope.... theRes's nothing In TETFUND's Mandate that concern's Private universities just that some of their staff Are also included in the Research teams Sometimes owing Tomthe fact.they may have some of The equipment needed for The Research
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:41am On Oct 13, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Are Nigerians not the ones attending those private Universities?

ASUU is not authorized to interfere with the policy of the FG that has to do with enhancing the well-being of all Nigerian students.

ASUU was the one who came up with the plan that created TETFUND so stop talking from ignorance....ASUU provided the federal government with the plans of how the funding is to be gotten and how the agency should be run.....it's just that FG has a habit of being mischievous....else the chairmanship of TETFUND should normally be nominated from ASUU and not be an executive appointment... imagine...they currently have somebody who trained as an architect.. running the agency...as director...that should not be...but we will be good in the end hopefully

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:44am On Oct 13, 2023
CodeTemplar:
the govt licenced both sets of institutions so keep your shitty ideas in your ASUU brain please.

True.... government grants private universities license to run based on them having the required facilities to run the programs.... private universities often have less students making use of their facilities....it's far different situation in public unis....where you can have all of the students in a department using just few items....mind you the students in one federal University department..may even be more than the total number of students in all the departments of a private university put together.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by kafeii123: 3:44am On Oct 13, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Tetfund was created with an obj to cover all schools and not just public schools, public schools have been the sole beneficiary because private charged substantial fee that covers major infrastructural need.
Modified.
The fund is for just public schools, private is excluded. Thanks

I Was Going to call your Attention to that ...thanks for correcting
Re: ASUU Opposes TETFUND On Inclusion Of Private Varsities In Projects by fatboyslym007: 4:07am On Oct 13, 2023
kafeii123:

You seem to have an axe to grind with Your alma Mater and I completely Understand ......But as someone who's very familiar with This System ...I can Tell you for a fact that TETFUND research proposals from all universities Follow blind Review ....they are Uploaded to A Portal that's manned by Tetfund Directly ...and are No Longer selected by The university university's CommitteeS at all.... thE universities research and Development units Just Help to monitor the use of The funds and ensure they are used in the Approved Manners ...although they also Provide Training on how to write winning proposals

Giving an opinion and suggesting a fair process doesn't mean there is an axe to grind.
I'm glad the process is fairer and blinded.

We should be thinking progressively and inclusively.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Most Confusing Pictures You Will Ever See (photo) / Solution To Your Matlab Projects / Ekiti University SUG Tells Management To Review The Sack Of Over 900 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.