Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah (40216 Views)

Buhari Replaces Ex-Ministers, Sends Nominees List To Senate / IGP Orders Withdrawal Of Police Protection From Lawmakers, Ex-sgf, Ex-ministers, / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Omooba77: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2023
Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Father Mathew Kukah, has said his criticism of the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was never personal.

According to him, the only problem he had with the former President was his inability to manage the country’s diversity.

Daily Trust reports that Father Kukah was always at loggerheads with the Buhari government and was one of the fiercest critics of the administration.

In fact Kukah in his December 2022 Christmas Message, the last to be delivered under the watch of Buhari, declared that the former President had made Nigeria more vulnerable and succeeded in splitting the country.

“Clearly, in almost every department and with all indicators, our nation has become a tale of two cities. We have wars between the rich and the poor, men and women, across generations, along party lines, social classes, religion, ethnicity and so on. The centre has given up in almost every department,” he wrote

Also, Buhari’s former Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, never spared a moment to fire back at Father Kukah. In fact Adesina once accused the Bishop of being angry with Buhari for not patronising him.

But on Wednesday, Kukah in an interview on Arise said he has no personal grudge against the former President.

He also said Adesina who was always defending him was merely doing his job and teased him to probably relocate to Daura where there’s a branch of Foursquare Church where he is a Pastor so that he can be closer to his “Godfather.”

When asked if he was missing his friend, Buhari who he was always criticising, he said, “Buhari has served his term. He also knew and I respect him for that, that there was nothing I was saying that was personal. I imagined poor Adesina and his team had a job to do and they needed to do that job even though there was nothing to say.

“I will respect and I hope that Pastor Adesina knows that there is a Foursquare Gospel Church in Daura, I believe that the President of Foursquare Gospel Church should send him there as a Pastor so that he is quite close to his Godfather.

“But having said that, I mean President Buhari had finished his term and he is gone and there is very little else to be said for and against. But everybody knew we had a job to do. There was nothing I said about President Buhari that was personal, that was disrespectful, I just felt he was doing thing that is, especially in the area of managing our diversity and look, I’m talking to Ministers now who served in that government, I cannot call names, I am shocked to hear the kind of things people are saying, those who served in that government, that is for another day.”

On six months of President Bola Tinubu in power, he stated while the six months might be too short to rate a sitting President, many expected him to hit the ground running having prepared for the race for over 20 years.

However he stated that the leadership selection structure “is so self-constraining”

“I am not making excuse for anybody, I am just saying the very fact that you had to rely on governors to give you names of Ministers and you rely on external agencies to be able to do things that ordinarily you who is composing the team needs to be able to do.”

“I mean a court decides who is going to come in at what time depending on the excuse that the person has. So, I totally agree with you that by now you would have thought, ‘okay, this is what we want to do, this is who can do it and this is how it needs to be done.”

However, he said the best solution is to continue to hold those in power responsible and they have no excuse not to perform.

“If you stand up to be elected and you are elected, you must be prepared to face the consequences of that election, that means we must constantly hold your feet to the fire. So that’s why I am saying institutions and instruments of engagement must be in full glass. But also we must help to clarify public policies by articulating the things that need to be done and where the country needs to be heading.”

https://dailytrust.com/im-shocked-to-hear-what-those-who-served-in-buharis-govt-are-saying-about-him-kukah/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by taylor89(m): 11:16am On Nov 08, 2023
Thats what I keep saying

Any day Tinubu do him tenure finish all these ones asss licking him here will also tell him the truth

90% APC supporters on Nairaland suddenly blamed Buhari for crippling economy

Same Buhari they praised

230 Likes 24 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by slivertongue: 11:20am On Nov 08, 2023
of course Buhari and APC were and still a disaster

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Racoon(m): 11:21am On Nov 08, 2023
They all know the truth about him-his mental incapacitation, ineptitude, ethno-religious bigotry and supremacist sentiments but they all foist him on a nation because of politics.

Buhari really was paranoid and delusion because he surrounded himself with chronic asslickers like Garba Shehu, Femi Adeshina, and of course Lai Mohammed-the legendary lying of the APC government. Tinubu has also followed suit.

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Felimax(m): 11:22am On Nov 08, 2023
The same shocking waves that rendered Buhari's administration useless for eight epileptic years!

May the shock extend to the nerves of all supporters of APC!

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Zionmdde: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2023
Leave them
Wicked fellows

They are now here saying tinubu met a rotten system bla bla bla

In buhari era they were the same people calling critics wailers and enemies of the country. I really respect these APC politicians they know how to unleash zombies and ensure their useless brains are full of shit

But u see the idiots who don't eat on the same table with these wicked politicians but are as ordinary citizens as the so called wailers yet they come here everyday to defend apc failures, they will remain stupid forever

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Nixoye(m): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2023
Ex president buhari said, Nigerians are going to missed him.
APC is still a distaster.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Truths9ja: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2023
Nlfpmod is Fp
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by callmevirus(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
Nothing concern me but E dey mind
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Freedom4us: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
Buhari was an elected disaster

10 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Offpoint1: 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2023
V
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by atobs4real(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2023
Truth will come out since he is not in power again

5 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Moyinoluwa35(f): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
Sometimes I get weak and ask my self is Nigeria really sick or full with mad people who are blinded by religion, sorry to say am finding it difficult to spend and cater for family needs, I earn closely 300k a month and I find it difficult what about people that earn 50-100k how do u survive? With all this hardship u will still go under the sun and vote for evil people ..
I actually don't pity nigerians

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by nazicartel(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
It's normal nah. Immediately you're out of power, they will always talk down on you. It's only Gej and Yaradua his fmr aides didn't really talk down on
... But let's be serious, we all knew that Buhari wasn't fit for a local government chairman. But they made him the president, his govt was filled with confusion and abuse of power. Such individual shouldn't be allowed into our govt again

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Emperormartin(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2023
This guy just reminded us that Buhari is a dullard.

With that we know Tinubu will be better
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by aziaka111(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
This country dey under serious curse

2 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Judolisco(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
I'm not shocked at all... Person wey no appoint ministers for 6 months.... He doesn't believe his work as a president is like a supervisor's work....

D biggest mistake dis country made was removing Jonathan as president and bringing in Buhari... Buhari gave his ministers free hand... That's why u see femi adesina and garba shehu replying people anyhow...

19 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Obakoolex(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2023
The first former minister on the list is Adebayo shittu (Communication minister)

You will indeed be shocked as the former minister was able to condemn Buhari, even though he publicly asslicked him by sharing 4+4 cap at a FEC meeting I think around 2017. He couldn't add any positive impact to the ministry until Pantami that some of us hate because of his extreme believes was able to some meaningful improvement to the ministry.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by meum: 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2023
I’m not. I saw it coming. They were only trying to protect their jobs when they were with him. It’s not easy for a politician to be jobless especially when their party is in power. It can be likened to being denied oxygen. So I’m not surprised they are saying the truth which they knew while working with him😂

The same set of people are in the present administration. They will still say the truth about what they are currently defending. Don’t be surprised when it happens.

11 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
Many of them were sycophants. They know the truth but will never agree to it or tell it. It's just their stomachs they're after. Another set have entered in this drug baron stolen mandate regime. SMH

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by nepapole(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
Bubu my guy! I miss our darling daddy.

Very calm man...

Even if Nigeria dey burn, e no concern am...

11 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by id4sho(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2023
tongue
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Tayorshd87: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2023
So u guyz planned it and replace him with another pro disaster right 😡

2 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Vinnie2000(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2023
Where is MannaVulturegrills plz?🤔🤔

The great Buhari loyalist of Nairaland.😊

7 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by qtx(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
kikikikiki grin
Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Omooba77:

https://dailytrust.com/im-shocked-to-hear-what-those-who-served-in-buharis-govt-are-saying-about-him-kukah/
Buhari was king of SHOCKEEE himself, always shocked but Didn't DIE till 8yrs completed

2 Likes

Re: I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah by hisexcellency34: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2023
Buhari is an evil man. Allah will judge him

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Desmond Elliot At Sanwoolu's Inauguration / #EndSARS Promoters’ Frozen Accounts: Access Bank Pleads Over Call For Boycott / Adams Oshiomhole & Uche Secondus Hug At The Tribunal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.