Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 (27565 Views)

ABIA: Orji Kalu Providing Transformational Leadership Since 1999, Says Universit / EFCC: Northern Group Rejects Appointment Of Odumosu, Commends Tinubu For Nuhu Ri / Northern Leadership Have Shown They Are The Covert Backbone Of Fulani Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2023
Recently there's been a minor social media outrage since the news of President Tinubu appointing Ola Olukoyede as EFCC chairman broke out, especially since he is from the southwestern part of Nigeria where the president is also from. A lot of people have made accusations of tribalism against the president and claimed he appoints Yoruba people simply because they are from the same ethnic group, but how enlightened are we really?

Now, for those who don't know the history of the EFCC, it was established in 2002 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and began operation in 2003 and for the past two decades of its existence, the EFCC has ONLY had Northerners as Chairmen.

Similarly, FCT (ABUJA) had never had a minister from the southern part of Nigeria, but Tinubu ensured that Nyesom Wike (former Rivers Governor) was given that position.

Below is a list of the heads of EFCC since 2003 till date: You be the judge! and ask yourself if nobody in the south has ever been qualified for headship of the EFCC.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by TinubuDeDrugLor: 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
olakraft:
Recently there's been a minor social media outrage since the news of President Tinubu appointing Ola Olukoyede as EFCC chairman broke out, especially since he is from the southwestern part of Nigeria where the president is also from. A lot of people have made accusations of tribalism against the president and claimed he appoints Yoruba people simply because they are from the same ethnic group, but how enlightened are we really?

Now, for those who don't know the history of the EFCC, it was established in 2002 and began operation in 2003 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and for the past two decades of its existence, the EFCC has ONLY had Northerners as Chairmen.

Below is a list of the heads of EFCC since 2003 till date: You be the judge! and ask yourself if nobody in the south has ever been qualified for headship of the EFCC.

cc: nlfpmod
mynd44
seun

This is the only thing I support Tinubu.

He got this right....enough of the northern nonsense.

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by MadamExcellency: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Add that to Wike as FCT Minister. NNPC is the next.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by TooMuchStuff: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
Northern Muslims ☪️ strictly.

it's a shame. Meanwhile the same Northern Muslims make up 96% of Looters since 1960 till date

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

At least you get the point. You don't need to like someone before agreeing with the fact and I respect you for that. Even I am not an APC fan, but the truth must be told!

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Mopolchi: 2:08pm On Oct 16, 2023
Na aboki get efcc

5 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Bunnatex(m): 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
For me it does not matter who heads the Anti-Graft agency. However, what matters is that they do their work with dedication and utmost sincerity.

For tribal persons, ask yourself what you stand to gain if it was a person from your region? Nothing. Its just the benefit of the appointee, his friends and family.

Your state governor, 3 Senators and House of Representative members are all from your region, what have they done for you? Nothing. We should not allow tribal sentiments to prevent us from seeking for the right dividend of democracy.

Mind you before you call me names, I am an Obedient and will Vote Peter Obi again should there be a rerun but however, I am a Nigerian and want to see it work for all

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Pootle: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
but why
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Power must change hand

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by SenatePresdo(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Why is appointment a thing of pride for people from different regions.

These politicians will collect loan and share amongst themselves regardless of the region they came from.

An APC politician form the East would benefit from this Govt more than A Yoruba regular citizen that voted for APC and defend them day and night.

When will it dawn on Nigerians that it is th Political class vs the common men?

Who do black people these thing?

Can Israel please extend this war to Nigeria, some people here are dumber than Hamas.

22 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nepotism will not favour this country. We should practice true federal character. Na Buhari cause all this things. So I don't really blame Thiéfnubu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Anything to move our Darling country forward is all we want at MANNA.

God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Odin13: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tomorrow same southwest will come lobby northwest for votes again..

You see why you don’t trust bayerebe..

2027.. eh ..

Power to the people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by telim: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
God bless tinubu for appointmenting someone from south. Though tinubu na crook same as all Nigerian politicians

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by yinchar(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
And yet some stupid people from the South are part of those complaining since their preferred candidate did not win... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Nats12(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
A wise man once said "in a lawful society it is a crime to be lawless and in a lawless society it is a crime to be lawful".

Is Nigeria really a law abiding country?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Creditalerts: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
Fear north

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Exceed15: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
I don't like Tinubu's administration but on this one I stand by him.. na only una northerners.. nonsense

6 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by flexyrule(m): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2023
Now they got served.

The next thing is to cleanse the agency of religious bias.

A agency can't have only one religion as employees.

Never!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Seankhalifa: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
we gas change hands... south for efcc
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by freemonts87: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
It's not like they're going to come out and say anything about the ruling party na. It's their party undecided
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by iCauseTrouble: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by seunlayi(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Useless position until they can handle certificate forgers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Roger3D(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
TinubuDeDrugLor:

The north are still the power brokers. Nothing goes down with their consent. The preaent Yoruba ascendancy is just a stop-gap in the system

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Diligent1(f): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Only two of these people I will never forget, Nuhu Ribadu for being the best EFCC chairman so far and Abdul Rasheed Bawa for the corruption allegations against him.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by NzogbuNzogbu: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
i am not interested wether na dog them give

its just a turn to eat avenue that has zero input on Nigerians
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2023
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Ramadan Gifts: Two Dead / Ahmed Salkida Arrested By DSS At Nnamdi Azikiwe Int'l Airport / 2019 Elections: SDP Emerges As Third Force - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.