Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 (27572 Views)

ABIA: Orji Kalu Providing Transformational Leadership Since 1999, Says Universit / EFCC: Northern Group Rejects Appointment Of Odumosu, Commends Tinubu For Nuhu Ri / Northern Leadership Have Shown They Are The Covert Backbone Of Fulani Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
monex:

exactly. Meritocracy over tribal affiliations. Most of your tribal affiliations today will disappear in some 300 years

It's quite funny that you think 20 good years of exclusive Northern headship of EFCC was based on merit when your mind should interprete it as nepotism instead of meritocracy.

There's nothing remotely close to meritocracy in those appointments, it's simply based on political affiliations and choices.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Bunnatex(m): 1:13am On Oct 17, 2023
4ward4:

Are you saying in the entire region that haven't gotten the position, there isn't a single competent person?

I'm saying that the President should be allowed to choose those he wants to work with. Let him decide on those he trust to deliver on the job
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Jagabanarmy: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2023
olakraft:
Recently there's been a minor social media outrage since the news of President Tinubu appointing Ola Olukoyede as EFCC chairman broke out, especially since he is from the southwestern part of Nigeria where the president is also from. A lot of people have made accusations of tribalism against the president and claimed he appoints Yoruba people simply because they are from the same ethnic group, but how enlightened are we really?

Now, for those who don't know the history of the EFCC, it was established in 2002 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and began operation in 2003 and for the past two decades of its existence, the EFCC has ONLY had Northerners as Chairmen.

Similarly, FCT (ABUJA) had never had a minister from the southern part of Nigeria, but Tinubu ensured that Nyesom Wike (former Rivers Governor) was given that position.

Below is a list of the heads of EFCC since 2003 till date: You be the judge! and ask yourself if nobody in the south has ever been qualified for headship of the EFCC.
If you are not pleased with the appointment, do hug transformers.. period..let them talk
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

If you are not pleased with the appointment, do hug transformers.. period..let them talk

grin grin grin
Make we educate them small abeg, so that Nigerians won't think everything is about tribalism... At least, I am not an APC member, neither am I a politician, but I believe in facts and that was why I created the post.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by 2elliot: 10:27am On Oct 17, 2023
This is just one area I love Tinubu and prefer him to Obi. Tinubu has the balls to play the dirty tribal Nigerian politics against the north, unlike Jonathan or even Obi who will be pandering to the stupid tantrums of the north. It's good they have a taste of their own nepotistic game. Tinubu should reverse all the agencies the north have been having a cock choke on and level things up.
But however, my fear is that the north and south west may be having a secret agreement to rotate power between themselves in a situation whereby they retain power only among themselves each time power gets to one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence / Eddy James Onajite Beaten And Stripped By Thugs In Delta State (Photos) / Ekiti Election: Fayemi Accuses INEC Of Giving PDP Election Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.