Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,860 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 (27560 Views)

ABIA: Orji Kalu Providing Transformational Leadership Since 1999, Says Universit / EFCC: Northern Group Rejects Appointment Of Odumosu, Commends Tinubu For Nuhu Ri / Northern Leadership Have Shown They Are The Covert Backbone Of Fulani Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Alvin212(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
olakraft:
Recently there's been a minor social media outrage since the news of President Tinubu appointing Ola Olukoyede as EFCC chairman broke out, especially since he is from the southwestern part of Nigeria where the president is also from. A lot of people have made accusations of tribalism against the president and claimed he appoints Yoruba people simply because they are from the same ethnic group, but how enlightened are we really?

Now, for those who don't know the history of the EFCC, it was established in 2002 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and began operation in 2003 and for the past two decades of its existence, the EFCC has ONLY had Northerners as Chairmen.

Similarly, FCT (ABUJA) had never had a minister from the southern part of Nigeria, but Tinubu ensured that Nyesom Wike (former Rivers Governor) was given that position.

Below is a list of the heads of EFCC since 2003 till date: You be the judge! and ask yourself if nobody in the south has ever been qualified for headship of the EFCC.

Fucckk off

Yoruba EFCC

Make him no put eye for our skull mining business grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Kajaard: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tinubu got it right.

Next stop is NNPC. That place needs a complete overhaul. Just imagine the nonsense - over 80% of the GGM's and ED's are northerners angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by israelmao(m): 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
Tinubu said he would build on Buhari's legacy and no one builds of Buhari's legacy without being nepotic and divisive.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by olisefom: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2023
Thank God for Tinubu. Atleast he is repaying those we think enjoy nepotism.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by chaloskyx: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
intil you give this position to a white man then i would take you guys seriously
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by ToladolVentures(m): 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
This is true.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Cruise777: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Honestly my Northern Paddy Dem no even send, they know it's out turn

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by SoNature(m): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roger3D:
The north are still the power brokers. Nothing goes down with their consent. The preaent Yoruba ascendancy is just a stop-gap in the system

Every region is a power broker in Nigeria. There are no power cabals anywhere. Nobody negotiates power in Nigeria. Voters decide the next president of Nigeria.

Candidates of major parties win the presidential election because the parties have the necessary spread across the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by SouthSouth1914: 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
TooMuchStuff:
Northern Muslims ☪️ strictly.

it's a shame. Meanwhile the same Northern Muslims make up 96% of Looters since 1960 till date

Northerners in Nigeria are the most corrupt set of humans the earth has ever witnessed!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Roger3D(m): 2:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
SoNature:

Every region is a power broker in Nigeria. There are no power cabals anywhere. Nobody negotiates power in Nigeria. Voters decide the next president of Nigeria.

Candidates of major parties win the presidential election because the parties have the necessary spread across the country.
You know nothing about the north and their style of politics. Enjoy your meantime delusions
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by themanderon: 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
They all ended in shame except for Ribadu.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by SoNature(m): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roger3D:
You know nothing about the north and their style of politics. Enjoy your meantime delusions

If there was a power broker somewhere who determines the next president, nobody would be spending billions of naira running ads, bribing party faithfuls, buying votes, and going around the country to campaign for votes. The most stvpid people are those who know nothing but think they are the masters of politics. There are no power brokers anywhere.

Learning is a choice. You people should erase that SENSELESS idea.

Cc themanderon

3 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by themanderon: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
SoNature:

It seems you are a kid or you are new to Nigeria? Voters decide nothing. Nigeria belongs to some unseen power brokers who have decided it's fate from inception. We have been in this country long enough to know this
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by MightySparrow: 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
Power must change hand

Yesoooo

After Tinubu, Obi or chukwudumebi or chukwudumerije.

Give every part of Nigeria sense of belonging.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by azulkaraye: 2:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
Now they got served.

The next thing is to cleanse the agency of religious bias.

A agency can't have only one religion as employees.

Never!
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Oromoni619: 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nawaooo
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by IreneChidi(f): 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
Cruise777:
Honestly my Northern Paddy Dem no even send, they know it's out turn
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond and a certificate forging charlatan
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
MightySparrow:

Yesoooo

After Tinubu, Obi or chukwudumebi or chukwudumerije.

Give every part of Nigeria sense of belonging.
we are going there soon
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by slowice(m): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bunnatex:
For me it does not matter who heads the Anti-Graft agency. However, what matters is that they do their work with dedication and utmost sincerity.

For tribal persons, ask yourself what you stand to gain if it was a person from your region? Nothing. Its just the benefit of the appointee, his friends and family.

Your state governor, 3 Senators and House of Representative members are all from your region, what have they done for you? Nothing. We should not allow tribal sentiments to prevent us from seeking for the right dividend of democracy.

Mind you before you call me names, I am an Obedient and will Vote Peter Obi again should there be a rerun but however, I am a Nigerian and want to see it work for all

It matters because they have never done their job so that is off. Since we all agree that they are useless, let's now focus on tribe..... After all, it's not about competence or effectiveness but about empowerment.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by humilitypays(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
I commend Tinubu on that.

Tinubu also need to break the Northern cycle at NNPC. He should appoint the next NNPC GMD from either Southwest, Southsouth or Southeast. The north need to rest and observe things from afar, Nigeria isn't their birthright.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by melodyogonna(m): 2:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nice one from Tinubu there
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Coolgent(m): 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bunnatex:
For me it does not matter who heads the Anti-Graft agency. However, what matters is that they do their work with dedication and utmost sincerity.

For tribal persons, ask yourself what you stand to gain if it was a person from your region? Nothing. Its just the benefit of the appointee, his friends and family.

Your state governor, 3 Senators and House of Representative members are all from your region, what have they done for you? Nothing. We should not allow tribal sentiments to prevent us from seeking for the right dividend of democracy.

Mind you before you call me names, I am an Obedient and will Vote Peter Obi again should there be a rerun but however, I am a Nigerian and want to see it work for all
Most sensible comment!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by TooMuchStuff: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
SouthSouth1914:

Northerners in Nigeria are the most corrupt set of humans the earth has ever witnessed!
Working in FCT will always be an eye opener to what hausafulanis are in govt circles. they only come to loot in peace ✌
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by me69: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
olakraft:
Recently there's been a minor social media outrage since the news of President Tinubu appointing Ola Olukoyede as EFCC chairman broke out, especially since he is from the southwestern part of Nigeria where the president is also from. A lot of people have made accusations of tribalism against the president and claimed he appoints Yoruba people simply because they are from the same ethnic group, but how enlightened are we really?

Now, for those who don't know the history of the EFCC, it was established in 2002 by former President Olusegun Obasanjo and began operation in 2003 and for the past two decades of its existence, the EFCC has ONLY had Northerners as Chairmen.

Similarly, FCT (ABUJA) had never had a minister from the southern part of Nigeria, but Tinubu ensured that Nyesom Wike (former Rivers Governor) was given that position.

Below is a list of the heads of EFCC since 2003 till date: You be the judge! and ask yourself if nobody in the south has ever been qualified for headship of the EFCC.
It is not about where he is from, it is about the fact that the law has not qualified him to become chairman. You came use tribalism to justify breaking the law aren't they other Yoruba people that qualify for the job based on the law other than him?
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by chiboycue: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
olakraft:

I believe God allowed President Tinubu to reign as President of Nigeria inorder to liberate us from some appointments that favour only the North. I would not be surprised if the President decides to makes changes within DSS and NNPC that would not favour the North.

1 Like

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by DMerciful(m): 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2023
Are there no people in SS or SE? This is clearly nepotism!
olakraft:

At least you get the point. You don't need to like someone before agreeing with the fact and I respect you for that. Even I am not an APC fan, but the truth must be told!
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by membranus: 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Roger3D:

Not in this political era. How many northerners have occupied the presidency since 1999. The southerners have more shot at it than them.

It remains only the federal ministeries and parastatals, and I am sure the Tinubu presidency will do a lot to correct the northerners dominance there.
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Ladech(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
The only one that deserves that role is Nuhu Ribadu, the pioneer chairman. I don't know if he was corrupt or not but he carried himself well as an anti-corruption crusader.
I don't understand how the others made it to that office, some of them are brazenly corrupt.
olakraft:

Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
It's practically impossible for adherents of a religion that promotes killing and Looting sprees to have any integrity required for excellent leadership of any anti corruption agency.
They know this fact. They Loot because it's in their book to. So they put in there one of them in order to keep running 🏃‍♂️ after yahoo boys who are entirely young helpless southern bad boys...and non Muslims while leaving the real public financial criminals and treasury Looters to Enjoy their Loot in peace because they are from the north and headslamming bad men
Re: EFCC's Northern Leadership Since 2003 by Keme4Real(f): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2023
The first guy nuhu was the only real guy. All the others were fake.

All they do is leave the big fish in the offices and go after the small fry on the street.

Let the street breath.
Let STREET breath.
End EFCC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Kills Five Soldiers, Injures 40 In North East / Reno Omokri Reacts As Ajimobi Loses Senatorial Ticket To PDP / Shehu Sani Picks PDP Governorship Nomination Form In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.