Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It (33291 Views)

Nigerians Use Paracetamol To Cook Meat: Concern As More People Use It / Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerians In Europe Pay Half A Million Naira For Child Circumcision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by africandollar: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
siofra:

No, that's not true. African men that run to marry white women richer than them?
African men that wail here everyday that their girlfriends can't offer them money in their relationships??
African men that say they can't marry a woman who doesn't have a job?
African men that demand for princess treatment nowadays while pining for rich white women that will pamper them??
Definitely not the African men of this generation or on nairaland.

I just know say you go dey here dey yarn nonsense. How market today?

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

First pregnancy without epidural? Na she pretend say she fit play wonder woman only to find out she no get the stamina join. Na her wahala be this one. Whatever decision she makes na she go bear am. undecided
Wow am stunned

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Ghoxt: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
This isn't front page worthy.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Fearyourcreator: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Speaking on the ambulance matter, in New York, a woman was in a bad accident. Several people rushed in to help , while someone pulled out his phone to call for an ambulance. Woman somehow spotted him, somehow guessed he was calling for ambulance, because she screamed 'Please don't call an ambulance. I can't afford it'

Medicare is expensive anywhere period. Even in countries where it is free, people pay for it at very very high tax rates. (As in, half your yearly income). The USA has high health standards, which is why healthcare is very expensive there. (and why people are opposed to single payer healthcare like the UK's NHS, because it means higher taxes , and tax in the USA is very high already).
I thought it's free there ni
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by PlaysNigeria: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2023
that’s the price you’d pay, for demanding the equality your mother never had. Now go ahead and pay since you are “independent.”
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Fearyourcreator: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
99thEnemy:

What I understand is that at the current dollar to naira rate as at the time of this very post ,₦6,008,156 was paid for by her for her Labor. grin
Lolz
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by CoronaVirusPro: 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2023
simple87:

So true. The greatest challenge face by an avarage American is the cost of healthcare. I know of a an American family that moved to Spain because of their health care spending in the USA.

Lucky them!

Many have lost everything and become homeless due to healthcare issues.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by ohlawd: 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2023
wow.. your child faa... na wah ooo
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Olu1000: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2023
Your husband is a selfish b******d.What are you still doing in such a “marriage”? That man has showed you his true colours.He will show you more Shege if you remain in the marriage.Marriage is about love , respect , partnership etc.He is supposed to foot the entire bill as he was the one who planted his seed in you.Leave that b********d immediately!!
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Caleb15(m): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
People wey dey speak big grammer dey always get this kind proplem
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Perewenkle1: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2023
My dear, don’t let this destroy your marriage, when you work and maintain your individual account, it means you all have responsibilities, your husband may be paying the rent or mortgage plus car insurance while the lady pays for other household bills.
In the case of medical insurance, whoever has the best insurance should carry the other, I hope you both don’t have insurance taken from your paycheck and in terms of deductible, I will suggest you guys have HSA account, this is deducted from your check before taxes and are used for medications and deductibles.

Good luck and congratulations on your first baby.

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Perewenkle1: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2023
Use the HSA that carries over the balances and does not expire.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by maasoap(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Speaking on the ambulance matter, in New York, a woman was in a bad accident. Several people rushed in to help , while someone pulled out his phone to call for an ambulance. Woman somehow spotted him, somehow guessed he was calling for ambulance, because she screamed 'Please don't call an ambulance. I can't afford it'

This is bad. Even in my state, there are govt free ambulances. Medical care could be mediocre though.

Medicare is expensive anywhere period. Even in countries where it is free, people pay for it at very very high tax rates. (As in, half your yearly income). The USA has high health standards, which is why healthcare is very expensive there. (and why people are opposed to single payer healthcare like the UK's NHS, because it means higher taxes , and tax in the USA is very high already).
What is the benefit of high standard that majority can't afford or access?
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by yinkeys(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2023
Bliss52:
Medicare is very expensive abroad

The day I knew how much ambulance cost in Florida I feared for Oyinbo people

Ambulance that isn't even here
Ambulance is free in UK
Not US I think
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Chetas81(m): 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2023
Bliss52:
Medicare is very expensive abroad

The day I knew how much ambulance cost in Florida I feared for Oyinbo people

Ambulance that isn't even here
you don't need ambulance lol,who told you that, Nigerian citizen need ambulance, they were not equipped with modernization
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by drimzsmoke(m): 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2023
DyshApp:

I know right I mean who does that she really though that she was wonder woman

She has a low pain threshold, she gave birth via SVD, so the epidural is not really needed. In my country Nigeria, our women give birth without epidura except when CS is indicated.... As for the husband, the man na weyrey!!!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2023
DyshApp:

But the man sef wicked he refused to even split the bill because she should have not taken pain relief for child birth
She should have taken the pain relief called epidural injection. Very important. When taken, you can still push your child without any stress. Na her fault. OYIBO people sef
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Jeamillz2020(m): 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2023
Mad man
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
I thank God for the kind of husband I marry sha.
Odogwu will never let me pay bill at home or anywhere
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by SoNature(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

That's not true. Medicare is by far cheaper in the UK than the US. People always complain that UK citizens pay a lot of taxes. But the bulk of that money goes into subsidizing a lot of things, including healthcare services.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Khyrvxjzy: 5:18pm On Oct 13, 2023
DyshApp:
Okay coming here as a last resort because I genuinely think this problem could be the end of my marriage. Also throwaway bc my husband is a frequent redditor. My husband (35M) and I (32F) welcomed our first baby three months ago. We’ve been married 7 years now and decided it was time to expand our family. Everything was going well and we were in our little newborn bubble of bliss until the hospital bills came. Both my husband and I have jobs and everything financially is split 50/50, but we’ve always kept our money separate with the exception of a joint account for bills.

Throughout the duration of my pregnancy, I planned to go for an unmedicated natural birth with as little intervention as possible. That was up until I hit the 24 hour mark of labor, I caved and got the epidural (which I was open to having if needed). My husband had no problem with it, even encouraged it.

When the bill came he brought it to me to pay all $8,000+ (after insurance) from my personal savings, I asked why. He said “You’re the one that couldn’t hold out for a few more hours and jacked up the bill with all your meds and an extra nights stay and he shouldn’t have to pay for all of my extra requests. If I wanted luxury, I should expect to pay for it”. I was stunned, and flipped out, but I’ll spare you the details.

He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him?

What would you do in this situation?

i like your gender u guys dont lie

your husband is not at fault
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by nairalanda1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
SoNature:

That's not true. Medicare is by far cheaper in the UK than the US. People always complain that UK citizens pay a lot of taxes. But the bulk of that money goes into subsidizing a lot of things, including healthcare services.

As I said in my comment.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by nairalanda1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

I thought it's free there ni

Not in the USA.

1.You can get some level of 'free healthcare' in some hospital emergency rooms, but that is dependent on the hospital's goodwill(one hospital in an American state stopped giving free care via the emergency room because it was costing them too too much money).

Also, there is some level of cheap care for some categories of citizens eg if you are a serving or former millitary, you can get some care at their Millitary run health system.

2.Most Americans are on one form of health insurance or the other (we do something similar here via the NHIS system). But health insurance only pays up to point A, after which you pay from pocket and it is a lot of money]

3.Most US hospitals are private. Meaning...they have to find money. Meaning something as simple as parking your car in the hospital parking lot can cost a lot of money! (Something similar happens in our hotels, where a bottle of Coke can cost twice as much as it does outside the hotel because the hotel has to make money).

USA could have free healthcare, but it means heavy taxes, which is why that option has never been considered.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by nairalanda1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2023
wonlasewonimi:

We had our baby in the NHS birth centre (massive room with all the gadgets) natural birth with epidural and all care. After the second day, we carried the baby home without paying a dime. They even provided food for the mum.

Because you paid the appropriate taxes, as did UK citizens ...lots of them

If we implemented UK tax rates here in Nigeria, people would protest, seriously. ENDSARS would look like child play.

It still costs the UK government alot of money (the NHS does have a bit of debt)
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by faithfull18(f): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
Just let him carry the next pregnancy, can you imagine.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by faithfull18(f): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2023
Just let him carry the next pregnancy, can you imagine
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Fearyourcreator: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2023
nairalanda1:

Not in the USA.

1.You can get some level of 'free healthcare' in some hospital emergency rooms, but that is dependent on the hospital's goodwill(one hospital in an American state stopped giving free care via the emergency room because it was costing them too too much money).

Also, there is some level of cheap care for some categories of citizens eg if you are a serving or former millitary, you can get some care at their Millitary run health system.

2.Most Americans are on one form of health insurance or the other (we do something similar here via the NHIS system). But health insurance only pays up to point A, after which you pay from pocket and it is a lot of money]

3.Most US hospitals are private. Meaning...they have to find money. Meaning something as simple as parking your car in the hospital parking lot can cost a lot of money! (Something similar happens in our hotels, where a bottle of Coke can cost twice as much as it does outside the hotel because the hotel has to make money).

USA could have free healthcare, but it means heavy taxes, which is why that option has never been considered.
Nothing is free anywhere then
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by Lovestrong(m): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2023
Evolutionism:
And who gives a Fvck. Nonsense.
Do I?

1 Like

Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by CENI: 3:18am On Oct 14, 2023
This Lady should calm down please. You are about to be depressed. What's is money compared to being alive and carrying you baby. The birth of that bundle of joy should make you bear the cost. Thank God you even have the money to clear the bill. The money we make is meant to be spent, (whether husband's or wife's) not just on ourselves, but also for our family. Your husband's reaction may have been a buildup situation before the childbirth which you did not tell us. Why didn't you two agree to pay the bills from your joint account, even before the childbirth?

Consider my advice: Leaving the marriage/him is not the best option. Isn't your marriage, husband, or child not much more important than money? Learn to submit to your husband (if you are a child of God), because it appears like you are competing with him, just because you are working and making money like him (may be more than him).
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by BALLOSKI: 10:38am On Oct 14, 2023
Gender equality on full display.
Re: Husband Refuse To Pay Half Of Childbirth Hospital Bills Because He Didn't Use It by PierreAbutu(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2023
DyshApp:
Okay coming here as a last resort because I genuinely think this problem could be the end of my marriage. Also throwaway bc my husband is a frequent redditor. My husband (35M) and I (32F) welcomed our first baby three months ago. We’ve been married 7 years now and decided it was time to expand our family. Everything was going well and we were in our little newborn bubble of bliss until the hospital bills came. Both my husband and I have jobs and everything financially is split 50/50, but we’ve always kept our money separate with the exception of a joint account for bills.

Throughout the duration of my pregnancy, I planned to go for an unmedicated natural birth with as little intervention as possible. That was up until I hit the 24 hour mark of labor, I caved and got the epidural (which I was open to having if needed). My husband had no problem with it, even encouraged it.

When the bill came he brought it to me to pay all $8,000+ (after insurance) from my personal savings, I asked why. He said “You’re the one that couldn’t hold out for a few more hours and jacked up the bill with all your meds and an extra nights stay and he shouldn’t have to pay for all of my extra requests. If I wanted luxury, I should expect to pay for it”. I was stunned, and flipped out, but I’ll spare you the details.

He refuses to budge, calling me a princess for expecting him to pay for all the “extra add ons” I requested in the hospital. this is by far the biggest issue in our 14 year long relationship so far and I’m so lost on where to go from here. I gave in and paid the bill, but since then we haven’t been talking much and honestly I just feel disrespected. Do I have the right to feel this way or is it just hormones? Am I The Asshole for expecting him to contribute towards the cost of my childbirth? WIBTA for considering leaving him?

What would you do in this situation?

Equal rights cun feminism

Equal responsibilities

Abeg stop complaining 😁😁😆😎

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men - My Childhood; My Manhood; My Prostate.. A Must Read!! / Your Urine Colour And Health Status / Emmanuel Chidiebere Onyeomereneche Dies In Damgrete Hotel Umuahia Swimming Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.